YOU PROMISE? (A ChanBaek /Exo...

By SHINEE_SAVED_ME

Chanyeol is the new transfer student at SM High. Baekhyun has had a huge crush on Kris for over a year. Kris... More

Main Characters (EXO)
Characters
Author's Note!!!
CH.01: New Kid in School
CH.02: Summer Nights
CH.03: 10 Minutes
CH.04: I Saw Him Standing There
CH.05: Good Vibrations
CH.06: Stairway to Class
CH.07: Mental Breaker
CH.09: He's A Rainbow
CH.10: Beautiful Baekhyun
CH.11: Love Letter
CH.12: With a Little Help From My Friends
CH.13: I Wanna Be Your Friend
CH.14: Get The Jinki
CH.15: Remember Jaehyo
CH.16: Dumb & Dumber
CH.17: No Kiss Today
CH.18: Rumour Has It
CH.19: First Love
CH.20: Monkey Magic
CH.21: Black Paradise
CH.22: Changes
CH.23: Just One Day
CH.24: Twenty Four
CH.25: We Like 2 Party
CH.26: Smells Like Teen Spirit
CH.27: Tattoo
CH.28: Back in Blonde
CH.29: Sentimental
CH.30: Satisfaction
CH.31: A Few Days Later
CH.32: The Diary Of Sehun
CH.33: Brotherly Love
CH.34: Take Me Now
CH.35: The Chase
CH.36: Ask Me WHY?
CH.37: YOU PROMISE?
CH.38: The Kids Aren't Alright
CH.39: Still In Love
CH.40: Enter Tao
CH.41: Call Me Baekhee
CH.42: Sweet Child O'Mine
CH.43: Not Alright
CH.44: Imagine
CH.45: Critical Beauty
CH.46: Don't Flirt
CH.47: Psycho
CH.48: Without You
CH.49: Missing You
CH.50: Green Rain
CH.51: Janus
CH.52: Butterflies and Hurricanes
CH.53: This Is War
CH.54: P.S. I Love You

CH.08: Story Time

110 3 12
By SHINEE_SAVED_ME

Title Reference: "Adventure Time" by Luhan.

****************  

SEHUN'S POV

Luhan is so cute when he smiles.

But, how come every time I look at him he never smiles?

He doesn't like me, that's why?

I turn back and notice Baekhyun just staring at Chanyeol.

"Hi" I wave at Baekhyun.

He's startled and smiles at me; then leaves quickly.

Well, that was odd. Baekhyun is a very talkative person not to say a word.

I look at Chanyeol. He looks upset.

"Hey is it just me or is there something going on between you and Baekhyun?"

I ask him and he quickly shakes his head. Does he think I'm stupid?

"Okay. If you say so." I tell him. He just smiles and looks away.

"Really, it's um I don't know- I just met him. I don't even know much about him."

I sigh, "He's a really cool guy. He's smart, funny, and has a really nice voice. I've known him since elementary school and he's always been quiet. In 9th grade, he started to be more friendly and talkative to others beside his group of friends."

Chanyeol just listens and nods. "Ah good to know. I guess I shouldn't overthink about him not saying hi to me, right? After all, I did try that joke I told you earlier but it didn't go so well."

"What do you mean?" I ask and he told me what happened during first period.

I laugh at him and he pouts.

"Sorry, but how did that happen?"

"I got really nervous... It's not because I like him or anything. I'm not good at talking to people, especially people my age." He tells me but I don't believe him.

"Okay, that's good that you don't like him that way because he likes my step-brother." Oh shit.

I cover my mouth and my eyes widen.

"What?" He asks me.

"You did not hear that," I tell him.

"Yes, I did." He gives my grin. Damn it, if Baekhyun finds out I spilled some tea he will never trust me again.

"You can't spill, ok? Do it for Baekhyun, he doesn't want my step-brother to know." I point at him.

"Okay, okay. I don't even know him. Is your step-brother in college or is he younger?"

"You might see him around, he's in the same grade as us. He is also turning seventeen in November."

Chanyeol's eye widen, "Oh uh he- he goes here too?"

I nod. "Yeah, he doesn't like me."

"Why?"

"It's um it's a long story."

I look at Chanyeol and see him thinking.

"Do um... D-do you um I don't know... wanna go and um get bubble tea after school? You can tell me about it? I'll pay."

I smile," Sure, do you wanna go to the park after and help me practice for my soccer tryouts?'

He nods.

Great

*

*

*

*

After class we had break time, I told Chanyeol I had to meet up with the coach for soccer to ask him some questions.

