The Crystal Style User ( A Ne...

By seth209knight

Michigo Kagami is 13 and the last of her clan and the only one to have survived. Since she was the last of he... More

A/N
chapter 1 The Leaf Village
chapter 2 Team 8
chapter 3 True Strength
chapter 4 Team 3
chapter 5
chapter 6 The unknown vistor
chapter 7 Lady Hokage
Chapter 8
Chapter 9 Jealousy
chapter 10
chapter 11 Almira the Summoning Animal
Chapter 12 A New Type of Training
chapter 13 promotion
chapter14 jounin written exam
chapter 15
chapter 16 Back Home
chapter 17 Team 5
Chapter 18 Friend or Enemy?
chapter 19 Testing His Limits
chapter 20 Confessions and Betrayal
Chapter 21 Tears
chapter 22 Encounter
chapter 23 Sasuke's Leaving
chapter 24 Good News
chapter 25 Joint Training
chapter 26 Invasion
chapter 27 At Death's Door Once Again
chapter 28 Traitors?
chapter 29 Mission to the Land of Birds
chapter 30
chapter 31 Feelings
chapter 32 The Kiss
chapter 33
chapter 34 Actions Speak Louder Than Words
chapter 35 She's Back
chapter 36
chapter 37 True Fear
chapter 38 Entity
chapter 39
chapter 40
A/N

Jounin Exams PART2 one on one combat

462 14 2
By seth209knight

It's been a couple of since the jounin written test and I'm happy to say that I passed. I didn't pass with flying colors but I definitely did better then barely. I did an ok job.

I was about the walk out my door with Almira in tow. It was almost 8 in the morning. Guy sensei and the rest of the village knows by now that I'm taking these exams. Well who wouldn't? I'm just a genin here. Well I'm genin here but on jounin level but only my team and the hokage knew that. So of course everyone is at the training grounds waiting for me to show. Even the hokage is there.

Ill be going up against Asuma sensei first. After that, if I pass, is Kurenai sensei. Lastly will be Guy sensei. He is last because he will be tougher to beat. Considering my taijutsu isn't at its strongest.

However I'm pretty good with ninjutsu and I can see genjutsu a mile away. So the first two tests will be easy to beat. Guy sensei I'm iffy on. I don't know if I can beat him.

"Michigo. You ready?" Almira asked me as we locked up my apartment. I gave a shaky nod. Although I knew she didn't believe me.
She can see right through me.

"As ready as I'll ever be." I said as we started for the training grounds.

"Lets go. Remember your training. Asuma is a wind and fire style user. You have reason to believe his wind style is better and stronger then yours. Remember your water style and crystal style. You can conquer his fire style with your water style but water style wont do you much good because you're not near any water. Unless you lure him near some water." Almira was coaching me as much as she could before we got there because as soon as we did she would have go off to the side. Then I'm on my own.

"Right." I nodded. Thinking back to try and form a plan. However I never seen Asuma sensei or Kurenai sensei in battle so I had no idea of there fighting style. I however did see Lee's jutsu. I have to assume it's near the same as Guy sensei's, considering they are both taijutsu users. However Guy sensei is a master of taijutsu.

"What about Kurenai sensei?" I asked nervously as we continued walked.

"Your good with genjutsu but you have to assume she's no ordinary genjutsu user. She's a jounin. You have to assume she has many tricks up her sleeve. So stay on your guard." She said seriously as looked up at me. "Also let them make the first move. Try and figure out there jutsu first. Don't make any sudden moves. You don't know what they can do or how powerful they are. As for Guy you have to use your poison blades. That's the only thing that might have any effect on him. He is a lot stronger then you. Crystal style might not work but try that first." She said as we got to the training grounds. I was definitely nervous. That much was obvious.

I saw everyone there. Kakashi sensei and his team along with my team and the other teams. Team 8 and team 10. 

"What if my poison blades don't work? He is a lot faster than me. What then?" I asked glancing around at everyone. Seeing all there judging eyes on me only made me more nervous. I tried my hardest not to show it. Though I'm sure Neji can see through my fascade. 

"So? Is the hokage going to show up or do we start without her?" I asked trying to stall as much time as I could. I clenched my fists down at my side to try and hide my shaking nerves. I did not need Tenten or Kiba know how scared and nervous I was. They would never let me live it down. 

