Burning Sky // Alec Lightwood...

By Athena1393

Seventeen year old Sky has a pretty messed up life,trying along with her twin brother to support their househ... More

Author's note
Characters
For the record, it was the dryer
How about, sleep it off?
Are you insane? Run!
Tell me you are not part of a gang.
Did he just call Obama a"what"?
Oh fuck you Lightwood.
Just like your grandma's
Truths
Scott McCall is supposed to be with the good guys.
To match your dramatic passing out like a Disney princess
Late night revelations.
Memories
Language in front of grandma.
She's broken.
This is who I am.
You've been avoiding me.
Okay, so here's the story of my life.
Things have changed
You are so wipped.
Deal.
Sky...
I'm not talking only about them.
My chemistry teacher is an interesting lady.
Lazy days.
But with him, it's like I feel everything.
That means I won the bet right?
Maybe I am the only problem.
Falling.
Heartbreak and plans.
Distractions.
New generation of shadowhunters.
I'm in love with you.
Not an update.
Hugs and smiles.
No turning back.
Well, this is a nice change of scenery.
May.
Let me do this for you.
The trial.
Reuniting.
Until it does.
Learning.
I can't do this.
Change.
Guilt.
She was in love with life.
She would be so proud of you.
You are full of surprises.
Typical vampire always underestimating a shadow hunter.

You almost run someone over

3.9K 94 16
By Athena1393

We were back at the institute trying to figure out what we should do with Simon while Clary was having a crisis or something.

    "Wh-look at all this stuff, these screens. I mean can any of this help us find Simon?" She throws her arms around her gesturing to the equipment, looking like a lunatic.

"Where is he anyway? Some kind of crypt in Transylvania?" She says with an annoyed tone making the group look at her weirdly.

"That would be so cool !" I say earning a look from my brother telling me to shut up. Alec just rolls his eyes as he moves to stand next to the computer screen.

"Actually no, that was Camille's outfit right?" Asks Jace looking between Alec and Isabelle who were now moving towards him to the table.

"They're at hotel dumort down in ganzvore street." Isabelle confirms looking up at Clary waiting for a reaction.

The redhead doesn't miss I beat before answering " and we are waiting here? Why? We have to go there! C'mon lets go now! "

   "We need a clave resolution for that." answers Alec.

Of course typical Alec.

The girl stops dead in her tracks and gives him a deadpan look as if to show that she doesn't really care.

   "The six of us can't declare war on the vamps all by ourselves." Isabelle steps in supporting her brother and Clary sighs.

"And we can't react without considering our options." Continues Alec crossing his arms on his chest looking down at the redhead bored. " downworlders are slaves to their impulses, we're not."

   "Alec..." Isabelle warns him. "You can't stump on all the Downworlders."

   "Oh, that's right. Seelies have their charms apparently." Alec says giving her a teasing smile.

   "Right"agrees Jace laughing.

   "Seelies? What are seelies Isabelle? " I ask teasingly, because first of all I have no idea what they are and secondly Isabelle seems to know a lot about them if you get what I mean...

"They are like fairies" Jace answers in her position. "The fair folk pixies, nixies, elves anybody half angel half demon. It's pretty much  a catch all term."

Now fairies are in the game? What else? Maybe Bigfoot will come out in a while.

"Izzy can tell you a lot about them..." Alec informs as once again teasing his sister by looking over at her while raising an eyebrow. "She's got a thing."

"We all got our things don't we" retorts the brunette making me laugh and Alec's smile flatter.

"Burnnn" I whisper making sure that the older boy heard me. He looks at me and rolls his eyes.

Mission accomplished.

  "Okay I can't listen to this." Starts Clary ,clearly annoyed at us. "Simons been kidnaped  by vampires, I guess I'll take care of it myself." She says shrugging her shoulders.

"Such a buzz-kill" I say making the three shadowhunters laugh and my brother kick me playfully.

Jace calls after her. "Clary you're gonna get yourself killed." However the redhead doesn't seemed very influenced by his words as she continues her way out.

Adam stands up and yells after her "you'll get Simon killed too."

This stops the girl and she stays there with her back turned towards us for a moment before facing us again.

"Then help me. While we consider other options my best friend is suffering." Jace keeps his eyes fixated on her " is that something that shadowhunters understand or is that just me being a mundane?"

