Burning Sky // Alec Lightwood...

By Athena1393

Seventeen year old Sky has a pretty messed up life,trying along with her twin brother to support their househ... More

Author's note
Characters
For the record, it was the dryer
How about, sleep it off?
Are you insane? Run!
Tell me you are not part of a gang.
Did he just call Obama a"what"?
Oh fuck you Lightwood.
You almost run someone over
Just like your grandma's
Truths
Scott McCall is supposed to be with the good guys.
To match your dramatic passing out like a Disney princess
Late night revelations.
Memories
Language in front of grandma.
She's broken.
This is who I am.
You've been avoiding me.
Okay, so here's the story of my life.
Things have changed
You are so wipped.
Deal.
Sky...
I'm not talking only about them.
Lazy days.
But with him, it's like I feel everything.
That means I won the bet right?
Maybe I am the only problem.
Falling.
Heartbreak and plans.
Distractions.
New generation of shadowhunters.
I'm in love with you.
Not an update.
Hugs and smiles.
No turning back.
Well, this is a nice change of scenery.
May.
Let me do this for you.
The trial.
Reuniting.
Until it does.
Learning.
I can't do this.
Change.
Guilt.
She was in love with life.
She would be so proud of you.
You are full of surprises.
Typical vampire always underestimating a shadow hunter.

My chemistry teacher is an interesting lady.

2.5K 74 33
By Athena1393

I am heading towards my room, when a little boy stops me in the middle of the corridor.

"You are Sky right?" The boy ,who I recognize to be Alec's and Isabelle's younger brother, asks me.

"The one and only." I smirk making the small boy chuckle. "And you are Max if I remember correctly. We've met before." I kneel next to him in order to be able to look at him straight in the face.

He gives me a nod looking back at me. "Yes I remember. You are the one that called Alec a sunshine." I widen my eyes, letting out a giggle.

"Oh my god, I had totally left that behind, thanks for reminding me. "

I am totally gonna bombard Alec with the nickname at every chance I've got.

Max shakes his head at me and studies me carefully.

"Doesn't Alec get, like, bothered when you call him that?" He asks surprised, clearly accustomed to his brothers grumpiness.

"Yeah, well that's what makes it better." I whisper winking at him and he gives me another one of his sweet smiles causing me to give one in return.

"Alec's right. You are always looking for trouble." He concludes with a giggle and my smile grows wider.

"What did you do?" I hear the voice of Alec from behind my back laced with amusement and maybe some concern.

I turn to face the older Lightwood rolling my eyes at his accusation.

"Relax sunshine I didn't do anything. Your brother here just finds my definition of fun a bit...trouble seeking." I gesture to Max behind me who nods at my words.

"Well, he isn't exactly wrong." Alec points out, not even bothering complaining about the nickname anymore and I raise my eyebrows trying to look offended.

"I don't go looking for trouble, but I do enjoy befriending it I must admit." I give in causing the small Lightwood to laugh and the older one to look at me with a pointed look. "Oh and by the way, your brother is way better company than you." I add and turn around to hi five the young cheeky boy.

It's true, I really enjoyed having a conversation with Max, probably more than most of the people I'm forced to have conversations with on a daily basis. Okay maybe not over Alec, but still close enough. Not that I would ever admit that to him. He really doesn't need an arrogance boost.

"Hey Alec," starts max before Alec had the chance to comment on my statement. "You think you can get my stele back?" He asks with an eager expression on his boyish features.

"They took it away because you nearly burnt the Mumbai institute." Alec's tone had become more gentle as he speaks to his younger brother causing my heart to clench in my chest.

"How many times do I have to say it was an accident?" The boy exclaims clearly frustrated with the situation and I smile at him.

"Look, Max somebody really important is coming to visit." Alec reveals and I turn to look at him confused having no idea who he's talking about.

He catches on my stare and gives me a sign with his head as to signify that he'll tell me later and continues talking to his brother.

" you think you can stay out of trouble for just a couple of days? if you do I promise I'll get your stele back." He tried to reason with Max but the boy only has time to give a small nod before the doors of the institute fly open.

Snapping towards the direction of the opened doors I notice a figure of a man who has entered the institute. Not a second afterwards I understand that the familiar face before me belongs to no other than Valentine.

Before I can even fathom what is happening and why I reach at my back and pull out the seprah blade and throw it directly towards the threat. The same time my attempted shot lands on the figures feet an arrow makes it's way towards his head only to be stoped by the man's hand.

