Expectations and Reality

By nusiee__

[FEATURED BY WATTPAD] Crushed heart solidified to a brutal and heartless rogue. She feared him not because o... More

EXPECTATIONS AND REALITY
Chapter 1 | MEMORIES
Chapter 2 | REJECTION
Chapter 3 | FLEETING HOPES
Chapter 4 | ISN'T THIS BIZARRE?
Chapter 5 | AGONISING EUPHORIA
Chapter 6 | STRUCK IN BETWEEN DILEMMA
Chapter 7 | FRIENDS?
Chapter 8 | YOU GOT MY BACK KID!
Chapter 9 | IS THERE A CHANCE AHEAD FOR US?
Chapter 10 | WILL THERE EVER BE A FLUFF?
Chapter 12 | IT'S HARD TO TAKE ALL AT ONCE
Chapter 13 | SEALED
Chapter 14 | JUNGLE? STRANGE!
Chapter 15 | ACCEPTING REALITY
Chapter 16 | PROUD ENOUGH! HUNH?
Chapter 17 | GROWING
Chapter 18 | SOLEMNISATION
Chapter 19 | TANGLED THOUGHTS
Chapter 20 | MEETING 'HIS' FAMILY
Chapter 21 | LIVING WITH TORTURE
Chapter 22 | LEAKAGE
Chapter 23 | HONEYMOON?
Chapter 24 | APOLOGY?
Chapter 25 | PUZZLED
Chapter 26 | MOVING ON
Chapter 27 | ENTWINED BIPOLAR
Chapter 28 | NIGHTMARES
Chapter 29 | STEP!
Chapter 30 | GONE, SHE IS
Chapter 31 | DARED
Chapter 32 | SMILES
Chapter 33 | THE SHADED PAST OF AMRAH
Chapter 34 | ARE YOU THE ONE?
Chapter 35 | A GLIMPSE AT HIS PAST
Chapter 36 | FAMILY LOVE
Chapter 37 | HIS PHOBIA
Chapter 38 | DREADED MOMENTS
Chapter 39 | IT ISN'T A MACABRE TALE
Chapter 40 | SPOUSE?
Chapter 41 | SHE'S IN TOWN
Chapter 42 | DEPRESSED
Chapter 43 | DEVOTION: A TALE OF SORROW
Chapter 44 | WHISPERS OF THE HEART
Chapter 45 | WEDDING BELLS
Chapter 46 | WHITE EXALTS PURITY
Chapter 47 | HIDDEN SCARS
Chapter 48 | UNRAVELLING
Chapter 49 | ENDANGERED
Chapter 50 | BONDING
Chapter 51 | DELUDED
Chapter 52 | HOLDING ON
EPILOGUE
AUTHOR'S NOTE

Chapter 11 | CARDIAC ATTACK

257 27 0
By nusiee__

You are not a drop in the ocean. You're the entire ocean, in a drop.

Rumi

☆☆☆

Ms Amrah sat calmly on the reclining chair in the waiting area of the hospital. Physically she was calm but emotionally she was cracking in fear and anxiety. She's been in the waiting area for the hour twenty minutes but not even a single nurse came out to inform her about the situation at hand. And that alone was enough to make her panic.

All she was able to do was recite any du'a that came to her mind. That was all she could do in other to help Lina recover. She couldn't do anything more than that and that was what she needed the most at that time, prayer.

Even though Ms Amrah was feeling all numb and frazzled, she managed to cross the section to the female's restroom. She performed her ablution before she headed out to the female Masjid. She needed to pray some Nawafil plus it was nearly Asr prayer.

As soon as she was inside the Masjid, she said her Iqamah before she started. She prayed two units of prayers before she rose to pray her Asr prayer. After she was done she carried the Holy Qur'an from the bookshelf and recited Surah An-Nur.

