5: Our Song

Chapter 5

I opened the door to reveal a bouquet of gorgeous white roses. I thanked the servant after they set the flowers down on my vanity table. I proceeded to search flowers for a card and I found it near the bottom of the vase. Upon finding the card, I opened the envelope to this typed note:

My Dearest Anne,

These flowers resemble you in your angelic purity and youth

But are not even half as pretty as you

Join me for a walk in the garden today around noon.

Your acceptance will be your presence.

Forever Yours,

Alexander P. Fortunato

That is so sweet of Alex to send me flowers, and a wonderful note. I would most definitely join him but it was little unnecessary for him to send flowers, a simple hand written note would have done just fine. I got dressed in jeans, and a white t-shirt and flats for my walk later. First, was to go down and eat breakfast. When I got downstairs for breakfast, I was surprised to see I had a guest, Alex.

I was so glad, that I did not come down in my pajamas as I had originally planned to and then go shower and change. Alexander stood and pulled out the chair for me across from him at our dining room table that seat thirty people.

“Good morning Alexander, I said sweetly.

“Good morning Anne, how did you sleep?” Alexander asked.

“Great and yourself?”

“Just wonderful.”

"Oh and thank you for the roses you could have just asked me to go for a walk.”

“Okay, Anne, will you go for a walk with me?” Alex asked me.

“It would be my pleasure, and I did love the flowers, not to be ungrateful.”

We ate breakfast quickly eating blueberry muffins, pancakes, bacon, and orange juice. After breakfast, we went out the patio doors connecting to the dining room into the garden. The garden was alive with life of all kinds, butterflies flew to and from flowers, while insects crawled in the grass and birds sang.

“Wow, this is a gorgeous view, Anne.”

“Thank you, we take great care of our gardens.”

“Don’t get me wrong it’s nothing compared to you,” Alex said while looking at me.

“Oh, thank you,” I replied blushing redder then a ladybug crawling nearby.

Alex was really sweet and considerate. He just held me hand as we walked along through the gardens. We came to the tennis courts eventually and saw Sarah playing another one of her friend’s in an intense tennis match. She looked like she was having a fun time. Our property was so big and hardly used I told her to just use our tennis court whenever she wanted to play.

“Who are they?” Alex asked pointing to Sarah and her friend.  

“That is Sarah, my best friend, and that is one of Sarah’s friends, I am not sure what her name is,” I answered Alex’s question, pointing first to Sarah then to her friend.

Sarah happened to look up when I pointed and she was waving right when her friend served a mean serve up. Sarah has a short attention span I have learned but it makes her that much more interesting, she is like a dog playing ball and you pretend to throw the ball but really hid it behind your back. The dog still runs off looking for it and comes back confused when they find it and then you take it out from behind your back and they are happy again, and so the cycle continues until the dog learns.