I've Got What I Wanted

By Phoenix-54

Sequel to I Want Mr Baker! After hiding their relationship for a year, Riley Spence and Caleb Baker finally h... More

I've Got What I Wanted. Part 1
I've Got What I Wanted. Part 2
I've Got What I Wanted. Part 3
I've Got What I Wanted. Part 4
I've Got What I Wanted. Part 5
I've Got What I Wanted. Part 6
I've Got What I Wanted. Part 7
I've Got What I Wanted. Part 8
I've Got What I Wanted. Part 9
I've Got What I Wanted. Part 10
I've Got What I Wanted. Part 11
I've Got What I Wanted. Part 12
I've Got What I Wanted. Part 13
I've Got What I Wanted. Part 14
I've Got What I Wanted. Part 15
I've Got What I Wanted. Part 16
I've Got What I Wanted. Part 17
I've Got What I Wanted. Part 18
I've Got What I Wanted. Part 19
I've Got What I Wanted. Part 20
I've Got What I Wanted. Part 21
I've Got What I Wanted. Part 22
I've Got What I Wanted. Part 23
I've Got What I Wanted. Part 24
I've Got What I Wanted. Part 26
I've Got What I Wanted. Part 27
I've Got What I Wanted. Part 28
I've Got What I Wanted. Part 29
I've Got What I Wanted. Part 30
I've Got What I Wanted. Part 31
I've Got What I Wanted. Part 32
I've Got What I Wanted. Part 33
I've Got What I Wanted. Part 34
I've Got What I Wanted. Part 35
I've Got What I Wanted. Part 36
I've Got What I Wanted. Part 37
I've Got What I Wanted. Part 38
I've Got What I Wanted. Part 39
I've Got What I Wanted. Part 40
I've Got What I Wanted. Part 41
I've Got What I Wanted. Part 42
I've Got What I Wanted. Part 43
I've Got What I Wanted. Part 44
I've Got What I Wanted. Epilouge
IGWIW Valentine's Special Chapter

I've Got What I Wanted. Part 25

15.8K 181 10
By Phoenix-54

Hey Hey guys! :) My exams are over and it's summmmerrrr!!! I'm very excited but I don't know what to do now :L I've just been lazing about :) Anyways, sorry for only uploading now but I've had exams. But they're all over now. Hopefully I'll be uploading this more now and have it finished by the end of summer. Maybe even before I go on holiday at the start of August. But we'll see how it goes because I'm uploading a another story in the next few weeks.
And can I just say for like the thrid or forth time now in case some of you don't read the messages a write. I freakin' love Colin Firth :3 I know most of you have probably heard that before, but you can hear it again. Like he's my celebrity crush right now :) And I know he's nearly 52, but so is Hugh Grant. But Colin I think is fitter. Anyways I digress ever so slightly. (If you fancy Colin, good for you :)) And guy you guys tell me if Justin Bartha is hotter or Ryan McPartlin. He's going to be the teacher in my new story :) 
Please Vote Comment and Become a Fan. Love you guys :)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 

CHAPTER TWENTY-FIVE

“But I want to drive,” I complained as we left the airport. We finally got away to Ireland after all. I’m twenty one weeks pregnant and not showing as much as I thought I would. We mentioned that to our doctor and he said it was perfectly normal. As I’m tall, haven’t had a baby before and I’m in pretty good shape, I won’t show as much as other women. He said some people don't show until there thirtieth week. So it's notmal that I'm not showing very much. But I’m not complaining.My clothes are a bit tight though. But I have had to buy new clothes which would be nice, if I was ever going to wear them again. I’ll only wear them again if we have another child.

“Tough I’m driving. You know you’re losing this as well,” he said smirking down at me. It turns out that we’re actually having a boy. Stupid doctor got it wrong the first time.

“Shut up, you know you were lucky.” He laughed as we waited on our rental car.

“How is it luck? Its biology,” I shrugged and folded my arms across my chest. He laughed and wrapped his arms around me.

“No go away,” I said pushing his chest. He smiled and held me tighter.

