The Art of Seduction - Zayn M...

By ZaynKilam

Cora Fallon starts her first year of high school, optimistic about the new experience - new friends, new clas... More

Authors Note
Chapter 1: First Day of High School
Chapter 2: New School, New People
Chapter 3: Invited
Chapter 4: Tattoos
Chapter 5: Sneaking Out
Chapter 6: The Party
Chapter 7: Closed Closets and Open Windows
Chapter 8: Unplanned
Chapter 9: Freshman
Chapter 10: Bad News
Chapter 11: It's Fine
Chapter 12: Two Kinds of Comfort
Chapter 13: Seductive Smoulders
Chapter 14: Cologne, Paint, and Smoke
Chapter 15: Just Do It
Chapter 16: Labels
Chapter 17: Whats a Queen Bed Without a King?
Chapter 18: Wake-Up Call
Chapter 19: Tease
Chapter 20: Games
Chapter 21: Green With Envy
Chapter 22: Jello Shots
Chapter 23: The Morning After
Chapter 24: Unraveled
Chapter 25: Like an Art
Chapter 27: Success
Chapter 28: Problem (Pt. 1)
Chapter 29: Problem (Pt. 2)
Chapter 30: Stay For Dinner!
Chapter 31: Shhh!
Chapter 32: Leather
Chapter 33: Tell Me About It, Stud
Chapter 34: Mystery Guy
Chapter 35: Guilt
Chapter 36: Give Me Time
Chapter 37: Curious
Chapter 38: Trust Me
Chapter 39: Mr. Fallon?

Chapter 26: Friends?

4.3K 181 11
By ZaynKilam

Sorry it took so long! I've been very busy lately! - C

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Zayn's POV

-------------------

Louis Tomlinson has always been a pretty cool guy, but we’ve never been close, which is why I’m having trouble coming up with anything to say as I sit on the foot of his bed. He offered to tutor me in science because he’s one of the best students in the class and I’m - well, I’m pretty much the worst.

“Thanks again for tutoring me, I really need it," I say, trying to fill the silent air with a little substance. Louis scurries around his room, throwing clothes around like he's searching for something. "No problem," he says as he unzips his backpack to continue the search. 

"Ah, here it is!" he says and pulls out a textbook we received at the beginning of the year but I've never used. It's one of those thick text books that has thousands of pages but you really only cover around 10 chapters during the class. 

Louis is a good looking guy, which makes me wonder why he's never had a girlfriend. Well never one that I've ever seen. He's hilarious too, but can be quite blunt. I never would have guessed that he was good at biology. He grabs a notebook and pencil along with the textbook and sits next to me on the bed. "So, where do you want to start?" Louis sighs and rests his hands on the textbook.

I have no idea where I want to start...everything maybe? I don't really ever pay attention in class but requesting Louis to reteach me every lesson we've learned since the beginning of the year is a bit absurd. "Uh, well, I'm not sure actually. I was thinking we could-" the monotone sound of Louis' phone cuts me off. I briefly look down at his phone to catch the name; Harry Styles. How did Louis know Harry? And why was he getting calls from him? 

Louis ignores the phone call and sets it back down on the bed. He shifts eye contact a bit when he does and instantly opens the textbook. Not a minute later the ring tone sounds again and Louis grunts at the noise. I look down at his phone again expecting to see Harry's name but instead, Cole Fallon's is printed across the screen. 

Louis answers the call this time but walks out of his room before holding it up to his ear. I don't know why he needs to be out of hearing from me to talk to Cole, it's not like me and Cole hate each other anymore. We're actually pretty good friends, I think. 

I sit on the bed, not knowing whether I should make myself more comfortable or what. I wonder what Cora's up to tonight. We never got the chance to talk about what happened at the art museum. A few minutes later Louis returns to his room and I'm surprised to see Cole walk in a few seconds after him.

"Hey Malik, what's up?" Cole says and throws his jacket on the floor. He smells like he's been drinking and by the way he stumbles to the bed, I can tell he's definitely been drinking. "I hope you don't mind, he needs a place to stay tonight so I let him in," Louis explains and Cole sprawls himself across the bed. I stiffen my position even more than before when he does. 

"What are you doin here anyway Malik?" Cole says with half his face muffled into Louis' pillows. Louis mumbles something about going to get Cole some food and a glass of water but he's out of the door before I can respond. My focus turns back to the incredibly drunk Cole Fallon laying next to me.

"Uh I'm here because Louis is tutoring me in Biology," I answer him, shifting my position on the bed. Cole just groans and flips over onto his back. His eyes are closed like he's trying to fall asleep but he lets out a sigh and asks me another question.

"So, you're not a virgin are you?" I choke on air when he asks the question. Why the hell does he want to know? "No, I'm not. Why, are you?" Cole's eyes shoot open and he scoots himself to sit up on the bed. 

"No, but Serena is and she's not looking to lose it any time soon," Cole tells me. To say I'm surprised is an understatement. "Serena? Serena Valley is a virgin?" I have to hold myself back from laughing. From the look of the girl you would assume she lost her virginity freshman year. 

"Yeah, I know. Surprising right?" Cole rolls his eyes. "Yeah, just a bit," I say. It grows quiet for a few seconds and I begin to think he's fallen asleep, until he grunts and turns to his side to face me and asks yet another question. 

