Royal Soulmates

By ElizabethAnneBlacke

The Princess who is also next in line for the throne, finally is twenty and she has to marry before her twent... More

1: Get Hitched or Lose the Throne
2: A Daring Escape
3: Going Back Eight Years
5: Our Song
6: Masked Stranger
7: A Decision is Made
8: Slip of Paper
9: Two Choices & Ten Days
10: Royal Drama & A Dead Phone
11: Little Time to Grow Love
12: Gown Fit for A Princess
13: Best Man is Always Tardy
14: Finding the Right Girl
15: Already Found The One...Twice
16: Family Jewels
17: Strip Poker & The Hot Tub
18: A Spider Part One & Part Two
19: Wedding Plans
20: An Annoying Waitress
21: A Bachelorette Party
22: A Wedding Rehearsal Dinner
23: A Royal Wedding
24: Truth, Lies & A Runaway
25: Soul Mate from Diapers to Death
Epilogue: Royal Soul Mates Finally

4: The Royal Ball Begins

1.8K 33 9
By ElizabethAnneBlacke

Chapter 4

My palms were sweating as I straightened my gown in preparation for what was to come. I stood up, walked to the doors, and stood in front of them. I rapped lightly on the door and within seconds, a trumpet sounded. The doors opened to reveal over a hundred guests in a lavishly decorated ballroom. A voice from the bottom of the stairs announced my full name.

"Presenting, Anne Elizabeth Marie Windsor, the royal princess of England and heir to the throne."

After my lovely presentation, I had to make a speech welcoming everyone and stating the rules. This shall be quite fun especially since I absolutely detest giving speeches.

I, welcome, each and every one of you to my ball, where I shall choose one of you to be my fiancé and partner in ruling the throne. The rules state that you shall have three nights and two days to impress me and win my favor. On the end of the third night, I shall make my decision, but then you must make me fall in love with you. Let the festivities begin."

Someone else wrote my lovely speech and it quite shocked me that they will have to make me fall in love with them still after the ball. I descended the stairs after my spiel and managed to do so without tripping, walking on my gown, or cussing.

As I looked around I thought about how I am like a brand new toy and all these eligible bachelors are like dogs, hoping to get the toy but knowing only one can have me. 

When I had reached the bottom of the stairs, my father was there to begin the dancing with me. He took my arm and led me to the dance floor. He twirled me around like a little girl as the band played and everyone else swayed along to the music. Finally, the first song ended and someone else stepped in for the second dance. The night continued like that me being handed from guy to guy for each dance. 

The last dance of the night was with a handsome Egyptian royal. His name was Alexander; he had black hair, and was only a little taller than me. I liked him a lot. He was shy and quiet but he had a certain respect for women that most men do not have. I liked him but I could not love him and I knew that now. 

I did see our life flash before my eyes; we could marry, and have the throne. Then eventually a few gorgeous black haired children. However, our life together might not be a particularly happy one but it would be done right and if he could accept that I could never love him then I would try to be the best wife for him.

The music ending snapped me out of those horrendous thoughts.

"Princess, I was wondering if I might have the last dance tomorrow night." Alex asked me rather politely.

"Yes, of course Alex," I replied just as politely. Either way I would have to dance with someone so why not this nice, handsome man.

"Well, thank you for doing me the honor of dancing with me."

"No, thank you.”

"It has been my pleasure your highness."

"Please, call me Anne."

"Okay, your---Anne, shall I see you tomorrow at the brunch, before the festivities?"

"Most definitely."

"Okay until then Anne, sleep well." Alex said before kissing my hand.

Right after Alex had escorted me to a nearby bench to sit down, Sarah came right over. She allow without female royals had to come to the ball to dance with the bachelors when I was not dancing with them.

"ANNE, who was that gorgeous stud that you dancing with and just walked away with his handsome rear end?" Sarah asked rather loudly.

"Alexander of Egypt."

"Oo, I liked him for you."

"As did I." I replied.

"Oo, you liked him!"

"Yes, liked not loved."

"Oh but like can turn into love like that." Sarah said snapping her fingers.

"Maybe, maybe not, we shall see. I must being going to bed for the early brunch."

"Okay, goodnight I shall see you for the festivities am I right?" Sarah asked.

"Yes of course, Princess Duties never wait for the princess, farewell."

"Fare thee well."

I returned my room and began the long undressing process, and finally an hour later. I was clean and in my shorts and t-shirt ready for bed. 

