Trouble Makers

By notoriousnova

COMPLETED Rowan, Rachael, and Rosie Royal are three badass sisters who have grown up living in their families... More

Author's Note
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Epilogue
Bonus Chapter

Chapter 5

6K 210 39
By notoriousnova

Rowan:

Right before English class, I meet up with Rachael and Rosie. So far today, my classes have been pretty good. I was called Rosie or Rachael many times today, but I've gotten used to it by now. And thankfully, lunch is right after English, so I'll finally be able to eat.

When we walk into class, I immediately see three open desks next to each other. I also feel the eyes of about 15 people staring at us. God. I hate the attention. I keep my head down and grab one of the three seats. I start to take out my books when I feel a slight tap on my shoulder. I turn around.

"Uh, are you Rowan by any chance?" The guy, who I immediately recognize as Asher, the guy who helped me (kind of) when I got lost.

"Yes. That's me." I reply.

"Rowan." He smiles. "I'm happy that I found you. Glad to see you haven't gotten lost. Or, have you?" He smirks.

"Haha. So funny. You should be a comedian." I say, rolling my eyes.

"Glad to make you laugh." He grins.

"Whose this?" Rosie chirps from next to me. Stop the acting Rosie, you met him when you came to pick me up. This causes Rachael to turn towards us as well.

"Woah. You guys look so much alike." Asher says, brows raised. "And I'm Asher by the way."

"How'd you two meet?" Rachael asks.

"I, uh, I got a little lost while running the other day."

"Typical Rowan." Rachael chuckles. I scowl at her.

I'm about to add something when the bell rings. A middle aged women walks into the room. She has short bobbed cut hair and red glasses. She surveys the room, and stops when she gets to us. Her eyebrows raise slightly, and then she looks down at her iPad.

"Well would you look at that. Identical triplets. Let me see here," she looks at her iPad again, "You girls must be the Royal triplets."

I give the teacher a tight smile. Here's a pet peeve of mine. When it's the first day of school, and your teachers call you out in front of the class.

The teacher looks at the rest of the class. "Hello. My name's Ms. Willis. I'll be your English teacher this year. Since it's the first day, I'm going to call each of your names, and just raise your hand and say 'here'."

She continues down the line until she hits us. "Rachael Royal?" Rachael raises her hand. "Rosie Royal?" Rosie raises her hand. "And Rowan Royal." I raise my hand.

"I might need to split you girls up. There is absolutely no way I can remember whose who with you guys sitting next to each other. Luckily, I have a seating chart." The class groans.

A few minutes later, I feel another tap on my shoulder. "Hi there partner." I turn to see a shit grinning Asher looking at me.

It's not that Asher is mean. It's just that he's annoying. I've barely known him and he already knows how to push my buttons. God, can this class be any slower?

***

At lunch, I look around the crowded lunch room. I try finding Bella. She told me she usually sits by the windows. I make eye contact with her and wave.

"C'mon, that's Bella. She said we could sit with her."

Rosie, more than excited to meet a new person, practically speed walks over to the table. Rachael sighs and begins to follow us, but I stop her.

"What's up with you? It wouldn't hurt to crack a smile you know."

"Nothing. Nothing at all." Rachael smiles.

"Bullshit. I'm your triplet. I can tell when you're lying. I know you want to stay below the radar, but it is okay to make a couple friends. And when you do make friends, we don't have to tell them everything about us."

"Yeah, yeah okay mom." She smirks. I smile.

"Promise me you'll try to make one friend today?"

She smiles. "Fine. Loser." She smiles one more time before punching my arm lightly. "I'm gonna go get lunch."

I turn and watch her go, only to lock eyes with Luke. He smirks at me before giving me a slight wave. I shake my head and walk towards Rosie and Bella.

"Rowan! Hey! I heard you were trying out for the soccer team." Bella tells me.

"Yeah, I'm trying out today at 3. Do you play?" I ask curiously.

"Nope. I don't really do the whole sports thing. But, Marley here is on the team."

I look at girl with black hair. Her hair is long and slightly curled. She looks over at me and smiles. "Hey, I'm Marely."

