Girls vs. Boys

By MP13Girl

(This is the prequel to There's a Thin Line Between Love and Hate. Do not read this until you've read that fi... More

Girls vs. Boys (1) - Hunter
Girls vs. Boys (2) - High School
Girls vs. Boys (3) - Hate at First Sight
Girls vs. Boys (4) - Aftermath
Girls vs. Boys (5) - Jesse Jacobsen
Girls vs. Boys (6) - Badminton
Girls vs. Boys (7) - Glue
Girls vs. Boys (8) - Party
Girls vs. Boys (9) - Dally
Girls vs. Boys (10) - Dance
Girls vs. Boys (11) - Christmas is a Time for Love and Hate, Apparently...
Girls vs. Boys (12) - Oblivious Jordan
Girls vs. Boys (13) - Birthday Surprise
Girls vs. Boys (14) - Pessimist vs. Optimist
Girls vs. Boys (15) - The Infamous Chapter
Girls vs. Boys (16) - Prom, eh, Jordan?
Girls vs. Boys (17) - Prom
Girls vs. Boys (18) - The Shocking Kiss
Girls vs. Boys (19) - Boo!
Girls vs. Boys (20) - But This Wouldn't be the Last
Girls vs. Boys (21) - Detention
Girls vs. Boys (22) - Bra
Girls vs. Boys (23) - Halloween
Girls vs. Boys (24) - Library
Girls vs. Boys (25) - Hunter Jonathon Drax
Girls vs. Boys (26) - Strep Throat
Girls vs. Boys (27) - Brother and Sister
Girls vs. Boys (28) - Secret
Girls vs. Boys (29) - Reunion
Girls vs. Boys (30) - Truce
Girls vs. Boys (31) - Park
Girls vs. Boys (32) - Senior Year
Girls vs. Boys (33) - The Betrayal of Aimee Dennett
Girls vs. Boys (35) - The Start

Girls vs. Boys (34) - Falling

19.7K 534 94
By MP13Girl

December 27th, 2010

“You have to talk,” Chelsea informed AJ flatly as we sat in my kitchen. “Come on, AJ. You can’t be silent all because that slut did what she did and won’t talk to any of us anymore. You have to be happier about all of this.”

AJ still didn’t speak, and I was about to give up all hope. Was she going to be mute for the rest of her life or something? I could have sworn I hadn’t heard her voice in nearly three days, after everything that had happened!

“Just give up, Chelsea,” I groaned, placing my head in my arms now. “There’s no use. We can’t force her to talk if she doesn’t want to. I’m sure she’ll talk sooner or later if we just give her some time.”

“But…” was all Chelsea could say, because she then let out a sigh. “I guess you’re right. She just needs time, I guess. I’ll leave her alone about it… for now.”

I only rolled my eyes at her, even though I did agree with her. The more time we gave AJ, the more likely she was going to talk to us. The sooner she started talking again, the better everything was going to be. I just hoped that she was okay and not too hurt over what AJ had done.

“We haven’t heard from Lexi in three days either,” Chelsea informed us worriedly, as if we didn’t know. “I’m really worried about her. Why wouldn’t she talk to us after what happened with Aimee and Bruce?”

AJ said nothing, and I did the same. I just didn’t know how to respond, and AJ was upset with the fact that Aimee hadn’t talked to her in three days either. Not that I minded that; I was hoping we’d never have to talk to her ever again.

“We should go over to Lexi’s house to see if she’s okay,” I suggested, not knowing if there was anything else that we could do. “She has to be there. There’s nowhere else she would go, especially without us.”

Chelsea agreed with me eagerly, but AJ only nodded solemnly. Sooner or later she’d be able to forget about Aimee. People lost best friends all the time because of things like this. She shouldn’t have been that upset about it. She should have felt bad for Lexi, not Aimee.

We hopped into AJ’s car and quickly made our way to Lexi’s house, which wasn’t that far away from mine. When we got there, everything looked as normal as it always did, so I didn’t think that anything was up just yet.

“So now what do we do?” Chelsea suddenly asked after we sat in the car for a few moments in silence. “Are we just going to sit there and hope that she comes outside or something? She might not even be home.”