The figure of the enemy trembles and it reforms into one of a blonde woman with red lipstick.

"The reaction time was abysmal. Except for you two." She nods towards us and then fixates her eyes on me before looking back at the blade a few centimeters away from her feet. "Kind of..." she trails off causing me to hide my face behind my hair embarrassed.

"I'm Lydia Branwell, envoy from the clave." The woman introduces herself the same time Maryse walks out of her office and approaches the scene. "The clave has ordered me to take temporary control of this institute." She goes on into further explanation and I notice Alec tensing beside me, looking intensely at the blonde.

"Where is Clary Fairchild? I would hope someone here knows." Lydia eyes us suspiciously before moving towards us.

"She's in the field training." Alec offers her to which she raises her eyebrows in disbelief.

"You're telling me she's just out and about in the streets of New York? Valentine's daughter?" She question us.

"Isn't she also your cousin?" Isabelle , who has come close to us along with my brother, asks her with her arms crossed over her chest ,as she eyes the girl up and down.

"Distant cousin." The woman corrects her as she turns around to face me and Alec again ,clearly waiting for an answer.

"Yeah, because we couldn't live with the extreme suspense of not knowing about your degree of relativity with Clary." I comment rolling my eyes."She's with Jace, by the way." I add in order to help the situation but Lydia looks unfazed and unimpressed at me.

"The same Jace Wayland who decided to lead an unsanctioned raid against the vampires?" She questions and upon noticing our confused expression she moves to elaborate. "I've read the reports. You must be the Belchers by the way." She adds looking between me and my brother.

"My father used to know your grandparents before they died, he was actually working for them." She says with a hint of admiration in her voice which quickly fades when she addresses to us again. "Glad to know that at least some of the important, powerful people are here right now." She sasses.

It's weird having someone like her say that we are important and most of all powerful. I mean clearly she doesn't know how disappointing we turn out to be after you get to know us. Still her comment makes me uncomfortable and judging by Adams tense shoulders I'd say that it worked for him too.

"Jace might be unconventional but he is our best soldier. If he's with Clary then she's in safe hands." Maryse supports Jace and Alec turns to look at me with a worried look.

"I hope so." Lydia deadpans. "For your sake and all of New York. All of your jurisdiction better be well protected." She gives us a warning look before moving to one of the screens at the corner of the room accompanied by Maryse.

"Not a fan." Isabelle announces as soon as she is out of ear sight.

"Jealous?" Alec asks with an amused tone and I turn to look at him furrowing my eyebrows.

"No." Isabelle scoffs and after a second she gives in leaning on the table."maybe. How did she catch that arrow?" She exclaims exasperated and I look at her with an amused smirk.

Suddenly Alec's phone beeps, what he sees causes him to widen his eyes and head towards where Lydia and his mother are standing with me, Adam and Isabelle fast behind him.

"I have something you need to see." He alerts them catching their attention. He connects his phone to the computer screen allowing to all of us to look at the situation that has occurred.

"Somebody attacked the jade wolf." He explains as images from the scene appear on the screen.

"The werewolves' headquarters." Maryse points out turning to look at Alec confused. "How-."

"How did you get these?" Lydia interrupts taking the phone from Alec's hands and examining the situation closely.

"Leader of the New York wolf pack." Alec replies with a shrug and Lydia squints her eyes at him.

"You're friends with Lucian Greymark? An ex circle member?" She requests causing me to glare at her and my brother to look at me with wide amused eyes.

"How about we send Isabelle and Alec to investigate?" Maryse tries to ease the tension formed between us. " I'm sure this is linked to..."

"Valentine." Interrupts her Lydia once again clicking her tongue. "I have to see this for myself." She says turning in her heels to head for the door but stops when she notices that no one is following her.

"Are you coming or what?" She furrows her eyebrows at us causing Alec to shrug before joining her.

"I was talking to you too." She says looking at me leaving me surprised as I turn to look behind me convinced that she's talking to someone else.

Nope, no one behind me.

I avert my gaze at the blonde again examining her, judging her decision to ask me to join them, clearly influenced by the fact that I reacted when she entered as Valentine. Well, a pathetic excuse of a reaction but a reaction nevertheless.

I shrug at her before following along with Alec.

I am walking side by side with Alec and Lydia is in front of us leading the way. No one has made an attempt to talk, each of us lost in their thoughts.

This attack at the jade wolf is the first sign that Valentine has the lead. The danger before was here but it was something distant, we were always dealing with other problems like Simon's death, to be able to really understand what was happening. Now? I can feel the danger hovering above us, ready to swallow us.