I sigh trying to think how I would feel if someone had taken Adam. I'd go crazy and nothing would stop me from finding him, not even the clave itself. I look over at him and I see that his eyes are already on me probably thinking the exact same thing. He offers me a small smile before we both turn our attention back to the group.

"Clary is right. They made the first move, we can take care of this ourselves now." Jace says shrugging his shoulders at the two others shadowhunters with a determined look.

"This is a bad idea" warns us Alec placing his hands on the table looking tired.

"Do you have a better one?" He seems surprised that these words are coming from me but I am honestly tired if the boys attitude. And he calls me cold-hearted.

   He doesn't answer and Jace steps in " look, the vamps broke the accords. They kidnaped a mundie , that's a big no-no. The clave will give us a lecture and then they'll be glad we did it." He assures the raven boy, who however doesn't seem at all pleased with how things are turning out.

"Can't argue with that." Confirms Isabelle looking to her brother who is now standing beside her.

"Even if we went ahead, I can't see how we get out of here without having to explain where we are going." Alec says seriously pointing out the obvious.

However me being me, decides to comment on the boy's insisting.

"And here he strikes again with the compulsive negativity." I sigh looking up at him and his head snaps at me with raised eyebrows.

"Do you ever stop talking?" He snarks back making me smile sweetly at him

" no it's one of my many lovable traits" he raises his eyebrows giving me a smirk

"I'm not really sure you know the definition of the word...or how to count." Alec snorts making Adam give a small laugh and me to throw daggers at him with my eyes.

"Guys! Could we concentrate please, Simon life is in danger." Clary snaps at us, and I take another look at Alec before turning my gaze to her.

"We need weapons and we can't let anyone see us get them" Alec turns to her quickly recovering from our last conversation.

Everybody falls silent, realizing that for once Alec was right and that we really couldn't start a whole operation against the vampires without weapons. I mean personally, I couldn't even do it with a bazooka but that's not the point.

The silence however is interrupted by Jace who smiles devilishly at us with a glint in his eyes, that honestly makes me anxious...who knows what we will have to do again.

  " I know exactly where to get what we need."

Oh boy...

  Getting out of Simons van we find ourselves at an empty graveyard in the middle of absolute nowhere. One of the many great plans of Jace I must admit.

"Can we all agree that we are never letting Sky drive again. Never." Alec complains looking dizzy as he cruches next to the car taking a hold of it.

Simon is surely going to be mad when he sees the scratches on his van...just saying.

Oops...

"I am the only one here who owns a license, so you don't get to complain sunshine. Besides, I'm a confident driver." He rolls his eyes at me, and gives me a weird look.

"You almost run someone over." He points out, gesturing towards the scratches on the van.

"Confidently!"

"She has a point, you know." Clary shrugs with amuse,ent, causing ,e to smile up at her.

"No, she hasn't." He shakes his head and turns to Jace.

"Who's grave is it?" He asks the blond while examining the tombstones curiously.

He lets out a sigh before turning to his friend with a thinking look.

"Mary Milligan, born January 10th 1802, died January 10th 1878." He informs us and at the sound of it I laugh.

"Now that's sad." I say making Adam laugh.

"What are we looking for?" He asks averting his gaze to Isabelle.

"Cache of weapons" she answers with a smile getting down to business , moving towards the back of the cemetery.

"Stashed here with miss Milligan." Jace laughs as he looks around trying to spot her grave.

"Why are there shadowhunter weapons in a churchyard?" Asks Adam looking weirdly at the trio.

"You are fucking insane really." I speak up making Alec turn to me with a judging look.

" no swearing in a churchyard" he comments and I snort in response.

"Sorry mom..." I pout at him look at me with amused eyes.

Miracles happen everyday people...

"Because all the ancient religions recognized demons." Answers Isabelle to my brother ignoring us."Or at least they used to." She shakes her head , her voice coming muffled from afar.

"They forgot about the threat because we've been here to protect them." Alec continues. "Typical mundane failure of imagination." His voice holds a tone of disgust and I can't help but wonder why.

He catches on my stare and holds it for a minute before turning his gaze to the ground making me cough awkwardly.

"Are you saying we do too good a job?" Isabelle stops in her heels and turns around to face the older boy. "You just can't let up can you?"

"You know what? Alec why don't you go check out by the angel?"Jace turns to him not amused. "Take Sky with you. Isabelle will go with Adam and I'll search with Clary."