“She’s home,” I said, not knowing why I had said it. “I can just tell.”

As we piled out of the car, I started getting a little nervous. I didn’t know how Lexi was. She could have been a crying mess, or she could have been completely in denial about it. She hadn’t ever gone through anything like this before. None of us have.

“I hope she’s not acting like Jordan did when Dallas ditched her at the prom,” Chelsea muttered, and I didn’t know if she intended for me to hear it or not. I scowled at her, which she saw, and she only smiled at me.

I then frowned. “I hope she wasn’t acting like I was. I was miserable.”

“And you and Dallas weren’t even together,” Chelsea reminded, as if I needed to know, and it didn’t make me feel any better about anything. The last thing I wanted right then was to be reminded of Dallas or anything like him.

I now knocked on Lexi’s front door, hoping that she would answer it so we wouldn’t have to go through her parents. Don’t get me wrong, I loved Mr. and Mrs. Lightle, it was just that I didn’t want to make all of this a big deal.

When the door opened, I forced out a smile when I saw Mrs. Lightle. She was like an older version of Lexi, and for a moment I actually thought that it was her until I realized her hair was too short.

“Oh, girls!” she smiled just like she always did. “It’s so great to see you again!”

“Hi, Mrs. Lightle,” I greeted, since I knew AJ wasn’t going to speak and Chelsea only waved. “We were just wondering if we could see Lexi.”

Mrs. Lightle nodded. “Oh, of course. I’ll go up and tell her that you guys are here to see her. I’ll be back in just a moment.”

She shut the door now, and the three of us waited. AJ continued to stand there silently while Chelsea and I rocked back and forth nervously. I noticed then that she wasn’t wearing her glasses, which confused me because she could barely see at all without them.

“Chelsea,” I blinked, looking her up and down to see if there were any more changes. “Why aren’t you wearing your glasses?”

She looked embarrassed. “Because of what that bitch said. I decided to get contacts.”

She definitely looked better in them, but I still felt bad that it was Aimee’s fault that she had changed her appearance. Well, as long as it made Chelsea feel better, I guessed that it was fine…

“I’m sorry, girls,” Mrs. Lightle told us with a frown plastered on her face once she came back to the door. “Lexi doesn’t want to see anyone right now, even you three. She’s really heartbroken and just wants to be left alone.”

My two friends and I looked at each other in worry, not knowing what we were supposed to do now. If Mrs. Lightle wouldn’t let us in, there was no way we’d be able to go inside. Lexi wouldn’t even pick up her phone, so there was no way that we’d be able to reach her that way.

“But,” Mrs. Lightle started slowly now, and I knew she was going to tell us something important. “The side of the house right under Lexi’s window is a pretty good ladder. She’s used it quite a lot to go sneak out to see that Bruce fellow.”

My friends and I looked at each other again, but this time we were smiling. I knew we could have counted on Mrs. Lightle to get us a way in without using the front door.

So Chelsea, Lexi, and I hurried away from the front door and to the side of the house, where we knew Lexi’s room was. Just like Mrs. Lightle had said, there was a line of stepping stones for us to take.

AJ went first, and I quickly climbed up after her. Chelsea was right under me, and I found this a lot more difficult than I thought it would be. I really didn’t think that I’d make it all the way to Lexi’s room.

And just like I thought, my arms and legs suddenly went out at the same time. I let out a shout, luckily not crushing Chelsea as I fell from the wall and back onto the ground. And before I even knew it, I was out cold.

When my eyes decided to open again, I could tell that much time hadn’t passed. Chelsea and AJ were standing right over me, but much to my surprise, so were Lexi and Jesse as well.

To make it even worse, both Chelsea and Jesse were laughing so hard that I thought they could have died from lack of oxygen. And I knew that if they didn’t, I would have killed them myself.

“That wasn’t funny,” I growled, rubbing at my throbbing head as both Jesse and Chelsea continued to laugh their stupid asses off. “I could have died!”

Chelsea still didn’t stop laughing. “Then it wouldn’t have been funny then!”

For some reason I didn’t really believe her. They both probably would have laughed even if I had died, even though this situation wasn’t funny in the slightest bit.