No one in the institute would admit it but if we continue like this, soon valentine taking possession of the cup and forming an army will not just be a threat but reality.

And I can't even think that in the middle of all this is still my mother. She is held captive by Valentine for months now and we don't even know if she's okay...more importantly if she's alive. No one is talking about it but if you think it through she's no longer useful to him. We have the cup. She can't help him get his hands on it so? Why would he bother with her anymore? I mean Clary's mom I get it. They had a...thing during the early days of the circle. He practically has an obsession with her. But my mother was just another of his followers.

"I can see why all the girl in Idris are waiting in line to meet you." Lydia interrupts me from my thoughts as she comes to walk next to Alec.

"What do you mean?" He questions clearly oblivious to whatever the blonde is talking about.

"Rumor has it that you are looking to settle down." She explains. Getting what she means I bite the inside of my mouth preventing myself from letting out a cry. Alec however is still looking at her with confusion. "Get married." She explains.

"Damn it." He curses under his breath, looking uncomfortable with the situation.

At least he is against the idea....

"Let me guess, not your idea?" Lydia tries and Alec nods at her words letting out a sigh.

"Not even close." He breathes and the girl looks at him with a knowing glint in her eyes.

"My parents tried to set me up too." She confesses with sympathy lacing her voice.

"God, what's up with you shadowhunters and your need to control people's lives?" I ask annoyed earning a shake of the head from Alec and an eye roll from Lydia.

"You are one too, you know." She looks at me with a pointed look before continuing. "Descendant of one of the most important shadowhunter families." She stresses even more and I groan.

"Don't remind me." I rub my eyes with my hands in frustration." So, how did it work out?The whole arranged marriage thing." I curiously ask her.

"Not well for them." She smirks. "I made my own path. Married the love of my life. John Monteverde. Together we ran the Lisbon institute." She smiles softly and I look at her impressed.

"There's an answer I surely didn't expect." I say mostly to myself.

"And then, jJhn was killed." Lydia finishes causing me to suck in a breath. "Everything was ripped away. My love, my dream, my job." She shakes her head looking at us.

"I'm so sorry." I mumble quietly lowering my gaze to my filthy converse. I can feel Alec eyeing me but I don't turn to look at him.

"It's okay." The woman shrugs with a sad smile playing on her lips. "You learn to live with it." She adds while rearranging her blouse.

"I know." I nod, looking directly in front of me.

There is a small silence before Lydia decides to talk again.

"Piece of advise." She says referring mostly to Alec. "In this line of work, the only thing worth falling in love with it's the work itself."

I look at her with my eyebrows furrowed taking in the sadness that covers her features. Seems like every single love story has a tragic end. No matter how in love some people are it's inevitable. First I saw it happening to my parents, now Lydia.

I shake my head at the blonde before speaking up. "Maybe falling in love in general isn't worth it." Both her and Alec turn to look at me and I shrug ignoring their gazes on my the back of my head.

Especially ignoring Alec's gaze even though I can feel him burning me with his eyes.

^^^^^^

"It has the characteristics of a foreshaken." Lydia examines the dead creature laying in the middle of the Chinese restaurant." It was human. It was runed." She announces as she fiddles with his hand.

"I don't know." Luke steps in while bandaging his injured hand. "It was more focused, more determined. He attacked like he had a plan." He adds standing up from his position. "Plus, a normal foreshaken wouldn't be so hard to kill. It took five wolves to take this thing down." He gestures at the dead foreshaken on the floor.

I try to look away and hide my disgust while Alec and Lydia examine the thing.

"It smells terribly." I comment, scrunching up my nose and moving to the inside of the room, away from the body.

"It's a dead body, it wouldn't smell like roses." Lydia points out with an irony lacing her voice.

"Well, calcium hydroxide and chlorine gas can mask the smell of a dead body." I say casually, shrugging my shoulders as if it's common knowledge.

"Why do you know that?" Alec asks me, he pretends to be horrified but I can catch up a tone of amusement and surprise in his voice.

"My chemistry teacher is an interesting lady." I laugh, ignoring Lydia's gaze who is on me, silently judging since I am not letting her do her job.

"We'll take the body back to the institute." Lydia announces standing up. "To have a full autopsy."

As she turns to make her way out Luke stops her. "Hold on, I get that I called you." He stops and looks behind Lydia's back at Alec. "Actually I called Alec." He corrects giving a look at the boy. "What I didn't want is for someone to come down here and take over."