"What no! Why do I get to be the one who has to deal with him and his arrogance ?" I exclaim causing the boy rolls his eyes and he just starts walking forcing me to keep up with him.

"I'm not arrogant..." starts Alec not looking at me but somewhere in front of him.

"Sure, keep telling yourself that." I reply sarcastically. He averts his gaze and his green eyes land on my grey ones. He looks troubled , like what I said bothered him however when he speaks he sounds bored and cold.

"Has anyone told you how annoying you are? Really it's remarkable." Alec shakes his
head with his eyes still burning holes in the side of my face.

"Well thank you, and no people usually find me adorable." I offer him a smile making him roll his eyes.

"So many things wrong with mundanes..." he sighs making me snort. "What's your problem with them anyway? So much hate for just normal people...."

He looks in front of him again not really minding to answer my question.  We continue silent for a few moments , the only sound coming from the leaves that I step on, into the black of the night.

"Alec" I call after him to which he doesn't react again. I sigh " you know pretending that I am not here won't actually make me go away."

He laughs sarcastically at my comment looking straight into the darkness.

"Really? Oh man and here I was hoping." He says making me laugh and nod my head at him.

"Oh cmon we both know that you don't hate me as much as you want me to think. I amuse you." I say making him pull a face, something between discomfort and guilt but i don't press it further.

"Don't have such a big idea about yourself." He finally says causing me to look at him with my eyebrows raised for a long time till he sighs looking defeated.

"Okay maybe." He gives in, awkwardly scratching the back of his head.

A dust of wind blows pulling my head back and making me shiver.

He looks down at me with a warning look.

" Don't take to much pride in it." He starts walking again leaving me behind silently smiling to myself...

  "Excellent" I hear Isabelle say from behind us looking down at her phone screen. "He is home. I am out of here."

I turn to face her curious and then avert my gaze to Alec as to demand for an explanation but he seems like he had been expecting this and just shrugs his shoulders.

"Wait aren't you coming with us?" Clary asks the brunette who is walking away.

"Oh, I wouldn't miss it for the world, but I got to find out how to get into the vampires
lair." She smirks before turning her back at us and starting to walk away.

"Don't do anything I wouldn't do." Jace calls after her causing Adam to let out a laugh and comment " Judging by her look I am guessing that's kinda hard." Being the only one who got what he meant I let out a laugh before covering my mouth with my hand.

"Jace"calls Alec "over here." The blond trails to where he is leaving us behind with clary.

"Soooo, you and jace huh?" I say wiggling my eyebrows at her causing Adam to laugh.

"What? No I don't know what you are talking about..." says the redhead turning her head down towards a gravestone.

"Please.."I start only to be interrupted by Clary.

   "Hey guys look!" She exclaims pointing to the grave beside her. On it is craved the name of the woman the had been looking for. "Jace, Alec I think we found it, Mary Milligan."

The duo runs towards us, also spotting the grave before kneeling to the ground beside it.

"Beloved servant?" Questions Adam looking at the grave. "Who wants that on their gravestone?"

"Someone who served a cause greater than themselves." Answers Alec dryly.

Jace not wasting another moment, takes out his stele placing it above the grave and looks up to the rest of us. "Abracadabra."

"Wait you people actually say that?" Asks Clary ridiculously causing me to roll my eyes.

Jace lets out a laugh. "No, Clary we don't"

After he draws the rune on top of the gravestone he and Alec go on to remove it in order to get to the weapons. When they lift it the reveal a wide range of weapons some of which I have never seen before.

  "Now, that's what I am talking about!" I exclaim before reaching to touch a blade only to be stopped by Alec. "Careful you don't know how to use it."

"Where is miss Milligan?" Asks Clary to which my brother replies "clearly not here..."

Jace turns to Alec ignoring them. "Do you see what you need here?"

The boy moves towards the grave and looks inside. "No.There is no bow here, I need one. I'll have to rune some arrows back at the institute too. Gotta go."

"How are you planning to get back inside?" Jace stops him before he walks away.

"Go in the back. The won't bother me if I am alone." He says before starting to walk away, behind stopped again by jace. "Wait, take the twins with you, if anything happens blame it on them." He says laughing.

"Rude." Comments my brother looking at him with a frown. Alec just shrugs motioning for us to follow him. He haven't even walked 2 meters when he stops turning to jace.