Indeed with every hardship comes ease and also with every gloom there is always a thread of light on the way. She prayed that Lina too will soon find her own thread of light and rejoice the happiness of both this world and hereafter. Not only Lina alone but to all those innocent Muslims out there crying for shelter, food and freedom, to all those wealthy arrogant Muslims that feel no one is above them and lastly to all the unbelievers who are on the wrong track, for the to see their own light too. Sooner than later.

After she was done she went back into the hospital with little hopes much more than the time they came. All she hopes for is Khayr.

Once back to her seat, she heard her phone beeping and she fished it out from her Abaya pocket. "Hello Ms Amrah, how's Lina?" Labiba asked impatiently while Ms Amrah huffed.

"They are still in, not even a nurse came out but In Shaa Allah all shall be well."

"Inna Lillahi! Ya Allah make it easy for her."

"Ameen Labiba. Is Ms Maria awake?"

"Not yet, I think in some minutes."

"Ok Labiba. But please make sure she eats her food and her medicine is in the fridge, the one with orange cover, give her two pills but until she eats."

"Ok I'll Insha Allah."

"Ma'assalam Labiba." With that they both ended the call and Ms Amrah sank into her chair while stretching her legs forward as she titled her head to the side.

☆☆☆

"Family of Lina Danish?" The doctor questioned as he exits the ICU and Ms Amrah abruptly stood up and walked over to him. They have been there for the past two hours and Ms Amrah has already start losing hope about the case.

He beckoned her towards his office and she reluctantly followed him. All she wanted was to ran straight into the ICU to check upon Lina.

Upon entering his office, he waited as she entered before closing the door and they all took their seats.

"Ms Amrah?" He asked her going through the medical reports on his hand and she nodded in confirmation.

"Yes."

"How are you related to Ms Danish, please?" He asked her and Ms Amrah was suddenly taken off guard by his question.

"Uhmm..Uhm..." She scratches her neck trying to find a convincing relationship between her and Lina. If she'll just say she's her Granny's nurse the doctor won't be open with her. "I'm her aunty." She blurted out.

He nodded as he keep flipping the pages in front of him. As he finish reading the last page, he took off his glasses as he perfectly placed it into his front pocket and looked up at Ms Amrah.

"Well.." Ms Amrah looked up straight into his eyes as she gave him her complete attention "Is Lina in any kind of physical or emotional stress?" The doctor questioned her.

Ms Amrah hesitated for a while before she nods her head "Yes."

"Has she ever had a case similar to this before?" Now she looked at him dumbfounded. She has no answer to his question. She's never heard of such case from Lina. But had it been she had it Lina would have told her the other she told her about her past. No, she hasn't.

"No."

"Well..I don't know what is bothering her but actually she's quite stressing herself, she is facing a lot in life and she's bothering herself with the matter. She may or may not say it out but she's letting her feelings rule her. She's really making it hard on her and well that was what cause it all, she had a minor cardiac attack."

Ms Amrah stared at the doctor, the words still sinking in her head. Did she heard him well? She questioned herself internally. But why?

WHY?!

"You mean she had a cardiac attack?" She asked still not sure if she heard him correctly. Was he even going through Lina's file or another person's?

"Yes Ma'am but minor cardiac attack." He repeat himself as he stressed then word minor.

"Cardiac attack is cardiac attack doctor whether minor or not."

"Ma'am please don't take it as that big case, In Shaa Allah she'll recover. All I want from you now is to take good care of her, don't always let her alone to her feelings, make her happy and cherish what she loves. Don't tell her what will itches her feelings, help her make her life as carefree as never before. Insha Allah bad things shall occur not."

"Insha Allah doctor." Ms Amrah answered him calmly still her mind not believing what he said.

"Here" he hands her a slip "are the medicines required, you'll get them in the pharmacy and the pharmacist will give you the directions."

"Doctor can I go see her?"

"Not yet Ma'am. She needs to rest but the nurse will inform you if you are to enter." He reassured her and she nodded before she left the office.

Reaching to the nursing station, she asked for the pharmacy and they gave her the direction.

☆☆☆

Labiba hurriedly made her way towards the entrance as she left Looth troubling with Ayoub and trying to wheel Ms Maria in her old crumpy wheelchair as Ms Amrah has took the one she uses.

