MARCSELLA | MM93

By sweetkiarine

21 years old young woman accidentally bumped into the famous MotoGP reign World Champion, Marc Marquez. Not o... More

Chapter 1 | Country of Bulls
Chapter 3 | Lost in Cervera
Chapter 4 | Hey! It's You Again!
Chapter 5 | Little Tour Around Cervera
Chapter 6 | He's Messing With Me
Chapter 7 | Feels Like Home
Chapter 8 | The Adventure Begins
Chapter 9 | Hello Florence
Chapter 10 | A Coincidence
Chapter 11 | Heart of Barcelona
Chapter 12 | Hidden Gems
Chapter 13 | Old Friend
Chapter 14 | Friends?
Chapter 15 | Really, Jo?
Chapter 16 | Wait, What?
Chapter 17 | Brother's Hometown
Chapter 18 | The Road-Date
Chapter 19 | Panic at the Revel!
Chapter 20 | Give me 5!
Chapter 21 | Doing It Again
Chapter 22 | You Must Be Kidding
Chapter 23 | Ocean's Child
Chapter 24 | Love in Madrid
Chapter 25 | Alex?!
Chapter 26 | Bucket List
Chapter 27 | Spanish Broadway
Chapter 28 | I didn't say it back!
Chapter 29 | Last Day
Chapter 30 | She Who?
Chapter 31 | Disappointment
Chapter 32 | Recalling The Past
Chapter 33 | Home
Chapter 34 | Back To You
Chapter 35 | Me and You
Bonus Chapter
Bonus Chapter 2

Chapter 2 | I AM 93

2.5K 72 11
By sweetkiarine

Edited 02.02.2019

Chapter 2 | I AM 93

Marsella's POV

Two and a half hour had passed so quickly. I wandered around the city, talked to locals and took many photos of this beautiful city. My tummy roared in protest, I lost a track of time that I forget to feed myself. I made my way to some restaurant and ordered some paela. It's a spanish food.

Just as I began eating, my phone buzzed.

Incoming call: Jonathan

"Yeay, he called!" I said in excitement tone. I slid the green button.

Marsella: Hello big bro?

Jonathan: Have you landed?

Marsella: Yep, landed safe and sound.

Jonathan: Good, so have you eaten anything?

My dearest big brother lived in England, London to be specific. He finally became an international football player whom played for Tottenham Hotspur F.C.

At first I didn't believe him. I mean, why the hell Tottenham want to recruite my big brother. Then I started to realize he really good at football. Just wait until he can finally play for the Blues.

Marsella: Yes, Big Jo. I can take care of myself. What's gotten into you?

Jonathan : what do you mean?

Marsella : you asked unimportant question. It didn't sound like you.

Jonathan : I'm fine. My phone didn't ring as much as it used to be. I barely get notification from my little sister. Have you forgotten me?

Ah now I remember, since I got here, I barely touched my phone. I was busy with my camera and talked to locals. I used to annoy him by calling once an hour.

Marsella : you should be happy, right? Why wouldn't you?

Jonathan : I started to get used to it then you started to stop calling me. Make me feels like useless brother!

Marsella : Aw, you missed me already. I know big bro it's okay. Just admit it.

Jonathan : I hate you!

Marsella : hate you more (chuckled, then drank all the chocolate milk)

Jonathan : what are you doing? What's with the sound?

Marsella : See, you asked that again. (laughed so hard)

Jonathan : Shut it down. Hate you so much.

Marsella : if I tell you something about my experience here, would it make you feel useful? At least not useless.

Jonathan : maybe, so what's up?

Marsella : you're just being so cute for a brother sister moment.

Jonathan : Shut up!

Marsella : (I shut my mouth up, obeyed him)

Jonathan : Sel? Sella?

Jonathan : dammit, you really obeyed me to shut up? C'mon talk. You wasted my time also my patience.

Marsella : Okay, around two and a half hour ago, when I arrived at the railway station I got bumped by some well-known people, I guess. I fell to the ground then he helped me but I still upset until now.

