Silver Linings {A TVD Fanfic...

By xlaurynwritesx

Emmaline Flemming had an ordinary life. Well she thought it was ordinary, at least. Her mother died when she... More

Prologue
Part One
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
Part Two
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
Part Three
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53

30

882 28 0
By xlaurynwritesx

I sat in bed researching identical twins and it was possible for them to not be identical. Things like placement and chromosomes in girls made us different. It made sense but it didn't. It was actually a common thing, but I wasn't sure if that made me a doppelgänger. Katherine must've thought I had an even different reason as to why I was important.

I got up and went into the kitchen to get food. "Okay. Yeah." Dad said before hanging up the phone. "Isobel. She's back." He said looking to me as I looked at him and took a deep breath. "She saw Jenna last night. I'm gonna go try and talk to Jenna. She's been through so much."

"Uh, yeah." I nodded trying to process. I did just wake up. "Good luck with everything."

He left and I did some drawing. I drew another eye. This time it was a person trying to escape.

I heard my phone buzz and I noticed that Elena was calling me. "Hey you okay?" I asked as I stood up.

"Yeah. John invited Isobel in and she wants to talk to us."

"He did- stupid. I don't want to." I replied agitated.

"Well she won't take no for an answer. Please." She asked as I sighed. "And if it makes you feel any better your dad may have punched John in the face."

"Yeah that does make me feel pretty good." I chuckled. "Fine I'll be there in ten." I hung up and headed outside.

I got to Elena's house and Stefan opened the door agitated. He wasn't too sure about this either. "Okay they're both here. Now what do you want?" Stefan asked as he went over to stand next to Elena and I stood on her other side.

"Since last time I was here I've been doing everything I can to find Klaus. We knew our best chance was to find him before he got to you two." Isobel explained as she looked to me and I rolled my eyes looking away. Elena was pacing angrily.

"Best chance of what?" Stefan asked sitting on the kitchen counter.

"Keeping Elena and Emma alive." John replied sitting at the same table Isobel was.

"You don't get to talk. Not after everything you've done." Elena shook her head.

He looked to me wondering my reaction. "I mean people I care about- we care about were put through crap because of you. Some even almost died because of you." I crossed my arms.

"Did you find Klaus?" Stefan asked with a sigh.

"No no one knows where he is. But there are rumors going around that a doppelgänger exists. That means all sorts of vampires that are trying to get close to Klaus will come after the rumor."

"You said a doppelgänger. So what's the deal with me?" I asked confused.

"Emmie you must have some magical purpose. It must be nature trying to find a way to do something." Isobel explained. "The least amount of people that know both of you the better." She nodded.

"How are we supposed to know that you're saying is the truth?" Elena asked looking at John then Isobel. "The last time you saw us you said you didn't give a damn about either of us. Now all the sudden you do and we are supposed to believe it?" Elena shrugged with a fake smile.

"Isobel's been helping all along." John said looking to Elena as we both rolled our eyes. "Klaus has been obsessed with finding Katherine for centuries. All it would take is one of those 1864 tomb vampires to say that she wasn't in there to lead Klaus back to the town she was supposed to burn. You'll surely be found by then." John replied. "That's why we killed them all."

"And almost Stefan and Damon in the process." Elena replied motioning to Stefan.

"I have a safe house I can take you to. The deed is in Emma's name. No vampires can get in, not without your okay. Not even me." Isobel said getting up and turning to me. "Let me help you." She pleaded.

I looked to Elena and shook my head. "If you want to help then just get the hell out of my house." Elena spat looking at her. I looked down blankly.

"If that's what you both want, that's what I'll do." She nodded and stood up. "But know that my offer still stands." She walked out and I looked to Elena.

"We should go tell Damon about everything." Stefan said as I nodded.

Elena drove and we went into the house. "What happened this time?" Damon sighed as he jumped onto the couch laying down then crossing his legs.

"I'm sure you've heard Isobel's back." I sat down by his feet angrily. "Which can only mean trouble."

"She says that words gotten out about a doppelgänger. Do you guys think it's true?" Elena asked curiously sitting at the edge of the couch.

"Look I don't trust a word she says but I think we'd be stupid to ignore the warning." Stefan replied as I nodded.

"Do you think whatever is going with me means we have an advantage?" I asked crossing my arms.

"Not if we don't know what it is." Stefan shook his head. He was right, whatever was up with me, we couldn't do anything until we knew what it was.