"Hey, I understand what we need to do. And I trust you parabatai. But don't ever doubt me. No mater what I said."

"It's already forgotten" replies jace " I'll see you at the hunt."

"Okay and after this touching moment can we please move?" Alec turns to look at me rolling his eyes before continuing walking.

He turns to my brother " Is she always so annoying?" Adam laughs looking at him.

"Brace yourself mate, she is just warming up." I give him a look pretending to be offended.

"So much for brotherly love." I say to which he winks at me.

As soon as we set foot in the institute Alec turns at us with a warning look. "Be quiet or else we'll get caught, and you've put us in enough trouble already."

Okay mean...

"Will be" I assure him in a singsong tone taking my brothers hand. Adam lets out a small laugh before covering his mouth with his hand. Alec looks desperate and I have to control myself in order to not burst out laughing.

   "I swear to god I'm dealing with 5 year olds.."

    "Okay, okay we've got this." Says Adam with his serious tone making Alec look suspiciously at us before heading off to the training room with us following silently behind.

He places his hand on a scanner and immediately the wall opens revealing hundreds of weapons.

"So fucking cool." I hear my brother whisper beside me and I can't really disagree with his statement.

Alec looks at us and rolls his eyes. "Pick one." He says gesturing towards the weapons. "You'll need it later."

Both me and my brother seem to be fascinated by the blades and we pick two up silently examine them. I twirl mine around excitedly but of course Alec turns to me and grabs my hand.

"You are gonna get us all killed. Be careful."

  "Oh c'mon how hard can it be to control a weapon?" I say in response making him raise his eyebrows.

"Very. Literally. Why can't you be a little bit more like your brother?"

"Hairy?" He laughs at my response.

" Serious."

Adam turns to us " not possible. And you haven't even seen the worst."

"It gets worse?" He pretends to be surprised.

"Dicks." I murmur.

Alec approaches a table to rune his arrows and I go over to stand next to my brother. He is smiling weirdly at me...that's not good... As he's about to say something we hear a voice behind us.

   "Alec?" Says the man that if I remember correctly is their trainer. Alec tenses and spins around to face him looking guilty. "Oh and you are the walker twins."

"Nice to meet you." I say offering my hand "Sky." He smiles shaking mine before turning to my brother. "And I know you Adam."

"Hodge right?" The man shakes his head offering him a smile.

Alec seems nervous and I sit on the table to hide the weapons earning a grateful look from him. He turns to the man. "I didn't know you were here." Says Hodge before taking a sip from his mug.

  "Uh, yeah, no, I..." Alec stammers causing me to whisper "smooth."

He turns to look at me angrily before giving his attention to the man standing in front of us.

"Don't tell me. I don't wanna have to report you."

"It's just that...you know with Clary here..." he starts before I cut him off saying "the man told you not to tell him Alec..." preventing him from saying something he'll regret.

Hodge ignores me. "That girl is valentines daugh-" a thing on his neck burns and hodge groans in pain, his hands go on it to hold it. "The monsters daughter." He says after a moment. "There must be a reason why the roaches are coming out of the woodwork again."

  "And that reason doesn't have to do with Clary." Says my brother defending the redhead, earning a look from hodge.

The man in question turns back to Alec and says "I'll leave you to it." 

But before he can make any move Alec calls his name.

"Hodge. Thank you." He says making the man smile

" You remind me of me, Alec." He starts. "The mortal friend standing in the shadow of the chosen one."

Alec looks away from the man, turning his gaze towards the floor. I examine him trying to see the impact these words had on him.

"Don't make the same mistakes I did. Look where it got me." He claps Alec's neck before turning around to us. "Nice seeing you." He smiles. We smile back and he disappears around the corner.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

322K 8.1K 38
"I'm sorry I never meant for this to happen I was supposed to protect you" "It's fine. I'll just have to live with it or should I say be dead with it...
183K 9.7K 87
[COMPLETED] "Emotions are nothing but a distraction, Clary." He said and I looked at him and knew that his heart and soul was filled with ice-cold no...
5.7K 303 31
Twenty-six days... who knew life could change so much in twenty-six days? We have encountered awfully a lot these past three weeks than we ever did o...
27.8K 766 20
Zoey Frey is the twin sister to Clary Frey. On their 18th birthday, their lives get turned upside down. While Clary learns that her memories of an un...