Jonathan : (Laughed out loud) HAHAHAHA thaatt's reheelly fuuhuunyy! Hahaha

Marsella : already make you a person again?

Jonathan : Who were you bumped into?

Marsella : I dunno, I guess It was Marc. If that really his name.

Jonathan : Marc Marquez?

Marsella : yes

Jonathan : why don't you flirt with him?

Marsella : Ewh no. I barely know him and I'm not that type of girl. However, I still mad with him.

Jonathan : just be careful. You might just fall into his arm.

Marsella : what do you mean?

Jonathan : you will know when the timing is right. I need to get back to practice. I'll call you later. Love you.

He hung up before I could say it back. Whatever, he's Jonathan. He knew how much I love him.

I opened my travel journal which I called it 'wanderlust twins'. I and Marcell, my twin brother used to fill this journal together before he passed away.

And that's when the memory hit me. I remembered exactly how this book had created. Back then, I was at some bookstore with Marcell. We were just 14.

I walked to one of the bookstore at the center of my hometown. I was a bookworm-and still will be- so every time I went out, I always looked for new books especially novels. Marcell patiently waited for me as he looked through the traveling and reference section. He always read testimonies before we went to some place alone-I meant just two of us.

"Hey sis, have you found any book you want to buy?" he asked me with his careful voice.

"na-ah, between this two, which do you prefer?" I handed him two books that I wanted to buy. I was teribble on deciding. I remember once I have to decide two books on my own and I ended up regreting what I had picked. He read both the synopsis.

".. a psico that won my heart? Seriously Sel?" he frowned. I just lifted up my shoulders as an answer. He looked at me then shook his head in disagreement.

"A book that tells a story about a solo traveler who find her true love on summer vacation." He was silent for a moment then hand me the second book. "I think I like this one better."

"Okay twinnie." I nodded and brought the first book back to its shelf. "Don't you want to buy anything?"

"Um, actually I have an idea," he said smiling. I got dragged by his strong arms to craft and DIY's section. I frowned to him before I spoke, "you want to be creative? So you're a DIY person now?"

"C'mon sis, don't mock me. Just hear me out,"

"Okay I'm listening,"

"So, I've been wondering if we could make some travel journal together, you know, to keep the memories alive. Like scrapbooking, I guess?"

"You're a girl and much, much, more creative than me, so what do you say? I still can help you." He pleaded with his puppy eyes. Aw he always so cute when he did this.

"OH MY GOD MARCELL! Why just come up now? We have been to some places like two or three!"

"Better late than never. I mean we both had been to two or three places while our goals is to wander around the world."

"Yep, aw you're so sweet!" I said messing with his hair playfully. He stopped me, faking to be grumpy, "stop it, you embarrassed me!"

"Okay-okay I'll stop." I said to him, "let's split, I'll find some scrapbook papers and the crafty things. You can look for the binder."

He nodded then walked away to the binder section. I picked up some pack of scrapbook paper, glue, and travel related stickers. Marcell came back to me with two ring binders with different size, "Which one do you prefer?"

"How about the big one?"

"Ay-ay twinie." He returned the small one, "so, when will you be done?"

"Now, c'mon let's pay then we can go back home and start our work."

In our home.

I start to made DIY covers for the binder while Marcell helped me cut some pattern. Our older brother Jonathan stepped into my room. That time, Jonathan was just 16.

"What are you guys doing?"

"Making a travel journal, if it what it's called," Marcell replied to Jonathan's question. He sat next to me so I was between them.

"Part of 'make your dreams come true'?" Jonathan asked again.

"Yep, pretty much," I answered him. Jonathan was not really a fan of traveling as much as we were. Well, he had been with us to some places for family holiday. He would prefer to spend his time on training with his high school soccer team since he wanted to be a captain then applied to football academy and living his dream job-to played for the Blues.

"We well wandering around the world, together!"

"Wow, that will bring so much memories for like a lifetime."

"I know right!" I said.

"By the way, we haven't pick the title for the book yet. Marcell?" I asked Marcell.

