CEO's Maid in New York (BWWM)...

By Eugenia_Zantoto

Cindy runs way from her home town, hoping for a better life. To her surprise, she ends up in New York as a se... More

1. ESCAPE FROM AFRICA. (edited)
Important please read it!
2. BUSINESS AS USUAL (edited)
3.THE HIGHEST BIDDER (edited)
4. PERSONAL SLAVE (edited)
5. THE WATCH PLAN (edited)
6. OOPS (edited)
7. THE OTHER WOMAN (edited)
8. SHE DEVIL (edited)
9. PICNIC BASKET (edited)
10. NIGHTMARES (edited)
11. BOARD OF DIRECTOR'S (edited)
12. NEW LOOK (edited)
13. WHO'S SHE? (edited)
14.HIS LADY (edited)
15. HER OTHER MAN (edited)
16. REASON FOR HER SMILES (edited)
17. LITTLE RESEARCH (edited)
18.GOTCHA (edited)
19. ONLY FOR TONIGHT (edited)
20. WORLD'S APART (edited)
21. OFFFICE SECRETS (edited)
22. WAITING ROOM (edited)
23. SAY IT LIKE IT IS! (edited)
24. WHAT THE CAT DRAGGED IN (edited)
25. UNPLANNED ANNOUNCEMENT (edited)
26. NEW YORK HEADLINERS (edited)
27. NEW YORKS FINEST (TABLOIDS) (Edited)
28. OLD FRIENDS (edited)
29. FINAL TOUCHES (Edited)
30. WEDDING DAY (Edited)
31.WEDDING DAY PART 2 (Edited)
32. LETS CELEBRATE!! (Edited)
33. FALL (Edited)
34. IT HAS BEGUN (edited)
35. TRIAL BEGINS (edited)
37. Traitor (edited)
CHAPTER THIRTY-EIGHT: SURPRISE ME (edited)
Chapter 39
40. KARMA DARLING
Q&A

36. TRIAL BEGINS PART 2 (edited)

1.8K 131 2
By Eugenia_Zantoto

Cindy's POV

"Mrs. Martini, so I ask again, who was the person that purchased you?" 

"Mr. Kyle brought me to Mr. Felix's house on that fateful day." I responded calmly.

"Are you sure it was Mr. Kyle?"

"I don't think I'd forget the face of a man who clearly thought that I was no more important than a piece of art to be sold and used."

"How did you feel about Mr. Felix when you first met him?" I took a deep breath, exhaled, and composed myself.

"At first, if I'm honest, I didn't like him at all. I thought of him as the man who ruined my life."

"And your feelings for him now?"

"I'm married to him, and I guess you could say I love him. In fact, I love him with all of me."

The roaring from the crowd was heard loud enough to shatter one's eardrums.

"Order in the courtroom, I said order!'

The judge demanded from the crowd even though they calmed down, I could still hear the whispers. They thought of Felix as a monster and oversaw the wolves in sheep's clothing that were bathing in the glory of being praised as heroes.

"Cindy, we found documents with your picture and a different name; I think the name was-"

" Precious. I know, that's the name that I used."

"And why was that name changed?"

"Because it wasn't the name I was born with, Felix changed it."

"So, your captor had a change of heart?"

"No, my husband changed my name because he always had a heart, while my captor is sitting inside this very room with a lady that is trying to steal my husband away from me."

"And who, may I ask, is this lady?"

"Sharon, I assume that you know her... I don't doubt that many men know her in the biblical sense."

"Mrs. Martini, I suggest you watch how you speak in my court room."

The judge warned me, but that didn't scare me; I wanted to tell the truth after all.

The court proceedings went on and on. I was asked question after question until I couldn't answer any more.

Witnesses were brought up, such as neighbors, colleagues, and employees who have nothing but good to say about Felix. That didn't please the state prosecutors at all.

The judge had clearly had enough of all of this.

"The court proceedings are now at an end. The next scheduled date is 1 week from today, on the 13th of this month."

We all stood up from our chairs, and I watched them handcuff my husband and take him away.

*****

"Cindy, where are you going?" I turned to face my mother-in-law, who was still getting ready.

"I'm going to see my husband." Her face saddened as she walked towards me.

