Extraordinary

By CookieKrumm

Everyday it's always the same. Yes, someone always seems to have the same life as me, they're also waiting fo... More

Prologue
Chapter 1: Maybe
Chapter 2: Game Complications
Chapter 3: Too many apologies
Chapter 4: Car Ride
Chapter 5: Another Conversation
Chapter 6: Secret Research
Chapter 7: Chat with Pat
Chapter 8: Operation Hang Out
Chapter 9: Surprise Date
Chapter 10: Meet the Guys
Chapter 11: Pissed Off
Chapter 12: Too Many Thoughts
Chapter 13: More Apologies
Chapter 14: New Beginnings
Chapter 15: Weird Hangouts
Chapter 16: Two Sides, One Tweet
Chapter 17: A Bit of Confusion
Chapter 18: Response
Chapter 19: Visit
Chapter 20: A Nice Gesture
Chapter 21: Star Gazing
Chapter 22: After Midnight
Chapter 23: Comfort for Two
Chapter 24: Toaster Strudels and Solitaire
Chapter 25: Get Up and Run
Chapter 26: First Match
Chapter 27: Another Accident
Chapter 28: Moment
Chapter 29: You Can't Go
Chapter 30: Called
Chapter 31: Officially?
Chapter 33: Only Words
Chapter 34: Shouldn't Have
Chapter 35: Listen
Chapter 36: Plans
Chapter 37: Something Different
Chapter 38: Can't Sleep
Chapter 39: Another Match?
Chapter 40: Special Night
Chapter 41: See You Later
Chapter 42: Taking Chances
Chapter 43: Another Gone
Chapter 44: A Call
Chapter 45: Try Not To
Chapter 46: Is He?
Chapter 47: Two Can't
Chapter 48: Shower Singing
Chapter 49: Things on Stage
Chapter 50: Happy Birthday Lola
Chapter 51: Surprised
Chapter 52: Let's Start
Chapter 53: New Songs
Chapter 54: The Mud Run
Chapter 55: Meet-ups
Chapter 56: Shocked, Surprised, and Hungry
Chapter 57: Missed Notes
Chapter 58: One of those Days
Chapter 59: Lost
Chapter 60: Vocal Rest
Chapter 61: Okay
Chapter 62: Where are you?
Chapter 63: Foolish Nerves
Chapter 64: Waiting
Author's Note
Chapter 65: Interruptions
Chapter 66: Auditioning
Chapter 67: I'll Carry You Home
Chapter 68: Wait and See
Chapter 69: The Call
Chapter 70: Anxiousness
Chapter 71: Taking the Stage
Chapter 72: Meet Your Mentor
Chapter 73: Boot camp Troubles
Chapter 74: Everything Comes Out
Chapter 75: Let me Help

Chapter 32: Visits

200 1 1
By CookieKrumm

Chapter 32: Visits

Let me tell you, kissing Louis was like a dream come true.  His lips always felt so inviting and warm, and he was always gentle with me until the kiss became a bit more heated.  Yeah, it still feels pretty amazing.

He’s been here for just a day now, so I’m surprised not to see any calls or visits from the boys or even Chloe.  I left her at the stadium that night and haven’t contacted her since, so I’m wondering what she has been up to lately.  Then again, I could just walk down to her flat and ask.  But I feel as though I’ve annoyed her enough so I’ll just wait a bit.  

I could hear the rain splatting against the window of our flat, creating a mixed rhythm. It’s been raining for hours now, making my flat seem ten times darker than it really was.  Louis was asleep on the couch again, lips parted as his arm hung loosely over the edge of the couch.  I stare down at him with a smile, thinking that I can officially call him my boyfriend.

Boyfriend.  It sounded weird to have one, to know that I’m not single anymore.  It felt right now that I’ve been waiting to be in a relationship with Louis for a while, but all at the same time it felt completely wrong.  It almost felt that this was the wrong thing to do and I shouldn’t go there. Almost.

I tried to ignore those thoughts as I walked over to the couch and kneeled down in front of him on the side of the couch. Sadly, I had to wake him up so he could take more medicine.  This wasn’t like a wisdom-teeth procedure where you could just sleep all the pain away.  Louis had to take medicine every two hours no matter what. 

“Louis,” I nudge his shoulder as he stirs. 