"Rowan." I smile back.

"So you're trying out?"

"Yeah. I played back in Manchester, and I thought I might play here too."

"Oh Manchester, as in England! They're big on soccer, right? You must be great. What position do you play? Cause we could really use some good shooters."

"I play forward. Do you think I'll make the team?"

"Definitely. We could use some more players."

I smile at her comment and take a bite out of my sandwich.

***

I tighten my cleats in the locker room before heading out. Looking in the mirror, I run my hand through my hair before tying it up in a ponytail.

Deep breaths Rowan. Deep breaths.

I hear someone enter the locker room and I turn around.

"Oh. It's you. Or, one of you." I'm met with a scowling Ashlyn.

"It's Rowan." I tell her, not really caring.

"What are you doing in here?"

"I'm trying out for the soccer team." I tell her, praying to God that she doesn't say what I think she might say.

"Seriously? I play soccer." She rolls her eyes. "I swear to God. You better not take my position." She glares at me before exiting the locker rooms.

I walk out of the locker rooms and make my way towards the football field. "Royal!" I turn around and see a guy in a football jersey jogging towards me. Once he gets closer, he takes off his helmet and I frown when I see who it is.

"Carter." I state.

"Nice to see you too Princess. You ready for your tryouts?" He nods to where Coach Grant is setting up cones.

"As ready as I'll ever be." I smile.

He looks at me, smiling.

"What?" I ask worriedly. Do I have something on my face? Do I have a bump in my ponytail?

"Nothing. Good luck on the tryouts. I'll be cheering for you Princess." He winks before jogging back to a group of football players.

"Rowan! Come on!" I hear Marley's voice call out.

Throughout the tryouts, I nail every pass and every shot. I do my best to remember the girls names, that way I can call out to them. I make sure to control my first touch and pass when running down the field.

I can feel Luke's eyes on me sometimes, but I shake it off. By the time Coach blows the whistle, I'm out of breath. I just finished my running test and my time is great. I chug my water bottle down and wipe the sweat off my forehead.

"You did great out there Rowan." Bella slaps me on the back.

I smile. "I have a question. Ashlyn's a junior, right?"

"Yeah. She is. There weren't enough seniors to play, so we bring up the juniors. Why do you ask?"

"I had a bit of a run in with her in the locker rooms. She seemed pissed that I was joining."

"She has every right. Since you're a senior, you'll be favored over junior players. And with the way you played today, there's no doubt in my mind that not only will you make the team, but you'll definitely be a starter too." She grins at me.

"Royal!" Coach Grant yells. I jog over to him, away from the rest of the players. "Congratulations Royal, you made the team. I'll have your uniform by tomorrow. I want you playing forward. Practice everyday after school from 3 to 5. First game this Thursday."

I big grin takes over. "Thanks Coach!" I wave goodbye and head towards the locker rooms to change. I look over at the football team and catch Luke's eye. He grins and gives me two thumbs up. Right before I turn to leave, I see Asher too. I forgot that he played football too. He gives me a wave and because I'm in such a good mood, I wave back.

I think I see a frown take over Luke's face, but then again, I'm probably just imagining things. It is super hot and I'm in desperate need of some cold water and a shower.

***

That's the end of chapter 5!

Anyone team Luke? Or team Asher?

Also, sorry I post so late. I have soccer usually and too much homework!!

PLEASE vote and comment!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.4K 149 33
With a drug lord for a father and an addict for a mother, Jade Taylor has been dealt a pretty shabby hand in life. Her childhood was spent in a const...
282 5 28
Rose is a part of a bandit group. She was raised by them, with them for life. They're the only family she remembers. She would catch a bullet for any...
1.3K 98 16
When three worlds collide, there's nothing but chaos. Hey Bestiess!!! This story is about Rylie Mireya Caddel, who was born into a beautiful family...
It's Called Life By Ty

General Fiction

104K 4.7K 31
Quadruplets Rayna, Ramon, Ramir, & Ray have pushed there mom to her last straw. Having a hard time balancing their arguing, work, and everything else...