"I don't know, I'm bad at making titles."

"How about Hodophile? It means an over of roads, one who loves to travel," Jonathan suggested.

"Nah, it sounds like pedophile." I shook my head, both boys laughed so hard because what I was saying. C'mon boys!

"No, it is not, Sella."

"Veni, vidi, amavi. We came, we saw, we loved?" I asked them.

"Uhm, nope. It sounds more like a motto not a title."

"Then what?"

"I dunno," we three became silent for a moment, dived into our own mind. Searching for the right title until Jonathan's sudden scream shocked us. "I know! Wanderlust twins!"

"What the hell Bro, you just scared the hell out of me!" I protested while he chuckled at my reaction.

"Sorry, I came up for a great title, though."

"You did, bro," Marcell said.

"So?"

"Wanderlust twin it is!" I and Marcell said in unison made our big brother smile widely as he was trying to say 'great choice'. I wrote 'wanderlust twin' on the cover of our now travel journal with my best hand lettering.

Ah, what a good moment. But I need to move on with my day so after I ate all the paela, I opened the wanderlust twins and read everything in Cervera's section as a guide to my journey here. I walked off the restaurant after paying the bill.

1 Local District Museum of Cervera

It's true that Marcell put every museum on the top of the list. He loved visiting museum. How about me? Not really. But, one thing I know is that Marcell-when he still alive-wanted to visit this museum so much, he barely stopped talking about it.

I explored the whole museum, was astonished by how this room was organized. There were plenty of different motorcycles displayed neatly. I think I realize why Marcell wants to visit this museum so bad, motorcycle racing.

'I am 93' was printed not in average size font but-gosh it was huge. It was written on the wall. At first I didn't know anything about motorcycle racing or MotoGP world championship. Thanks to this things, I started to get curious.

As if they knew what made me curious, my feet dragged me to the wall which had every detailed information written all over. Imagine this: a wall full of information about a motorcycling rider and his name is-um, Marc Marquez. Why does his name sound so familiar? I guess Marcell mentioned him most of the time when he and my older brother Jonathan got into motorcycling conversation.

Wow, this wall really does have detailed information. I mean like, well it start with his activities as young rider, motorbike, 125cc world championship or Moto3-as we are all know, then his evolution on moto 2 until he finally won moto2 championship in 2012 and since then he moved to the higher level, MotoGP.

Six times world champion he has achieved. I look up to see his picture. Why he seems so familiar to me?

Oh wait, I think I remembered something-Ah! That guy from the airport! I knew it! So he's a rider? The phenomenal Marc Marquez?

I shook my head just to clear my mind and started to explore the museum again.

**

After I got satisfied and had enough fun around the museum, I went to town hall which was built by Francisco Puig from around 1679-1688 and had been expanded in 1786.

I took a photo of it then wrote down all the information for my article. Writing travel related article and my own journey had become my habit beside doing some travel campaign and tour guiding.

I moved to Cervera university once I feel enough being in town hall. I must get my time management done if I want to finish this journey on time.

Then I explored Gaudi Centre reus, La Roca Village, Basilica of Santa Maria de Cervera, Miravet castle, and Caller Mas Vicenc.

The day turned to night and I already done visiting every places on the list. It's now time to continue my journey. I headed back to railway station to have an evening ride.

Enjoy!

Kiarine 💙❤

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

244K 3.1K 36
Alex was on a plane to Barcelona. Unexpectedly she made friends with two guys who sat next to her. They were touristing in the city. Thinking she wou...
171K 5.5K 52
[COMPLETED] She has always loved F1 and visited a lot of races with her dad since she was very young. She knows many people in the paddock and gets a...
6.2K 141 26
"I couldn't help but notice you reading there. What's the book about?" Ralf asked "It's a novel about a young woman who travels the world in search o...
56K 861 34
„You're perfectly wrong for me And that's why it's so hard to leave." - Shawn Mendes --- After 4 years, Azalea (24) moves on and starts to go on date...