Beyond The Age | kim.th

By kiyoptae

"I fell in love with someone who was born first. If only I could synchronize the time on both of us. So I can... More

Beyond the Age
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
※ F I N A L E ※
※ M O O D ※
※ Questions ※
※ Answers ※
≫ First Date
Beyond the Distance
≫ Morning vs Night
≫ Missing You
≫ Happy Birthday
≫ Dear, Ha Neul
≫ Love, Taehyung
≫ Graduation
≫ First Anniversary
≫ Heal Me
≫ His New Girlfriend
≫ Summer Break
≫ Endless Night
≫ Best Present Ever
≫ 4 O'clock
≫ Declined
≫ Muted
≫ Where Are You?
S E Q U E L
T R A I L E R

≫ December 30th

4.8K 272 48
By kiyoptae

[Ha Neul's POV]

"...ngie.... Taehyungie!"

"Huh?"

"Are you okay? You seemed a little bit off..." I looked at him in confusion as I frowned.

"Yeah, I'm okay! Sorry, I'm just... still a little bit sleepy." He rubbed his eyes slowly.

"So, what did you say?"

"Oh, uhm where do you wanna go today?" I said as I raised an eyebrow.

"Well anywhere you go, I'll follow." He shrugged as he gave me a smile before he took a sip of his hot chocolate.

I scoffed slightly. "Alright then, we better go now." I snatched his half-empty cup as I got up from the sofa.

"Shouldn't we take a shower first?"

"Of course."

"Together?" He wiggled his eyebrows as he looked at me, smiling.

"No! I'm going first." I said quickly before I ran to the bathroom, right after I put our cup inside the sink.

He just chuckled as he followed me with his gaze. "You better lock the door, babe!"

~ ~ ~

"Madison Square Garden?" His eyebrows creased as he examined the huge building that standing in front of us.

"Mhm." I nodded slightly.

"A concert?" His gaze landed back on me while one of his eyebrows got lifted.

"Nope." I simply shook my head.

He gasped a moment later as his eyes widened before he smiling uncontrollably because he's the type of person who can't control his excitement.

"Are you serious??" He muttered as if he didn't believe what he's thinking right now.

"Mhm." I smiled as I showed him two tickets of an NBA game that will start in 20 minutes.

"God I love you so much." He pecked my forehead really quick and then he put his arm around me as we walked into the building.

The first half was over. I didn't pay much attention to the game because I was too focused on giving my attention to the man who was sitting next to me.

Watching him enjoying the game like that giving me such a different pleasure. He's often daydreaming lately and it's making me worried.

He doesn't even remember about his birthday, which is today. And when I asked about what he want for his birthday this morning, he didn't answer cause he was zoning out, again.

I heaved a deep sigh as I wondering about what could possibly going on inside his mind because I really can't figure it out.

"What?"

His voice made me realize that I had been looking at his face all this time. But instead of averting my gaze to the other side, I flashed him a thin smile.

"I'm just glad that you're enjoying the game."

He smiled sheepishly as he parted his lips, probably wanted to say something. But it got interrupted by his phone that suddenly ringing inside his pocket.

He pulled his phone out and his expression changed right after he saw the caller's ID. He tapped on the red button before shoving the black thing back to his pocket. But before he could do so, the phone rang again.

He tut with annoyance as he brought his phone back in front of him. I could tell that he was hesitant since he somehow couldn't decide whether to take the call or not.

"Who is it?" My curiousity beat me to hold myself from asking.

"My dad." He said nonchalantly.

"Oh. Why don't you take it?"

"I..."

Taehyung's phone stopped ringing and he instantly sighed in relief while my confusion growing bigger. It only lasted for a minute before his phone started ringing again.

"Just take it, it might be important." I encouraged him as I squeezed his hand.

He looked hesitant for a brief moment but then he said, "I'll be right back."

I just nodded in understanding as I watched his back disappeared from my sight.

What is going on, Taehyung?

After receiving a call from his father earlier, he looked moody and turned quiet. He didn't even seem to enjoy the second half as much as he did during the first one.

The game ended a moment later and we both left the place while rubbing our hands because it was super cold outside. Taehyung who noticed that I was freezing quickly hold my hand and shoved it inside his coat pocket as we continued walking.

"So, what do you want to eat?" I asked as I looked up at him.

"Why do you keep asking me what I wanted today?" He raised an eyebrow as he looked at me, clearly confused.

Yup, he totally forgot that today is his birthday. What an idiot. I thought as I sighed internally.

"What's wrong with that?" I retorted.

"There's nothing wrong with that. It's just... I only really care about what you want." He simply shrugged as he spoke.

"Ugh you're always like this." I groaned slightly and then added, "Fine then I want you to tell me what do you want for dinner."

