Kadance

De ShelbyWinds

A futuristic society of warrior-class and citizens fighting a war of survival. Kadance encounters and helps t... Mais

Prelude Bandro
Prelude Ship
Prelude Gaia
Prelude High Command
1
2
3
4
4a
5
5a
5b
5c
5d
5e
5f
5g
6
6a
7
7a
7b
7c
7d
8
8a
9
9a
9b
9c
9d
9e
9f
9g
9h
9i
10
10a
10b
11
11a
11b
11c
11d
11e
11f
11g
11h
11i
11j
12
12a
12b
12c
13
14
15
16
16a
17
18
19
19a
20
20a
20b
21
21a
22
23
24
25
25a
26
27
27a
27b
28
28a
29
30
31
32
33
33a
34
34a
35
36
36a
37
38
39
40
40a
41
42
43
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
Bonus Chapter - Tanker

44

121 22 2
De ShelbyWinds

Tanker says gruffly, "Trials over. Sentencing in on those bastards. It's to be carried out tomorrow. They need to know if you want to carry out the sentence."

"No, it will change nothing. I will be there to watch the sentence carried out, but it won't be me wielding the knives," Baron says.

"I'll escort you if you like," Tanker offers.

Baron smiles a real smile, "I'd like that, thank you."

"The team, if not on duty will be going as well. You'll be among friends," Jayse says.

"I thank you all," Baron says shyly.

"Take some advice Jayse, you look like hell. Get some sleep. You'll do no one any good if you fall asleep standing up," Tanker says.

"Just needed to take care of this," Jayse stands up. "Thanks for your help Tanker," he walks to Kadances room.

"How long has he gone without sleep?" Tanker asks.

"He hasn't slept much since Tommy's near death. Sometimes he's gone days without sleep," Kelan says.

"Talk to him. You're the medic. Let Tommy and Borden pick up some of his duties. He's doing no one any good like that," Tanker says irritated.

Kelan shrugs, "I've tried. He won't listen. At least not to me. Now that Tommy is better he can get Jayse to rest. Sometimes. Kadance can sometimes, but the rest of us..." She shrugs again.

"Threaten to sideline him if he doesn't start sleeping," Tanker says.

"Tried that one. He said he's not in the military anymore. I can't sideline him," Kelan says. "Now I'd better get myself off to bed. If you have any other suggestions send them to me. Good night Tanker," Kelan leaves.

"She's tried everything she could think of, she's very frustrated. She was hired to baby sit Kadance, yet has had her hands full dealing with us. Tommy would've died on Camp, came close to dying on Planex. She's top notch, yet can't get Jayse to sleep as he should." Amgle says quietly. "Jayse takes his leadership responsibilities seriously. He modeled himself after you." Then he slips off after Kelan. She lets him in. Tanker stands there thinking.

He comes back to the here and now, "See you tomorrow, good night." They all chorus a good night to him as he leaves.

"What's going on Borden? Tommy is not acting right, Jayse not sleeping," Maren asks quietly.

"I don't know. I just don't know, Maren, and that scares me." Borden staring at the door way to the bedrooms.

The morning goes smoothly no more attacks on Kadance. Baron with her escorts witness the castration and deaths of those responsible for her rapes. They all return to HQ emotionally drained.

"Baron," Kadance says. "You went to see the sentence carried out?"

"Yes, Kadance, you're right. Knowing they're never going to be able to hurt me helps. But their deaths change nothing. Maybe I'll be able to sleep better, but that's all," Baron says sadly.

"You're strong Baron. Not everyone could survive what you did. You have to give yourself time and use the councilor here. It may feel like it doesn't help, but it does I promise."

"Have you thought about what you want to do now? You've been redlined, you can't go back to Intel on Gaia," Kadance asks.

"I know, I can't go back to what I was. I don't know what I'm going to do. I can't return Gaia. Someone or someones are traitors. I'd never be able to sleep there again. I just don't know," Baron says softly.

"We're working on finding the traitor/traitors. But if you want to work for Dunworthy Holdings the job is yours. Whichever planet you want. If it's something different from here or Gaia you'll have to accompany us to Gaia, then we'll send you off to wherever you want," Kadance offers. "If you want work elsewhere we'll reference for you. Just let me know. We're leaving tomorrow morning."

Kadance turns to Lighten, "You have finished debriefing her right?"

"Yes, she's a free agent now," Lighten says.

"If she'd be willing I'd like her to say here," Tanker says coming in. "I want the best security systems. I already know Tommy won't leave Kadance. Baron is the only other I'll even want to consider, what do you say?"

Baron looks at him startled, "You want me to stay here? To work here?"

"If you think you can handle it, yes," Tanker says unequivocally.

"But security has already set up my programs," Baron protests.

"But we need to clean up this company. I need your help to do that," Tanker replies.

"Then you can update the rest of Dunworthy Holdings throughout the Unified Planets. You can remain based here on Luna Two and only travel when troubleshooting problem." Kadance is happy at the idea.

"My things on Gaia..." she starts.

"We'll send them and anything else you want out. Even if I have to redirect another ship to do so," Kadance says.

"Your things are already boxed as evidence. I'll get them released, after I send you a list. We were never sure if anything besides you was taken. A lot of breakables were well broken."

Kadance demands, "Any leads on who else was involved in her abduction?"

Tears well in Baron's eyes. "Some of those things were antiques passed down through my family," She excuses herself and goes to her room.

Tanker says, "Poor kid. She's lost so much."

Kadance demands, "Any leads on who else was involved in her abduction?"

"Some, says she killed one that first night. Pull up all reports of knife deaths at the time of her abduction. Maybe that'll shed some light in this morass," Kadance says thoughtfully.