"I'm right here and you can start when you're ready." I heard her voice coming from behind me. I jumped as I was not expecting her to come so quickly. I must've been losing my touch because I should've heard her but I didn't. Was I really that nervous? I must be. 

"Alright I'm ready when you are." I said with as much confidence I had. Which was very little but I had put up a front and tried my best to sound confident, hoping it bypassed everyone.

"Alright then. Everyone off to the side lines." She commanded in a loud voice. She started for the trees to hide from sight as did everyone else. Everyone except Asuma sensei. 

"Alright then. You ready?" He asked in a kind voice as he put out his cigarette. He quickly withdrew his chakra blades and got in his fighting stance as did I. I took a quick glance around the field looking for Almira but she wasn't in sight either. She must've hid with the others. Surveying my movements and picking up my faults and weaknesses. 

" Don't take your eyes off your opponent." Asuma sensei coached as he swung his chakra blade at me. 

I ducked in order to not get hit putting my hands up in front of my face in defence.

That was a close one. He's fast but it seems he's only using taijutsu for now. I really have to watch out for those chakra blades. If I don't fight with the intent to kill I won't be able to defeat him. It seems like he's using the same plan.

I took out two kunai and started to defend against his chakra blades. I quickly rendered that useless as he was slicing right through them. 

There must some technique he's using because no normal blade can do that. Unless he's using his chakra in the blade to sharpen it.

I jumped back so I could use my ninjutsu instead of my taijutsu because if I get hit by those blades it would be the end for me. So long range it is. 

"Wind style: drilling air bullets!" I yelled as I kept spit out blasts of sharp air at him hoping to hit him. He was jumping  and dodging my jutsu with ease. 

Damn it! 

"Wind style burning ash!" He yelled as he blew a huge cloud of ash towards me.

Oh shit! I cant get caught in that!

"Wind style: great slashing Tornado!" I yelled dispersing the ash away from me. I wiped my brow in relief. 

Time for my crystal style. I have to finish this. I hope my crystal style is strong enough. 

"Crystal style: shuriken wild dance!" I yelled as I started waving my arms around me throwing crystal snowflake shuriken at him. A couple of them got through his defenses and sliced up his face. "Crimson fruit!" 

He dodged it before it could entrap him. 

Damn it! 

"Wind style dust storm!" He yelled. There was a massive dust storm heading straight for me. My only choice was to use my crystal prison and entrap me inside so it wont hit. 

"Crystal style pentagonal prison!" I yelled as it started form around me. I made it just in time before it hit. I waited for the dust to disperse before releasing my jutsu and going on the defensive. 

Once it was gone and I was out of my prison I immediately went on the defensive. 

"Crystal style growing crystal thorns!" I made my crystals grow out from all over the field in a tight bind so there was absolutely no wear he could go to escape my jutsu. I quickly learned that his chakra blades rendered useless under my crystal style.

"Alright you got me. You pass onto the next test. Congratulations." He said with a smile. I released my jutsu so he wasn't constricted anymore. I bowed and thanked him. That battle took longer than I thought. Almost two hours.

"Alright next up is Kurenai. Good luck." He said as he put away his chakra blades and popped a cigar in his mouth and moved out of sight as Kurenai walked out onto the field. I sighed heavily. I was extremely exhausted from that last fight but I guess they wouldn't let me take a break. Considering your enemy wouldn't allow that either. So I had to just suck it up.

"Alright then." I said posing in defense. I didn't bring out any weapons. Used only my hands. She was a genjutsu specialist. I wouldn't need anything but my eyes. All I had to do was not get trapped in her genjutsu and I'm home free. 

All of a sudden I saw her disappear into the ground. I immediately started to panic. I wasn't a sensory type. I couldn't figure out where she was going to end up.

Alright calm down. Where would your enemy strike.

I closed my eyes tightly and thought quickly. 

Behind me!  

I yelled out and turned around quickly and jumped back. I sighed in relief thinking I was good when suddenly a tree started to form around me. 

"What the?! I thought I had you!" I struggled and struggled trying to get out of its trap. 

"That's exactly what I wanted you to think. You fell prey right into my trap." She started to rise out from the top of the tree above me with a kunai in hand.

Oh shit!

"My hands are bound. I can't undo this damned jutsu!" I was struggling hard trying to get out of the jutsu before she reached me because once she had I lost or supposedly dead.