Reaching to the forth floor she looked around; left and right, before she actually saw Ms Amrah and she made her way towards her.

"Assalamu Alaiki Ms Amrah."

"Wa'alaikissalam My dear." And on instance Looth and Ms Maria reached them and they both exchange some pleasantries before they all took their seats.

"Have you got to check on Lina?" Labiba asked as soon as she took her seat leaning forward on her chair.

"No. She's asleep, until the nurse inform us." She huffed. "She had a minor cardiac attack" Ms Amrah added tearing away their gaze as her face began pale.

"SubhanAllah! Lina?" She asked her still not satisfied and Ms Amrah placed a hand on Labiba's shoulder before she nods.

"Yes dear. Lina is emotionally not Ok. All the events are getting into the way Labiba, they are trying to play a great role in mangling with her life, they are trying to make Lina too fragile." Since they arrived at the hospital, Ms Amrah had been trying not to shed tears but now she couldn't hold even a drop back. She let them flow freely.

SubhanAllah is all Labiba kept mumbling throughout. They remained silent only for Ayoub's voice blabbing his childishness.

"Labiba you have to inform your father" Ms Amrah broke the silence between them as she stated with a slight nod. Labiba looked up at her with a confused look and Ms Amrah nodded again.

"Yes Labiba, you have to inform your father about Lina's current situation. He can hold us responsible if any thing bad SubhanAllah occurs to her and we kept it hidden from him. Don't forget he is your father and he has a major role to play in your lives." Ms Amrah made it clear, without objection Labiba nodded as she shove out her phone from her purse. Pressing on the screen for some seconds she held the phone to her ear.

"Wa'alaikassalam...I'm fine Abuya...fine Alhamdulillah...not Okayy Abuya...Abuya it's Lina...No! She isn't missing...she's not complaining about anything...you're the one interrupting me...Abuya?...Lina had a minor cardiac attack some minutes ago...yes Abuya Lina...Hello?..Hello?...yes City Hospital...Ok In Shaa Allah Abuya, drive safe please okay?...ok Ma'assalam."

☆☆☆

Malik dashed out of his office as if someone was chasing upon his dear life. Well, the situation at hand seems like one. He passed by a startled Ms Rayn in the hallway but he only stopped in his track when he reached the last step on the staircase.

Ms Rayn watch him with her mouth agape in surprise praying internally that he wouldn't miss a step and end up with a broken leg or arm.

She quickly tightened her scarf securely around her head and followed behind him when she heard his statement.

"MEET ME IN THE CAR NOW MS RAYN!" He shouted from below as he jogged out of the house taking the porch steps two at a time.

He pressed the unlock button from his key once he reach his car and roughly open the car door. Turning the key in the ignition hole, a startled Ms Rayn appeared from behind as she knock on the passenger's window.

Without winding down the glass he threw his hand across the passenger's seat as he opens up the door and motion for her to enter.

Without hesitation she enters and Malik barely gave her a time to close the door as he sets the car in motion. Surely he was in a haste.

She remained quite in her seat as she stares out through the window when she wasn't able to recognise where they were heading to and with the frustrated look on his face, he didn't looked like one to speak.

When he received Labiba's call some minutes ago her panicked in fear. Lina had a cardiac attack and is in the hospital. That alone brought out the daylights in him. Ya Rahman! Not again please. Just mentioning the word hospital makes him go gaga. The last time he was in the hospital, it turned out sour. His lost his dear wife there. Now, he isn't ready to lost another part of him at the same hospital.

Although he was mad at Lina days back, it only took him some few days before he admitted his mistakes. He was forcing her. Now that he wanted to reconcile all that was between them, she was nowhere to be found. And now that he was told to come and see her, she was lying on the hospital bed. Probably the same room which his wife stayed. He isn't ready again to lost another one. Not yet!

They drove for almost thirty minutes in silence before the car came to a halt in front of the National Hospital and Ms Rayn turned at him with a questioned look on her face.

