With war raging all around, some battles can't be won...
The year was 1916, Elosie Keller was dwelling in a secluded Belgian cottage where she remained hidden away from the world until the day he fell from the sky...
Drawn to the carnage of a fallen plane, she finds more than rubble when she notices that the pilot is still alive. She knows without medical treatment that the man is fated to die. Acting in a haste, she pulls the man from his destined coffin in hopes to help him live.
Eloise soon finds herself tending a German patient in her hidden home and realizes he isn't the monster the world made him out to be; instead, she begins to see much more than an officer, but a man with a heart just trying to survive a war.
When she is finally discovered by the Germans, she is called upon to become a field nurse for the men on the western front--only to fall into a whirlwind of unfortunate events that she must learn how to survive.
Follow Eloise as she takes on the battle of being a wartime nurse in a man's world, fighting the one enemy that could never be conquered-love...
*This is a work of fiction. Any names, dates, or events are completely coincidental.
Thanks for reading.
- Chapter 1: Tell Me Your Story (Prologue)
- Chapter 2: Down In the Poppy Field
- Chapter 3: Survivor
- Chapter 4: Eloise Ellen Keller
- Chapter 5: The Germans
- Chapter 6: Taken!
- Chapter 7: The German Nurse
- Chapter 8: The Loss of a Friend
- Chapter 9: To the Airfield
- Chapter 10: Magic Plants
- Chapter 11: A New Friend
- Chapter 12: The Transfer Papers
- Chapter 13: The Final Night
- Chapter 14: The Curse of a Woman
- Chapter 15: No Man's Land
- Chapter 16: Found by the Tommies
- Chapter 17: Prisoner to the Hospital
- Chapter 18: A Wartime Child
- Chapter 19: The General's Daughter
- Chapter 20: The Birth of a Child
- Chapter 21: Return to the Field Hospital
- Chapter 22: Men In Planes
- Chapter 23: The German Patient
- Chapter 24: A German Friend
- Chapter 25: The Road to the Right
- Chapter 26: The Reunion