"Lighten who was in charge of the investigation of her disappearance?" Tommy asks suddenly. Lighten gives him some names. Tommy gets busy with his com, fingers flying. Information comes and goes flicking on the rooms 3D screen too quick to read. Then one piece of information stops.

Jayse moves it to the side. Then another piece of information stays. He moves that below the first piece. As the information comes up Tommy organizes it. He flies through the mountain of information before him. A diagram shows up, then another and another.

"Damn!" Tommy says so angry he throws his knives.

"By all that's holy," Lighten says stunned. "No wonder it went nowhere. At least she killed one of them." Lighten says with satisfaction, "They sold her. Tommy-are there any other conspirators not listed here?"

"If there is my program will find them. A dozen, a full freaking dozen warriors. We've become corrupted," Tommy says savagely.

"Not all of us Tommy, some of us can't tolerate this kind of corruption," Tanker says just as angry as Tommy.

"Tommy, let me look at your hand," Kelan says coolly. "If you're going to play with knives you should learn to not cut yourself."

"The bleeding isn't from my knives Kelan. I broke my comset," he explains, "It retaliated by cutting my hand."

"What's going on," Baron asks, she notices the blood covered knives and Kelan working on Tommy's hand. "I hope it's not more bad news."

"Depends on whether you consider finding out which warrior's participated in your abduction bad news," Kadance says wryly.

Looking at Tommy then the 3D screen, Baron says, "I guess Tommy does."

"Now there's an understatement," Tanker says. He gets up and ushers her to a seat. "He's upset because we found not one or two warriors, but a dozen that are traitors. A ring, some intel, some guards others from other departments. They basically sold you. The one you knifed? He was one of them. He went missing that night. His body found three months later. He was identified though DNA. Those put in charge of your case, they were part of it."

"Tommy I can't act on this until I know we'll get everyone. We can't afford to let any of them escape," Lighten says angrily.

"I don't think there's anyone else linked close enough for us to find. If there's anyone else they're well hidden. Too hidden for me to find quickly. I've downloaded all files. No one can erase them now. Go ahead and round up those cowards," Tommy spits out.

Lighten goes to his comset and talks to Admiral Jannsen. While he's doing that Kadance says, "Amgle run over and get a comset for Tommy," Amgle quickly leaves.

Lighten turns the call to the rooms 3D screen. "So Thompson, Lighten says you've uncovered a nasty piece of corruption at Gaia Warrior Compound. The arrests are being made as we speak. Thank you," the Admiral spies Baron, "we miss you here, Baron. But now we apologize deeply for what's happened. I think it only fair that all assets are yours from them. From the information Tommy compiled their assets are considerable. Maybe not worth as much as Kadance here, but certainly enough you'll never have to work again if you don't wish to. Just remember to continue therapy. Colonel Lighten speaks highly, very highly of your courage and fortitude. Give thought to either donating eggs or having children. I realize you might not want anything to do with men, at least think of donating. And I'm making an ass out of myself.

"We've screwed up. You've paid the price, a price that will forever be a part of you, I'm sorry," Admiral Jannsen ends the call.

"At least he got it right. He made an ass of himself." Tanker says angrily. "Do what you want Baron. Don't let anyone, not me, not Jannsen, not Kadance make your decisions. You go and do what you want."

Baron places her hand on Tanker's shoulder, "Thank you. I appreciate that Tanker." Looking at Kadance she continues, "I'm sorry Kadance, but there's no way I'll be able to return to Gaia anytime soon. They were the ones that raped me first, all of them," she shudders. "I can't go back to where life was good before."

She looks back down at Tanker, "But maybe, with help I can make a good life here after the hell I've lived."

"I'll be at your side as much as you want," Tanker vows, "for whatever you want."

"Thank you," Baron takes a deep breath, "then I accept employment at Dunworthy Holdings as their head of security-electronics."

"Welcome Baron. We're thrilled to have you," Kadance says with a welcoming smile. "Tanker, why don't you take our newest employee around? Have her pick out an office and housing. Here's your account information. Three years of hazard pay, a sign on bonus, is being added right now. When the assets are released to your account it will be very nicely padded. Your accounts back on Gaia will need to be taken care of by you. If you need any help there let me know.

"Now, I have a meet and greet in a few hours, if you feel up to it I'd like you to come. Tanker I want you to come as well. You know many of these people personally. That makes a difference. Have fun," Kadance hands over the information and sends them away.

"She's a whirlwind," Baron whispers to Tanker.

"A force of nature that's for sure," Tanker agrees. "Never met anyone quite like her. Glad I'm not her enemy. But she's good, very good at what she does. There's no one I'd want more in my corner than her and her team. I don't think there's anything her team can't do."

"That I believe," Baron agrees fervently.

Continue lendo

Você também vai gostar

9.6M 311K 70
Wattpad Creator! Happy and proud. HIM: Staying the night? Not my thing. Hearts and flowers? Boring. Falling in love? Not anytime soon. Settling down...
5.6M 198K 72
PREVIOUSLY CALLED "My Coldhearted Beta" Highest Rank #2 in Werewolf (Idk how though) ▪▪▪▪▪ "I , Jake Anderson, reject you Lily Kim as my mate" "...D...
336K 24.5K 73
"You should be careful, love. If I can find out about you, so can they." "I'm sorry, but I don't take advices from c*** s****." "Why don't you come s...
427K 280 22
⚠️ ORIGINALLY TITLED FATAL WAR ⚠️ It has been nearly eighteen years since Kota saved Eirenae. Eighteen years since Eirenae found her voice, broke fr...