“Don’t say that,” he said kissing the tip of my nose.

“I’ll say what I want,” he smirked and rested his forehead against mine.

“What happens if that happens for real? You’ll regret saying that is I just disappeared.” I laughed and gripped the front of his jumper.

“It will be amazing,” I said smiling. “But it won’t happen anyway.” I tilted my head up and gave him a quick kiss. 

"You never know though. It happened in Home Alone, and quite a few times. I might just disappear when you wake up.” I laughed and ran my fingers through his hair.

“I don’t think you realise that Home Alone was a movie.” He smiled as I moved his hair to one side. I’m starting to find longish hair on Caleb hot. I still want him to get it cut though.

“You’re right,” he said rubbing my back. “I find it hard to distinguish between real life and what happens in movies." I smiled, placing my hands in his chest. 

"I'm glad that I know that." He smiled and tweaked my nose. "Stop doing that, I don't like it." He grinned, running the back of his hand along my cheek. 

"Here's your car," I looked to my left seeing the car beside us. He walked over to Caleb and handed him the keys. 

"Thanks," he smiled before walking back into the airport. "We can final go wherever and whenever we want." I laughed as he opened the trunk of the car. "I'm thinking a trip to the beach one day. What do you think?" He lifted our bags before carrying them to the car. 

"I don't think I'm meant to sit in the sun for too long. Plus I can't wear anything anyway." He glanced and me and smiled. 

"Then we'll find something else to do." He shut the trunk while smiling at me. "But first, let's go get some dinner." I nodded while walking over to the car. 

"Can I drive?" He smirked and opened the drivers side. 

"Get in the car," I groaned and followed him into the car.

*

“Oh it’s so good to see you guys.” Caleb’s grandmother said hugging us.

“I know it’s been too long.” Caleb said kissing his grandmothers cheek.

“Long enough to make me a great grandmother,” I laughed as she smiled at me. “So how far gone are you then?” She asked sitting down on the sofa.

“Twenty-one weeks,” I sat down on the sofa opposite her.

“Are you having a boy or a girl?” I sighed and rested my chin on the palm of my hand.

“Boy,” she laughed at my glumly said answer.

“What’s wrong with having a boy?” She looked between Caleb and me.

“It’s not that we don’t want to have a boy. It’s just I won a bet that we had. I bet that we would have a boy and she said that we would have a girl. So she’s a bit mad that she lost that.” Caleb explained to her.

“I’m not mad that I lost; I’m mad that you won. If the stupid doctor didn’t get it wrong then I wouldn’t be mad.” They laughed and shook their heads at me.

“So have you guys eaten yet?” She said standing up.

“No not yet. We were hoping that you might have some food.” She laughed and nodded at Caleb.

“You might just be in some luck. It’ll be about fifteen minutes.” With that she left the living room and went to the kitchen.

“Is someone going to be in a bad mood for the rest of the night?” He stood up and walked over to me.

“Only with you because you annoy me.” He laughed and sat down beside me. “I don’t remember saying that you could sit beside me.” He smirked and turned his body towards me.

“It’s a good thing that I don’t care. About tomorrow,” he said putting his leg up onto the sofa. “I’ve got somewhere I want to go and I’d like it if you came. But you don’t have to come if you don’t want to.” I looked over at him and rested my head on my palm.

“It depends what it is. I can’t really make a decision on it until you tell me what it is.” He smiled slightly and nodded.

“I want to go see my parents.” I got a bit confused when he said that, but quickly realised what he meant. I nodded and moved closer to him. “I thought you didn’t want to sit near me?” He tried joking with me. I gave him a small smile, and he knew that I thought he shouldn’t be joking.

“So you want me to come with you then?” He smiled but I could see some sadness in his eyes.

“It would be nice,” I raised my hand, running my fingers along his jaw. “You don’t have to if you don’t want to though.” I smiled and moved forward to kiss his cheek.

“I’ll go with you,” I whispered resting my forehead against his. “It’s important to you so it’s important to me.” He smiled and ran his fingers through my hair.

“I don’t know how it’s going to go though Babe.” He told me truthfully.

