The Survivors

By WynterReign

A plane crash lands on a remote island in the Pacific Ocean. Only twelve survivors. No adults and no parents... More

Author's Note
Official "The Survivors" Trailer (REMADE)
Character Guide
Prologue
Chapter 1-Chaos on the Beach
Chapter 2-Heroics
Chapter 3-The Leader Rises
Chapter 4-Keep Calm, Don't Panic
Chapter 5-Checkup
Chapter 6-The Bonfire
Chapter 7-Transformers
Chapter 8-Teren's Little Adventure
Chapter 9-Good Morning
Author's Note 2
Chapter 10-The Funeral
Chapter 11-Ayden Decides He's a Helpful Jerk
Chapter 12-Productive and Confused
Chapter 13-The Storm
Chapter 14-Lullabies and Marco Polo
Chapter 15-The Adventures of Sarah and Lukas
Chapter 16-Return to the Beach
Chapter 17-What Remains
Chapter 18-Elliot's Special Mission
Chapter 19-Jennifer's Moonlit Walk
Chapter 20-Darkness Lurks in the Shadows
Chapter 21-Lukas the Night Watch
Chapter 22-Go Find Water
Chapter 23-The Explanation
Chapter 24-The Night Comes
Chapter 25-Thalia's Grieving Day
Author's Note 4
Chapter 26-Samuel Hunts
Chapter 27-Brothers Unite
Chapter 28-Shark for Dinner
Chapter 29-Bree's Story
Chapter 30-Less Granola Bars, More Food
Chapter 31-Thalia's Secret
Chapter 32-Teren's Letter
Chapter 33-Sandcastles
Chapter 34-Shane Plots Revenge
Chapter 35-Guilt and Charity Balls
Chapter 36-Jennifer's Curse
Chapter 38-Shock and Awe
Chapter 39-Sunset Memories
Chapter 40-Darkness Lurks Inside Us All
Chapter 41-Ayden's Lazy Morning
Chapter 42-The Attack
Chapter 43-The Return
Epilogue
Final Author's Note
ANNOUNCEMENT | RELEASE OF REIMAGINED EDITION

Chapter 37-Ayden's Encounter

755 68 110
By WynterReign

Sometimes life sucks. Other times it sucks a lot. Right now is one of those times where sucks isn't even a category. It's more like... well I'll let you decide that for yourself. But it was more than sucks.

The most creepy woman hangs from the branch, slick vines choking around her body and holding her upside down. She chucks knives made of mirror pieces and sharpened stones that are thrown with enough force to take someone's head off. Her sick laugh gives me chills and her ink blotted eyes bore into my soul. It's unsettling. It's probably more than that actually.

Her brown hair is tangled into sharp knots and wound in thick strands, almost like dreads. It's disgusting to see her greasy hair, but her veins are even more revolting. They seem to be filled with black blood, snaking all around her body like worms. Everything about her is unsettling and creepy, I have a feeling she'll be haunting my nightmares for the next couple of years.

I grip my gun tightly, my hands trembling while fighting the urge to run. My ears are ringing from the gunshots coming from Sammy, his eyes narrowed as he fires off bullets as fast as his gun will allow. But the bullets seem to have no effect on the creepy lady, seeming to bounce off her skin and creating red welts that bleed from the impact. But the skin isn't completely penetrated.

My mind speeds up the processing, throwing me into the heat of the action once again. Levi's still on the floor, completely immobilized. He tried to shove Jenny out of the way, but the already strained muscle in his shoulder must have ripped more. He's in an excruciating amount of pain right now and won't move on his own. Then Jenny.

She's starting to tick me off now. I swear if this is some kind of stupid feminist stunt, I'm going to kill her. No, it's not because you're a girl, it's because you can't shoot a gun or fight like Sammy or me. Having you would only slow us down, and look where it got us! And Elliot... did she let him come with? Where the heck did he come from?! Shouldn't Shane and everyone else be watching him?

Jenny stands in a bush, her hazel eyes bulging with horror and turned to stone. Her hands clenched into fists as she stares up at the freaky woman in the tree. Elliot stands a few feet behind her, crying as he kneels on the ground. His arm is still bleeding from the knife the creepy lady threw. When the lady laughed again, I realized it was time to get out of here and forget our mission.