That night I did not dream of Peter. I did not dream at all, I guess I have Alex to thank for that. I awoke last; I have finally slept through the night. I got dressed in a hurry otherwise I would be late for the brunch taking place at eleven and it was already quarter after nine.

My dress for the brunch was laid out by one of the maids; it was a bright yellow Jessica Simpson dress. The dress fit perfectly and flowed to right above my knees. It was paired with a white sweater, diamond earrings, and light yellow wedge heeled shoes. 

I was walking down the staircase at exactly eleven. In the huge dining hall, I took my place near Sarah and oddly enough on my other side was Alex. Almost like Sarah had hunted down Alex and told him where I would sit and saved my seat. 

"Good morning, Anne," Alexander whispered.

Everyone was shooting jealous glares for him getting the chance to sit next to me during brunch. 

"Good morning Alexander," I replied. 

"Did you sleep well my princess and please stop calling me Alexander, Alex is perfectly fine" Alexander asked me.

"Yes, I slept better than ever. Fine, then stop calling me your princess." I said giggling in reply.

"But what if you are my princess?"

"If you still want that last dance tonight I'm not."

"As you wish Anne."

"Good now let's eat before I died of starvation, I am famished."

Breakfast was buffet style today, so everyone was able to eat exactly what they liked. I loaded my plate with a little of everything, pancakes, waffles, eggs, muffins, crepes, fruit, pastries, and even more. When I sat back down, my mother was shooting glares at me. 

My mother was staring at my plate then. I finally realized what her issue was when I looked at Sarah's plate in comparison to mine. She had just one egg and some fruit, not even toast. I guess to some it looked like I was a pig, but my metabolism was fast so I ate whenever, whatever and in whatever amount I wanted to.

"Don't worry; I like a girl with a big appetite." Alex said to me, in a comforting way.

"Well, good because I am that kind of girl."

I ate my breakfast quickly but using my manners. After breakfast was the festivities, first was archery. At the archery range, I watched Alex closely. He had great form and an eye for the target. He nailed the bull’s eye on the target in the first two tries. Throughout the day many games were played. Alex managed to excel at many. Finally, it was time to get ready for night two of the ball.

I walked back to my room to meet Caroline. She would get me in my gown, apply make-up, style my hair, and dress me in my jewels, with the tiara being my finishing touch. 

I descended the ballroom stairs without being presented, thank goodness and danced the night away. Finally, the last dance and Alex came to whisk me away literally from my last dance partner with very sweaty hands. Who either perspired a lot or was nervous, I was not quite sure. 

When the song started, I realized it was the same song from yesterday that they played when Alex and I danced. I noticed Sarah walking away from where the band was playing and I had an odd feeling it was her doing. Somewhat sweet on her part, this had become our song now I guess. 

I looked up to see Alex smiling; he must have been thinking the same thing. It felt weird to be sharing a secret with another guy after so long. I am coming to realize I was young and naive when I dated Peter. I might just be able to marry Alex without having a break down. I smiled at that thought and looked up to see Alex just smiling while I danced in his arms. 

"You, know Anne, you look gorgeous in that gown. It makes you look young, pure almost angel like," Alex whispered in my ear. 

"Thank you, do not make me blush more, my face is already brighter than a tomato."

"I think it's cute."

"Thanks but others might get the wrong idea about what you’re saying, if you know what I mean."

"Yes, but you and I know everything I say is innocent so what's the all of sudden concern with what others think or say?"

"Hmm, I do not know, I usually never care, so continue on with making me blush. Oh and by the way you look quite handsome in that tuxedo."

"You make me blush, but I look like dirt in comparison to you." Alex whispered in my ear.

"Yeah, right you just said that to see me blush." I whispered back.

"Well of course."

"The last song is coming to a close, so I shall say goodnight to you," Alex said kissing my hand before walking away.

Alex is such a gentleman. That night I floated back to my room on a cloud filled with thoughts of Alex. I awoke to a sharp knock at the door. I opened it to reveal...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

742K 15.1K 30
To a person one of the most important day of their life is their wedding day, the day they tie their lives for eternity with a person they love. Ashl...
12.5K 222 44
Every person wishes to have love as the foundation of marriage. But it was not the same with Fiona and Justin. Their wedding was the result of their...
37.9K 1.2K 22
Book1 Marrying my Bossโœ… Book2 His Amaryllis โœ… Dila had to move on, She never forgot what happened, she tried but he only pushed her away. She had he...
53.8K 1.6K 57
What happens when you have the wrong impression about someone. Like judging a book by its cover. What happens when you when you think you are in love...