We're Not Immune | The Death...

seeingalltherainbows tarafından

*•contains spoilers•* Newt wasn't immune to the flare like the others. He had to struggle with the thought of... Daha Fazla

Prologue: The Glade
Prologue: WICKED
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
1k!!!
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Love Yourself Tag
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Thank Youuu
Backstory Chapters Coming Soon!
5,000 Reads!!!
Before the Glade ~ Backstory Chapter #1
Backstory Chapter #2
Backstory Chapter #3
Backstory Chapter #4
Backstory Chapter #5
Backstory Chapter #6
Backstory Chapter #7

Chapter 3

1.4K 24 0
seeingalltherainbows tarafından

Everyone separated into smaller groups as they discussed whether or not they wanted to get the Swipe removed. Group B was still on one side of the room with The Gladers on the other.

Thomas, Minho, Frypan, Newt, and Abby all faced each other.

"I don't know what the rest of these shanks are doing," Minho spoke up, "but I'm not getting anywhere near any of those machines." He gestured to the odd devices hanging over the bed. They were mostly metal with several wires here and there. You could clearly see what part of it would go on your face.

"I agree," Newt told, "When has anything good ever come out of doing what WICKED wants?"

"What if this is what they want?" Thomas theorized.

Minho broke in, "It doesn't matter. I'm not letting them put that thing on my face."

Abby nodded along with the rest of the group, "I'm with Newt no matter what."

However, Teresa was heading over towards them. She stopped once she was standing next to Thomas. "So, we all want to do it right?"

"What?" Thomas asked, baffled, "You can't be telling me that you actually are thinking of agreeing to let them do this."

"I'm not just thinking of doing it," Teresa said, "I just talked with Aris and him and all of Group B are all for it. I'm on their side."

Minho did an obvious eye roll and Abby was close to doing the same. She had never really liked Teresa that much just like most of the other gladers.

"You guys aren't going to let them remove the Swipe?" Teresa breathed, "But what about remembering the memories you lost? If you have any good memories from before the maze, don't you want to remember them?" For some reason, she seemed pretty shocked that they weren't agreeing with her.

"Guys, she might have a point," this was from Frypan. Everyone looked at him. "Remembering what life used to be like and having WICKED not being able to control us anymore sounds like a good enough deal for me," he told.

"You can't be serious," Minho objected.

"Minho let him make his own bloody decisions," argued Newt. He turned to Frypan, "Are you sure Fry?"

"Yeah," he nodded, "You guys are making your own decision. I should be able to make mine."

Minho looked like he was about to saw something after that, but he stayed silent.

"I'm sorry, Teresa," Thomas said, "but the four of us aren't doing this."

"Don't do anything stupid," Teresa added before walking back to Aris and Group B.

Frypan turned and went to the other gladers, leaving Thomas, Newt, Minho, and Abby alone.

"So, what are we going to do?" Abby asked no one in particular.

"Probably something stupid," Thomas replied, facing them all, "But if we are going to try and escape, we wait until it's the right time. We only have one shot."

They all agreed.

There wasn't any more time to talk after that though. The Rat Man was getting everyone's attention again. "We have a room and a bed assigned to each and every one of you," Janson spoke, "In this room, there is Aris, Sonya..." He continued with a few more names. None of them were any of the people from the Glade and none of them refused. "The rest of you, this way," he nodded towards the door and they followed.

Thomas walked next to Minho and behind them, in the back of the group, Newt and Abby walked side by side. "Now?" Minho muttered under his breath.

Thomas shook his head slightly, "Not yet."

It wasn't that far down the halls to the next room. Janson opened the door and held it open, watching each person with a watchful eye. Especially Thomas. He glanced down at his list and read out more names including Frypan and then Abby.

Frypan went into the room, following a couple other gladers, with a small wave.

"I'm not going. I'm not doing it," Abby let him know. She moved to hold onto Newt's upper arm. There was no way she was leaving him again.