I wasn't even sure why we wanted to catch Seth anyways. We can't do anything with him unless we want to resort to torture. Maybe it was something for us to do, to have the illusion of victory. But I know even I wouldn't be okay with sitting around and waiting for a rescue plane. I turn around quickly and aim my gun up at the lady, aiming for the head.

My gut twists when I squeeze the trigger. Knock-back is powerful on this gun, vibrating through my body as the bullet explodes from the barrel. But I had grounded my feet and kept my arms tense, making sure the gun itself won't go flying. The bullet grazes the side of her head, but she still doesn't react. I spin around quickly, "GO!" I scream at Jenny again, my last hope of her snapping out of it dying fast.

I scramble over to Levi, ducking my head as I run giving off some measure of security. Sweat explodes from my hands as my heart skips beats just as a knife sails past my head. I manage to keep going without screaming out of terror and finally reach Levi. I drop down to him with wild eyes, "Come on Levi, we gotta go! You have to get up!"

He moans loudly in pain, gripping his metal arm causing his fingers to turn white. His face is an ashen grey with dull eyes, filled with glassy tears from the pain. He grimaces again and lets out a sharp cry out pain, curling further into a ball. "Leave," he chokes out, quiet as a whisper, "leave me behind."

"No! You idiot! Get up!" I urge him quickly, glancing up at the freaky mutant lady in fear. "We can't stay here and I'm not leaving you!"

"Get Elliot," he cries out again, dropping his head further, "get him out of here..."

"Stop being so dramatic," I scold him, mainly from fear. I try to smile at him to make a joke, "J-Just get up," my voice trembles as I try to keep it light, "you-, you'll be fine."

"Daddy," Elliot moans as he continues to cry, starting to get louder. My stomach flips when I look up again. The lady is looking at him like a piece of meat. My heart stops. I screamed and shot to my feet as all the terror in my veins turns to ice. Her knife already flying through the air like a blur. I gasp as the time slows down as I run towards Elliot as fast as I can. Elliot!

A dark shadow suddenly appears from the depths of the trees. I take a leap towards Elliot and slam into his tiny body, taking him down with me. I hear a soft whisper of metal whisk past me, causing a slight sting across my face. We hit the ground together with a loud thud. I quickly scramble off him, realizing I just crushed him. He's crying softly, staring up at me with those giant eyes of his.

"Are you okay?" I rush quickly, scanning over his body as panic shoots through me again. Adrenaline causing every move I make to be faster and more jerky. Elliot nods quickly, seeming shocked. He gulps loudly for breath, still laying under me. Then I hear the lady shriek with mad laughter. I shudder and look up at her, expecting to find her ready with another knife. But her gnarled hands are empty.

Sammy shoots again causing Elliot to jump, scared by the boom. Jenny is still frozen while Levi still is on the ground. Great. I scramble to my feet, helping Elliot up ready to grab Jenny and tell Sammy to grab Levi. But as I open my mouth, Sammy lets out a shout of panic. Then I see it. Standing in the middle of it all is a-, a-

"GO! Get out of here!!" a boy's voice shouts desperately, then the thing turns around. Giant brown wings spread from his back, looking almost like an angel's. But they are unkempt and mangled at the edges. Leaves and small sticks stick out from them as they lay dead on the ground. Covered in dirt and muck, his skin is barely visible. He wears complete rags for clothes, clinging to his body desperately by threads.

His bones stick out from under his skin with eyes that seem too big. But his eyes aren't even close to normal. They are completely golden brown with a black slit in the middle. Like a cat's eye. Sticking out from where his tailbone ends is a dark brown wolf tail. Dark brown ears that are pointed, reminding me of a fox's, sticks from the top of his head. They are furry too which freaks the heck out of me.

His hair is stained brown, sticking together in thick locks and dropping to his shoulders in a tangled mess. His cheeks are hollowed out and his body seems awkward and lanky. His strange eyes meet mine, narrowing, "If you want to live, I suggest you run," his voice drops an octave sending shivers down my spine. I nod quickly at him, stunned and shocked. H-He has wings... t-they are-, he's a mutant...