Chanyeol decided to walk around. We saw that we have third period together so we'll meet in class.

I walking to the new coach's office and knock.

"Come in." He says and so I walk inside.

Yixing, Jiho's little brother Jihoon, and another guy are here as well.

"Hi, are you here to meet me as well." He laughs and the rest smile at him.

"Yes, I'm Oh Sehun."

"Hello, I'm Lee Donghae and I'll be joining the team this year. Were you on the soccer team last year?'

"No I was-"

The guy who I don't know cuts me off. "You were the one who was late. Am I right?"

I nod, a bit embarrassed.

"Sorry about that, the coach from last year, Mr. Shin Donghee was very harsh. Oh, by the way, I'm Song Minho, but you can call me Mino. I was second string last year, and I'll be trying out again this year."

I smile at him.

We stayed there talking to Mr. Donghae for a couple of minutes.

Yixing and I go out first, leaving the 10th graders, Jihoon and Mino, with the coach.

"I'm going to see Junmyeon, wanna come with me? Baekhyun, Minseok, and the others should be there too."

"Sure. Jongin should be there too, for Kyungsoo. Have you seen him today? I haven't seen him all day long. I'm so happy he didn't move to California."

Yixing looks at me confused, "What he was leaving?' Why am I always the last one to find out what's happening?"

"Yixing, he told us the day before you left to Hawaii. Remember we were at the park with Jongin and Taemin playing soccer."

He thinks about it and then slowly nods, "Oh yeah... I guess, I just forgot." He laughs while looking at me.

Ugh, this guy. He needs to be protected.

We finally make it to the table where Baekhyun's group always hangs out at. Outside, by the cafeteria door and near the vending machines, there's shade here too so it's a great spot.

I see Chanyeol two tables away, focusing on his notebook. I walk over to him and look at his notebook.

He really good at drawing. He quickly covers it and turns to look at me. We're both startled.

"Hey, what are you doing here all alone? Come with me and let me introduce you to some of my friends."

He looks to where I'm pointing and shakes his head. This guy.

"What? Why?... Is it because of Baekhyun? Come on, dude. You want him to talk to you so come on."

I grab his arm and pull him. He pulls back to grabs his stuff.

We walk over and I introduce him.

"Guys! Guys. This is my new classmate, Park Chanyeol. Chanyeol, this is Kim Junmyeon, and his boyfriend, Zhang Yixing. They just became official today." They both smile and wave at him. I can see Chanyeol getting really shy. I kind of feel bad because he told me he is not good at meeting new people. Oh well, too late.

"Hi, and congratulations," Chanyeol says as he bows at them. Junmyeon and Yixing bow back and thank him.

"This is Kim Minseok and his boyfriend, Kim Jongdae. They have been together since 7th grade so they're the power couple here in school." Everyone laughs at my comment.

Once again Chanyeol bows and greets them, the couple bowed back and welcomed him.

"This is Kim Kibum and Kim Jonghyun. They have been together since 9th grade and they have their own little record for being the couple that fights a lot." Jonghyun laughs and Kibum starts yelling.

"YAH! WHY ARE TELLING HIM THAT! IT'S NOT ENTIRELY TRUE!"

Chanyeol laughs and greets the couple. Kibum smiles at him and waves. Jonghyun shakes Chanyeol's hand and looks at him with intense.

"YAH! Life is not FAIR! How come I'm so short and you have height to spare?!"

Everyone laughs at poor Jonghyun comment because we know he's not kidding. Chanyeol hugs him while smiling. Cute

"And this is Byun Baekhyun, Lu Han, and Do Kyungsoo. We're the single ones in the group- Well actually, I don't know about Kyungsoo. Have you and Jongin become official already? Where is he?"

I look around, and no sign of Jongin. Where is that guy? aish

Kyungsoo shakes his head, "No we're not official and we're not going to be official. Plus, I already met Chanyeol in first period."

"Me too" Baekhyun raises his hand.

What happened to Kyungsoo and Jongin? I wanna know?!

I'll ask Jongin because Kyungsoo looks upset.

We end up asking Chanyeol questions about his old school.

He doesn't say much at much at first, but Baekhyun convinces him because he said he wanted to know more about him. Chanyeol tells us everything. About a stupid girl starting a rumor and how it ruined his name back in his old school.

I feel horrible.

I can tell Baekhyun feels horrible for insisting.

The bell rings and we all start walking to class.