“What are you even doing here?” I snapped at Jesse now as I continued to rub at my head. “It’s like you just come out of nowhere or something.”

He only smirked. “I don’t live too far away from here.”

Oh, that was just great. Who even knew how close he had been whenever we were over at Lexi’s house? I honestly didn’t want to know. It would have just freaked me out even more.

“But anyway,” I sighed, turning toward my blonde friend whose house I had just fallen from. “Are you okay, Lexi? You haven’t talked to us in days. That’s not like you.”

She shrugged, and it looked like she was about to cry, but she didn’t. “I’ve been better.”

I knew that she had been wallowing away in her room. That was exactly what I had done, and we were best friends. We were a lot more alike than people thought. She might have been bubbly and bright while I was more dark and serious, but we were both the same when it came to the people we cared for.

“Are you sure you don’t have to go to the hospital?” Jesse asked after a few moments of silence, and what he had said surprised me greatly. I didn’t think that Jesse Jacobsen cared about what happened to me at all. “I mean… you fell from a building and everything. It wouldn’t be fun making fun of you and everything if you were dead or had brain damage.”

“I’m fine,” I assured, shaking my head a little and pushing myself up off the ground. “I’m probably just bruised, that’s all. It’s not a big deal.”

Jesse didn’t look like be believed me, which caused me to give him a look of my own. Why did this guy have to be so weird? It made me wonder how he was around other people. Was he always this weird?

“Well, how about we take you for ice cream, Lexi?” Chelsea offered, grabbing onto our friend’s arm and smiling brightly. “Maybe we can cheer both you and AJ up. She seriously hasn’t spoken all day.”

I looked over at AJ and frowned. She really hadn’t spoken all day.

“I guess I’ll see you later then, Emery,” Jesse smirked, cocking his head to the side as he took a step away from us. “Hopefully you won’t be almost dead the next time I see you.”

I said nothing as he turned and walked away. I hoped that I wouldn’t have to see him ever again, but I knew that that was never going to happen. It seemed like Jesse Jacobsen was always going to be there, lurking right behind me for the rest of my life.

And there was nothing I could do about it.

J~J~J~J~J~J~J~J~J~J~J~J~J~J~J~J~J~J~J~J~J~J~J~J~J~J~J~J~J~J~J~J~J~J~J~J~J~J~J~J~J~J

Jesse’s P.O.V.

It had been months since Hunter had caught me with Erica, and nothing had happened to me, even when I decided to go outside about a month after it had happened. It confused me greatly, and I didn’t know if Hunter had just given up on his revenge for me or he was planning something big.

Don’t get me wrong, I was still scared about what he was going to do. I wasn’t scared for me, but for the people I care about. Especially Jordan.

I still had to be careful, everywhere I went. I didn’t know if he was lurking behind or corner, or had someone lurking for him like he always did. But if I knew Hunter, if he was going to have me killed, he was going to kill me himself. That was the best form of revenge for him, I was sure.

I was just glad he didn’t know who Jordan was. If he did, he would have definitely used her against me. And I just couldn’t let that happen. Not to her.

As I was walking down a street of housing to go meet up with my friends downtown, I saw the strangest thing. At first, I thought that a house was getting robbed because I saw three people scaling the house, but as I got closer, I saw that they were girls. And when I got even closer, I noticed that those three girls were Jordan and two of her friends.

Those girls were literally the weirdest people I had ever met in my entire life.

And yet I was still in love with one of them.

When I heard a familiar shout, I looked up in horror to see Jordan falling right off of the wall, nearly missing her friend underneath her as she fell to the ground. Her other two friends stopped climbing, and I immediately ran over, not being able to control my own actions. Jordan was in danger, and that was all I could focus on at that moment.

“What are you doing here?” Chelsea asked me when she saw me, and I saw Lexi running out of her house as quickly as she could, looking just as freaked out as I was. Jordan was on the ground, her eyes closed. She was obviously knocked out.

Before I could answer Chelsea, Jordan’s eyes began to flutter open. And as she began to focus, I did what I always did. I forced out laughter, as if I enjoyed seeing her plummet to the earth. And much to my surprise, Chelsea started laughing as well.

