World's Apart

By klutzy17

All Jack knew was that he loved her...and one day, any way he could, no matter what it took, he'd make it bac... More

Here In Your Arms
A Long Way From Home
In His Wake
Yesterday's Tomorrow
The Two Of Us
Unexpected
Together Again
For Old Times Sake
Farewell Kisses
The Wheel Keeps Turning
Back To Square One
Bye Bye Birdy
The Waiting Game
As The Snow Falls
Christmas Kisses
Winter Wishes
One More Good Day
Right Back At It
Auld Lang Syne (Part 1)
Auld Lang Syne (Part 2)
Yesterday's History
The Phone Call
Fools Gold
A Mother's Words
Through The Rain
Complication
I Will Love You
A Lesson in Love
The Last Time
Till Death Do Us Part
Old Friend
Into War
Flight Of His Life
An Ocean Of Blue
Forgotten Shoes
Living Nightmare
No News is Good News
The Love Of Two Hearts
The Long Night
J Is For...
By And By
Jack
Jack II
Jack III
Love, Lies And Death
In Minds Eye
Her
New Beginnings
*Sequel*

A Night To Remember

1.5K 34 6
By klutzy17

A/N: WARNING! This chapter does contain smut, if you don't like to read that sort of thing then feel free to skip over it. This is the only warning I will give regarding any further smut in the story. Enjoy the chapter!!     R.

The last few days had flown by in a hurry. Everybody wanted to see him once they had found out he was home. His mother fussed him senseless and his father questioned him about basic training and often reminisced about the Great War years before.

He had missed them both terribly but their fussing suffocated him and often he found himself wishing he could have only Ali's company.

He had seen her every day since returning home. All of his spare time went to her and he was glad for it. It had been almost ten weeks since he had last seen her, before he went to Biggin Hill, but to him she was still the same beautiful and sweet Ali he had left behind.

Her green eyes were bright again, only the faintest signs of sadness lingered behind them. Her hair was still long and still wavy and that loose strand still fell across her face the way it always did. He loved the way she had to tuck it carefully behind her ear.

It was now Friday and the heavy sinking feeling crept over him, reminding him that tomorrow he would return to Biggin Hill and resume the final six weeks of basic training before heading to a different Base to begin his pilot training.

Jack shook his head, trying to push the thought to the back of his mind. He tightened up the navy blue tie around his neck and shrugged on the dark blue jacket. Sitting on the edge of the bed he tied his shoe laces tight. He rolled his ankle in circles, a dull ache lingered but the pain of his injury had all but gone. Standing, he admired himself in the mirror. He lifted his hat from the bed post and flipped it onto his head. The uniform made him look older than his twenty two years.

As he turned to leave the room he picked up the floral corsage off the dressing table and made his way downstairs. His mother and father had already left for the town hall. He decided to walk to Ali's house from here.

A short-time later and he is knocking at her front door. Mrs Dawes opens it and let's him in.

"My, Jack don't you look smart, a real gentlemen," she beams.

Jack takes a seat in the armchair and waits a few minutes.

"Sorry I'm late," her voice echos as she walks down the stairs.

Her voice snaps his head up and he stands, turning to face her. His eyes widen and his mouth parts at the sight of her.

She is wearing a dark floral knee length dress, the sleeves of the dress are lace and finish just above her elbow. It hugs her body tightly as she twirls, showing off her outfit. Her blonde hair is up and pinned into curls and her lips are a bright rouge colour. A low pair of black heeled shoes, that fasten around the ankle, adorn her feet and her heels click clack along the floor as she walks towards him.

"Ali," He breathes. His lips are moving but no sound comes out.

She smiles at him as she looks up at him from under her lashes.

"You look more beautiful than ever," he croaks making her blush.

"I got this for you," he takes her arm and pushes the white floral corsage on.

"Oh Jack," she smiles "I love it,"

She leans up to kiss him and he leans down meeting her in the middle. Their lips meet and he takes his hat off, moving closer to her. His hand rests against the small of her back, pulling her towards him. She leans forward, lifting her right foot off the floor and falling towards him. He catches her and lowers her into his arms so that he is looking down into her eyes.

"Falling for me?" He teases as he swoops her back up.