Sammy is already running towards us, giving me a bewildered look immediately telling me that we should quit this. I whip around and grab Elliot's wrist and yank on Jenny's arm, dragging her backwards.

"Hurry," I urge Sammy as he carefully brings Levi to his feet. I yank Jenny backwards causing her to finally look at me, still horrified.

"Run back, now!" I yell at her and shove her towards the way we came. She stumbles numbly for a second only to stop. I growl and grab her, shoving her forward again, "GO!!!" I howl in her ears trying to get her to get moving. We're going to die if she stalls like this!

"Well, well, well!!" the lady shrieks happily, "Seth comes to save the survivors! How sweet! I thought you liked being alone!"

My heart stutters and my entire body shuts down. My mind stuck on the first word she said. Then I feel sick. Sammy froze too, staring back at the mutant boy in shock. That's Seth?

"Oh my God," Jenny whispers shakily, looking back at him slowly coming out from her catatonic state.

"Shut up!" he screams up at her, his giant wings shuffling behind him. It kicks up some leaves as they kinda spread out. I jump back, scared by the movement. He really does have wings... "You have nothing to do with them! Just get out of here!"

Is he defending us? No that doesn't make any sense... he tried to kill us! Why is he doing this? And where did she come from!? Why the heck is she covered in vines?!

"You've had your fun with them, now it's our turn! We're hungry Sethie..." she hisses and grins darkly at him, "join us..."

"No! You're going to eat them! I won't let you do that! I may have been here for ten years but I'm not a cannibal like you!"

HOLD UP. DID HE JUST SAY CANNIBAL?

"It's only a matter of time before the others get here!" she sings in a dark voice, swinging back and forth and cocking her head at an awkward angle.

Seth looks back at us once more, then gives us an incredulous look, gesturing to us, "What did I just say?! Get out of here!"

I'm out of here.

I quickly snatch Jenny's hand and continue to grip Elliot's. I turn around and about ready to start running when I hear a gunshot. I gasp and turn around with wide eyes. Then I see Sammy aiming the gun at Seth.

Jenny screams, scaring me again, "SAMMY NO!"

Then Sammy gives her a look that the Grim Reaper would be proud of, "HE IS A MURDERER!" Sammy screams angrily, and sharply gestures to Seth, "I'm not going to listen to him! This is a trap! He's leading us to our death! He's working with-, with-," Sammy growls in frustration and points the gun up at the lady, "With that thing!"

"She's crazy!" Seth shouts back at Sammy, sounding offended.

"YOU'RE CRAZY!"

I have to nod once in agreement. Then I quickly shake my head, "We have to get out of here! They're both dangerous Sammy!"

"It's a trap!" he growls at me, "This is all a trap!"

"Not the time for paranoia!" I argue back, finding myself screaming. "We have to GO!"

"Move you idiots," Levi mumbles, taking labored breaths, leaning back against a tree. He looks up slowly with pain in his eyes, "If I say it again, I swear I'm leaving you all behind. Or hitch a ride with Seth."

Seth watches him confusedly for a moment. He tilts his head slightly then shakes his head, looking back up at the lady, "I can kill you if I wanted too, now shoo!"

Shoo? Is that all you got? I'm sorry but that's just ridiculous. I'd use a lot stronger words than "shoo".

"Do it!" she giggles happily, "I'd love to die now! Do it so my followers have a treat tonight!"

"You're sick!" Jenny shouts shakily, struggling to sound strong. Then the lady looks at her causing Jenny to shriek and duck behind me.

"Sick? No little girl, I'm perfectly healthy! I did what I wanted to do! I am so young and healthy now! My chemicals! Our chemicals!" She grins revealing those razor teeth, "I-I'm a miracle of science!"

"More like a disaster," Seth mumbles sassily, eyeing her. Then he quickly turns to us and lunges forward. Sammy fires off another shot but he is slammed into by Seth. Sammy goes flying back against a tree, dropping the gun. I quickly raise my own gun but then I see what Seth's doing. Seth picks Levi up like a child though strangely enough, they're the same height. Levi cries out shortly but doesn't struggle, his eyes are squeezed shut.

