HIS FAVORITE GINGER ✓

By YORUBOY

When Alejandro Bale, an ill-tempered, over-pampered, dagger-tongued and angst-stricken rich boy transfers to... More

DISCLAIMER.
CAST.
EPIGRAPH.
ONE.
TWO.
THREE.
FOUR.
FIVE.
SIX.
SEVEN.
ALEJANDRO.
EIGHT.
NINE.
TEN.
ELEVEN.
GRAYSON.
TWELVE.
THIRTEEN.
FOURTEEN.
NOLAN.
FIFTEEN.
SIXTEEN.
SEVENTEEN.
KARA.
EIGHTEEN.
NINETEEN.
TWENTY.
LAYLA.
TWENTY-ONE.
TWENTY-TWO
TWENTY-THREE.
DAMIEN.
TWENTY-FOUR.
TWENTY-FIVE.
TWENTY-SIX.
TATUM
TWENTY-SEVEN.
TWENTY-EIGHT.
TWENTY-NINE.
THIRTY.
MONTGOMERY
THIRTY-ONE.
THIRTY-TWO.
THIRTY-THREE.
THIRTY-FOUR.
THIRTY-FIVE.
INTERMISSION.
THIRTY-SIX.
THIRTY-SEVEN.
THIRTY-EIGHT.
FORTY.
FORTY-ONE.
FORTY-TWO.
FORTY-THREE.
FORTY-FOUR.
FORTY-FIVE.
FORTY-SIX.
PLAYLIST.
EPILOGUE.
xiii • final note

THIRTY-NINE.

2K 166 115
By YORUBOY

...can't stand it but I still love you...

¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶

Grayson

Ha! I woke up before 8 on a Saturday. World record.

Stretching my sore arms and wiggling my toes, I sat up and let out another yawn. I withdrew my phone from beneath my pillow and checked my notifications which was full of well-wishing texts on the game.

Blah, blah, blah, I scrolled to kingdom come, nothing reasonable.

I leapt out of the bed clothed in boxers alone and pranced towards the door. I've almost stepped out when waves of an animalistic sound hit me. I spun on my heels just to realize who the animal was and I shook my head with a smile on my face.

I almost forgot I was sharing this room. My own room had been ready since a long time but still it hadn't gotten awkward between us and we never talked about it.

Alejandro was sleeping face-down on the pillow while sorta kneeling on the bed, his butt sticking out in an awkward way. His hair-that reminded me of cantaloupe flesh-was all over his face and a little drool seeped through the corner of his vermilion lips. His snores were loud enough to quake the whole house and his chest rose and fell in perfect sync.

For him to sleep in this manner, he must've had a very rough yesterday. That explains his wildness when I wanted to act like a gentleman and carry him upstairs to his room. He had always been a bipolar bitch so I was neither surprised nor angry. Still, I've learnt my lesson never to bother a purple-belt.

A lightbulb went on in my head and I sped straight to the kitchen. With Camilla Cabello's Havana on my tongue, I danced throughout the thirty minutes of making the banana tea and frying the eggs and preparing the bacon and toasting the bread.

I balanced the tray on the tip of my three fingers expertly; skills acquired from working as a waiter. Mimicking the Black Butler, I stood straight before his bed and put on a serious comical face before it fell in realization.

I'm really bothering a wild purple-belt. Swallowing hard, I mustered up all my courage in tapping him awake. He didn't move at first and was frozen like a corpse till I had no choice but to slap him, across the cheek, gently.

He groaned lazily and stretched his eyelids open. At first he was shocked on seeing my hands filled with steaming, refreshing breakfast goals-if I do say so myself-then suddenly his face contorted into a scowl and brushed me out of the way.

It was a divine miracle that the meal didn't keel over out of my hands because things would have been real ugly. Firstly, all my efforts would've gone to waste. Secondly, his bedsheets would have been ruined-the last thing I ever want right now.

What is wrong with him? What did I do?

Sighing loudly, I massaged my temples with the heel of my palm and stood on that spot for a while.

Spongebob's dolphin-like cackle echoed from the gigantic plasma TV. Alejandro was sitting on the couch with a dense black look ingrained onto his visage and as expected, didn't even acknowledge me as I passed the sitting room to the kitchen.

Pouting, I dropped the tray on the counter loud enough to sound out of the enormous kitchen and into the sitting room, hoping Alejandro would at least notice me. I peeked out of the door but he didn't even budge.

I deliberately walked past the couch where he sat while slapping my flip-flops on the floor noisily and pretended to check out the model scimitar hung over the far wall. Then I did another round again, and again, and again, and again.

Now I know how it feels like to be a ghost.

Defeated, I decided to take a shower. Then it was time to pack. I hate packing! Who doesn't hate packing? I threw in my ultra-neat jersey, few clothes, boxers, singlets, toothbrush, cash and some other shit into my bag

I wiped a bead of sweat from merely packing and almost immediately, my phone rang from where it laid idly on the bed.

"Hello?"

"We are at your door, let us in."

"Who the fuck are you?"

"Excuse me?"

"Yeah, excuse you. Who are you?"

There was silence on the other side of the line and I hung up angrily.

