BEAUTY LIES WITHIN

By aspiringauthor97

No one in this world is abandoned or isolated. It's all about being together which is the most difficult tas... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 4
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35.
Chapter 36.
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59.
Chapter 60.
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64.
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
The ever after....
Exclusive!

Chapter 5

541 32 0
By aspiringauthor97

Sunday morning is not meant to be up early. But I did. To spent some time with my dad. We went for a walk, which I generally don't get an opportunity to. Spending quality time with parents is as important as any other work in the world. A lot of motivation and stock market knowledge acquired from him this morning. We talk about almost everything around the world except what is going on inside us. Somehow never.

We came home and were chilling around. I made him breakfast and then we spoke to mom, Sid, Lauren, Jannes, Jason.

As we were having a video chat my phone beeped.

2 hrs, and we meet.

-Rehan

OK. He is actually counting hours. I had no idea what this is going to be.

I quickly dressed up in a purple and white printed jumpsuit and left home.

Reaching the restaurant, I saw Rehan's car in the parking.

Quiet a punctual guy. I thought to myself.

I entered the restaurant. And I saw Rehan with a group of girls. Clicking pictures. Oh his stardom.

I just walked towards his table. That's when I noticed that Katherine, Rehan's girlfriend. What the hell was she doing here?

Shhh! Calm down. Chill. I took a deep breath.

I cordially said hi to both of them.

"Oh Hi", Rehan said getting up and giving me a quick hug.

We all sat. He was dressed in casual jeans t-shirt and had a cap on.

"So finally you are here.", he told me.

"Yes", I told with a warm smile.

"By the way, she is Katherine."

"Of course, who doesn't know her.", I said smiling at her.

Katherine is also an actress half European half Indian.

The food was served. We all started our meal. All kinds of talks were going on.

That's when I asked him.

"So I'm invited as a third meal on this date.", I said as they sat there holding hands.

"Haha. No. I actually have a very important work. And well its better to have food while discussing work.", the food lover in him spoke.

"Go ahead.", I said having a bite.

"Actually my mom and Katherine think that I'm very careless regarding my money, they advised me to consult you, my mom told us that you are a financial consultant."

"Yes, but if it was regarding this you could meet me in my office, why like that? I could have had food there."

"Oh that was my idea.", Katherine spoke. "Why be typical?"

Genuinely I had no answer to this.

"Please help him out.", she said.

"Of course I will, but now when you are my client, please make sure whenever we have meetings, it shouldn't be casual."

"That means you are ready to help me.", he asked.

"Of course.", I smiled.

I don't know why did they give each other a hug. But yes they did.

"Sorry to ask you but I thought your father takes care of all this?", I said minutes later.

"Yaa.", He said after taking a deep breath. "He has actually been caught up with other stuff so...."

"Oh okay."

The coming moments were mostly silent. There were some weird vibes passing between me and Katherine. But I was only there for Rehan.

"We are going for football match. Would you like to join us?" Katherine asked as we waited for our cars at the valet.

Before I could even answer Rehan spoke "Oh yes.", I nodded a no to him but he insisted. "Come on please join us. It'll be fun."

"Ok then.", Rehan had a 'You can't say no to me.' Vibe.

We headed towards the stadium. There we were joined by 2 friends of Katherine. Rehan slowly slipped behind and walked beside me.

"I knew I would be bored if Katherine met her friends. That's the reason I asked you to come along.", Rehan told me as we were heading towards our VIP seats that he had booked while Katherine was busy giggling with her friends a bit ahead.

"Oh so you just wanted a company. Nothing else?", I asked him.

"It's not that I didn't want you to come or something but it's like I wanted someone to be with me while she was busy there, like you understand.", he stammered while speaking.

"It's ok I understand. But this is your favourite game right?", I asked as we took our seats.

"Yes it is. And it's even better when you have a friend watching it with you." He said slightly squeezing my hand. I was flattered but didn't let it obvious on my face.

The rest of the evening was well spent with an amazing match. There was very little that I understood but Rehan's reactions, happiness, disappointments on missed goals were entertaining to watch

And here, Monday morning is back.

This week is going to be hectic. All the work has to be completed and preparations for the transfer have to be started.

As I reached my office, I called my secretary to tell me about today's appointments. I was shocked to see Rehan's name in it. He didn't have to take an appointment. Crazy guy.

I called him up. He didn't pick up the phone. But sent a text instead.

Work now. I will see u according to the appointment that you have given me. Or rather your secretary. Bye.

Ok. I had no words to describe his professionalism. On which I had doubted a day before.

And by 3pm my client Rehan entered the office. And what chaos it caused. His fan following erupted in my office.

As if 50 pictures with people on his way from the corridor to my cabin were not enough, everyone gathered outside my cabin to get a glimpse of him.

"Good afternoon Ms Ananya.", he said as he shook my hand.

"Good afternoon.", I said.

The discussions went on for a long time. The crowd stood as an audience outside still. David made his way. I knew it was our break time. We'd meet by the coffee machine for which I was obviously late. He made gestures through the glass door. I alternatively looked at both of them. Rehan noticed my divided attention. He turned to look back and saw David calling me out.

"Boyfriend?", He asked.

"What? No.", I exclaimed.

"He seems really interested in you though.", He said.

"Not at all. He is my colleague. ",I said arranging his papers.

"And this is coffee break time Sir. ", David said finally entering my office and shaking hands with him.

"David.", I widened my eyes to him.

"Exactly I told your friend, I mean colleague this is too much work for me for today though.", He told David. "We'll meet soon. Have a great time at the coffee.", He said shaking my hand and leaving.

"That was rude.", I turned to David after Rehan left.

"That's the only time I get to talk to you. You have lunch with you team and I have to tell you about Daisy's birthday.", He said as we walked towards the coffee machine.

"So tell me did your wife liked the surprise?", I asked.

(Having a close friend at work definitely makes the day at office a little more fun. They sometime do get you into trouble with the boss or clients but that's the fun of it.

Share your views on this one.

Do Share, comment and Like.

Hit that star down.)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

858K 31.1K 111
"Listen Dev. I..I am sorry. Please let me explain" I pleaded while taking my steps back. "Sorry? Really? Ms Aasha Sharma" he asked with a smirk. Now...
38.6K 1.2K 47
A story of past left incomplete. It's a story of Avantika and Karanveer. A woman With pride and self respect. A woman who knew how to break the soc...
76.2K 3.5K 63
"I was invisible to him then and I will be forever" ~Nina Suresh "She's mine yet....she's not." ~Arjun Kapoor *~* β™‘Nina Sureshβ™‘ Fun, loving, selfle...
39.9K 2.5K 58
[Re-editing the chapters from 1 to 20 and also changing the name of female lead after finishing the story] [NOT AN MAFIA OBESSION STORY] KIM TAEHYUNG...