Alec approaches us with his eyes still on the creature.

"Yeah, that's kind of her thing." He gestures towards Lydia causing her to roll her eyes and me to giggle.

"Look, I know I can come across abrasive." Lydia tries and I scoff.

"You think?" I ask earning an eye roll before she continues.

"But we are all on the same side here. Can we agree on that?" She asks looking around the room from one to the other.

Me and Alec lock eyes as we contemplate Lydia's statement. I give a brief nod and then we turn to look at Luke who has his arms crossed on his chest. He lowers his eyes as a sign of agreement and Lydia continues content.

"The institute has the resources to find out what this thing is." She finishes looking directly at Luke.

"We have an expert pathologist highly trained on all the creatures of the shadow world." Alec backs her up and Lydia turns to Luke with her chin raised.

"Do you have one here? In this...uh..Chinese restaurant?" She challenges the man while Alec crutches down to take a better look at the body.

I turn to look at Luke and the man looks at me with a defeated look before giving in. "Fine, you win. Just let me know what you find."

Alec takes a hold of the things hand and lifts it before averting his attention back to Luke. "You think valentine was behind this?" He questions him and I frown.

"Why? Is there another lunatic on the loose?" I ask semi sarcastic semi serious and Luke shakes his head.

"It's out of question. It's definitely his work." He emphasizes.

"What do you think he's after?" Alec raises his eyebrows at the man while sitting up.

"Honestly?" Luke hesitates for a moment before answering. "Me." He declares causing Lydia to shake her head.

"So wait, you think that Valentine continues his plan on attacking ex circle members? After all this time?" I ask referring to Valentines former plan to attack ex circle members that possibly had the possession of the cup.

"I don't know. It might be kind of personal." Luke's shrugs looking at me. "We have a complicated past." He offers and I nod.

"As I've heard." I comment remembering what clary told me she found out from her talk with Luke.

"But of course he could be going after the whole crew. I guess Valentine has a grudge against anyone who turned against him. Like your mother." He points out and I bite my fingernail nervously.

"We'll put extra wards at the institute." Lydia announces turning around indicating us that it's time to leave.

"Right." Nods Alec. "For hodge."

Lydia stops mid track with her gaze on Alec wearing a frown. "And your parents." She says with a matter of fact tone, causing me and Alec to stop dead on our tracks.

What. The. Hell ?

Did she just imply that Alec's parents were on the circle? Maryse and Robert? Maryse!?
How is that even possible?

I slowly turn to look at Alec knowing what this information will do to him.

He looks at the blonde with troubled eyes not knowing what to say.

"Did they conceal that from you?" She asks slowly and we both turn our attention to Luke who has his eyes on the ground.

Way to go Lydia. I think not daring to say these words out loud, knowing that now of all times is the worst time for my not so polite and discrete sarcasm.

The walk back at the institute is insanely silent since none of us knows what to say. Alec is walking ahead of me and Lydia and I can easily tell by his tense shoulders and sharp footsteps that he is beyond angry and stressed. Maybe even a bit disappointed.

Lydia keeps looking me worriedly knowing how big she screwed up and I look at her sympathetically knowing that she didn't mean for this to happen.

At some point she leans over me and whispers "did I mess things up?"

Being a tiny bit angry with her for revealing such a thing to Alec, practically telling him that his family had been lying to him his whole life, I scoff.

"That's an understatement." I reply back but regret it as soon as I let these words leave my mouth. "Sorry, you didn't deserve that. I know you didn't mean to reveal to him something that he didn't know. And he knows that too. It's not your fault if his parents concealed this from him." I try to make her feel better and she looks at me for a second before giving me a genuine smile.

"Thank you Sky." She nods in appreciation. I am a bit astonished by her reaction however I quickly hide my surprise with a smile back.

^^^^^^

We are currently at the institute looking down on the dead body as we wait for the experts to take over.

"We need to make sure that no magic was used to make this." Lydia announces examining the body carefully. "I'm calling the highest warlock to come in to consult."

That alarms me and Alec who snap our head at her at the same time with wide eyes.

"M-Magnus bane?" Alec stutters and I fiddle with my hands nervously.

"To come here to the institute?" I ask ridiculously causing the blonde to lift her gaze and watch both of us carefully with a strange look.

"Yes." She replies slowly. "Is there a problem?"

"No, not at all." Alec shrugs trying to hide his nervousness while I nod along with him.

