This One's For You (An Austin...

By boychoker

"The course of true love never did run smooth." - William Shakespeare. More

Long Time No See: Chapter 1
A Bad Beginning: Chapter 2
The Morning After: Chapter 3
Lure Me Back In: Chapter 4
Preparation: Chapter 5
All the Right Moves: Chapter 6
What The Hell, It's a Start: Chapter 7
It's Been a Long Day: Chapter 8
The Only Thing That Works For Me: Chapter 9
I've Made Up My Mind: Chapter 10
Mittens: Chapter 11
Tell Me Something I Don't Want to Hear: Chapter 12
Feminine Phoenix: Chapter 13
A Problem Leads to Another Problem: Chapter 14
Forgive and Forget: Chapter 15
New Day, New Friends: Chapter 16
Party Planner with Three Cappuccinos: Chapter 17
Surprises and Betrayal: Chapter 18
One More Sleep: Chapter 19
The Beginning of an Adventure: Chapter 20
Teases and Pleases: Chapter 21
New Friends: Chapter 22
Sexual Needs: Chapter 23
Another Day Another Dollar: Chapter 24
Chasing Pavements: Chapter 25
Wear Your Heart on Your Sleeves: Chapter 26
Never Ruin an Apology with an Excuse: Chapter 27
Girl's Day Out: Chapter 28
Never Trust the Dark: Chapter 29
I Need Another Story: Chapter 30
I've Broken My Shell: Chapter 31
These Walls Are Safely Hiding Your Lies: Chapter 32
Revealing Secrets: Chapter 33
Change the Voices in Your Head: Chapter 34
Another Love is Another Place to Stay: Chapter 35
Karma is Just Around the Corner: Chapter 36
The Ending of an Adventure: Chapter 37
And We Can Learn to Love Again: Chapter 38
Swing Life Away: Chapter 39
Let's Go Back to the Start: Chapter 40
We Are the Kids of Yesterday: Chapter 41
Old Friend's Never Leave Your Heart: Chapter 42
Make Up Your Mind or I Will - Part 1: Chapter 43
Make Up Your Mind or I Will - Part 2: Chapter 44
Get Down with the Sickness: Chapter 45
Ongoing Love: Chapter 46
The Past and the Future: Chapter 47
My Happy Ending: Chapter 48
Take a Walk Down Memory Lane with Me: Chapter 49
It Feels like Forever: Chapter 50
What We Aren't Used To: Chapter 51
Every Waking Moment: Chapter 52

Epilogue: Chapter 53

4.6K 152 78
By boychoker

Multimedia: Bella (Whitney) when she dyed her hair. 

I cried writing this. Enjoy.

~2 weeks~

Bella’s Pov:

I woke up feeling miserable this morning. For the past week Austin has been cold-shouldering me and it’s beginning to worry me. Many situations have been running through my mind in these past couple of days. Is he cheating on me? Is he growing sick of me? Did I do something wrong? The questions have remained unknown, mainly because I haven’t built up the courage to ask him what was going on.

“How long are you going to be at the studio for?” I asked as I pulled up the blankets closer to my chest and watched him get dressed in front of the mirror. He didn’t reply, he only continued sliding on his jeans. I sighed a little. “Austin.” I alerted him.

He looked at me through the mirror. “Huh, what?” He seemed a little uninterested.

I rolled my eyes. “Don’t worry about it.” I sighed again and left the bed, walking past him and into the wardrobe.

He shrugged it off and kissed me lightly on the forehead. “I’m off, I’ll see you later.” And with that he disappeared out of my sight.

I don’t know what’s been happening with him lately. A part of me feels like it was my fault Austin was acting like this, but I don’t know what I’m doing. It’s making me feel anxious lately, but I don’t let it get the best of me.

***********

Bella’s Pov:

“So he’s been brushing you off lately?” Alan asked as I wiped the ink off his forearm. I nodded regrettably, knowing that one of my worst nightmares is coming true. “It couldn’t mean anything, Bella. I mean we’ve been really busy on this album lately and maybe it’s just stressing him out.”

