Tell me you are not part of a gang.

I try to open my eyes but my eyelids are heavy, like there is an invisible weight on them. Mustering all the strength left in my body I manage to crack them open just a little bit, enough for me to take a look at my surroundings.

Too many bright and shiny colors are dancing around the room making me dizzy, and I move my hands to my head with a groan. I feel the bed shifting underneath me and turn to look at my right, where Adam is standing with a sad smile.

"Hey." He whispers and I sit up, in order to be able to see him better.

Suddenly I remember why I had fainted and what had happened earlier today and I widen my eyes. Looking up I see the two boys from the street and another brunette, looking down at me with worried and annoyed looks.

"What the heck?" I exclaim and they stare at me for a second not saying anything.

"Great!" One of the boys, the raven one, says sarcastically, turning to look at the blond one with a pointed look. "We saved her life and she is cursing us." He comments and now I remember the flying arrow that hit the creature before it managed to get to me and Adam.

"I'm jace." Says the blonde one offering me a smile. I don't answer him, but instead turn to take a look at the room , wondering where in the hell am I.

"Right." He says again and my eyes land on him.

"Sky." I introduce my self and he nods.

"How are you feeling?" Adam strokes my hand and I feel my shoulders relax under his touch.

"Besides from the fact that I was almost killed by a thing with teeth and tentacles and right now I don't know where I am and with who? Dandy." I deadpan and he just smiles back at me.

"Figured."

I roll my eyes and try to get up.

"Really though , where are we? And who are you? Did you kidnap us or what?" I throw one question after the other and they three of them exchange weird looks.

I take in their appearance, the are all dressed in black and various tattoos decorate their bodies, they seem to be vary similar.

"Tell me you are not part of a gang." I beg, and despite my cool act, fear starts creeping inside my heart, fear because there are so many things happening that I can't explain.

Fear because I'm in the middle of an unknown room, with people I don't know and I just fought with something that was definitely not human. And I don't know where my mom is.

I turn to Adam, hoping to get answers from him but he is just looking at the other three with worried eyes.

"Can someone tell me what's going on? I'm kinda freaking out!" I raise my voice and Adam coughs awkwardly beside me before he proceeds to answer.

"Mom...she...has been taken." Adam tries to explain.

I feel my heart sinking in my chest, only for a moment, but the feeling is gone as fast as it came.

With a tranquility that surprises even me I question him about it. "From who?"

They seem take aback for a second, Like they expected me to burst in tears or something but they cover it with polite smiles. At least the girl and the blonde. The other boy is just looking at me with annoyance written all over his face. Before I confront him about it Adam sighs.

"Listen sky, why don't you let the guys explain what's up. I... well, there were some very...interesting details about our life we didn't exactly know."

He looks stiff, his lips pressed tightly, hands clasping the bedsheets.

I blinked at the trio with confusion stretched on my face, my eyebrows furrowed.