“Louis you have to take your medicine,” I whisper.  He grumbles something inaudible then opens his eyes, smiling up at me.

“Hello love,” he greets tiredly. I smile.

“Hey Lou, I’ll be right back,” I say, walking around the couch and into the kitchen, quickly pouring a glass of water and the two pills he has to take.  He’s been pretty good about taking them, which I’m very surprised about, and hasn’t given me any trouble lately.  He’s much quieter too, not groaning about the pain, but I could still see in his eyes that he was in agony.

I walk back over and put the glass and two pills on the side table by the couch.  Louis sits up slowly, gripping the arm rest as he tries to cross his legs.  He takes the pills and drinks the water with ease, then leans his back on the couch in his same position. 

“How much longer do I have to suffer?” he asks with a smirk. I shrug, sitting back in my chair nearby.  

“It’s been almost two days now Lou, you were supposed to have a month of complete rest,” he groans, throwing his head back.

“Oh come on, I’m not that bad am I?” I joke.  He looks at me and smiles.

“You’ve been wonderful, sacrificing your time just to stare at me all day,”

“Well thanks, and you’re pretty nice to look at,” I compliment.  He lets out a small chuckle, then stops when we both hear a knock on my door.

“It’s probably just Chloe,” I say, getting up and walking toward the door, not opening it all the way since Chloe comes barging in, drenched from head to toe.

“Chloe?” I question. “What happened to you?” She closes the door and crosses her arms, leaning back on the door.

“I don’t know, let’s see,” she says sarcastically. “You left me in the stadium without a clue of how to even get out of there after Louis’ mess since everyone was practically freaking out. So I had to barge through people and get scolded multiple times, and had to walk all the way home, do you have any idea how long it is from that stadium to here? Let me just say it was completely uncomfortable in boots. Today, I went out on a small visit to my mum and ended up having my car break down, so I texted you asking for a ride when you never responded. Now you could probably finish the picture,” Chloe doesn’t wait for me to respond and walks over to the couch where Louis was sitting, uncrosses her arms, and then gestures toward him.

“Why the hell is he here anyways sitting on your couch?” she asks annoyingly.  Louis doesn’t even seem offended, he just gazes up at her.  God he looked cute right now.  

“Chloe, as cliché as this sounds please let me explain,” I begin, glancing at Louis and then back at her. She crosses her arms again, signaling that I go on, then looks back at Louis. She looks back at me again, and then at Louis.

“Would you quit staring at me?” she snaps at him. He holds up his arms in mock surrender.

“Sorry, sorry. Just---yeah,” She gives him the look and looks back at me, but back down at him again. 

“You’re so lucky you’re cute,“ He smirks at her, then looks down.

“Louis we’ll be right back,” I say, grabbing her wrist and pulling her toward my room, then shut the door once we’re inside.

“You’ve got a hell of a lot to explain, right now,” she says angrily, wringing her hair out onto the carpet.  I start from right where I left her, where I went to the hospital and shared a few heated moments and how Paul dropped him off here and how that wasn’t planned. By the end of my explaining, she’s smiling.

“So, you and Louis are a thing now?” She asks, her mood suddenly changing. I nod.

“Yeah, I guess so, he taught me how to kiss and everything,” I say with a smile, making her laugh.

“That’s the cutest and most romantic thing I’ve ever heard, is he really good?” I nod again.

“Obviously, what do you think?” And soon we’re both giggling over this boy. 

“I can’t believe Harry recommended for Paul to bring him over here,”

“Yeah, me either,” I agree. She turns around and walks toward the door.

“I won’t interrupt on any more moments then, have fun with him,” she smiles, opening the door.

“Shut up Chloe, don’t say anything else, I’ll text you later,” I try to say serious, but end up smiling again.  She walks back down the hallway, still pulling at the ends of her hair in order to dry it. Luckily, she just waves at Louis and leaves, shutting the door behind her.

“Sorry about that,” I say, sitting back down.  He just waves it off.

“Don’t worry about it, I like Chloe. She’s-“

“Different, aren’t we all?” I finish for him. He nods, holding his arms out. I tilt my head in confusion.

“It’s not going to hurt, get over here and make out me,” I laugh before I stand up and sit next to him, waiting for his hands to cup my cheeks as he presses his lips against mine, the feeling coming back all over again.

