Chapter One

-------> I totally love that song, and i just thought it would somehow fit into this chapter, i dont know, but either way, this song is niceee

First chapter, Yaaaay or Nayyy

______________________________________

Chapter One:

My eyes fluttered open to the sight and sound of loud machines. The room I was in was brightly lit, with the constant beeping of equipment.

I leaned forward and squinted my eyes. Where was I? The room was extremely plain, painted a dull eggshell color. Other than the few chairs and a desk, the room was completely empty.

This is weird...

Thankfully, my eyes finally adjusted so I could see clearly. I looked beside my bed to see a woman with dark brown eyes and short, brown hair staring back at me with a surprised expression on her face. She seemed very familiar. Suddenly, it hit me.

"...Mom?" I finally said, sounding very hoarse as if I hadn't talked in a while.

At this, my mother's eyes brightened. She quickly came closer and wrapped her arms around me.

"Honey!" She started crying, "You're okay!"

I blinked at her in confusion. At that time, my stomach growled loudly.

"I'm hungry."

My mother blew into a tissue and stared at me quizzically.

"What was that, dear?"

I sniffed the air and caught a slight trace of food.

"Mom, I smell food. I want food. I like chicken." I said in small sentences. "Make me chicken. But make sure you use salt instead of sugar this time."

My mother smiled wanly.

"Oh, sweetie!" She wiped another tear away. "I don't think we can take the IV out just yet."

I gave her a look of confusion.

"IV? What IV?" I instantly looked down at my arm to see a needle attached to it. My jaw dropped, panicking immediately. "OH MY GOD! I'M DEAD!"

This caused my mom to widen her eyes. "Nurse!" She called, "Someone?"

"Oh my god! You killed me! It was that dinner you served last night! WASN'T IT?"

"Sweetie! Calm down!" My mother cried. "You're in the hospital. Please, calm down."

I bit my lip in fear.

"Hospital? Oh my god! Do I have food poisoning?"

My mother shook her head.

"Honey...don't you remember?"

"Huh?"

"Don't you remember the accident?"

I thought for a minute and slowly shook my head, no. My mother sighed and closed her eyes, as if pained by the memory.

"You...don't remember." She said the question more like a statement.

I stared at her in mystification.

"What happened?"

...

It's funny how you think that something is real, but then later you find out it's not? It's just like how your life could be just perfect one minute, and the next minute, it totally changes.

That's me all right.

You see, right now, I see my future going down the toilet. The past year, what I thought was real...wasn't. My mother had explained everything to me and every word she added to her sentences, the more and more I felt like falling into an endless sleep...like I was doing before.