Paper Hearts β™‘ Harry Styles AU

By sourwolphe

[βœ“] COMPLETED A story about two college friends who couldn't stay "just" friends anymore. They graduate colle... More

Paper Hearts β™‘ h.s. au
Prologue
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19*
20
21
22
Trailer
23
24
26
27
28
29
Epilogue

25

620 21 8
By sourwolphe

My extremely painful headache caused me to wake up and stir from my bed. I felt the need to throw up so I immediately ran to the bathroom to release all the toxins inside my system. I heard the door open and Harry's hand held the small of my back while the other held my hair back.

"I'm not going to ask if you're okay because clearly, you're not." He muttered. I rolled my eyes but didn't say anything back. I wad already feeling bad and instead of comforting me, he's making things so much worse.

I stood up and wiped my face with a small towel hanging beside the toilet, ignoring Harry and walking past him. I wobbled downstairs, Harry trailing behind me as he mumbled words I couldn't understand. I knew that he was talking shit about me but I chose to ignore it because I'm not in the mood to argue with him right now.

I pushed myself up on the counter and drank a glass of cold water, looking around the kitchen for some comfort food to ease my tummy.

"I'm going to work, I'll see you later." He said as he reached for my lips to kiss me, but I tilted my face to the other side so he could kiss me on the cheek instead. "I'm supposed to me mad at you, not the other way around."

I didn't react and kept my head turned away from him. "Leave, you're going to be late." I said sternly and heard him walk out the door.

I threw my arms up in frustration and cursed Harry's name, I can't believe how immature he was acting towards this. First of all, he shouldn't even be mad because I was able to come home safely even though I didn't tell him that I was going home with Li -- oh. So that's why he's angry, it's because he had no idea that Liam would drive me home.

I texted Harry out of guilt and apologized, but I didn't receive a reply back so I pretended that I didn't text him at all and switched to airplane mode to prevent other people from bothering me. I texted Liam and thanked him again, immediately receiving a reply asking if he should cover for me since I'm already late for work.

To Liam:

I'm still going, tell Mister Germond that I got stuck in traffic. Thanks, I owe you. x

From Liam:

A cup of iced coffee would be great ;-) Take care xx

I also texted Jane and told her to contact me through my office phone, she figured out right away that me and Harry weren't in good terms.

From Jane:

Harry wasn't looking very happy when he passed by my office :-/ I'm going to the doctor today, just wanted to let you know.

To Jane:

Ignore him, he'll get around eventually. Do you need company? I finish work at five.

From Jane:

No I'm good thanks. I'll see you soon :-)

* * * *

I was having a good day so far, Mister Germond liked all of my design proposals and Cheryl contacted Liam while we were having coffee. Liam looked so happy when they were talking and seeing him smile like that made my day a little brighter. I took the bus home and thankfully I didn't get stuck in traffic. It was still early, so I decided to go grocery shopping and cook dinner for my family tonight.

Walking home from the store turned out to be a good idea because I bumped into my high school friend Calum Hood. It was funny when we first met because I never even thought that he was Asian. I knew from the very start that he was Kiwi and Scottish, since I was a committee for the student council, I had the advantage of organizing the students' documents.

Everyone in school assumed that he was Asian though, until he publicly announced that he wasn't during our graduation when he said his speech. I didn't get the chance to hang-out with him anymore because he moved back to Australia, coincidentally in Sydney, and he never contacted me.

"How are you, Sid? I haven't seen you in years! You look amazing," he complimented.

"I've been alright, stable job and everything. You look great too, you're so tall! I swear I was an inch taller than you back in high school!" I teased. He did look really good, his hair is curlier, his jawline became more prominent and he looked so buff.

"It turns out being a late bloomer had its perks," he winked at me and laughed. He suddenly took my grocery bags and started walking towards my house, which I didn't mind of course, those bags were heavy anyway.

We exchanged numbers but switching my phone back on was definitely a bad idea. I received a text message from Harry saying that he was going somewhere tonight and wouldn't be home until tomorrow afternoon. Well, at least he texted me, I'm gonna take that as a good sign then.

"Do you want to come inside and have dinner with us?" I offered Calum. "Mom would love to see you again."