"Yes Magnus is very good at magic." I agree with Alec trying to look like I don't care.

Too late for that probably, but at least let's not make a complete fool of myself.

But the question is why do I care? I mean it's Magnus, I should like him, he told me the truth regarding my family and helped us with Clary's memories even though I blew this whole thing up. And it's not that I don't like him or anything just...I don't know. Alec I get it, he reacted like that because he has a thing for Magnus. But me?

You reacted like that for the same reason. Because Alec has a thing for Magnus.

A voice says inside me making my stomach hurt. No, no, no. I shouldn't care about that. Alec can do whatever he wants with his life.

But you do care.

The voice strikes again and I groan internally.

Because you have a thing for Alec.

I refuse to do this. I cannot have feelings for Alec when I was the one who was so against falling in love. It doesn't make sense.

Yeah, but you are in love with him wether you like it or not.

Okay the inner voice should probably shut up because it doesn't have a clue what it's talking about. Right?

I'm definitely going crazy. Or more precisely crazier than I was. I just had a sort of conversation with myself. And I disagreed with...me.

Because it can't be happening. I don't even know what falling in love is supposed to feel. And even if it was happening I stand no chance. Maybe that's why I don't want Magnus to come here. I can't compare with him. Heck, I can't compare with anyone. I will always lose.

"Do you know him well?" Lydias voice interrupts my thoughts causing me to jump a little.

"Uh...just a little." Mumbles Alec with his eyes focused on the body.

"Actually I can't wait to meet him." Lydia laughs shaking her head. "Did you know that my great ancestor, Henry branwell, who was the last branwell to run an institute, and Magnus bane invented the portal?" She beams at us excited and I roll my eyes.

"Fascinating." I comment under my breath making sure Lydia doesn't hear it. However Alec does and lets out a small laugh causing me to tense and an unknown feeling takes over me as I recall the conversation I had with myself.

Perfect. I'm screwed.

However Alec stops and a serious expression takes over his features as he answers with a cold, almost emotionless voice. "No. just add this to the list of things I didn't know."

That makes both me and Lydia look at him but I quickly avert my gaze to the ground sifting uncomfortably on my place.

Alec moves to leave and I call after him. When he turns his head at me Lydia chimes in.

"I'm sorry." She starts making him give his attention to her. "You shouldn't find out your parents were ex circle members. Not like this." She says and the older boy nods briefly at her.

The blonde looks at him for another minute and not having anything else to say to him she exits the room.

And I'm left alone with him. This never made me uncomfortable before but since the piece of information the little voice inside my head gave me things changed.

I refuse to meet the boys eyes as I keep mine fixated on the figure laying on the autopsy table.

I am aware of his presence as he moves towards me and when he makes an attempt to touch me I quickly pull away.

"I-I have to...I will go back to my room." I say breathless refusing to lift my eyes off the ground but before I have time to move the boy stops me by touching my hand.

"Are you okay?" He questions with worry and I nod. "Yeah, fine just tired." I lift my eyes and when they meet his I freeze.

He seems very torn and maybe angry. I know that this feelings are not pointed at me but are there due to the information about his parents.

"I should be the one asking you if you are okay." I breathe out and he shakes his head.

"I don't wanna talk about it." He crosses his arms on his chest stubbornly looking at the ground.

I let out a sigh moving my hand to rest it on his hands. His eyes widen and he looks down at it making me regret possibly every decision that led me here. I quickly move my hand and tuck it into my hoodies pocket.

"Y-you and I both know that you want to talk about it. You just don't know what to say." I stumble with my words and he looks at me with a blank expression showing that he won't talk.

I sigh and shake my head at him. "Look, Lydia shouldn't have been the one who told you but you know that they shouldn't speak about Valentine." I try to reason with him, to make him talk.

My plan seems to work because he drops his hands and snorts. "And how convenient is that for my parents?" He snaps making me more frustrated by the second.

"So what? They were in the circle with Valentine. So many people were Alec. It was thought he was doing something good. And no matter what, people make mistakes." I say forcing him to look at me.

"Not this kind of mistakes. They were associated with Valentine, they were in his league. This is unforgivable." He insists making me angry and a bit disappointed.

My eyes harden and when I speak my voice is laced with a cold and apathetic tone.