"I think both of you should just stay here so we can keep a better eye on you." Damon smiled lightly.

"In the house where vampires can enter freely? No. They'd be much safer at their homes." Stefan replied.

"Fine then." Damon shrugged.

"Should we stay together?" Elena asked curiously.

"I think it'd be better if you both were in different places. He probably is the one who knows why you are important Emma." Stefan nodded. It made since. I knew no one would say it but if we were apart only one of us would be taken and if we were together it could risk both of us.

"So we stay home and you two never let us out of your sight?" Elena asked with a sigh.

"Well as soon as you come up with a better plan, let me know." Damon replied as she rolled her eyes. I smiled lightly.

"Fine. Then one of you two bodyguards is gonna have to come with me to the Lockwood luncheon." Elena said looking between the two.

"That'd be me." Stefan smiled cutely to her. They were a wonder couple.

"The other one can drive me home." I smiled lightly to Damon.

"The other one." He asked disgusted. "This doesn't mean I'm your chauffeur. I have things to do." Damon replied furrowing his brows.

"Ugh fine." I sighed. "But if I get kidnapped by an evil vampire trying to kill me, it'll be your fault." I replied crossing my arms.

"Kidnapped in plain sight? I doubt it. I have plans to attend to with Bonnie." He replied.

"Does that mean that you're taking her to the-" Elena started as Damon put his finger over his lips.

"Please don't get quiet on my account." Katherine said walking in. It was weird seeing her and Elena together. Weirder then us. I wanted her to leave.

"If you have a plan to compare the impending vampire doom, please do tell." Katherine said leaning forward on the chair. "Seriously. What are you planning on doing to get us out of this mess huh? I delivered you the moonstone, a werewolf, and the dagger to kill Klaus, and right now all you have is a moonstone." She pursed her lips. "At least that's what you're telling me."

"No we have it." Damon replied matter of factly.

"Where?" Katherine asked curiously.

"It's in a very safe place." He shook his head lightly.

"I've been honest with you. Time for you to return the favor." Katherine replied.

"Maybe if you weren't so malicious it'd be easier to trust you with things." I replied not even bothering to turn around. Damon let out a soft scoffed chuckle. 

"Look I'll be honest." Damon sighed looking to her. "You should be grateful that we haven't set you on fire in your sleep for trust."

"Fine. Be that way. But I'm not the only bitchy one in the room." She said as I heard her walking away.

"Well with that I'd like to go home and watch some tv." I sighed standing up. I looked at Damon wondering if he'd give me a ride. He rolled his eyes looking away. "I'll see you later. Good luck with the fancy lunch thing." I smiled to Elena before walking out.

I walked towards my house when I saw Isobel walk towards me. "I don't want to talk." I said as I kept walking.

"Good. I was hoping to make this quick." She replied as she put a towel over my mouth. I struggled to get from her grip but she held on tight. Soon I was asleep.

I woke up and I was in the front seat of a car. I tried to move my arms but they were tied down. I looked to my left to see my mom sitting in the front seat driving.

"You're awake. Just in time too we are almost there." She replied as I looked at her confused.

"Almost where?" I asked trying to get out.

"Look around. You'll recognize it soon enough." She replied as I looked around.

"Why am I tied up?" I asked as I scanned the area. "Did you chloroform me?" I asked confused.

"Because I knew you'd fight the restraints." She replied with no emotion whatsoever. "And yes." Damn. I watched enough investigation discovery to know how to make someone pass out but I never believed it'd be used on me.

I started to notice where we were. We went into a cemetery. It was the cemetery that they put her empty grave in.

"Why here?" I asked confused.

"Emma." I heard a grumble from the backseat. I turned to see Elena. "What are you going to do with us?" Elena asked worried.

"I just want to show you something." She replied. "We're here." She said as she parked and unbuckled.

She got out of the car and one of her minions came out to get me out.

"What if I don't want to?" I asked looking at her.

"Then I'll force you to." She replied with a shrug.

"Why are you even doing this?" I asked angrily as the man untied me and I got out of the car and he guided me to my mom.

"You betrayed Katherine to get us here. Were you compelled?" Elena asked as we started walking and the guy drove the car away.

"If I was, I couldn't tell you." Mom responded as I looked over surprised. I wondered how Elena got here.

"So you did find Klaus didn't you?" Elena asked as we walked towards her grave. I already knew where I was going. "He knows where we are. Your taking us to him aren't you?" Elena asked but she didn't reply.

