Chapter four

Chapter Four:

"What did you just say?" I asked her again, even though I fully well heard her the first time.

"Ask Harvey?" Janice raised an eyebrow.

I grimaced.

"…ARE YOU CRAZY? HAVE YOU BEEN LISTENING TO THE WORDS THAT HAVE BEEN COMING OUT OF MY MOUTH FOR THE PAST TWO PERIODS?"

"Eh?"

I slapped a hand to my forehead.

"Janice. Harvey hates me."

"No he doesn't!"

I crossed my arms across my chest.

"Okay, so maybe he sort of dislikes you," Janice admitted, "but maybe it was because of that thing you said about his name. I'm sure if you just apologize, he'll forget about it."

"But he's so scary!" I whined.

"Once you get to know him, he's a big softie. Don't worry!"

"If I try to get near him, he'll probably bash my face in." I muttered.

"Nah. He usually aims for the gut."

I widened my eyes in horror. Janice seemed to sense this and bit her lip.

"Hey! I didn't mean it that way! Come on, Alicia!"

At that moment, the bell rang, signaling the end of school.

"I'll see you later, Janice." I waved.

Janice watched me walk away, concern in her eyes. I seriously hated my life so far.

The cold bit my face as I walked out of the school, backpack on my shoulders. I kept worrying about my music. There were only two more weeks left until winter break and I had to find a music teacher by then!

Stupid Harvey! Arghhh. He was making my life so difficult. Why did he have to look so much like the Harvey in my coma? That Harvey was so much more nicer!

I kicked a piece of ice across the sidewalk as I started walking across the pavement of the school. It was so cold and the snow was falling. I wanted to get home as soon as possible.

Feeling a sudden urgency to get home, I started speed walking.

Let me give all of you out there a little tip.

Never EVER run in the snow. You know why? You can fall, get hurt, and end up looking like an idiot. And even worse, drag another person down with you. That's exactly what happened to me.

Running down the icy pavement, my foot suddenly slipped. I did what most humans would do. Reach out and try to grab something. And something seemed to be in arms length of me, so I did what any one would have. I grabbed the object to try and balance myself. Unfortunately, the object was not planted to the ground because it came down with me with a loud "Oof."

Only one word was running through my head at this time.

Ow. Ow. Ow. Ow.

I leaned forward and sat on my rear, looking at the person beside me who I had dragged down. I caught sight of angry, violet eyes.

Uh oh.

"WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU?" Harvey shouted as I struggled to get to my feet.

"Sorry!" I squeaked. "Please don't run me over, cut me up into little pieces and dump them into Lake Ontario!"

At this, Harvey raised an eyebrow.

"What?"

I put a hand to my mouth. Damn. I never know when to shut up!