baby brain || verkwan

By taellipses

"hansol had better get ready, boo." [✔completed] seungkwan is desperate to have little kiddos, but hansol sa... More

01: weird.
02: i'm sorry.
03: wrong.
04: baby.
05: terrified.
06: not alone.
07: three?
08: dinner.
09: mom.
10: kitty.
11: confession time.
12: about time.
13: sweet.
15: domestic.
16: fault.
17: coffee.
18: i'm fine.
19: beautiful.
20: hair shop.
21: full speed ahead.
22: interruption.
23: jeonghwa.
24: like a mommy.
25: practice.
26: wish.
27: congratulations.
28: mom's night.
29: say yes.
30: ready.
31: i do.
32: fish for love.
33: bubble tea.
34: chwe baby.
35: then there were three.
(bonus chapter): young love
happy new year and thank you

14: worry.

11.6K 525 420
By taellipses

seungkwan hadn't heard from wonwoo in five days.

to say that he was worried was an understatement.

"kwannie," hansol said softly, hugging him close as they sat watching a movie on the sofa. porro meowed in agreement.

"hansol," seungkwan whispered. "i'm worried."

the brunette rubbed his shoulder comfortingly, pressing a kiss to the top of his head. "you should still go to work, love."

seungkwan nodded. "i know... i just, wonwoo's my friend, and-" the blond cut himself off, hiding his eyes behind one hand. "i thought he could talk to me, but he hasn't..."

"i could try and find out his address?" hansol suggested.

the blond shook his head. "i should get to work. if wonwoo wants to be alone, he can be alone."

seungkwan sluggishly got up from the sofa and went to the bedroom to get dressed. porro followed him, meowing helpfully.

"i know, porro," he murmured, "i know." he got dressed in his usual blue jeans, but noticed he was having a little difficulty doing the button up. "growing, are we?" he chuckled, rubbing his stomach. he found a pair of jeans in the back of the closet that had been too loose for him before, after he'd lost a bit of weight. wearing them now, they were almost snug around his middle.

"my favourite sweater," hansol cooed, wrapping his arms around his boyfriend and burying his face in the soft blue-and-white striped fabric.

"my favourite boy," seungkwan replied, stroking hansol's hair. "are you all ready?"

hansol pulled away, nodding. "drive safely, okay?"

"when would i not?" he returned, kissing hansol soundly.

seungkwan got in his little car and drove to the bookstore, parking in the multi-storey parking lot just five minutes walk from there.

"soonyoung-"

"no, wonwoo hasn't turned up, and no i haven't seen him," the pink-haired guy answered.

seungkwan sighed. "sorry; morning, soonyoung."

"good morning to you," he chirped, smiling. "you look tired."

"thanks," he said dryly.

***

"wonwoo," mingyu said gently, hovering at his husband's side. he touched the soft bed covers, his hand lingering near wonwoo's thin fingers. "please eat something?"

an almost imperceptible shake of the head from the dark-haired man.

mingyu swallowed, looking down. "okay," he said quietly. "let me know if you'll eat something later? or if you're hungry?"

there was no reply, and mingyu walked away. he knew wonwoo wasn't going to say anything.

five days ago...

"hmm? you'll be home early? what a treat," wonwoo chuckled, holding his phone between his shoulder and his ear as he lifted a tin out of the oven. "yes, it's my day off. no! you know i take random days off." he laughed at something mingyu said. "you'll be surprised; i actually tried cooking today. yes, of course you can eat it when you get back... alright, i'll call you later. love you, gyu."

the bespectacled man smiled, placing his phone on the counter and inspecting the cake in front of him. it looked edible enough.

wonwoo sang softly to himself as he washed the dishes. he dried his hands and laid a hand on his stomach.

"you didn't think i was that out of tune, did you, baby?" he cooed.

he continued with the housework, making sure the house would be nice and clean for when mingyu got back from work. the taller man could hardly function when there was mess around, and the policeman had been called out on too many night shifts lately, adding to his stress.

a wave of fatigue passed over wonwoo. he placed a hand on his forehead, reaching out to lean on the wall for support. suddenly he cried out, clutching at his stomach. he fell to his knees with an agonising scream.

"oh my god," he gasped, before another stabbing pain ripped him in half. "oh my god, oh my god."

red stained the carpet, running down his legs and dripping off his sweatpants.