"How do you get girls to sleep with you then? Like how to you persuade them into it?" He's obviously looking for advice on how to get Serena to sleep with him. But why is he asking me? Cole has a bunch of other friends he could bother with his sex life so why does he feel the need to come to me for advice? Maybe it's just because I'm conveniently sitting next to him while he thinks about it. 

I shrug in reply to Cole's question. It's not like I do any certain thing to sleep with girls, it just happens. "I don't know, I mean I haven't slept with anyone in a while," I have no idea why I just told him that, but he's drunk off his ass so I guess it doesn't matter. 

"Really? How long has it been since you got laid?" Cole asks. I am beginning to feel a bit more comfortable sitting next to him. The alcohol in his system also gives me comfort talking to him about this. I barely even talk about this stuff with Dylan, much less Cole Fallon. "I guess not since mid summer really," I answer. 

Both of Cole's eyebrows raise in response to my confession. Almost as high as mine when he told me how Serena is still a virgin. "Well, what's stopping you?" Cole asks me. I have to stop myself from spitting out the entire truth. I just now realize how ironic the situation really is. The reason I haven't been laid since summer is because of Cora, but I can't just come out and tell him that. He's drunk but he isn't that drunk. 

Cole would kill me right here and now if he knew what Cora and I have been up to. At the beginning of the year Cole would never talk to me or even acknowledge my existence as anything other than a waste of space. 

I look back at Cole who is drunkenly waiting for me to answer. I have to come up with something quick but I've never been a good liar. "Well, the girl I'm interested in now is kind of playing hard to get," I tell him. Fuck. That was not what I was supposed to say. Now I'm going to have to think of someone in place of Cora if he asks who it is. 

"Hard to get? What do you mean?" Cole looks at me with questioning eyes. I put myself on a slippery slope and now I have to watch what I say so I don't get myself killed. But I can't just cut off the conversation, he would get suspicious. I don't know what Cole used to think about me and his sister but I'm sure he was already a bit suspicious. There's no need to bring that back. 

"Oh come on, you can tell me Malik! We're friends right?" Cole asks. Friends? Hearing the word come out of Cole's mouth is almost as weird as the concept itself. A few years back I would never think that sometime in the future Cole Fallon would refer to me as a friend. But If that's what we are...the last thing I want to do is ruin that. If he ever finds out about Cora, maybe it would soften the blow?

"Well, I really like her, and I'm pretty sure - no I'm sure she likes me. But we can never really be on the same page about it and we just end up teasing each other," I say, a bit slower than usual to make sure I don't say anything that could out me. Cole eyes look tired and I don't even know if he's really even listening to what i'm saying. 

"Well take her on a date or paint her something - aren't you good at that?" Cole says and sinks back down into Louis' bed. Where is Louis anyway? It seems like he's cooking Cole and entire turkey or something. 

"A date? I haven't taken anyone on a date since Brighton a couple years ago and then we went out once earlier this year but it was terrible," I confess and make myself a bit more comfortable in the bed. "Wait, I thought you we're talking about Brighton?" Cole sits back up on the bed, apparently more coherent than I thought. 

"Oh uh, no, I wasn't," I bite my lip, hoping he wouldn't ask further but he does. "Well then who is it?" Cole asks. There are almost 5,000 names in our school and the only one that comes to my mind is Cora. Fuck. "She uh-" I start but Cole interrupts me. "It's Marissa isn't it!" he looks at me inventively. I just smile and give him a small nod. Thank god Cole is better at thinking of names on the spot. He claps his hands in victory and mumbles a muffled "I knew it" to himself. 

Louis barges back into his room with a cup full of water in one hand and a bowl of noodles in the other. "Cole, sit up I brought you some food," Louis says and Cole lets out another groan before sitting up to meet Louis with the food. 

I can't believe I just talked to Cole about my problem getting laid with his little sister. It's not even that I want to sleep with her - I mean, of course I do - but I'm not that urgent about it. And if she's a virgin still, which I think she is, Cole and I have even more to relate with each other. 

After Cole falls asleep, Louis and I move to his living room to actually get some studying done. I wonder what Louis would think if he knew I was interested in Cora. I doubt he would tutor me anymore. 

That's another problem. Even if Cora and I stop teasing each other, everyone we know would freak out if I took her on a civilized date. Her brother would murder me before I even got her in the car. Maybe what Cora and I are doing right now is all we should do - or can do? And maybe that's why we've never taken it further. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Once again, sorry it took so long! I'm on vacation right now that's why! Anyway hope you liked it! 

Don't forget to comment and vote PLEASE!!! - C

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

449 24 20
The new student who loves photography arrives. y/n type of story.
6.3K 61 47
PLOT: Hey my name is Sara Cruz! I go too a private school and I am the head cheerleader! My best mates are Danielle and Liam. But Louis my ex just ta...
4.7K 80 23
Daina is lucky enough to get a place at her dream school in London. By mistake she meets Niall Horan and his friends, and by mistake she falls for hi...
327K 11.5K 26
Liam is the new kid at Gateway High School, London. He quickly becomes friends with Louis Tomlinson, an average not so popular boy at Gateway who sho...