Reality check (Complete)

By Lips1ikesugar

Alicia has been in a Coma for the last 12 months following a deathly car accident , when she wakes up she rea... More

Prologue
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter three
Chapter four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seveteen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Ninteen
Chapter Twenty [Finale]
Sequel ?

Chapter Eight

100 1 0
By Lips1ikesugar

A/N: This is short but, my mind was completely blank, and this is like a filler chapter! So yeahh!

Oh, btw i might add videos to side which either relate to the chapter, or are just some nice songs i'd like you to hear!

And i still want your opinion wheather i should add a cast or not ?!?!

Let me know what you think, vote/like and maybe become a fan ;)

_____________________________________________________________________

Chapter Eight

Smiling brightly, we all chattered about how much of a good job we did. Honestly, I was pretty happy. I didn't know that I would crave an audience as much as I did now.

All of a sudden, there was squealing as Andrea came running towards us, Harvey lagging behind.

"Oh my gosh! You guys were so good! I would've never been able to dance as well as you!" She gushed.

"You can't dance, period." I muttered.

"What was that, Alicia?" Andrea asked innocently. I could tell from her eyes that she had heard me loud and clear.

I hacked a cough. "Nothing. Nothing at all."

Finally, Harvey seemed to catch up to us.

"Man," he directed his attention to Steve and Mr. Peterson, "I never knew you guys would dance to such a girly song. But I guess I can't be too surprised knowing that it was Peterson."

Leaving the group of guys, I walked over the Janice who was being embraced by Andrea.

"Oh my goodness! You are the best! So awesome!"

"Thanks!" Janice said happily, hugging Andrea back.

I rolled my eyes. How could she not see how evil that cow was?

Andrea sent a sneer my way which unfortunately went undetected by Janice. I then felt Janice latch onto my elbow.

"Come on. Let's get into our normal clothing and get ready for lunch. We have to perform again in the afternoon for the freshmen and sophomores."

I nodded as we both walked towards the washrooms and got our own stall. Changing back to my comfortable jeans and t-shirt, I was ready to get comfortable for the rest of the day.

"Hey, Jan. I'll meet you in the cafeteria." I called out as I was leaving the washroom.

"Kays!" She replied.

Smiling to myself, I stepped out into an empty hallway.

Walking towards my locker to get my lunch, I noticed Harvey walking around. Gah. What was with these lonely encounters between us?

Trying to brush past him, I heard his deep voice say something.

"Hey."

Did he just acknowledge my existence?

I swiveled around to look at him.

"Um…are you feeling okay?" Harvey raised an eyebrow and I continued. "Why are you talking to me?"

"So now I'm not allowed to talk to you?"

I started fumbling. "No! Of course not! That's what I meant! I mean, um…" I felt a blush creeping up on my cheeks. "It's just that…you usually just glare or ignore me."

"Whatever. I just wanted to say that I saw you perform today."

I gulped, but Harvey didn't stop speaking.

"You were pretty good…for an amateur." He smirked at me.

"Th-that's nice…" I squeaked.

"Right. So here." He handed me a small slip of paper with an address scrawled on it with neat writing.

"What's this?" I asked curiously.

"It's my home address. Meet me on the Monday of Winter break at about one in the afternoon and we can get started."

"…Why am I going to your house?"

Harvey sighed loudly.

"You said you needed a piano teacher, didn't you?"

I widened my eyes in amazement.

"Re-really…?"

"Look. I was wrong about you not being talented, okay? If you really need my help…then I guess…"

Before he could finish his sentence, I ran up to him and gave him a hug.

"OH! THANK YOU! THANK YOU SO MUCH! YOU'RE THE BEST!"

I could feel him stiffen under my touch. I quickly backed away, coming to my senses.

"Oops. Sorry!"

"Right. Just…don't do that again."

"I promise!" I smiled brightly at him. "Thank you!"

I waved and rushed off to meet Janice in the cafeteria. This was amazing news.

Entering the cafeteria, I then remembered that in all my excitement, I had forgotten to retrieve my lunch. Whatever. It didn't matter. I had found a piano teacher and probably the best one too!