THIRD PERSON POV

The bell rings and students head to class. Baekhyun, Kyungsoo, Jongdae, Sehun, Yixing, and Chanyeol go to their third period together, AP History in room 201. As they walk in the teacher says, "Welcome to AP History, please find your name on your assigned seat and get settled in."

Students curse inside their head for not being able to sit next to their friends.

The classroom desks are wide with two seats, so each student has a partner to sit next to.

Baekhyun finds his in the last row and calls Yixing to come over because Yixing is his partner.

Chanyeol finds his seat in the last row right next to Baekhyun's desk and smiles to himself. The smile fades when he realizes his partner is Jongin. The guy he heard a lot about from Kyungsoo.

Sehun takes a seat in the first row and calls Jongdae who is his partner. "Well, aren't you lucky hahaha" Jongdae laughs at his own words. Sehun shakes his head and then puts his head down, waiting for class to start.

Kyungsoo finds his seat in the second row and one table to the right from Sehun.

Fuck my life

Kyungsoo thinks to himself when he sees Taemin's name card on the seat next to him, making Taemin his partner.

Taemin and Jongin walk through the door together. Kyungsoo tries busy himself with his book that he has been reading since yesterday.

Taemin takes his seat next to Kyungsoo. "Hey! Haven't seen you in weeks? How are you?"

Kyungsoo ignores Taemin and keeps reading.

Taemin looks back to Jongin who takes a seat next Chanyeol.

"Hey Kyungsoo, aren't you glad Jongin is staying here. I missed him so much. But now I can see him every day."

Kyungsoo glares at Taemin. Taemin smiles at him and points at Jongin.

Kyungsoo looks behind and sees Jongin waving. Chanyeol is just looking at Jongin and then looks at Kyungsoo.

"Hi, Chanyeol." Kyungsoo smiles and waves at Chanyeol then glares at Jongin.

He returns to reading his book.

Jongin is dumbfounded and looks at Chanyeol is who is seating next to him, on his left side.

Why did Kyungsoo say hi to Him and NOT ME!

Jongin just stares at Chanyeol, comparing his looks with Chanyeol's.

He's definitely taller but that's about it. I can take him.

Baekhyun, whose desk was next to Chanyeol's desk (on Chanyeol's left side), was listening to Yixing. Yixing was telling Baekhyun about how he bumped into Junmyeon in Hawaii during the summer and how they spent so time together and feelings for each other developed right away.

Meanwhile, in the first row, Jongdae was asking Sehun dumb questions; like who he preferred, Mariah or JLO.

Sehun wanted to kill himself, or at least fly away.

The second bell rings and the teacher stands up and goes in front of the whiteboard.

"Hello everyone, I'm Lee Soonkyu. As you know this is AP History, so we will get started right away because we have so much ground to cover."

Ms. Soonkyu tells them about the two main projects for the class, in which they have to complete with their assigned partner. One due before winter break and another due before April.

"Hey," Jongin whispers to Chanyeol.

Chanyeol looks to his right and nods to let Jongin know he's listening.

"You're new right? I've never seen you before. Our junior class is small that literally, everyone knows each other."

Chanyeol nods.

"How do you know Kyungsoo?"

Chanyeol told Jongin that he met Kyungsoo in his first period, not mentioning the talk Kyungsoo and he had about him.

"Just letting you know Kyungsoo is a very smart guy. We've been friends for years. We had a thing going on during the summer but now I don't know." I can't believe he ignored me? Jongin thinks to himself.

Chanyeol misunderstands what Jongin meant. Now he doesn't know? What he's just going to leave Kyungsoo hanging like that. That's not right, at least talk to him.

Chanyeol turns his attention back to Ms. Soonkyu since Jongin stopped talked and started thinking to himself.

Every student was given a textbook and workbook. Half an hour later, they began their assignments.

Afterward, it was fourth period and then lunchtime finally came.

A/N:
Block and Winner BFFs
And yes, P.O is Zico's little brother in the ff.

Published: April 7th, 2018

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

340K 14.4K 17
Park Chanyeol is one of the most popular kids in school, all the girls love him and all the guys aside from his friend group envy him. He's tall and...
136K 9K 132
"I can't fucking stand you!" "Aww we finally have something in common." #1 Chanbaek - 3/30/21 #1 Chanyeol - 04/24/21 #1 Jongdae - 04/24/21 #1 Xiuchen...
2.2K 188 16
I woke up because the sunlight was hitting my eyes. I moved and start whining because my back lower was hurtful. He and I were naked in the bed. My t...
2.7K 120 16
Saejin is the schools introvert. She finds it hard to get close to People yet is so afraid of being alone. Ever since moving to this new school, both...