“I know, but I’ll go anyway. I know it’s going to be tough for you, but I’ll be there.” He smiled and he closed his eyes.

“Yeah I know,” I leant forward slightly and gently kissed his lips.

“Dinner is ready guys,” Caleb’s grandmother shouted out to us. I patter his thigh before standing up.

“I guess well just deal with it tomorrow.” He said standing up beside me. I smiled and walked out of the living room. I’m actually quite nervous about tomorrow now.

*

“Are you sure you want to do this today? We’re here until next week; you don’t have to do it now.” He looked over at me as he drove into the cemetery.

“But it’s probably better to get it over with now. If I don’t do it now, then I’ll just keep thinking about it all week. I just want to get it over with now so I don’t have to sorry about it for the rest of the week.” I nodded and put my hand on his arm. I rubbed it as he pulled into a parking space. “It’s been so long that I’ve been here. I just need to do this.” It sounded as if he was voicing his thoughts, instead of telling me. He turned off the engine and unbuckled his seatbelt. “Let’s go,” he climbed out of the car before giving me a chance to respond. I sighed before undoing my seatbelt. I took a deep breath before climbing out of the car. He grabbed the flowers from the back seat of the car, before locking it. I laced my fingers with his, before he started walking down the path.

I know that this was a big thing for him, but it was sort of big for me. It is something really important to Caleb, and he loves me enough to let me be here with him. I don’t really know all the much about his parents. He’s only really mentioned them a few times. He briefly told me about how they died a couple of years ago, and in the hospital when he spoke about them slightly. I want to know about them because they are a big part of his life. But I don’t want to ask him in case he doesn’t want to tell me. But I think now because we’ve got the baby on the way, he should start to tell me about his parents. I don’t want him growing up only know one half of his family. And I know that’s ages away, but it’s still important.

“It’s just over here,” he said turning to his left. I walked behind him as he walked along the small path between the graves. I put my hands into the pockets of my hoody. I had to stop abruptly because I wasn’t looking in front of me. I looked up at him to see him looking at a grave stone. I looked overt o where he was looking and say why we stopped. In front of him was a headstone saying Michael Baker, Elizabeth Baker and their unborn child. I looked back at Caleb who had a blank expression.

“Are you okay?” I asked walking over to his side. He glanced down at me before nodding. He walked over to the grave before crouching down. I took my hands out of my pockets and rested them on my stomach. I watched on as he put the flowers down on the grave. He wiped his eyes with the palms of his hands before standing up. I sat down on the rock behind me, feeling my feet hurt slightly. I didn’t say anything; I just sat there and watched him. I didn’t want to say anything because I want him to have some time to think. He suddenly turned around and smiled slightly.

“I thought you left, it was so quiet.” I smiled as he walked over to me. He sat down beside me, fiddling with his hands.

“How’re you feeling?” I said running my thumb under his eye, wiping away a tear.

“I don’t know actually. I thought I’d be more upset than I am. I miss them, there’s no doubt about that. But I think now that I’ve got you and in a few months we’ll have a son, that part of it has gone. If that makes sense?” He says looking at me. I smiled and nodded at him. “I don’t know, I’m not as upset as I was the last time I came here. I guess I’ve just dealt with it more than I thought I would.” I reached over and laced my fingers with his.

“It’s okay to be upset about it. I don’t think you ever really get over losing someone. But you’ve got a whole new life now Caleb. That’s why you don’t feel as upset. But you’re always going to miss them.” He nodded while playing with a thread lose from the whole in his jeans.

“Listen I was thinking,” he said not looking up at me. “I know it’s a little while away. But I would really like to call the baby Michael, after my dad. And I know you’ve probably got names that you want to call him, but even if it’s like a middle name or something. Its just seeing the grave again made me want to have the name, either first or middle. But I know it’s up to you as well.” I smiled and turned his head to face me.

“I love it, I’m happy with it.” He smiled and kissed my forehead.