"Guess you will be hitching a ride with me," Seth comments smugly, then looks up at me, "come on!"

Then his wings lift up, powerful and giant. He winces a little and turns around, then he takes off running into the jungle. I gape for a second, my brain unable to catch up with what's going on around me. OH WAIT. He just stole Levi! Sammy grunts and scrambles to his feet, growling and looking filled with rage.

"Let's go!" I yell pointlessly and then take off running after them. Jenny finally runs behind me and Elliot manages to keep a good pace. Sammy is barreling after us, gun back in his hand. The creepy lady's laugh echoing through the jungle causing me to run faster. At this moment, you take your pick. Crazy psychopath or cannibal. Tell me, what do I choose?

We race through the thick jungle once again. I struggle to dodge things while dragging two other people. I squint through the trees, trying to keep track of Seth. Fear still pulsing through me. I can't trust him, I don't want too. But my hand is being forced. I want to beat the snot out of Seth, but I can't, I'm trying to be good but everything in me screams to punch him.

And I've got a sick feeling Sammy is willing to go further than that.

"We can't trust him!" Sammy shouts angrily at us,easily catching up to us.

"I don't trust him!" I argue back, shooting him a look, "But now he has Levi and was trying to defend us! It's something and I'd rather deal with him than the cannibals!" Never thought I'd ever say those words, God what is happening to me?
"It's owie!" Elliot whines in pain, still crying as he runs.

"It's okay Ellie, everything's going to be okay. We'll get you a bandaid soon, okay buddy?" Jenny reassures him, her voice trembling. I glare at her, "And YOU! What were you thinking? Why in God's name did you bring Elliot?!"

She gasps and stares at me bewildered, stumbling over the bushes while we dash through the thick jungle. "I-I never brought him! He must have followed me-"

"He could have died!" Sammy shouts, full of rage, "you could have died! We told you not to come and yet you came anyways! What is wrong with you?!"

She gasps as tears fill her eyes with hurt, "I-I thought I could help you!"

"Well you didn't! You got Elliot and Levi hurt! He ripped his shoulder from trying to save you! You're so selfish Jennifer! You only think of yourself! All the time! You think you're so special but you're NOT! My entire life has revolved around YOU! Trying to protect you, dealing with you, and you don't even notice! You're a spoiled brat Jennifer! And you're acting nice just because of Levi!" Sammy screams furiously, his brown eyes blazing with anger and wounds.

I keep my mouth shut, knowing better than to get involved in a sibling argument. I tug Elliot forward, glancing down at him worried trying to ignore their arguing. Blood drips down his soft skin and his red face is filled with terror as he runs. I look ahead seeing a glimpse of Seth's brown wings. I burst forward letting go of Jenny's hand because she's keeping up on her own now. I smack away a branch, nearly taking off my hand and duck another another one. I leap forward with one arm out, helping Elliot jump as well hoping I don't hurt him along the way.

My lower spine is starting to ache again from running, I swear it's worse now. I remember the intense pain of being pinned under that piece of metal when I woke up after the crash. My arm was bleeding too but now it's just a large scab, no stitches needed. Images of the violent crash flash through my head, remembering the explosion and the cracking of the metal. The woman in the red dress who's name I can't remember and her new money attitude. I was flirting with her to play a little game. Now she's dead.

I shake off the chaotic thoughts of the crash and focus on the current danger. We're being hunted by cannibals. That thought alone made me run even faster, causing me to nearly drag Elliot instead of helping him run.

"I'm not spoiled! You're just jealous I got more attention than you!"

"SEE! There it is! You think it's always about you! Haven't ever thought about anyone but yourself!"

"I have-, I mean I do!"

"You're so clueless!"

"And you're overprotective!"

"FINE! I won't protect you anymore!"

"FINE!"

The trees begin to twist in awkward angles like vines. Bending down with flourishes of light pink island flowers and thick leaves. I watch in awe and in fear as the scenery changes. We aren't going to the beach. My stomach drops with panic, making me want to turn back. But then I remember the creepy lady in the tree along with her hunters. But wouldn't the beach be safer?