"She's taking us to her grave." I replied looking to Elena as I stopped walking. She looked down at the grave and I looked away.

I already knew what it said.

In Loving Memory of
Isobel Flemming
Jan. 18 1978- May 4, 2007

"My parents, your grandparents, put this up when they gave up on finding me. They visit every week and bring flowers even though no ones buried here. The Isobel they knew is dead, and maybe a part of me is dead too. The part of me that I left behind when I- when I choose to become a vampire and leave. I left the part of me that dreamed to raise my daughter with my husband and find a way to get my other daughter back." She said as Elena and I looked at her confused.

"What?" Elena asked surprised.

"And instead you got to meet the other part. The part that would betray her own flesh and blood." She said as her phone rang. "Yes." She responded as I looked at the grave. "Let them go?" She said as Elena and I looked to each other and then back to her. "I'm done?" She asked with a smile.

"Done with what?" I asked confused as she hung up with a happy sigh.

"Who was that?" Elena added.

"Emma I'm so sorry that I left you clueless. You didn't deserve it." She sighed. "And Elena I never should have left you to begin with. I didn't want to disappoint either of you." She said and I wanted to smile. She seemed genuine. She actually meant it, I could see it in her face.

"Why are you telling us this now?" I asked looking to her confused.

"Because this is it." She replied as she grabbed her necklace and tore it off. She threw it on the ground and yelled as she started burning.

"Mom!" I said as I looked at her. "No!" I yelled as she fell down up in flames. I tried to pat her but I just ended up burning my hand. She screamed in agony and then she just stopped, but the flames kept going. "Oh- oh- I- oh my god." I fell down and Elena put her hand on my shoulder. "No don't." I shook her off. "No." I breathed as I looked at my mom slowly burning.

I sat there holding my knees, looking at her. I didn't say anything, I didn't move, I just looked. I didn't know what to do. I didn't want to cry and I didn't want to be sad about it, but after all that she was my mom and I had to lose her twice.

I sat there for a while tuning everything out. "Emma." I heard faintly. "Emmie." I heard clearer as I looked up and saw Damon. "Come on. Let's go." I looked back at my mom. "Don't look. Just come." He said as he bent down in between me and her.

He held his hand out and I took it. He helped me up and put his hand on my back guiding me to the car. I sat and eventually I was at his house. I think I heard something about my dad not answering his phone. Since they weren't sure if he was home they wanted me to stay with them.

I looked out the window quietly with no expression. I got to their house and Damon helped me upstairs to a bedroom. "Emma. Are you okay?" He asked looking at me as I blinked looking up to him.

"What did I do?" I asked quietly. He looked at me confused. "I didn't- why does the worst always happen to me?" I asked with more of a whimper as I stood there. I shook my head and breathed shakily. "I mean I've been trying to be good. To take care of things. Be a good person so the bad things would stop, but they never- they never stop." I said as tears started to fall. "I lose everything I love, everything that I depend on and want. It just slips away and I can't do anything about it." I wiped my face.

"I wish I could say it would get better." He said looking at me before sighing. I rolled my eyes and took a step away. He grabbed my arm and I stopped. "Hey. I meant to say that it's the same with me. No matter how hard I try I never see the good in things. I draw bad things too." He responded as I looked up at him.

"Does that make us drawn to each other or something? The two understated siblings." I asked.

"Maybe." He nodded lightly. "Get some sleep." Damon said looking down at me as he put his hand on my cheek, wiping the tears. "You need it."

I sighed as I nodded. I walked over to the bed and got in it. "I don't think you'll always be prone to bad things, but if you are I'm glad one is me."

"I'm glad one is you too." I replied as I laid looking away from the door. He turned off the light and closed the door. I cried until I was eventually asleep.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.5K 305 47
Based on season One of TVD... Four months after the tragic car accident that killed their parents, 17-year-old Elena and Ellie Gilbert and their 15-y...
982K 18.2K 25
In a small town called mystic falls Nina Gilbert , her twin brother Jeremy and her older sister Elena are grieving over the loss of their parents. No...
3K 60 17
Veronica Saltzman had never given any thought about how she would die. How her whole life changed the day her mother went missing. Her life was perf...
19K 484 43
Emma has had one hell of a ride - from finding out who she truly was, becoming a vampire, and sadly, loosing her dad. Now she's decided to leave ever...