**********************

“How come he’s like this when he’s with you? He wouldn’t shut up with us!”  Harry exclaims, gesturing toward Louis.  We stand a few feet away from the couch, gazing down at a sleeping Louis.

“Really?” I question. “He’s fairly quiet here, he was only really loud and annoying when he first got here,”

“Well then Lola,” he turns toward me. “You must be some sort of magician since you’re able to keep him quiet,”

“I have my ways,” I say with a smirk, looking back at him.  He gives me a confused look.

“How---are you two dating now?” he ponders. I shrug.

“I guess you could say that, considering all he’s really done is snuck me into the stadium at night to gaze up at the stars, running through downtown London, and kick a football into my face,”

“Gotta love true love right?” he jokes. I chuckle.

“Yup, he’s got a different way of showing it,” I say.  We share an awkward silence before he says something, looking back at Louis.

“He really likes you, you know,” he says, turning back to me.  “I don’t know what you’ve done or said, but something about you has made him click and seem---happier with life, almost stress-free,”

“Really?” I question seriously. He nods.

“You’re different from other girls Lola, and that’s good for Lou.  He wanted someone different, you’re pretty much the girl version of him,”

Well that was a weird compliment. 

“Thanks,” I say anyways. “It’s good he has you guys too,” I decide to break the silence this time.

“Did you hear him when he had that really bad nightmare?” I ask. He nods.

“Oh yeah,” he trails. “I had to go calm him down, but he wouldn’t believe you were alive, so I just kind of left him there to deal with it and---wait how did you know about that?”

“You didn’t even hear me?” I ask. He shakes his head. “Then you’re a deep sleeper. He called me in the middle of the night saying he didn’t believe I was alive and still didn’t believe me when I talked, so I drove all the way over there and just walked into your house and calmed him down. Spent the night and everything,” he seems a bit surprised.

“Looks like I forgot to lock the door then,” he jokes.  “I can’t believe you did that for him,”

“I wasn’t going to let him suffer,” I say. “He was pretty distraught when I reached him.” 

“How about at the hospital? Did you wake him up?” he asks.

“He didn’t wake up until a few minutes after you guys left.” I smile, thinking of the small kiss we shared. “He was more worried of me crying than of his chest hurting, yet here you can still see the pain in his eyes,” Harry sighs.

“Typical Lou,” he says. “Had to happen at the worst possible time too, and he’s blaming himself for all of it. That’s all he complained about when he was home, how much it hurt and how it was all his fault that he had the tour postponed,”

“But it wasn’t, right?” I ask. He nods.

“It wasn’t, it was that fucking player’s fault,” I nod, sort of not really understanding that.  I drop the subject anyways. 

“I can keep him here a little longer, if you want,” I put out. His face lightens.

“Could you? Just a couple days or so?” I nod.

“He’ll be fine with me, he’s getting better anyways. Are you still trying to get the tour figured out?”

“Yeah, we’re just postponing it. No big deal. I can’t thank you enough Lola,” I laugh.

“Wow Harry, giving up your best friend just like that because you can’t stand him? I’m shocked,” He shrugs.

“Maybe it’s just something about you that makes him act different,”

And maybe it is. Here I am, standing with Harry Styles and peering down at Louis, who’s sleeping the day away.  I’d have to wake him again soon, but for now, we’ll just stand here and look down at him, enveloping the comfortable silence around us as the rain keeps tapping on the window. 

A.N: Gotta love my characters right? I hope you enjoyed this chapter, it was very fun to write!!! Will Louis and Lola get closer the longer he stays with her? Probably. Next update will be next weekend, and a certainly interesting one indeed. Until then, happy hunger games, and may the odds be ever in your favor!!

BTW: I've posted a Catching Fire review on youtube, Cookie Krumm, so check it out! Thanks! -CookieKrumm

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

826K 26.8K 70
HIGHEST RANKINGS: #1 in teenagegirl #3 in anxiety Maddie Rossi is only 13, and has known nothing but pain and heartbreak her entire life. Only a shel...
934K 49.6K 31
Millie Ripley has only ever known one player next door. Luke Dawson. But with only a couple months left before he graduates and a blackmailer on th...
613K 7.5K 31
The bad boy's life changes when he suddenly becomes the teacher's baby...
46.5K 2.3K 152
This story follows the early life of James also known by his street name Headshot or Shooter. James had an extremely rough childhood, one that turned...