It took her seconds to reach me. She held the kunai to my neck waiting for me to give up. I gave in to her knowing it was useless. 

"Man that only took thirty minutes." I said defeated as she undid her jutsu.

"It seems you're not a genjutsu type. You aren't ready to become a jounin. As for the test results that will be for Lady Tsunade to decide." She told me strictly as she dusted herself off. She hadn't even worked up a sweat. While I was panting heavily. 

"Michigo." I heard the hokage yell my name as she started out of the forest. 

"Yes lady hokage?" I answered as I ran tiredly over to her not wanting to keep her waiting. As I quickly learned of her monster strength. 

"You've been demoted back to genin. Seems you still need work. You will train with Team 3 until the chunin exams. When Guy thinks you're ready for them you will take them along the rest of your team. Is that understood?" She was dead serious and it seemed a little disappointed. I bowed to her and answered a yes. 

I waited for her to dismiss me for the day as it was noon. 

"Guy. Michigo will continue her training with you. Starting tomorrow." She said before nodding to me and walking away with the other jounin. Seems like everyone got the rest of the day off. I only sighed in relief as I was hungry and exhausted. 

"Michigo! I said to keep your guard up! What happened back there?!" Amira growled out at me angrily. I shook my head not knowing what to say. I didn't want to anger her even more. She thought I could make it and I let her down. 

"We need to work on your genjutsu skills it seems." Almira said mainly to herself.

"I think you did great." Lee said coming up beside me followed by the rest the rookies. Kiba and Tenten just smirked at me. They weren't going to let me live this one down. 

"You did your best." Neji said smiling at me softly. He made my heart skip a beat every time he did that. 

"Come on you must be tired." Neji said taking my hand in his and pulled my along. 

"Where are we going?" I asked softly. I was nervous around him. I heard him chuckle and shake his head. So he wasn't going to tell me. 

"My house is the other way Neji. Seriously where are you taking me?" I asked once more. Seen as we passed the forest where we had spent the night in the meadow. So it couldn't be there. 

"We are going to the Hyuuga compound." He said without looking at me. My face flushed a thousand shades of red right then. 

"W-w-we ar-r-re?" I stuttered. He turned to face me with a soft and gentle smile on his face making my heart beat even faster. He nodded as he chuckled softly.

Once we reached the Hyuuga compound we entered and he lead me straight to his room. We had taken our shoes off at the door so we wouldn't track in dirt and it was traditional. 

"Get in." He said gently as he pointed to his bed as he closed the door behind me. 

"Al-lright." I stuttered. I didn't realize how tired I was until my head hit his pillow. He climbed in next to me and pulled me up onto his chest as he covered us both with the blankets. 

"Shh... You can sleep now princess." My heart practically stopped as I drew in a sharp breath. If he heard my nervousness he didn't comment and for that I was grateful. I got comfortable next to him. Head on his chest and my hand wrapped around him. I noticed just then he took off his top and his chest was bare. Making me blush even more. 

He slowly rubbed my shoulders noticing how nervous he was making me. His left hand wrapped around me on my waist and his right hand rubbing my shoulder calming me. He was trying to put me to sleep. He knew how exhausted I was from the fights with the two jounin. 

Yes even though it was noon I finally fell asleep. I didn't get much last night so that added to my tiredness. 

"Sleep now." I heard Neji whisper into my hair as he gently kissed the top of my head. I smiled before falling asleep next to him. 

I just hoped he would continue being this gentle and nice to me. I liked this Neji. I just hoped he wouldn't switch back to the other Neji. It would hurt more now than it did before because I was falling for Neji and hard. Too fast for my comfort but I couldn't help it. The heart wanted what it wanted. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.7K 467 74
After a major mission went horribly wrong, the Leaf shinobi were ordered to retreat and abandon those left behind, even if it meant leaving teammates...
211K 6.6K 22
[COMPLETED] Mikazuki Hatake lost her family when she was 6 years old, only to gain another one. And his name was Kakashi Hatake Now 13 and about to b...
71.5K 1.2K 52
You're the daughter of kakashi hatake. Everything was good and fine in your life, nothing new until your dad decides he wants you to meet his team...
34.3K 1.1K 25
DISCLAIMER -> TAKE THE FANFIC LIGHTLY ! writing this after a year (?) or two. THIS IS my first fanfiction, i never post my stuff but since i wrote th...