I shrugged, not really convinced by Alan’s words. “On Saturday he told me he was doing band stuff but I caught him out with Tally and these two girls.” I sighed. “That’s when we fought but he magically turned into the lovey dovey Austin and somehow lured me back into his arms.” Alan cocked his lips to the side, unsure what to say. “I don’t know what I’m doing wrong, Alan. Has he said anything to you?” I asked curiously, finishing off the sailor girl on his forearm.

“No he hasn’t, but give it a few days, Bel. This week has been very stressful for him, for all of us. We’re putting in a lot of time and work into this new album, it’s not that easy. Just talk to him tonight, okay? What’s the worst that could happen?” I nodded my head, faintly agreeing to what he was telling me.

“I guess, but what am I even supposed to say? Why have you been so off with me lately? Are you cheating on me? Am I doing something wrong?”

Alan nodded his head. “To be able to get the answers you want, you have to be confronting. Confront him, Bella. By the looks of it these unanswered questions seem like they’re killing you. Don’t be afraid, I mean, you’ve known the guy for almost all your life; it’s Austin for god sakes.” His voice was growing defensively and I chuckled.

“Alright Ashby, you got me this time.” He laughed.

“I’m always right.” I rolled my eyes at his words.

I rubbed cream along his forearm and placed my tools down. “You’re done.” I stood up and stretched, my shirt just exposing a slight bit of my stomach.

“How many more clients do you have today?” He asked when I wrapped up his forearm.

“You were the only one today. It was supposed to be my day off but I made an exception for you.” I smirked a little, watching him clasp his chest with both his hands.

“Aw Bella, you didn’t have to.” He said sweetly.

“You begged the whole of yesterday…I did have to.” I eyed him and he laughed.

“Sorry.” He apologized innocently. “I’ll take you out for some ice-cream as an apology.” His grin was cheesy. The look on his face wouldn’t allow me to decline the offer, and free ice-cream? How could I say no?

“Lead the way, Ashby.”

**************

Bella’s Pov:

Alan and I had talked for hours down at Santa Monica pier. We talked about everything and anything that was in our thoughts; we just let everything out, both good and bad. That’s one of the many reasons why I loved Alan. Sometimes you can’t just take advice from the same gender constantly, you need a little bit of both, and Alan was the person who was always there for that. We talked for so long that the day had reached dawn, sprinkling down with darkness.

I pulled up into the driveway, noticing Austin’s car was already here. Well, this is it; confrontation, like Alan had told me. I took a deep breath and unlocked the door, walking in to the already-warm house and dumped my belongings onto the table. “Austin?” I yelled out, hoping to hear a welcoming ‘hello’, but as I expected, there was no response.

I sighed and walked upstairs to the bedroom, slouching my way upstairs. “Up here!” I heard him yell out. A confused expression plastered my face, wondering where on earth he could be.

“Where are you?” I searched around the rooms upstairs, not until a door swung open.

“Here.” He smiled warmly. “Come up.” He jogged up the stairs that led to the roof. I shrugged my shoulders and followed right behind him.

When I reached the top the first thing I noticed was the incredible view, observing the bright streets of Los Angeles. “What are we doing up here?” I asked, my sight still directed at the view; I couldn’t believe how amazing it looked.

“Felt like eating dinner here.” He shrugged and patted down to the spot next to him. When I looked down I realised he had set up a picnic-like area, having a blanket on the floor with a bag full of food.

I walked over slowly and sat in the spot directly next to him. “I hardly come up here so I thought we should have spent this night out.” His sight never once looked at me.

I chuckled quietly. “I didn’t even know you had a roof that was accessible.” He kept pulling out containers of food. “It’s nice up here though. I love the view.” I saw a small smile play at his lips from the corner of my eyes.