Jordan definitely looked pissed, but I didn’t blame her. She could have died from that fall, and yet Chelsea and I were laughing at her. Not that this was even funny in the slightest…

“That wasn’t funny,” Jordan now growled as she rubbed at my throbbing head as I continued laughing, Chelsea doing the same as well. “I could have died!”

Chelsea still didn’t stop laughing, and neither did I, even though I wanted to. “Then it wouldn’t have been funny then!”

If she had died, I didn’t know what I would do. I didn’t want to have to think about what I’d have to do, because thinking about her dead made my stomach turn, and it also reminded me of Hunter. He could never know about her.

“What are you even doing here?” she spat at me now, still rubbing at her head. I couldn’t help but wonder how much it really hurt her. “It’s like you just come out of nowhere or something.”

I forced a smirk like I always did. “I don’t live too far away from here.”

She did not look pleased by that, but I didn’t really blame her. Even though I would have been happy to know that I lived near her, I knew that she would have been angry and mortified. She really wanted to be nowhere near me.

“But anyway,” Jordan continued, turning toward Lexi now. “Are you okay, Lexi? You haven’t talked to us in days. That’s not like you.”

The blonde shrugged, and I thought she was going to start crying. “I’ve been better.”

For some reason, she reminded me of how Jordan was when everything with Dallas was going on. That was such a long time ago, yet it felt like it had only been the day before. You remember a lot of things when it comes to the girl you’re in love with.

“Are you sure you don’t have to go to the hospital?” I blurted after silence had kicked in for a few moments. I bit the inside of my tongue, not believing what I had just said. I was supposed to act like I didn’t care! What I had asked obviously surprised Jordan, and I felt like slapping myself. “I mean… you fell from a building and everything. It wouldn’t be fun making fun of you and everything if you were dead or had brain damage.”

“I’m fine,” she shrugged as she finally got up from the ground and brushed herself off. “I’m probably just bruised, that’s all. It’s not a big deal.”

I wanted to believe it, but I didn’t know if I did. She fell from a building and had been knocked out. Was she really just bruised? I would have gone to the hospital just to be safe, but I knew Jordan Emery wasn’t going to do anything that I told her to do.

“Well, how about we take you for ice cream, Lexi?” Chelsea now offered to the blonde, looping her arm around hers and smiling happily. “Maybe we can cheer both you and AJ up. She seriously hasn’t spoken all day.”

I looked over at the other girl and realized that she was still there. She really hadn’t spoken at all, so I forgot that she was even there. Huh. I wonder what was bothering her. I hoped that it didn’t have anything to do with that bitchy redhead.

“I guess I’ll see you later then, Emery,” I now smirked toward her, cocking my head to the side as I took a step away from the four of them. “Hopefully you won’t be almost dead the next time I see you.”

She said nothing to me as I turned and walked away from them, but I wasn’t expecting her to. I knew that she was happy just to get rid of me, and I thought that I’d give her what she wanted, considering she nearly died just a few minutes before.

I almost forgot what I had been doing before I had seen her fall, but I quickly remembered soon enough. I had to go meet my friends, even though I was already late for it and they were probably going to give me a hard time. But it would have been worth it, just so I’d know that Jordan was okay.

I just hoped that she’d always be okay.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I said I was going to try to write during my family reunion, and I did. :D

One chaper left!

And this is the last Jesse's P.O.V. :)

Please COMMENT, VOTE, and FAN! <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.2K 66 18
**COMPANION TO MY LOST LOVE** Kendall Williams' life was perfect in everyone's eyes. She had a perfect boyfriend, she was on the dance and cheer team...
206K 6K 61
Josephine Pryce will do anything to get out of Lakeville even if it means simply tutoring her arch-nemesis Flynn Cauley. Except when it comes to him...
1.8K 99 44
"So what did you think of the assignment?" He persisted in getting an answer but Bailey had another conversation already in mind. "I noticed you loo...
293 5 13
Tanner Amorin, a 22 year old your typical jock bad boy who likes to bully and is big ass player. Apart from that, he has always topped in every fiel...