He unlocked the car as he shove out his key from the machine and turn to look at Ms Rayn "It's Lina." He simply answered her threatening look and dash out of the car.

She quickly followed behind him not able to catch his pace as he was already jogging towards the entrance. As she entered, she saw him with the receptionist and she quickly made her way towards them.

"Forty floor, room 16." Was only Ms Rayn heard as Malik has already made his way towards the elevator. Upon reaching the elevator she was already late as the door has already close since before she arrived so she decided to take the staircase.

She reached the forth floor panting heavenly before she located Labiba with her son and husband, Malik and an unknown face. She gasp when she saw Ms Maria on a wheelchair and she quickly dashed towards them.

"Assalamu Alaikum." She said as she reach Labiba engulfing her in a tight hug and Labiba snuggled deep into her embrace before they both draw back as tears roll down Labiba's cheeks.

"What's happening here Labiba?" Ms Rayn couldn't help but ask as she saw the look on all the faces there; Ms Maria staring deep into her palm, Malik pacing back and forth in the waiting area as he interlace his fingers behind him, the unknown face sat across their chair as he leaned her face on the hinge of her left hand with a pale face.

"Lina has been admitted here for the past hours." Ms Rayn gasp as her eyes widened in shock.

"SubhanAllah! What happened?"

"She had a minor cardiac attack" Ms Rayn had to sit down on the chair next to her as her legs were shaking, not able to carry her any longer. She breathed in and out heavenly before she looked up at Labiba with a pale face. "What? Heart attack? How?" She asked her all at the same time.

"Yes Ms Rayn." she nodded at her "She actually fainted when Ms Amrah" she motioned towards Ms Amrah that silent sobs have been escaping her lips "informed her about Granny's paralysis." She sighed.

Ms Rayn's mouth kept opening and closing without any single statement coming out, her eyes bulged out from her sockets, she remain speechless.

"You mean Ms Maria is paralysed? How?" She gathered the courage to ask almost tearing up.

"She's suffering from Alzheimer." Labiba broke down in tears as Ms Rayn was left with trembling fingers. She felt dizziness taking over her so she laid her head back on the chair as tears of anguish started rolling down her cheeks.

Cardiac attack.

Alzheimer's disease.

No sooner than later a nurse came out from Lina's room and they all approach her with hope.

"She's awake, you can enter but please don't let her talk too much because she's complaining of chest pain." The nurse said with a broad smile across her face and they all felt some relief more especially Malik.

"Thank you Ma'am" Ms Amrah answered her and the nurse disappeared behind the turn. They all turn to look at each other as if debating on entering and Ms Amrah spoke again "Sir," she motioned towards Malik "I think you should get in first." She said sitting back on her chair and both Labiba, Ms Rayn and Looth nodded on agreement.

"Uh?" He stared at her with a confuse look as he scratches his neck and she gave him a painful smile "You should get going, she's already waiting for her loved one's." He hesitated for a moment before he walked towards the room.

He turned the knob as he push the door open. He prayed internally within his mind before he drag his adamant body inside the room. He gasped as he saw his daughter, his little tigress lying helplessly on the hospital bed as thousands of tubes and machines were connected to her body while still her heart monitor is beeping slowly.

He hurriedly took the seat close to her bed as he interlock their fingers together.

"A..Abuya?" She blinked her eyes twice, adjysting to the rays of light.

"Yes my dear." Malik answered her as a tear drop down from his eye to their interlocked fingers.

"I missed you Abuya." She cried out.

"Shh my dear I'm right here beside you. Cry no more. I won't leave you, not until death." He caressed his thumb against her knuckles. They remained silent in the room as only her for heart monitor's beep that was being heard.

To say both father and daughter missed each other was an understatement. The love and affection between the two can always be seen from their movements, smiles, laughter, moments of sadness and above all when they are together in silence.

The door knob turned again and both of them turn their gaze to the door as both Ms Amrah, Ms Rayn, Labiba, Ms Maria, Ayoub and Looth entered the room.