Then another horrifying thought comes to mind. Who's the say that Seth isn't a cannibal? What if this is all an act? What if Sammy is right? For the first time, I start praying. Praying to whatever being is up there to keep us safe today, guess religion can't hurt now. My dad hated the thought of religion, feeling like that being will only hold him back. But sometimes I wonder, if there was a God, wouldn't he have stopped the abuse? Not the time Ayden, really not the time to wonder about the mysteries of the universe.

I notice the branches becoming more low, almost shaped to be climbed on. Messes of white thread that reminds me of frayed yarn edges hang down like vines while the trees have been clawed through. The trunks hold deep claw marks that stain the bark white and covered with splinters. I shudder at the tiny spots of blood on the claws along with a large nail that has been curved.

The air is much more powerful here, nearly choking me. I thought it was bad the way we came, but here's it's worse. Didn't Leigh say the chemicals are in the air? Is that what I'm breathing in here? There's nothing I can do about that, except be deeply disturbed. So I keep running. Then I see a large stone cave where Seth stands outside of. Levi still in his arms, in too much pain to even notice who is actually carrying him.

I stumble to a stop, quickly scanning Elliot over who looks completely drained of energy. He gasps for breath, still gripping his arm. He stares at Seth in shock, mouth dropped, "Whoa," he whispers and pulls close to me. I tense a the movement but let him lean on me. Whoa, that's never happened before... feels nice though, to be able to protect someone. Guess I would have been a better brother than I thought if I ever had the chance.

I've got some words for my father when we return. I'm going to either murder him or sue his-

"Come on, this is my place. I have some band-aids and hospitipal things," Seth tells us with a completely straight face. I try not to laugh which seems strange after all that's happened. He just butchered the word hospital. He kinda has an accent though, but his grammar is pretty good considering all things.

Sammy just takes aim again.

"Sammy no!" Jenny shrieks, hurting my ears.

"Stop it Sam," I finally step in, giving him a look. But that's when I saw his hands shaking. His eyes wide like a scared deer, dodging wildly as he grounds his teeth together. He swallows loudly, "H-He made me murder them," he growls under his breath, starting to narrow his wild eyes.

I suddenly feel sick, remembering the night Lukas and Sarah were killed. I dealt the final blow to that monster of a human, to save Levi. Sammy had killed two of them. That makes us both murderers. This has been bothering me for a while, but Sammy just brought it back and shoved it in my face again. I know everyone had a hand in my killing, I just threw a knife at it and I swear it died from bleeding out. But Sammy had killed the other two himself.

It makes me scared to be around him, but also safe. He's powerful and strong, but I think that's going to come to a bitter end now. Everybody breaks at some point. Trauma has kept us going, keeping our mouths shut and pushing on. But it's been too long. This is our sixth day on the island, the shock is wearing out. Now we have to deal with our emotions.

From day one he was strong, but now...

"I was trying to save you..." Seth trails off, watching us warily, "I never meant for that-"

"SAVE US!?" Sammy roars and loads the gun with a loud click. Seth jumps a little, still holding Levi which scares me more than Seth himself. Sammy could shoot Levi by accident, and bullets won't affect him. Unless we empty out a couple rounds like we did for the others. "YOU SENT THOSE MEN TO KILL US! Leigh said you wanted to kill us!!"

Seth's strange eyes narrow, "Only some of you."

I pull Elliot behind me, glaring at Seth starting to feel my own anger burn inside of me. "What's that supposed to mean?" I snap at him.

Seth gives me an obvious look, "I was trying to save you! Why don't you understand that?"

"Save us is not kill us!" Jenny screams as she continues to cry, sniffing loudly and glaring at him, "You killed four people!"

"I did it to save them!!" Seth screams, scaring us because his wings lifted. I shudder at the sight of them, rolling my shoulders at the thought of those growing from my back. I clench my hands, 

"How?! How on earth is death saving people?!"

"Didn't Leigh explain?" Seth scoffs giving us a look, then his wings raise higher as he grimaces in pain. "Mutating is a lot more painful than it seems! Don't you understand?! Life is worse than death here! You're never going to be rescued anyways! I'm doing you a favor! We can't be killed with guns, and suicide isn't an option! Someone tried to drown themselves before you came, but when they tried they only grew gills! It's impossible!