“Thought you would.” He looked up at me and handed me a container full of take-away food. “Here.” He smiled.

I took it out of his hand cautiously, wondering why he was acting like this. I mean this morning he made it clear that he was annoyed with something or someone and now he’s a hopeless romantic. “Thanks…” I set it onto my lap, both of us digging into the hot, steamy food.

It was quiet, too quiet. The only noise that was audible was the sounds of cars driving by and the sounds of people talking. “How was studio today?” This was the one question I would constantly ask him for the past two weeks seeing that he spent most of his days there, it was the only thing we could practically talk about.  

“It was good. We got a lot done, and I mean a lot.” He said proudly.

“Well, that’s good.” I said sweetly.

“You’ve got to pop in one day and check it out. This album is going to be our biggest one so far, I just know it.” He seemed like he was really serious and confident about this new album.

“I will, of course.” He smiled.

“And work, how has it been?” He carried on with the conversation, both of us still eating away.

“It’s been normal. Lots of my clients have been spreading the word about me so my reputation is becoming more noticeable.” 

“That’s rewarding.” He seemed pleased.

“Also Alan has been buying me free food lately, that’s pretty rewarding as well.” My words caused Austin to laugh, to actually laugh. I haven’t heard it in a while, which is pretty upsetting to be honest. I sighed when I thought over about what Alan had told me today. Confrontation. I repeated the word over and over in my head, attempting to muster up the strength to talk to him. I have to face him sooner or later. “Austin…” I said quietly.

“Mhmm?” He hummed.

“What’s been happening lately?” There it goes, the one question that’s been floating around my thoughts for the past two weeks, and I’ve finally let it out. “I mean, you’re acting two sided. One moment you brush me off then the next you act like nothing’s happened.” I felt my heart beat faster and faster, anxiety finally sinking in. “Am I doing something that’s bothering you?” I was being completely and utterly honest, allowing all my thoughts to flow freely out my mouth.

He chuckled silently. “Nothing is happening. You’re not doing anything that’s bothering me. I’ve just been a little stressed lately, you know?” He leaned over to the side and reached out for the box of food.

“But you seem like you enjoy other people’s presence and not mine…” I retaliated softly.

He kept fumbling around in the box, seeming like he was searching around for a certain something. “It’s nothing, I promise.” I sighed at his response. He didn’t answer me properly. It’s like he’s trying to brush off this subject. “Oh  crap.” I heard him sigh. “I left the wine bottle and glass downstairs. Can you please you get it while I pack up these containers?” His voice changed into a sweeter tone.

I rolled my eyes and stormed off, surprisingly doing what he said. Something’s definitely going on. I obviously don’t know what it is but I will find out. It was just a massive mood change ever since last week, and now he’s acting all suspicious. I can feel that he’s hiding something from me, and right now I’m not going to mope around acting like it’s all my fault; I’m going to find out myself.

By the time I reached the kitchen I noticed two wine glasses sitting on the kitchen counter but no wine bottle. I opened the fridge but nothing. “Austin where’s the wine bottle?” I yelled aloud, trying to reach my voice all the way upstairs. I waited for a few seconds but no response. I took a quick search around the kitchen but still couldn’t find any wine bottle so I shrugged it off and walked back upstairs.

I pushed open the door. “I can’t find the wine bottle any-” I stopped dead in my tracks when Austin was in my sight. He was standing in front of me but a few metres down, the original spot where we were sitting before. I spotted the wine bottle; it was on the ground in front of Austin’s feet. I looked up at him, confused, and watched him stare at me. “What…what’s all of this?” I stepped a foot closer and allowed the door to slam shut behind me.

“Monday, 1st of September, 2003. You were the new sophomore at my school. You were shy, quiet and mysterious, but something about you wouldn’t let me look away from the moment we made eye to eye contact. The moment you helped me in the hallway was the moment I wanted to know you, to know what’s inside that head of yours. It took me days to build up the courage to talk to you, just to say hi and eventually I did. From that day forward, things escalated.” I looked at him confusedly.