Spotting Janice and Steve sitting at our usual table, I raced up to them. As I got closer, I could see that Steve had a sort of embarrassed look on his face. Completely ignoring this observation, I pulled Janice up.

"I HAVE TO TALK TO YOU!"

I pulled her out of the cafeteria and cornered her in the hallway. Janice gave me a quizzical look.

"Harvey said he'd be my teacher!" I squealed happily.

Janice smiled. "Really? That's great!"

My smile slowly began to leave my face. Janice seemed to be looking through the window back inside the cafeteria every few seconds.

"Hey, Jan. What's wrong?"

"Huh?" She whipped her head around to me.

"Well…you seem a bit distracted."

"Oh! It's nothing. It's just that Steve said he had something to tell me and yeah…"

Realization hit me as a sly smile crept onto my features.

"Janice…do you like Steve?"

"Huh?"

I repeated the question and finally got an answer.

"Of course I like Steve! I mean, we've known each other since we were little. We're real close."

"No. I mean as in like like him."

Janice blushed.

"I KNEW IT!" I told her. "I knew there was something going on between you guys. Did you tell him?"

"Wha? No! I can't!" Janice rushed out. "I mean…not yet. I'm not even sure if he feels the same way."

"But he said he wanted to tell you something." I reminded her.

Janice shook her head. "It's probably not that important."

I stared blankly at Janice. I suddenly got an idea.

"Uhh…Alicia? Are you alright?"

"I just remembered…I forgot to get a cookie from my mom…"

"What?"

"I'll get going now."

"NO!" I could tell Janice was nervous being alone with Steve after what I told her. "Um...I'll give you a cookie!"

I opened the cafeteria door and pushed Janice in.

"Argh! No, damn it! You can't do this to me!"

I let the door close and sped off towards the school kitchen. Yes, I was actually going to buy a cookie.

After purchasing my rainbow cookie, I bit into it happily in the hallway. I snickered to myself, wondering what Steve and Janice were doing right now.

I wandered around a bit more until heard someone singing.

"If I could fall

Into the sky

Do you think time

Would pass us by

'Cause you know I'd walk

A thousand miles

If I could

Just see you..."

It was the same song I had sang at Frost Fest, except it was being butchered. The singing was horrible! Sliding down the hallway, I found that the singing was coming from the music room. Standing at the door, I watched in surprise.

A familiar red head stood near a music stand, trying to sing the lyrics.

Andrea stopped singing and smiled wickedly to herself. She was still oblivious to the fact that I was watching her.

"There." She said. "That should impress Harvey."

I stifled a laugh. Who was she kidding? She sounded like a dying pig.

She started putting her books away turning towards the door and my heart beat fast. Looking for a place to hide, I jumped behind the teacher's desk and crouched down on the ground.

Scanning the room to make sure no one saw her, Andrea slowly walked out the door; partially dancing on her way out.

As soon as she as out of ear shot, I started laughing my head off, sprawled on the floor.

An epic fail right there. Oh well. She was going to embarrass herself in front of Harvey and honestly, she deserved it.

Getting up, I exited the room, heading back to the cafeteria. Once inside, I found Janice and Steve still sitting at the table quietly. I frowned and walked over to them, plopping down beside Janice.

"Hey, guys," I greeted.

Both of them looked at me expectedly. I guess they wanted me to kill the awkward moment or something. Before I could open my mouth, I was interrupted by another announcement, telling everyone that the second performance of Frost Fest would begin shortly.

Sighing, we all got up and started to get ready backstage. The cafeteria vacated of any stray students and began slowly filling up with the younger students.

Thankfully, the second time we performed, it went perfectly once more. We got another loud applause and the dancing went well also. Soon, I found myself at home, lounging on the living room couch. My mother was working late that day so I had the house to myself.

The shrill sound of the phone interrupted my shows. Reluctantly, I got up and picked up the phone.

"Hello?"

"It's me."

I widened my eyes considerably; immediately recognizing the voice on the other end. Why was this person calling me?

"What do you want?"

"We need to talk about something important."

Continue Reading