"My dear, we just came from the courtroom a few hours ago; I don't think it's good that you go and see him today... Have you been crying?" I was embarrassed to admit it, but I did.

"Yes, I cried a bit, but that's the last of my tears. I'm sick and tired of crying and doing nothing to get my husband out of that cell."

"But you are doing enough, my dear; you've got the best lawyers."

"But that's not enough! I'm Felix's wife, and I refuse to stand by and do nothing while the real culprits drag my husband's name in the mud."

"So, what are you planning on doing now?"

"Honestly, I don't know yet, but it certainly won't be sitting around and watching my husband fade away." My mother-in-law inhaled and exhaled; she smiled at me weakly.

"I know that you are a good woman, Cindy, and I also know that you love my son. So go see him."

I smiled up at her and kissed her goodbye. Every step I took towards exiting my home felt like a giant step.

****

Something about the visitation room never feels right. I know it shouldn't; after all, it's a prison.

I could see the female police officer bringing my husband through the cell door. She held him by his arms to guide him.

A pinch of jealousy ran through me. No one touches my husband like that except me.

I almost wanted to touch him, but I couldn't because a huge glass separated us both.

Through the glass, I could see he spotted me from a distance, and the smile on his face made me happy.

So, he is happy to see me?

My husband sat opposite me, and all I did was gaze into his eyes until he tapped the glass, indicating that I picked up the phone on my side of the glass.

"Hey beautiful!" he told me, with a bright smile on his lips.

"Even when you're being detained, you still find the time to flatter me. Have you known shame, Mr. Felix?"

"I'm not flattering you, my beautiful wife; I'm just telling you the truth."

"Felix, please don't make me horny."

I said it jokingly, trying to lighten the mood because we only had this time together.

"You're worried about you? I'm the one stuck in here with a bunch of guys with high testosterone, all trying to fight for who's more superior." A moment of silence passed, and all we could do was stare at each other.

"Baby, what should we do?"

"Cindy, sweetheart. We do nothing. We let the lawyers handle everything."

"But they are not doing anything!"

"Honey, calm down. Please."

"How can I calm down when my husband is being held in jail unjustly while the crooks get away with this crime?"

"Honey, we're not sure if it's really Sharen and Kyle—"

"Oh, please save me the crap!"

"Honey, I know how you feel, but they are innocent until proven guilty."

"Ha! Yet you, my husband, sit in a prison cell and haven't been proven guilty."

"I know how you feel, honey."

"No, you don't."

I looked at my husband straight in the eyes, and a serious look appeared across his face.

"Cindy, I know more than you think. I know how you feel more than anyone understands. Of course, I do. I'm a married man that can't even hold my wife at night when I sleep; I haven't felt your kisses in forever; I can't share my hurts and worries with you any time I want; and the worst thing is that I can't even protect my own wife!"

"I'm so sorry, Felix. I'm just so mad."

"I know that, sweetheart, and I understand. Do you still love me?"

"Felix, sweetheart, I love you more than I love myself, and don't you ever doubt that."

"I need you to promise me something. Promise me that you won't go after Kyle or Sharen."

"But—"

"But nothing, Cindy; I can't protect you while I am in here. You don't get it, sweetheart; you've become my life. You keep me going in here; if it weren't for you, I'd have lost my mind in here."

"If they convict you, for how many years?"

"Honey, please."

"Please just tell me, Felix; I'm your wife, not a child."

"Give or take fifteen years."

"Okay"

The officer came in and told my husband that his time was up. I was dreading that.

"Honey, I love you, and don't you ever forget that."

"I'll never forget that, and don't you ever doubt that". 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

14.4K 872 32
"What?" Ethan says in his all too familiar deep, rude voice. Ethan has pitch-black hair, is 6 feet tall, with a solid build. His deep grey eyes are g...
1.9M 105K 51
Zenia Blackman had a deep dark secret, which caused her to be fearful of falling in love. But there was one guy who was determined to make her fall...
1.6M 96.9K 39
"You all must have heard that a ray of light is definitely visible in the darkness which takes us towards light. But what if instead of light the dev...
3.2M 186K 77
Nobody ever loved him; she was the first who loved him. He did not have a family and then one day she entered into his life and became a world for h...