"Fine. Your mistake," Janson said, "You'll change your mind eventually."

At the next room, the last of the willing people headed through the door. Thomas, Minho, and Newt promptly announced that they weren't doing it either.

"Don't even think of running," Janson smirked, "There are guards coming as we speak."

"You're bluffing," Abby accoused.

"Maybe I am," he raised an eyebrow, daring them to rebel against him.

The four of them glanced at each other, all of them wondering if it was the right time to try anything. But, four guards soon showed up with launchers in their hands. The small electric balls inside them were surrounded by bright white sparks of electricity.

"Guards," ordered Janson, "Get these subjects to their rooms."

Abby watched as Newt's face turned with anger. "Don't you bloody call them subjects!" he fumed, "I swear I won't hesitate one second to hurt you."

"Oh please," Janson spat, "I'd like to see you try. It is five against four. That is if we even count you." He was referring to Abby.

Newt started to move forward angrily, but Abby put out her arm, stopping him. She scowled at Janson and gave Thomas a look that said: "give me the word and I'll get him".

Thomas nodded slowly, "Guys, I think it's time to do the right thing."

Everyone in the group caught his drift and in a flash, all of them started to attack.

Thomas took Janson, Newt and Abby each went for one guard, and Minho did a surprisingly good job of handling the other two.

Abby saw Thomas tackle Janson to the ground just as she punched one female guard who fell back against the wall. For a moment, they had an advantage.

However, one of the guards that Minho was supposed to be taking care of ran over to help Janson. He started to pry Thomas off of him. The other guards started to regain their senses and fight back.

They were losing.

The female guard caught hold of Abby's wrist and then grabbed both of her arms, holding them behind her back. She soon had no control, trapped in the guard's arms.

Thomas was shoved against a wall and Minho was the same, shouting as he tried flailing his arms and legs to get free. And Newt was being shoved against the white tile floor harshly, with absolutely no luck in trying to escape. Just like the others.

The Rat Man stood up, brushing himself off and straightening his suit jacket.

The guard holding Abby picked up her launcher and pressed it against Abby's head, right on her temple. "I'll shoot her right now Janson," she raved, "Just say the word."

Newt struggled violently against the hands holding him. "Don't you hurt her!" he shouted, "Don't even touch her!" He fought harder until the guard kicked him in his side.

Abby flinched, knowing it must hurt pretty badly.

"That's it," Janson was no longer as calm and collected as he usually was, "We're doing this procedure to remove the swipe whether you like it or not. It's easier this way anyway." "You three," he pointed to the guards holding Minho, Newt, and Abby, "Get them somewhere where they can't escape with whatever force necessary."

He then turned to Thomas, "And you. We'll do him first. All of you get going."

Newt, Abby, and Minho were forced down the hallway to a solid metal door, guns and launchers in their faces the whole time. Behind them, Thomas was being dragged kicking and screaming into the surgery room. Eventually, he gave up, going limp, and they pulled him inside.

I hope this wasn't too much of a filler chapter. I actually really liked this. I do take feedback btw, as long as it's positive or like constructive criticism. Anyways, I hope you liked this chapter, I'll update soon.
-Kaelan

Okumaya devam et

Bunları da Beğeneceksin

2.8K 224 23
After the Gladers escape the Maze and the Right Arm successfully rescues Newt, Addy is left alone and disoriented. She gets inserted into the Scorch...
12.7K 250 12
When Minho gets taken by WICKED, Raven is desperate to save him. She makes plans with the few other Gladers that are left. But it's not that easy as...
102K 2.9K 55
She chose to leave her safe life and be with a life near death Just to be with him She chose to leave everything behind and be one of them Just to be...
111K 2.8K 27
[The Maze Runner fanfiction] ❝WCKD is good.❞ Vera has always been loyal to WCKD. I mean, why wouldn't she? They saved her from the Flare and said th...