“What…what’s going on?” He cut me off quickly.

“Each day we became closer, and soon enough we were best friends. We knew everything and anything we needed to know about each other. You were born on the 5th of April, 1989, you absolutely love waffle pieces, you’re obsessed with poetry, you can’t stand fake and superficial people, your favourite colour is black, which is odd because it doesn’t connect to your personality at all, you hate asparagus, you perk up when I randomly take your picture, you own a pac man mug which you always fill it up with tea, spearmint tea to be exact; I could go on forever.” A small smile appeared at my lips. 

“We fell in love, despite our differences, and once we did, something rare and beautiful was created. For me, love, and I’m talking about true love, only happens once, and that’s why every minute we spent together has been seared into my memory. I’ll never forget a single moment of it. We’ve been side by side through thick and thin, we’ve helped each other get through rough patches, and we’ve loved each other, even the darkest corners in our minds.” He paused momentarily. “But, I destroyed all of that. I ripped apart our relationship, our friendship, our connection, all because I couldn’t face my problems.”

“Years later I bumped into you. What was that quote you told me in high school? The one you were obsessed about?” And instantly I knew what he was going to say. “Important encounters are planned by the souls long before the bodies see each other.” My lips synced with his. I was shocked that he even remembered. “We were meant to bump into each other, and there wasn’t a single moment where I wasn’t grateful for that.” 

Austin paused for a second and walked closer towards me.

“Let’s spend our week nights eating cereal on the floor when there is a perfectly fine table behind us. We can go to the movies and sit in the back row just to make out like little kids falling in love for the first time. We’ll paint the rooms of our house and get more paint on us than the walls. We can hold hands and go to parties we end up ditching to drink wine out of the bottle in a bath tub. And slow dance with me in our bedroom with an unmade bed and clothes scattered all over the floor.”

He paused again and took a step towards me, now only being a metre apart.

“I want to spend every waking moment of my life with you. You are my best friend as well as my love, and I don’t know which side of you I enjoy the most. I treasure each side, just as I have treasured our life together. I love you. I am who I am because of you. You are every reason, every hope, and every dream I’ve ever had, and no matter what happens to us in the future, every day we are together is the greatest day of my life. I want to always be yours.”

He took a deep breath and kneeled down onto one knee.

“Isabelle Grace Develle.”

Immediately I gasped and shot my hands up to my mouth, absolutely astonished by the scene.

“Will you marry me?”

__________________

Well I finally finished. I hope this wasn't a lame ending. 

Oh my god I don't even know what to say. After months and months, I've FINALLY finished this book. Endings are always so emotional. I want to thank EVERYONE who has been reading, voting and giving me awesome feedback. If it wasn't for your support I honestly would have stopped ages ago. And I still can't believe my story ended up with 49k reads! 

I want to personally thank M4TT_K3AN, deathbre4th, fvllenstars, AskingCarlile, eileensalgado and beingasthehorizon for sticking around from the very beginning till now. 

I have loved and enjoyed writing every bit of this story. When I first started it I never would have thought it would have this many readers so once again thank you to all, it means the WORLD to me for having this much support. 

Bella and Austin's story is nowhere near over, it's only just begun. I will be putting up a sequel, not sure when but hopefully soon.

Thank you once again, I LOVE YOU ALL! <3

 Update: 'When I Break Through (Sequel)' is now up! 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

11.1K 445 39
"I would never date you in a million years" "Good job it's all fake then isn't it?"
12.3K 796 22
•°•||Can you love an angel...and change her way to hell or..will you fall with temptation and let her led you to heaven...||•°• ∆||The course of true...
25.5K 864 24
Alan and Austin were the classic love story. Everyone knew it but them. Life was wonderful three days after they started dating, until Austin got him...
205K 13.5K 45
Disclaimer: The pictures used do not belong to me. I give full credit to the respective owners.