"Please," she scoffs "I fell for you a long time ago,"

The party was in full swing by the time they arrived. The town hall was bustling with people from all around the village. The dimly lit room had white, red and blue drapes adorning the walls and a balloon arch of the same colours, stretched across the entrance to the room and another balloon arch rested behind the buffet table. On stage, a jazz band was playing lively music, the lead singer was twirling and splaying his hands as he moved about the stage. On the dance floor, couples danced together with flare. Men were lifting their girlfriends high into the air and some were twisting the girls over their shoulder before pulling them close and twirling them around in circles. 

The place was alive. There was no hint of war on anybodies mind here tonight.

"Come on!" Jack pulls her by the hand and the two of them race towards the dance floor.

Little Brown Jug by Glenn Miller is playing loudly. Jack puts his hands on Ali's waist and lifts her into the air, turning in circles as he does so. Ali throws her arms into the air as Jack turns. He brings her back to the ground and grabs her hand in his, twirling her in circles and pulling her closer to him. The two of them snap their fingers in time with the beat and tap their foot to the rhythm. The medley continues and the song changes into 'At The Woodchoppers Ball' by Woody Herman. Ali twists her hips and sinks to the floor, her hands splayed out in front of her as Jack claps his hands in time with the music. 

Their faces are flushed with colour from all of the dancing and a thin sheen of sweat rests on Jacks forehead. They laugh as she falls against his chest, breathless.

"This is fun," she laughs breathlessly.

"Shall we get a drink," He smiles. Jack removes his hat and jacket and throws them towards Katie who is sitting happily with her mother and their friends at one of the tables.

Jack rolls the sleeves of his shirt up before taking Ali by the hand and leading her to the bar.

Ali hops up onto the bar stool as Jack orders for them both. 

"Here you are Sir," the bar man sets down two tumblers of gin and tonic.

Jack sits down on the bar stool opposite Ali, taking a sip of the cold sharp drink. 

Ali crosses her legs as she leans back on the stool, taking a sip of her drink. Jack's eyes watch her legs intently as her dress rises, he feels the butterflies turning again in his stomach. His fingers move to her legs, tracing soft circles on the bare skin. His hand moves slowly, higher up her leg.

"Naughty," Ali scolds as she smacks his hand down.

Jack groans and lets out a breath he didn't know he was holding and a mischievous smile plays on his lips as he takes another sip of his drink.

The party continues long into the night. After several drinks Ali and Jack are back on the dance floor. Ali twists and waves her arms about as the music sounds loudly. Jack watches her with longing eyes, he pulls her towards him. Their bodies collide as he sweeps her down into his arms.

"I love you Ali," his face inches from hers.

His lips touch hers, the kiss is slow and deep. Ali closes her eyes and touches his cheek with her finger tips. The kiss deepens and Jack can feel the slow burning sensation back in his stomach. His eyes snap open and he pulls Ali up.

"Lets get out of here," he pulls her off the dance floor and the two of them rush from the hall. They laugh as they push through people, earning them strange looks from onlookers.

As they reach the entrance to the hall. Ali leans heavily against the door frame. Her feet throbbing from the high shoes. She reaches down and slips off her heels, holding them by the straps as she rushes after Jack who is standing with his hand out stretched towards her.

As they hurry away from the town hall they nearly crash into James Harrington.

"Ali?" He calls, but the two of them continue running and laughing, leaving James way behind them.

By the time they stop running the bustle of the party is lost behind them and they find themselves at the woodcutters cottage at the edge of the forest. It's quiet here, the only sound to be heard is the short ragged gasps of their breathing.

Jack pulls open the door to the cottage allowing Ali to enter. Stepping inside, it's pitch black. Jack rummages around the desk before finding a box of matches. Striking one he lights a few candles before blowing it out.

Ali looks about the lodge as Jack sits on the edge of the bed. His tie is loose around his neck and the longer part of his hair has flopped down onto his face. As Ali turns, she catches him staring at her. Neither of them say anything as the silence falls in around them. The air is thick and stuffy and suffocating. They used to play in the lodge as children, but now the lodge had an all together different  feel to it.

Her eyes don't leave his as she turns her body towards him. Slowly her hand reaches behind her back and unzips her dress. She brushes the material off her shoulders and the dress falls into a pool at her feet. She steps out of the dress and slowly walks towards him, her hand caressing her neck.