So Calum ended up helping me cook spaghetti for the whole family, minus Kellan who practically moved in with Cindy already. All I'm waiting for now is Kellan to propose to Cindy so they could finally start a family together. Kellan has been working at a sports shop as an assistant manager for a month, so I guess I could say that his life is pretty stable. Cindy, on the other hand, works at a local pharmacy. She used to secretly give free condoms to Jaden and Blake and mom eventually found out, but my brothers liked Cindy so much that they covered for her and admitted that they bought it themselves.

Cindy owns an apartment a few blocks away and I'm pretty sure half of Kellan's stuff are inside her room.

"Thank you for dinner, Mrs. Martins." Calum said.

"Oh shush, I should be the one thanking you and Sidney. Take care on your way home, dear." She waved goodbye as I escorted Cal to the front door.

"We'll hang-out soon when I don't have work."

"Promise?"

"Pinky promise! Bye Cal, thanks for helping me cook dinner. I'll see you around."

"I'm going back to Australia in three weeks so you better make plans before I leave!"

___

I knew Harry already told me that he wouldn't be home tonight, and I'm sure that he doesn't want anything to do with me right now, but I'm still his girlfriend and I have the right to check on him.

After writing my to-do list and pinning them on my mini cork board, I dialed Harry's number and put him on loud-speaker while I organized my desk. I suddenly heard strange noises on the other line -- people chuckling, water running, and loud music playing. He was definitely at a party, or some sort of club, I don't know.

"Harry? Where are you?"

"Sidney! Hey baby! How are you, love? You alright? Sidney's quite a cute name, isn't it? I like your name!" Harry was drunk, very drunk.

"I'm fine, where are you?"

He giggled, "I think I'm at a bar? Or someone's house? I smell nachos, oh look a sombrero!"

"Harry Styles, tell me where you are right now." I commanded. I was already slipping my Vans on, ready to grab dad's car keys to pick Harry up.

"P. Sherman 42 Wallaby Way, Sydney..." He giggled again. "Hey Nemo, can I call you Nemo? I'm calling you Nemo! What if I told you that I had sex with someone?"

I suddenly dropped the other shoe but rolled my eyes, "you're drunk, tell me where you are and I'll come get you."

"And what if I suddenly got the girl pregnant?! Heyyyyy Nemo, I got a girl pregnant!" He slurred. My heart began to beat faster but I didn't want to believe him just yet. It was the alcohol talking, not Harry.

"I had sex with my co-worker and now she's pregnant! How amazing is that?!"

I gulped in anxiety, but I decided to ride with whatever Harry was saying because I was curious, but also scared to find out what else he has to confess.

"What's the name of the girl?" I asked.

"Janet? No, Janice? Jan... Jane! Her name's Jane! Do you know her? I think you do!"

I dropped the phone and felt my cheeks heat up, "you're joking right? Harry, tell me you're joking! Tell me this is some type of prank you're pulling to seek revenge because of what I did last night!"

"Nope," he answered, popping the p. "I'm pretty sure I got her pregnant, Nemo."

I screamed at the top of my lungs and threw the phone against my bedroom wall, not even caring that it shattered to a million pieces. I screamed again and again until I heard heavy footsteps across the hall. I inhaled deeply and screamed once more before I completely blacked out.

A/N: OOPS PLOT TWIST! Damn, Harry's a douche :/

Please vote and comment!! Goal for this chapter... 10 votes and 5 comments please? :)

I'll try to update next week but no promises because school :c Love you guys sooooooo much!!!! xx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

684K 19.3K 27
[Completed, but in desperate need of editing] " A guy and a girl can be just friends, but at one point or another, they will fall for each other…Mayb...
151 0 19
A sequel to "Mystery?" This book takes place a year after the break up. They are both in different relationships. Mariana is dating her co...
21K 1.1K 39
Best friends since childhood, Janet, Harry and Matty thought their bond was unbreakable. But love changes everything. Janet has a choice to make but...
64.4K 2.2K 13
Harry X Reader (mini-fic AU) In which Harry is a poetic frat boy who just so happens to be the TA for your new English class.