Californian Ghoul (A CrankGam...

By jackir30

A young man, born as a Ghoul, must move to California in order to escape hunters that are after him. However... More

One
Two
Three
Four
Five
Six
Seven
Eight
Nine
Ten
Eleven
Twelve
Thirteen
Fourteen
Fifteen
Sixteen
Seventeen
Nineteen
Twenty
Twenty-One
Twenty-Two
Twenty-Three
Twenty-Four
Twenty-Five
Twenty-Six
Twenty-Seven
Twenty-Eight
Twenty-Nine
Thirty
Thirty-One
Thirty-Two
Thirty-Three
Thirty-Four
Thirty-Five
Thirty-Six
Thirty-Seven
Thirty-Eight
Thirty-Nine
Forty
Forty-One
Forty-Two
Forty-Three
Forty-Four

Eighteen

168 20 1
By jackir30

A/N: Made on computer, sorry for weird layout :P

As we headed out of the hotel, I noticed Tyler calling somebody on his phone. 

"Hey Kathryn..." Tyler began.

My heart skipped a beat and I smiled as I heard him say her name. Even though it's only been a few days, I've missed them all a lot!

"It's hard to explain." Tyler continued. "But I just want you and Amy to meet me at the park. You trust me?" There was a moment of silence before he smiled. "Great, I'll see you guys soon. Don't tell Mark."

Tyler then hung up from his phone.

"You don't know how badly I wanted to say something." I said.

"I would've killed you." Tyler joked. "Because you would've ruined the surprise."

I then grew serious. "How do you think they'll react when they see that I'm alive?"

Tyler shrugged. "With them, I'm not sure. But after seeing them yell at Mark for what he's done to you, I'm sure they'll both be relieved to see you alive."

"But won't they be scared of me?" I asked. "Because they now know I'm a ghoul?"

Tyler chuckled, "Trust me, you're nothing compared to other monsters we've seen."

"I'm still nervous though." I stated.

"Don't be." Tyler assured me. "They're going to be happy to see you."

Tyler and I stayed silent the rest of the drive. Even though Tyler assured me everything was going to be okay, my anxiety was still going through the roof. 

Finally, we pulled up to the parking lot area of a park. It had a playground, a few benches and a wooded area behind it. We noticed another car in the parking lot with us. Moments later, Amy and Kathryn came out of the car.

"Stay here." Tyler told me.

"O-Okay." I responded.

Tyler then got out of the car and met up with Amy and Kathryn. I stayed low and watched as they were having a conversation. I could somewhat hear their conversation.

"I don't really know how you guys will react." I could hear Tyler say.

I suddenly noticed Tyler walking over to the car and opening the door. Tyler handed me my crutches and I got out of the car. Their jaws dropped as I went over to them.

"E-Ethan?" Kathryn asked.

I smirked and nodded.

"Dude, Mark beat you senselessly... you were a mangled mess..." Amy explained. "But now, minus the leg, you look just fine..."

"Trust me, I'm still far from fine." I responded.

Kathryn then walked over to me. Suddenly, I felt a stinging sensation across my cheek as she slapped me out of nowhere. Amy and Tyler both had a look of shock in their face. I was also confused.

Then, she suddenly smiled. "That's for not telling us you were a ghoul."

I let out a slight chuckle and she hugged me tightly.

"I still don't understand how you're alive!" Amy said.

"Well, that's where the bad news comes in." Tyler explained. "Brian and his team are back."

Their eyes widened. "You've got to be kidding me." Kathryn responded.

Both Tyler and I shook our heads.

"Then how the hell do we know that Ethan hasn't sided with him?" Amy asked. "That this is all part of some evil scheme."

"I swear, I had no clue about Brian's intentions... until Tyler came and told me." I claimed.

"And does he really have a team?" Kathryn asked.

"I only saw one other ghoul so far." I explained. "And you wouldn't believe it, but it's the same ghoul that we all killed together when I first came here."

"That ghoul is still alive?" Kathryn asked.

"Then who knows how many other ghouls that we've killed are still alive!" Amy exclaimed.

"That's why we have to go and warn Mark... now!" Tyler added.

"But how will we explain Ethan being alive to Mark?" Kathryn asked. "He obviously isn't going to be happy."

"Honestly, that's the least of our concerns at the moment." Tyler responded.

The four of us finally decided to part ways and make our way back to Mark's house.

"So what do you want me to do about Mark?" I asked.

Tyler smirked, "I think I've got an idea..."

-----------------

Mark

I woke up to the sound of my alarm. It was 6:00 in the morning. I slowly made my way out of bed and headed downstairs. As I walked down the hallway, I noticed all the doors still closed with all the lights out. Everybody was still asleep. I then peeked my head into the room where Ethan used to stay. His clothes hanging out of his suitcase at the foot of a bed in an unorganized mess. I sighed. I knew I had to get rid of those clothes soon. It made me actually feel a bit guilty of what I had done. But he was a ghoul. There was no way I could trust a monster like him. I did what I had to do, no matter the cost, and no matter how my friends felt. 

My thoughts were interrupted when I suddenly heard a knocking on the front door. 

Who the hell was at the door at 6:00 in the morning?

I walked down the stairs and over to the front door. 

But suddenly, just as I was opening the door, I felt somebody jump right on top of me, pushing me and pinning me to the ground.

As I opened my eyes, my eyes widened as I saw who was pinning me to the floor.

Ethan.

-----------

Ethan

I knocked on the front door. After a couple minutes passed, Mark finally opened the door. As soon as the door was open wide enough, I hissed and jumped right on top of him. Surprisingly, I had the strength to keep him pinned to the ground. I gave him a reassuring, yet sassy, smile. His eyes widened in surprise as he suddenly realized who it was.

"Miss me?" I asked.

"Wh-What the hell is this?" Mark asked. "I slaughtered the shit out of you!"

"Yeah, well... not good enough to actually kill me." I responded.

"I could kill you right now if I could." Mark remarked. "You can't hold me down forever. When you run out of strength I will kill you."

Tyler, Amy and Kathryn then came over and glared down at him. Mark looked absolutely confused.

"Yeah, we're not gonna let that happen." Tyler assured him.

"What in the hell did you guys do?" Mark asked.

"We'll explain later." Amy responded. "But you have to assure us you're not going to kill Ethan first."

"No promises." Mark responded.

"Promise us that you won't kill Ethan." Amy asked once more.

Mark was silent for a moment, looking at me. Finally, he rolled his eyes.

"Fine..." He sighed.

I looked over at Tyler and he nodded.

I finally let go of Mark and he sat up. He then looked up at us again.

"Who's brilliant idea was it to have him attack me?"

Tyler held out his hand and winked at him, "You're welcome!"

Mark rolled his eyes and grabbed Tyler's hand, Tyler helped him up.

Afterwards, we all went into the living room where we could finally explain everything to Mark.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Wowie! Sorry for the somewhat long chapter. I guess this is two parts? Idk lol.

More to come soon!

Jackir30 :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

23.8K 1.3K 23
In a world where ghouls and humans live together, there will be blood shed and tears. You must be weary of who your friends are.... They could be a...
1.9K 102 14
You were supposed to live a decent life as an average young adult, beginning your Junior year at the best university in your city: Kamii University...
52.3K 2.1K 41
Being a CCG investigator was your dream since you were little. You wanted to be like your parents, to protect the people of Tokyo from monsters who...
79.2K 2.2K 17
In this story we are taken into your life you are a sarcastic,fun loving girl with a bit of a swearing problem not that you care. You are about as no...