"no, no, no," he mumbled, the blood staining his hands and tears running down his face. he looked around frantically for his phone, which had started ringing. "argh! please..." he crawled towards the counter, grabbing at his phone and leaving a bloody hand-print in its place.

"hey, honey, i forgot to tell you earlier-"

"mingyu," wonwoo sobbed.

"oh my god, what happened!?"

wonwoo screamed, one hand braced on the floor to stop him from collapsing entirely. "mingyu call an- argh- ambulance, now!"

"call an ambulance and send it to my address!" mingyu yelled to his colleague. "hang in there, honey, where are you hurting? what happened, baby?"

wonwoo's eyes shut at that last word, of their own accord. "m-mingyu," he choked out.

"stay with me, honey! wonwoo, please," mingyu was now sobbing with worry.

"m-mingyu, it's the b-baby... p-please- help me..."

wonwoo passed out, his phone falling from his hand.

"honey? wonwoo? wonwoo! oh my god, wonwoo!"

***

today

"hey, sweetie," jeonghan said, leaning on the desk at the bookstore.

seungkwan sighed, smiling. "hey, jeonghan. how are you?"

"a walking marshmallow," he grunted, hugging his huge baby bump with both arms. "i texted wonwoo, but he hasn't replied yet. no activity on social media, either."

"thanks," seungkwan said quietly. "i'm just starting to assume the worst, you know? i wish he would just call..."

"i know sweetie," said jeonghan, giving seungkwan's shoulder a squeeze. "try not to worry too much."

seungkwan nodded. "i'll try."

"i think it's time for coffee?" the long-haired man suggested.

"i think that's perfect," the blond said.

"manager says you can go home now," soonyoung said brightly, popping up behind him.

"holy shit," seungkwan gasped, clutching at his chest. "don't give me a heart attack, i'm fucking pregnant."

soonyoung's eyes bugged. "you're pregnant? oh my god, i didn't know. i could have carried all those heavy books for you!"

jeonghan and seungkwan exchanged a sly look.

"you can do that in a few months," seungkwan chuckled, absently running a hand over his tummy. "i'm, like, six weeks. that's barely pregnant."

soonyoung nodded interestedly. "can i feel the baby?" he asked hopefully.

"sure," the blond replied, shaking his head. "all you can feel is my flab right now, but go ahead."

the pink-haired man came closer to seungkwan's belly with excitement, gently resting his hand on it. "i think i felt it move," he said profoundly.

"i think you're lying," seungkwan drawled, peeling soonyoung's hand away from him. "don't you have a man in your life? get him pregnant if you're that excited by a baby."

"i do have a man in my life," said soonyoung, his eyes practically turning into hearts. "he's a policeman. and he'd be mad if i got him pregnant."

"i think you'll find people can change their minds about that sort of thing," seungkwan advised him. "right, coffee, then?"

"let's go, sweetie," jeonghan said with a smile.

***

"honey... wonwoo, please talk to me," mingyu begged, sitting on the edge of the bed.

wonwoo hadn't showered or changed his clothes since he got back from the hospital. he had eaten barely anything, and talked even less. he hadn't said a word in the past three days and it was making mingyu start crying at random moments.

"if not me, someone. talk to someone, please." mingyu swallowed back tears as he stared at his husband.

the dark-haired man gave a slight nod.

"who?" mingyu asked.

"jeonghan;" wonwoo replied after a pause, his voice raspy from lack of use, "choi jeonghan."

__________________________

wow i actually hate myself for doing this omg

btw this is hansol's fave jumper of seungkwan's:

i mean how adorable can he get he's so chubby and cuddly and cute i love it

next chapter soon as i have to drag my soul out of this darkness

also: would you guys like to read more scenes with meanie like in this chapter? and jeongcheol too? because i love all the ships lol

taellipses out x

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

96.3K 5.5K 34
"I am not working with, him." In which Mingyu has to do his school project with the special kid. @vernonslotion Started:171118 Finished: 180818 #1 in...
141K 5.8K 20
Seungcheol, a single dad struggling to find balance between work and family. His wife passed after giving birth to their youngest. Not only was he le...
11.7K 430 33
❝...they say be careful what you wish for...❞ • WARNING: Mature themes •
14.6K 511 16
Yoon Jeonghan, known for his rebellious ways was sent to a religious camp, hoping it could finally help him stray from his bad habits; he thought wro...