Prologue

(This story is currently being edited as of 12.04.13)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Prologue

The shrill sound of the school bell rang through out the halls of Firestone High school. I rubbed my eyes, having slept throughout the entire lecture my teacher had given. Finally...school was done!

I got up from my seat and slung my backpack over my shoulder. I then walked out of the classroom and into the hallway to meet my best friend, Janet.

Janet smiled brightly at me, her curly black hair bouncing.

"It's about time!" She exclaimed as we started walking towards our lockers together.

"I fell asleep in class again," I said with a huge grin planted on my face, I'm lazy and I boy do I know it

"Typical," Janet eyed me knowingly.

"So what do you plan on doing this weekend?" I inquired, whilst looking at Janet briefly and saw her sporting a frown.

"I doubt my family's going to be doing anything special. That reminds me. Oh my god. My brother, Jason, is so annoying!"

I laughed. Janet would always complain about her older brother. Still, I decided to listen.

"What happened now?"

Janet rolled her eyes.

"He's trying to play the piano. Ugh, he's horrible! Can't even reach an octave!"

I shook my head and grinned. Janet was the master at piano. I felt sorry for Jason though, Janet was harsh when it came to voicing her opinion.

Suddenly, there was a deep voice behind us.

"Hey."

Janet and I both turned around to see one of our other best friends, Harvey. I smiled brightly at him.

"Hey, Harvey's makes your hamburger a beautiful thing," I laughed, singing the last part. This caused Harvey to laugh as well. I would always tease him a bit about his name.

Unbeknownst to us, Janet was watching our little exchange. She suddenly got a funny glint in her eye.

"Anyways, I'll see you guys around," she waved and turned around to leave.

"Where are you going?" Harvey asked.

"I've got to get home," she started walking again, but looked over her shoulder. "And besides, it's best that I leave you and Alicia alone." She gave a little wink and ran off.

I widened my eyes in disbelief. Damn it! Janet always had to make things awkward!

I gave a quick glance at Harvey to see he was looking at his feet. I smiled. I don't know what it was about him. Maybe it was the way he made me laugh, or the way he was always there for me. He was such a loyal friend. Harvey just always made me feel...

I couldn't really describe it. I know that some day, I'd have to tell him. I choose later.

....

"So," I said breaking the silence. My mind raced for anything intelligent to say, but I couldn't form a complete sentence even in my head.

I bit my lip and nervously looked up to see Harvey staring back at me.

"I guess...I'll see you later?" He grinned.

"Sure. Later!" I called out to him while he started walking away. I was about to turn around and walk away too until Harvey called out again.

"Alicia!" He said.

"Yeah?" I perked up. ?

"Let's mug Janet on Monday."

"You bet!" We both laughed and continued on our way.

Sometimes, I found my life absolutely perfect.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Edited 12/04/2013

If there are still some errors let me know :)