"Let me remind you that my mother was in the circle too. And yet, that mistake that you call unforgivable doesn't even make it to the list of her biggest mistakes. And also, she was a Belcher. You know what that means for people here. Your family has offered so many things to the shadow world and has a very powerful position in the clave. Nothing changes that. And you should be proud of them instead of judging them. Because you know something Alec? They do what they do because they love you and Isabelle. Maybe in their own twisted and strict way, but they do, you know that better than me. You can't take that for granted, some people don't even have this." I finish and the boy is now looking at me with eyes filled with guilt and regret even though the anger hasn't completely disappeared from them.

"And for fucks sakes, I spent the last ten minutes defending your parents, who by the way, I don't like that much. "I exclaim and he shakes his head.

"Why did you do it then?" I furrow my eyebrows together at his question.

"Because I care about you." I say as the answer was already too obvious.

"But why? Why do you care so much?" He asks ridiculously making me angry again.

"What kind of stupid question is this?" I snap at him confused. "Why? I don't know Alec, that's what I wonder myself." I shake my head at him attempting to leave but he stops me.

"You are right, I'm sorry. Sky, hey look at me." He begs me but I find it hard since the distance between us is almost nonexistent and my hand that he is holding is pressed between our bodies and on his chest.

I make an attempt to move away but his hold on me is strong. "What's wrong?" He searches my eyes for answers but I refuse to give him any. Instead I just stop fighting him and turn to look at him.

"Leave me alone. I want to leave." I complain but he doesn't budge. "Damn it Alec you are hurting me." The boy lowers his gaze on my hand and his eyes widen before he releases me and I take various steps back allowing myself to breathe again.

"Are you angry at me?" He asks hesitantly and I sigh pressing my palms on my eyes.

"I don't know. I really don't know what I am feeling right now Alec." I say and attempt to leave again only for him to follow me.

We have arrived at the base of the stairs leading to the main corridor when he calls my name making me stop again.

"What? What do you want?" I exclaim and he raises his eyebrows at me.

"Maybe you should be asking yourself that question sky. Because I know pretty well what I want. It's you here that doesn't." He accuses me, giving me the impression that his words have a hidden message directed at me, or maybe it wasn't hidden at all. "Yo-you confuse me!" Exclaims a minute after the boy since I haven't moved to speak. "I am always trying to figure you out, and sometimes I think that oh maybe that's it, now I finally understand what she feels, I know what she wants, but you don't even know the answer to this question yourself." He confesses and the matter has completely gone out of control. We both now what we are talking about here.

I click my tongue at him and look at him straight into his green eyes, the eyes that cause my heart to skip a bit. Or actually they make my heart race inside my rib cage.

God, I can't stand this. It's like he has complete control over me and my emotions and my body without even doing anything!

"Maybe I know what I want but I can't have it." I reply to him and he shakes his head, taking some steps towards me, dangerously lowering the distance between us.

"If you don't fight for it you'll never know if you can have it or not." He suggests and I know he is right, I just can't bring myself to believe that if I tried things would go my way. I mean, maybe my fucked up mind even mistakes this conversation for something that it isn't. I can't risk it. There just too much to lose.

"This is pointless." I announce before attempting to leave.

Suddenly he places his hands on my arms and gently pushes me so that my back is on the wall. I suck in a forced breath. I can feel my heart pounding against my chest, the sound reaching my ears, I wonder if he can hear it too. My eyes are wide and stare right into his who are stuck on me. He is so close that I can feel his breath fanning my face. His whole body is pressed on mine and our noses are barely touching. My knees tremble and I think that If he wasn't steading me with his hand I would definitely be on the floor now. He moves one of his hands to touch my cheek and gently tucks a piece of her behind my ear.

"W-what, what are you doing." I whisper my voice so fragile and low that I doubt if he heard me.

He did though.

His eyes never leave mine as he answers me.

"I'm fighting for what I want." He mumbles and a second later I can feel his lips pressing on my own.

And that's it. Alec Lightwood stole my first kiss.

No he didn't just do that.

Alec Lightwood stole my first so many things.

Alec...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

131K 4.4K 37
When it rains, it pours. There will be blood in the water. ~ This is our time. No turning back. ~ We could live, we could live like legends. ~ Left...
183K 9.7K 87
[COMPLETED] "Emotions are nothing but a distraction, Clary." He said and I looked at him and knew that his heart and soul was filled with ice-cold no...
141K 4.4K 72
The greatest Shadowhunter of his generation is what they say about the legendary Jace Wayland. But, what you don't know, is that they also say the sa...
35.7K 903 25
Hi! I took over this story from the user @traaassshhh because they will soon be deleting the original story. The story may change a bit because I onl...