“At least we don’t have to talk about it down the line now.” I smiled and moved into his side, while he wrapped his arm around me. “See you when you were in hospital, I was absolutely terrified.” He started to tell me suddenly. “When Lucas told me that you were in a car accident, it was like my parents all over again.” I was surprised when he told me this. I never had the thought that Caleb would find it hard because of his parents. “I don’t think I’ve ever been that terrified.” I rested my head on his arm while rubbing his thigh. “I sort of remember going to the hospital when I was nine. But I’ve tried so hard to forget it. When I went to the hospital for you, it just all came back again. But I found it worse this time. One of the reasons was because I knew you were alive, but you weren’t there, you were unconscious. Sorry if you don’t want to hear this.” I smiled and squeezed his thigh.

“No keep going. You want to talk about it so I want to listen.” He looked at me and smiled.

“That’s basically it really. And I know that you want to know about my past in more detail, but I just think when things have calmed down a bit. Like, we’re going to start getting ready for the baby and then I’ll be going back to work in two months. I’m sorry if that’s not what you want.”

“Caleb, it’s fine honestly. You can tell me when you want to tell me. And it doesn’t really matter anyway. I’ll eventually be stuck sitting down all day anyway.” He laughed and tucked my hair behind me ear. “Just don’t get too worried about it please?” I asked him pulling away from him. “I really don’t want you get worried. Because then I’ll get worried and that’s not good for any of us.” I put my hand on my stomach to emphasis the point. He smiled and put his hand beside mine.

“I promise I won’t,” he smiled and gave me a quick kiss. I jumped slightly when I felt slight fluttering in my stomach.

“Did you feel that?” I asked looking down at my stomach.

“No what?” I smiled as I felt it again.

“You seriously can’t feel that?” I looked up at a frowning Caleb.

“No, is he moving?” I shrugged looking back down.

“I don’t know if it was him or not. It was like a fluttering in my stomach. You know like nervous butterflies?” He smiled slightly and nodded.

“Yeah, but I can’t feel it.” He said slightly upset. “I probably won’t feel it until later anyway.” I smiled, putting my hand over his. “Wish I could feel it though,” I squeezed his hand.

“It’s not even that big of a movement.” He smiled and stood up.

“Shall we go? I’m absolutely starving.” I laughed standing up.

“Are you sure you want to go? Do you not want to stay for a bit longer?” He shook his head, frowning slightly.

“No, I’m ready to leave now. I can always come back during the week if I want to.” I stood on my toes, resting my chin on his shoulder and wrapped my arms around his neck. He wrapped his arms around my waist and hugged me tightly. He took in a deep breath before letting it out. “I really needed this,” he whispered to me. I smiled and placed my face into the crook of his neck. “I love you,” he said before kissing my neck.

“I love you too,” I pulled away so I could place a kiss against his lips.

“Come on,” he pushed me away before holding my hand. “I might even let you go shopping.” I laughed as he headed back over to the car.

“I’m too tired to go shopping. I honestly thought that the further along you get the less energy you’re meant to lose. But I guess not,” he smiled and kissed my temple.

“You will, I just think you need to give it time. The nurse said that going into the third trimester you’ll not feel as tired. But then you’ll have to rest for the last few weeks. You’ll have some energy soon.”

“And when I do I expect you to take me shopping.” He laughed as he reached the car. “I can’t wait to go shopping for baby clothes though. See when we get back, that’s what we’re going to do.” He smiled and opened the door for.

“Okay,” I grinned at him before getting into the car.

I think this week will be easier since we came here. I really hate it when he’s upset about something. But hopefully going out now will help him take his mind off of it.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

839 494 50
Riley Mitchell's tumultuous relationship with Arlo Knight has always been rocky and with the addition of the transfer student, Lain Adler, things are...
605K 11.9K 58
Jess and Jord's relationship, if you could even call it that, is far from perfect. After the stress of the police on their backs bringing them closer...
287K 4.2K 36
There's a new teacher about in your college and you never liked him to begin with. That was until one accidental kiss that changed your perspective...
70.9K 1.9K 34
The past can be haunting. It can be traumatic and for this seventeen year old- life hasn't been on her side. Josie Kingsley had everything, money, ho...