His eyes are fixed on her body. When she reaches the bed, she stands between his legs, her hands on his shoulders. He kisses the inside of her wrist before she pushes his shoulders back and slowly pulls off his tie, throwing it to the ground. Unbuttoning his shirt, her fingertips caress the bare skin on his chest and his breath catches in his throat. Reaching up, he pushes down the straps to her cream lace bra. The silk straps fall down as he stands up, his tall muscular figure in front of her. He pulls his shirt off revealing his lean, toned body to her.

Reaching behind, he unclasps the hooks on her bra and watches as it falls away. Gently, he strokes the side of his finger down the side of her breast. The burning feeling in his stomach soars as he slowly lowers her down onto the bed. The tightness in his trousers grows and he groans breathlessly before planting soft kisses behind her ear.

He hovers above her, his arms supporting his weight as he presses himself against Ali. A breathless gasp escapes her before she leans up and kisses him hard. The kiss is hot and needy. She rakes her hands through his hair, tugging at it. Jack bites his lip stifling a moan before snapping his head up and looking into her eyes. They are dark and hungry, watching him carefully.

"Are you sure?" He whispers, his hair falling over his face as he leans over her.

She nods slowly "Yes," 

Jack kisses her slowly before he reaches to tug his trousers down. Slipping off his shorts, he presses his naked body against her. He reconnects their lips, his tongue moving slowly and circling hers. Ali moans lightly into the kiss as she feels his fingers slip into the waistband of her underwear, pulling them down.

Her fingers run through his hair as he slowly lowers himself into her. Her eyes go wide as she feels him fill her, the sweet stinging of pain makes her nails dig into the bare skin on his back. Jack's eyes never leave hers. He leans down and kisses the corner of her mouth and all along her neck before he slowly starts to move in and out of her. Ali holds her breath as she feels the weight of him above her, the tightness and stinging below eases slightly as he movements grow faster and deeper. She pulls hard at his hair and a deep groan escapes his lips.

The burning feeling in the pit of his stomach grows with each thrust before he reaches the top of the cliff and tumbles off the edge. The feeling radiates throughout his body and his movements become slow and weak. He thrusts once more into her before collapsing down onto her. Ali is breathless, her hair unruly and sticking to the sweat at her hairline. Their bodies shine in the candle light from the sheen of sweat coating them. The sound of their gasping breaths fills the room.

Lifting his body from her, Jack lays to be next to Ali, lifting the sheet over them both. Ali nestles her head into the crook of his arm and lays her head on his chest. She can hear the quick steady beat of his heart as she draws soft circles onto his chest.

"I love you Jack," she mumbles against his skin.

Jack kisses the top of her head as his fingers brush across her shoulders "I love you,"

The two of them lie there, content with the silence that falls around them. It's late now and as sleep becomes them both, the last thing Jack remembers is the candles burning out and Ali sleeping soundly against his chest...

....wishing to be nowhere else for the rest of his days except with her.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

The Nurse By Sarah Jane

Historical Fiction

54.4K 2.5K 33
With war raging all around, some battles can't be won... โ™  The year was 1916, Elosie Keller was dwelling in a secluded Belgian cottage where she rema...
5.5K 133 20
โ‹†๐™šโ‚ŠหšโŠนโ™ก ~ ๐‘ป๐’ ๐‘ฉ๐’† ๐‘ณ๐’๐’—๐’†๐’… // Masters of the Air {Gale Cleven x Reader // John Egan x Reader} {Smut Warning!} โ€ชโ€ชโค๏ธŽโ€ฌ A rough journey through t...
56.5K 1.4K 37
"๐…๐ซ๐ž๐ฒ๐š ๐ฐ๐š๐ฌ ๐๐ž๐ญ๐ž๐ซ๐ฆ๐ข๐ง๐ž๐, ๐ฌ๐ก๐ž ๐ฐ๐จ๐ฎ๐ฅ๐ ๐ฃ๐จ๐ข๐ง ๐ญ๐ก๐ž ๐ฐ๐š๐ซ ๐ž๐Ÿ๐Ÿ๐จ๐ซ๐ญ. ๐๐ฎ๐ญ ๐ฅ๐ข๐ญ๐ญ๐ฅ๐ž ๐๐ข๐ ๐ฌ๐ก๐ž ๐ค๐ง๐จ๐ฐ ๐ญ๐ก๐š๐ญ ๏ฟฝ...