"That woman has vines for legs! She is blind by the way, but her other sense are even sharper! She lost her legs in during the explosion of the lab years ago! She was one of the scientists, but she was trapped. So she mutated into the creepy vine lady! She's a creepy vine lady with a taste for human flesh! You aren't the only ones on this island! There are more, and they are crazier than me!"

Seth snorts loudly and shakes his head, "I've been here for ten years, there are people who have been here from the first accident. They haven't been rescued, and you won't either. So I gave up! When you guys came, I thought that I could save some of you from the burden of mutating and living the rest of your lives on this miserable island! Those men were already going cannibalistic, but I haven't! I swear to you I'm-," he cuts himself for a moment, "I'm kinda normal."

His wolf tail flicks and his wings slowly lower from the threatening position. They were raised above his head almost like an angel showing off its wings. I stare at him stunned, unable to form a real opinion about what he just said. Elliot kinda peeks out from behind me, "You wanted to save us?" he speaks out, sounding calmer than I would ever be.

I stare down at him shocked, why does Elliot trust him?

Seth meets Elliot's gaze, softening with a tenderness I've only seen Levi have when he looks at Elliot. He kinda smiles, not showing his teeth, "Yeah... but I wouldn't hurt you... not you Elliot."

That strikes fear in my heart, "How do you know his name?" I ask fearfully, quickly pulling him close to me. Strangely feeling responsible for Elliot now.

Seth winces, "Uh... I've been kinda watching you..."
"You were planning on killing us so you spied on us? For how long did you know? Why didn't you just tell us?! You could have told us and we could try surviving together! At least let us have a choice to die or not! You can't make that decision!" Jenny explodes and freaking out, throwing her arms out.

"You would have run! You would have just attacked me!" Seth argues as a strange look enters his eyes. It's unsettling because that look I've seen in the mirror. "I've tried and they just shot at me! I wanted to help!"

"You could have tried again!" she argues fiercely, taking a brave step forward, "You killed them without telling us or-, I-I don't know! You shouldn't kill people!! That's so obvious! Don't kill people!!"

"It's for the best! I wish someone would have killed me a long time ago!" he argues loudly, flashing his teeth at us, "I'm not even human anymore! I would be grateful if someone killed me before THIS happened! It's been utter agony for the past ten years! Growing this is the most painful experience of my life! My own plane crash doesn't match! Surviving in the jungle and being attacked by other mutants at six years old wasn't this painful!!"

All Jenny has to say after that is, "You still shouldn't kill people!!"

"Fine! I made a mistake! But you can't expect me to know wh-"

"YES, because murder is wrong!"

Seth opens his mouth to argue more, but stops and looks at me. He tilts his head to the side and rubs his chin on his bony shoulder, "Uh you're bleeding on your face by the way," he states, completely random and catching me off guard.

I blink a couple times at him, "Uh..." I touch my check then realize it's covered with blood. I wince as the sting appears making me realize I was cut by one of the knives, probably when I dived for Elliot. I shake my head and wipe my hand on my jeans, "Yeah okay... but don't change the subject."

"I know, I know."

"Look," I say putting my hand up, "I..." I cringe as I say the words, "I believe you."

"Ayden no!" Jenny gasps as if this were a soap opera.

"I'm not saying it's right, I'm just saying I understand where he's coming from," I snap at her. Then I turn my attention back to Seth, "I'm willing to trust him, with some conditions."

"What?" Sammy growls angrily.

"That includes tying him up, and bringing him back to the beach with us," I continue ignoring the siblings, "and getting a full explanation of what's really going on on this island. No more killing and we'll... well we'll discuss it," I shrug at the end looking back at them, "Isn't that what we wanted?"
"No, we wanted revenge," Sammy huffs loudly, still aiming the gun at Seth.

"Well, we can't kill him because one: that's another murder, two: we're not like him, and three: he's our only chance of understanding the island. Maybe even getting off it," I argue harshly, "I'm not adding another murder to the others!"

And I loathe the fact of physically hurting another person from personal experience. Something forces me to relate to him. The insecurity in his eyes, the shield, I'm going crazy, aren't I? When did I become nice? Why am I taking charge now? Stupid good influences. But I can't hurt him. I won't hurt anyone like my father hurt me. I just can't. I am not my father, and hurting Seth is what he would do.