"Fucking stupid stupid prank calls and fucking-" My jaw went slack upon seeing the caller. I didn't even check from the beginning.

"Shit." I sighed, slamming my head on the bed before dashing out of the room.

I came to an halt beside Alejandro's frozen figure on the couch. He still hasn't moved an inch from that position. And worse, the entire tray of the food he rejected earlier was before him while he consumed it like an hungry hyena.

"Hey, that's mi-"

He glared daggers-no, axes and swords at me and the intensity was enough to keep my mouth shut. I eyed him nastily before bolting towards the door to attend to the incessant knocking. It was no surprise that Alejandro had been there the whole time and ignored them.

"Heyyy!" I drawled, opening my hands wide to usher Damien and Montgomery in.

"Didn't you save my number?" Damien rolled his eyes and entered with Montgomery.

"Yeah, let's forget about that." I closed the door and turned to find the couch empty. "Give me a minute."

"Yeah, be quick. The bus is outside." Montgomery absentmindedly said as he rushed towards Spongebob.

I entered our room cautiously like sneaking into a lion's den. Alejandro had a towel wrapped around his waist while he browsed his drawers.

"Al." I called but got no reply. "I'll be going to California now."

"Go to hell and bring souvenirs."

I was taken aback by the magnitude of venom in his voice. At least, I got him to talk.

"Alejandro, what's wrong?" I was tired of him giving me the cold shoulder. I was desperate to know what I did wrong.

He turned to me with his face red due to reasons I was clueless about.

"You wanna know?" He menacingly inched towards me but I stood firmly on my ground.

"Yes."

"You really want to know?"

"Yes! Please." I begged.

"Then answer this question." He inched closer. "What's in Montgomery and not in me?"

A demon of silence jinxed the entire room for a whole minute as my brain processed what he just said.

"Excuse me?"

"No, fuck you Grayson, fuck you." He cried out as he shoved me but this time, I didn't fall. I didn't even move because my mind was struggling to absorb what he just said.

Does he think I want to have anything to do with him? Who in the sixty-seven moons of Jupiter does he think he is? Has he forgotten we are stepbrothers? Does he not realize how filthy that sounds?

I wasn't able to ask these questions because he resumed screaming at me.

". . .I poured my soul out to you Grayson and all you did was to act like I didn't exist, like it didn't hurt. I've been expecting you to say something about it since then but no, you didn't. The next thing you on your mind is to fuck everybody in the school. Or do you think I'm unaware of the many times you and Montgomery shamelessly blow each other in the janitor's closet-"

"Hold it there, I've had enough of this bullshit. Alejandro, have you gone insane?"

"No, you're the insane one here. You're not only insane but selfish."

"No no no, there's a misunderstanding here." I shook my head with a quivering smile on my face. "You're calling me selfish now?"

I've never seen his face so fiercely cantankerous but I was boiling even more.

"You expect me to get on my knees and lick your feet just because you like me? You expect me not to touch anyone how I like just because you have some goddamned feeling for me. No, you are insane. Selfish and insane. You have the perfect life, the perfect family and now you wanna have me. You think you can just buy your way to my heart the way you bought everything else in your life-"

"Get out." He seethed, gritting his teeth and pointed to the door, his eyes glaring scorching shards of ice and his body afire with frosty flames.

I was too mad to think about retorting as I grabbed my bag from my bed but his next statement drove me to a sharp halt.

"I wish I left you then to kill yourself."

The boiling blood in my veins ran cold and my fingers dug deeply into my palms till I almost bled. That very moment, I despised Alejandro Bale. I despised his arrogance, his vanity, the way he thinks he can get anything in the world with just a snap of his fingers. Every fibre in my body anathematized his existence. I wanted to murder him.

I glanced at him over my shoulder and eyed his figure. His face had softened the slightest in realization of what he had just said.

"You're despicable." I spat with so much acrimony I've never mustered in my life.

I stomped out of the room and out of the mansion. The anger and hatred sweltering my blood was enough to give me an aneurysm and as if I wasn't choleric enough, I got a text from the devil himself during the bus ride and guess what it said,

"i hate you too"

Hollow-minded, I flung my phone out of the window of the moving bus and bowed my head to sleep.

•°°•°°•°•°°•°•°°•°•°°•°•°•°°•°•°•°°•°•°•°°•°•

Now I'm the one having an aneurysm from all these garbage drama. Who's gonna leave a vote to make me feel better? 🤒😿

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

80.6K 6K 29
"When I first saw you, I thought I'd have to kill you." "Uh, excuse me?" "But now I'll kill anyone that even thinks of laying a finger on you," he s...
215K 4.2K 12
"We've been best friends for fourteen years. Did you really think I wouldn't notice? I can see it... in your eyes. Your smile never reaches your eyes...
1.4M 58.9K 62
Ethan Hales always knew that he liked boys, but he soon discovered that he couldn't do anything about it. So he accepted that his life was destined t...
6M 147K 12
[THIS IS A SAMPLE] Read the full story on Radish fiction. The link is in my Wattpad Bio. ---- Alexander isn't your typical nerd. He'll say what he wa...