Lina smiled widely as her eyes met all of them and Labiba rushed to the bed and hugged Lina. "How are you feeling Habibty?" Labiba asked her with concerned look on her face as they both draw back.

"Alhamdulillah Labiba just a little pain here." She motioned towards her chest and Labiba nodded in understanding.

"Sorry Lina." And Lina replied her with a smile.

"How are you feeling Lina?" Ms Amrah asked taking Lina's fingers in her's.

"Alhamdulillah Ms Amrah."

"Any pain?" She asked her and Lina nodded.

"I feel my chest too heavy and it's too hard to breathe." Lina complained.

"In Shaa Allah you'll be okay and back to normal my dear."

"In Shaa Allah." They all answered.

"Ms Rayn" Lina said surprisingly as she saw Ms Rayn from behind with a tear sliding down her cheeks "I didn't notice you, come." Lina opened her arms for Ms Rayn and she quickly went over to Lina hugging her tightly.

"Oh Ms Rayn! How I missed you!"

"I missed you too Habibty. How are you feeling?"

"Alhamdulillah Ms Rayn." Lina answered with a wide grin and Ms Rayn bend down to kiss her forehead before she moves back.

Lina turned and saw Looth troubling with little Ayoub and she waved a hand at him as he returned it with a genuine smile while Ayoub's eyes widened when he saw Lina.

Since they entered the room he didn't noticed her presence as he was engrossed in his game until now.

"Khaltu Lina?" He shouted as he threw a hand to his widely open mouth but it was more of a question than just a statement and everybody laughed with his reaction.

"Yes habiby." Lina waved a hand at him. Instead of waving back he forcefully snatch away his hand from his father's grip upon his wrist before he dashed towards the bed.

"Little man it isn't a war." Looth said as he twist his fingers with a wince.

"You sick?" Ayoub ask Lina confused as he saw her lying on the bed.

"Yes Ayoub." Lina nodded.

"You injured your hand? Leg?" He asked her observing her body but still couldn't find any injured spot.

"No dear. I injured my heart." Lina pointed towards her heart and Ayoub gave her a 'are you insane?' look and everybody laughed in the room except him.

"Ayoub come over here you won't understand." His mother called but he glared at Lina before he went over to Labiba and Lina smiled.

"Looth, Abuya I think we have to go because it's already night." Labiba said packing her and Ayoub's belongings.

"Night? How long have I been here?" Lina questioned confused

"It's already past eight so we have been here for.." Ms Amrah counted the hours with her fingers "five hours" she ended.

"Five hours?" Lina questioned unbelievably "I thought it's just like an hour ago we were eating on the table."

"No dear that was five hours ago."

"Masha Allah."

"We'll go with Ms Maria and Ms Amrah will stay here with Lina while you too should get going." Malik stated and everybody nodded in agreement.

"Goodnight Lina." Labiba said as she brush a kiss across Lina's forehead and waved her goodbye as Ayoub kept glaring at Lina.

"Goodnight Labiba. Ayoub no kiss?" Lina asked teasingly but rather she received a piercing cry from the child and Labiba and Ayoub hurried out of the room as Ms Rayn, Malik and Ms Maria followed behind them leaving Ms Amrah and a laughing Lina.

☆☆☆

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

144K 7.9K 23
'Mum you can't leave me, how could you?', a gasp escapes her mouth. Her mother was the only one on her side but she too is gone now, she can't do any...
172K 7.5K 24
• HIGHEST RANK #1 in Islamic• (COMPLETED ON FEBRUARY 14, 2019 WITH 14K READS!) That is the real Aaban Waheed, the man she fell in love with. Yet, one...
130K 26.1K 92
*BOOK ONE IN THE ALL THAT GLITTERS TRILOGY Walking out of an abusive marriage 'unscathed', Khadijah thought that was her salvation, the end of her su...
323K 10.1K 42
WARNING: THIS BOOK NEEDS MAJOR EDITING (Book I in broken series) "What are you doing on my bed? Get down right now." He growled. i got startled and...