"I can't believe you would side with him! Are you working together or something?" Sammy accuses darkly, slowing turning the gun barrel towards me. I give him the darkest look I can muster taking from all the hate and anger over years of violent abuse, "You wanna die today Samuel? You really wanna go today? It's been a while since our last fight."

Don't you dare disagree with me, I'm trying to be logical and calm. Don't you dare set me off Samuel or it'll be the last thing you ever do!

"WILL YOU ALL JUST SHUT UP!!" Levi suddenly screams, scaring the life out of everyone, including Seth. His eyes are open and bleary, "Just stop arguing! He's not going to kill us! Just stop! Elliot is bleeding all over the place! Sammy if you don't put the gun down, I'm going to take it from you! And if my arm falls off, I'll beat you senselessly!"

That image just wants to make me laugh, but I know it's not the time to laugh. But seriously. Jenny gapes at him and Sammy watches him, still glaring. Elliot takes a couple steps forward, "Daddy...?"

Levi winces and hisses in pain, arching his back as his head rolls back, "Yes Ellie?" he groans tightly, trying to hide his pain.

"Are you okay?"

"Yes, I'm okay." Levi lets out a short cry before falling silent. He opens his eyes again, the pain seeming to subside, "Ayden's in charge now, I can't-" Levi hisses in pain again, throwing his head to the side.

Oh shoot.

I want to argue but I keep my mouth shut. Levi's in a lot of pain and will be triggered by everything now. Great. Just great.

"Come on, this is my place..." Seth says, repeating what he said in the beginning, "I have some bandaids and hospitipal things."

Again, he butchered hospital.

"Okay," I force out, still a little nervous. But I can't think of anything else to do. "Let's go, and Sammy?" I turn to him seriously, "Give me the gun."

He glares at me.

"You're going to shoot someone again, do you really want another murder on your list?" I ask cruelly, knowing it's the only way to get him to hand over the gun. Sammy's eyes widen in horror, just like I wanted, he looks down slowly at his shaking hand. Then he bites his lip seeming conflicted, then he slowly reaches out, turning the gun around to let the handle face me. Then I take the gun from him and quickly put the safety on.

Sammy's hand drops and he stares down at them in shock, as if they had turned into claws like Seth's. Then I take Elliot by the hand and walk towards the cave entrance, pausing next to Seth.

I give him a dark look, "If this is a trap and you are lying to us," I begin in a low voice, "Trust me when I tell you this, I will torture you because after all, life is worse than death. I will torture you by cutting off your fingers first. Then your hands, then your arms, and so on. Until you are just a stub of a human, then I'll skin the remains leaving you barely alive to suffer to the bitter end. Do you understand me?"

Seth's cat eyes show real fear. He nods slowly seeming wary, "Okay."

"Glad we understand each other then," I finish in a dark voice, then walk into the cave confidently. And that's how you bluff, striking fear in your opponent when you are more terrified of them than they are of you. I just hope my threat keeps him hurting us more, that we could survive just long enough to be rescued.

**We're nearing the end!! Currently, I have planned this book to the very end and there are only six chapters plus an epilogue left! Thanks for sticking with me and dealing with my late posts! And a special shout-out to that random person from Fiji that I see on my readers map!! No clue who you are but hi! What do you think of Seth? I wonder if I should draw him... or have a certain friend draw him... O.o You know who are you... : ) Love yah!**

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Paradise By AJ Vaughn

General Fiction

38.6K 1.6K 21
[COMPLETED] Five teens are headed for Montego Bay for their graduation trip. But a mysterious incident causes their plane to crash onto an unknown is...
33 1 1
A mysterious world... ... a young orphan girl, alone, adrift on a dangerous ocean... ... an ocean with countless Islands! Will the girl find friends...
6.8K 152 13
Lily and her family are on a cruise to Hawaii when something terrible happens and the ship sinks. She gets thrown overboard and ends up on an island...
749 186 22
Dylan Ronayne has struggled with a dark secret for his entire life-an almost uncontrollable urge to kill. But when the South Pacific military base he...