Burning Sky // Alec Lightwood...

By Athena1393

Seventeen year old Sky has a pretty messed up life,trying along with her twin brother to support their househ... More

Author's note
Characters
For the record, it was the dryer
How about, sleep it off?
Are you insane? Run!
Tell me you are not part of a gang.
Did he just call Obama a"what"?
Oh fuck you Lightwood.
You almost run someone over
Just like your grandma's
Truths
Scott McCall is supposed to be with the good guys.
To match your dramatic passing out like a Disney princess
Late night revelations.
Memories
Language in front of grandma.
She's broken.
This is who I am.
You've been avoiding me.
Okay, so here's the story of my life.
Things have changed
You are so wipped.
Deal.
Sky...
I'm not talking only about them.
My chemistry teacher is an interesting lady.
Lazy days.
But with him, it's like I feel everything.
That means I won the bet right?
Maybe I am the only problem.
Falling.
Heartbreak and plans.
New generation of shadowhunters.
I'm in love with you.
Not an update.
Hugs and smiles.
No turning back.
Well, this is a nice change of scenery.
May.
Let me do this for you.
The trial.
Reuniting.
Until it does.
Learning.
I can't do this.
Change.
Guilt.
She was in love with life.
She would be so proud of you.
You are full of surprises.
Typical vampire always underestimating a shadow hunter.

Distractions.

1.8K 72 4
By Athena1393

"Let me get this straight, you need Alec's stele to open the safe and you want me to steal it from him?" Magnus asks us, looking weirdly at us.

We invited him over to the institute cause we needed his help with the plan. A week ago I would get weird over him being here but judging from the fact that Lydia is marrying Alec I guess I have no reason to be jealous, at least not of him.

"Lets use the word borrow." Jace corrects him and the warlock gives him a pointed look.

"No, I can't." He finally answers and we all let a groan.

In the first place I was totally against the whole plan too. I really didn't want to add lying in the list of things Alec hates me for. I see this as a way of betraying him and believe me this is the last thing that I want to do. But Jace and Isabelle are right, Alec can no longer see clearly. I don't know what has gotten over him but since everything that happened between us and with his parents being at the circle he seems to be a little bit out of balance and keeps on making the wrong decisions.

"Look Magnus, I understand why you don't want to be part of what we are planning, I do. But just think for a moment the situation we are in. Alec has completely lost it the past few days and innocent people are now going to pay the consequences." I try to convince the warlock, who looks at me with a thoughtful look, not entirely understanding my point.

"Except, think of the other side of the story too.If the clave is willing to subject meliorn, if they are willing to get this far what do you think happens when they get the cup? This affects everyone." Jace supports me and his statement seem to wake Magnus up a little bit now that he understands that his own people are in danger.

"Help us stop this." Finishes the speech Isabelle with a pleading look attempting to take a hold of Magnus' hand.

The man lets out a sigh of defeat before nodding to us.

"You are going to owe me." He announces and we all visibly relax now that he has agreed to help us. "I need someone to distract him or he will realize it." He points out and I kid you not, in a matter of seconds the whole group has turned their heads and is now looking at me.

Understanding what they are implying with their stares I widen my eyes and shake my head.

"No fucking way." I growl at them but they wave me off.

Jace places his hand on my shoulder forcing me to look at him.

For a moment I freeze and my heart tightens but I remind myself that it's just Jace and he wouldn't hurt me so after a moment I relax at his touch.

"You are the only one who stands a chance. You have this effect on him, when you are there he points all his attention to you." He reasons with me but I take a step back, causing his hand to fall.

"No, he hates me, and I think I kinda do too right now so this is the worst idea ever." I state sternly but Isabelle laughs.

"You don't hate him and he definitely doesn't hate you. You couldn't hate each other if you tried. Now get your ass over there and let Magnus do his job." She pushes my back urging me towards the direction of his office but I protest placing my feet stubbornly on the ground.

"I don't even know what to do." I cry but no one is listening to me anymore.

^^^^^^

"Why did I let you make me do this?!" I exclaim panicked as I am now standing outside Alec's door.

Magnus rolls his eyes from beside me. "You will be just fine my dear." He tries to clam me down but I shake my head to show him that he is completely wrong.

"You have to do this in order to save an innocent, you said that remember?" He asks me and I must admit that he is right.

I said that only minutes ago to convince Magnus to help, now I can't chicken out.

"Okay, yes you are right." I nod and take a deep breath before knocking on Alec's door.

A little part of me is silently praying that magically he won't be in there and I will get to go on with my life without having to do this. The other part of me? It has gone crazy in the idea of being alone with Alec after everything that has happened. My heart is beating like crazy in my chest and I tremble a bit only at the thought of seeing him.

When he answers, his voice is heard from inside the door making me weak at my knees.

"Come in."

If just the sound of his voice makes me feel that way I'm afraid that I will completely lose my shit once on front of him. I let out a last forced breath before opening the big wooden door and entering the room, closing the door behind me.

"Hey." I start and curse myself.

Hey, really? Couldn't I think something more awkward?

Alec's head immediately shoots up and he looks at me directly in the eyes with a weird expression, something between surprise, anger and...relief?

He lets out a breath, relaxing at my presence and I notice that he is currently changing the bandages on his wounded arm.

"Sky." He simply says and I tense at the sound of my name coming from his lips, the same lips I was kissing hours ago.

Concentrate Sky.

I notice his eyes following my every move as I approach him.

"Need any help with that?"

Alec's pov.

There is a knock on my door while I am changing the bandages on my arm and assuming it's Lydia I reply with a "come in."

I don't immediately remove my gaze from the bandages to greet the person.

"Hey."

At the sound of her voice I freeze and I snap my head toward her direction. She is standing in front of me with her big grey eyes staring directly into my own. I am beyond surprised to see her here.

After everything that has happened in the past forty eight hours it seems like we both needed some time away from each other. Or that's what I thought.

Seeing her here makes me feel a bit annoyed for sure, after all her reaction after our kiss and the fact that she didn't come to see me when I was hurt, well they kinda broke my heart. However, her presence also relaxes me, seeing her here right in front of me is such a relief to me. Like I I was suffocating but she allows me to breathe. I didn't realize how much I just needed her there before. But right now the only thing running inside my mind is how much I've missed her. I now that we saw each other an hour ago or so but it feels like ages since we last talked, really talked. I should probably say something and stop looking at her like that but I can't think of anything right now. There are just too many things I want to tell her, I need to tell her.

"Sky."

Her name is the only thing coming out of my mouth and I notice her shoulders tense. I can't take my eyes off her as she makes her way across the room and approaches me.

"Need any help with that?" She nervously asks, pointing at the bandages in my hands.

Great, she is nervous, at least I am not the only one freaking out here. Before I have the time to answer though she reaches and takes the bandages from my hand and then proceeds to wrap them around my injuries.

I tried to protest, removing my arm from her reach but she looks at me with her eyebrow furrowed and pleading eyes.

"Let me help you." She says and taking in the look in her face and the sincerity her voice had I stop resisting and relax.

When her fingers come in touch with my arm where the wound is I tense and force in a breath.

She stops, thinking that she did something wrong but I look at the ground. It wasn't something that she did.

"Did I hurt you?" She asks me concerned and I just shake my head.

"No...it's just...nothing." I stumble with my words and she gives me a confused look.

"It was what?" She tries to understand.

It was your touch. It was your body being so close to mine, your breath fanning my neck. It was the smell of you. It was just you Sky. I want so badly to scream those things at her. To make her understand how I felt. But I can't. Not after everything.

So I just shake my head and she shrugs it off continuing with the bandages on my arm.

While she is working on it I debated with myself if I should ask her about the wedding or not. I want to know what she thinks of it. I want to understand if she felt anything for me all along. She just ran away after our kiss. Does that mean I am the only one who feels anything here? I need to know.

"So...um...about the wedding." I start and she closes her eyes tightly for a second, like what I said had pained her.

So she cares.

"I don't want to talk about it." Sky says sharply but I press on the matter.

"Why not?"

She scoffs at me, like I am just being ironic and she drops my hand.

"I'm done." She says, pointing at the wound that is now fully bandaged.

She takes a few steps away and turns around ready to leave but I move quickly and catch her by her wrist.

"You don't get to run away. Not again." I raise my voice at her and she flinches, her hand shaking in mine.

I mentally curse myself for causing this reaction to her and release her, expecting her to leave. When even after she catches her breath again she stays rooted in her place at the room I am surprised.

So she won't run away.

"Do you really want to hear my opinion on the wedding?" She questions me with anger flaring up in her eyes. Anger and sadness.

I just nod at her and she nods back.

"Okay, I think it's stupid, pretentious and pointless." She announces with her voice quivering.

When I don't answer she goes on.

"And I'm not saying that for me or because of the feelings I have for you. " she states and I suddenly forget how to breathe.

The feelings I have for you.

Sky has feelings for me.

And I blew this up. I thought I had been rejected and went right ahead and proposed to Lydia. Sure it wasn't the only reason why I did it. I did it for my parents too. But I don't think I would have taken the decision if Sky hadn't run away.

With her cheeks visibly red from her confession she goes on. "I'm saying it for you. Because you are throwing away your life Alec. You are doing this because you think that that's what you are supposed to do, to help your family. But isn't it time to start living for yourself? Your family did what they wanted to do, they lived their own lives and made their own choices. It's not you who should be going around cleaning up the mess they've made." She says, desperately trying to make me understand her.

"You deserve to live your life how you want to." She gently whispers.

Her words make me feel warm and...she makes me feel as thought I matter, I guess that's what Sky does.

Ask me not to do this.

Just, if she says the word I will blow this whole thing up for her. I just need to know that she cares enough to fight for it.

Sky looks down at the ground for a moment and clears her throat before turning to look up to me again, this time the care and affection she held in her eyes minuted before is gone.

"Except if I am totally reading this wrong and this is what you want. Then go for it. If you love Lydia then I am happy for you." She finally says and my heart breaks all over again.

The warm feeling she caused me disappears and a cold one takes its place.

She really thinks that after everything we've been through, after me kissing her, that I love Lydia ?

She shakes her head at herself and hugs herself with her hands. "You know what, this is wrong." She says gesturing between us. "I really shouldn't have said anything, it's your decision to make after all."

"I asked you about your opinion." I stop her, moving across the room and closer to her.

"Well, I'm literally the worst person to give you advice on the matter." She laughs bitterly and makes her way to the door. "I mean I guess you knew something when you made that proposal right? So congrats again." She finishes, her voice rings cold in my ears. Sky opens the door and closed it swiftly behind her disappearing from my sight.

I am left alone here hurting more that I have in years, wondering how I let this girl who came out of nowhere win my heart and then in a blink of an eye, completely shutter it.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

283K 5.8K 30
Yvanna Abigail Wayland is the younger twin sister of the notorious Jace Wayland. She is more of a rule follower than her rule breaker brother. When s...
2.7M 73.3K 187
The greatest Shadowhunter of his generation is what they say about the legendary Jace Wayland. But, what you don't know, is that they also say the sa...
142K 4.4K 72
The greatest Shadowhunter of his generation is what they say about the legendary Jace Wayland. But, what you don't know, is that they also say the sa...
131K 4.4K 37
When it rains, it pours. There will be blood in the water. ~ This is our time. No turning back. ~ We could live, we could live like legends. ~ Left...