He let out a chuckle and I could see his boxy smile almost appearing. Yeah, almost.

"Well..." he squinted one of his eyes as he thinking.

"Well?" I said impatiently.

"I want your cooking." He finally said with a tight smile plastered on his face, making his request became extremely hard to refuse.

"Alright. But you have to stop clinging onto me while I'm at it."

"Objection."

"But I can't focus if you always hugging me, or holding my hand, or even playing with my hair when I'm cooking!"

"Ah that's why you keep peeling the potato when it's already naked and mistaken salt and sugar this morning?" He laughed teasingly.

"The label is off okay, and their container looks exactly the same!" I yelled as I defended myself while my cheeks started to blush in embarrassment.

I mean, how can you focus on doing something when Taehyung is around you? I bet you'll prefer to focus on him as well, right?

"Alright alright, I won't touch you." He chuckled as he pinched my nose lightly.

~ ~ ~

I sneaked into the apartment as if it wasn't mine, afraid that Taehyung might caught me while holding this box which contained none other than his birthday cake that I ordered yesterday.

Thankfully, he hasn't finished showering so I still got the time to set the cake before I served his favorite dishes that I cooked earlier.

The table was set and the dishes were fully served. The only thing that left was only his birthday cake which I planned to give to him right after dinner so it'll be like a little surprise for him.

I was about to call him out when suddenly I heard something buzzing which turned out to be Taehyung's phone that he left on the counter. Namjoon's name was written on the screen so I picked it up since I thought Taehyung was still in the bathroom.

"H─"

"Where the fuck are you?! Why didn't you answer dad's call? He started yelling at me now you know!"

I had to keep the phone slightly away from my ear when I heard Namjoon cursing and yelling furiously on the other line.

"Uhm taehyung is still in the bathroom..."

"Wha─ who is this?"

"It's me Oppa, Ha Neul."

"Ha Neul?! You're with Taehyung right now??" His voice risen as its show how surprised he was.

"Y-yeah..."

"Where?" He said impatiently.

"In my apartment. Why?" I raised an eyebrow.

"You mean in New York?!"

Why is this guy keeps yelling at me?!

"Of course. Where else?"

"Shit. Alright gotta go."

"Wait, Namjoon Oppa!"

"Yes?" He answered hurriedly.

"Is Taehyung okay? Why did your father looking for him? Did he do something?" My eyebrows creased in confusion as I anticipating some answers.

"Ah well uhm... it's nothing serious actually. Just tell him I called and also our father is looking for him."

"Nothing serious? Really?"

"Mhm."

"Okay then I'll tell him later."

"Bye Ha Neulie."

"B─"

"Woah it looks so good!" Taehyung exclaimed and it succeeded to make me jumped in surprise.

I quickly placed his phone back to where I found it and walked to the dining table as casual as possible. But my thought still couldn't comprehend anything at the moment.

I watched Taehyung as he eats with gusto. He doesn't seem like someone who's having a problem that could make Namjoon became so furious like that.

What made me thinking was why Namjoon seemed so surprised when I said Taehyung was actually with me. I mean, he couldn't possibly didn't tell his brother before he came to visit me.

"You don't eat?" Taehyung said from across the table, dropping my thoughts in an instant.

"Ah yeah, I'm about to." I quickly grabbed my plate and filled it with jajangmyeon.

I then eat in silence but sometimes I had to respond to Taehyung's compliments about the food that he made in every three bites. It's not that I wasn't glad that he enjoyed the food, it's just that I'm still confused about how he acted these days. Then, Namjoon's behavior just adding more questions into my head.

Taehyung looked like he's definitely have something that bothering his mind. But he always tell me if he had some problems, even without me asking or forcing him.

Maybe what Namjoon said was right, that it's nothing serious and maybe the way Taehyung acted lately had nothing to do with it.

"Thankyou so much for the food." He said as he clamped his hands together, slightly bowing in order to show his gratitude.

I didn't realize that he already finsihed eating since I kept overthink about some stuff. I flashed him a smile when he caught my eyes before I quickly disconnected our eye contact as I continued eating.

"So, where's my cake?"

I startled by his question as my chopsticks were hanging right in front of my mouth before I brought them down slowly.

"You remembered?"

"That today's my birthday?" He scoffed lightly.

"You whispered a happy birthday to me at midnight, how can I forget then?" He smirked slightly.

"You heard... I thought you were sleeping!"

"What was it again? I'm so excited to be with you for your birthday this year. Even when my skies are grey, you brighten everyday. You'll always be the love and light in my life. Cold nights spent with you are the warmest. Happy birthday to my cuddle partner, my Taetae, my everything. You're the most handsome face of this 2017 and I love you so much."

"You even remembered all the words..." I blushed uncontrollably as I recalled what I did last night.

I'm just too embarrased to say those words directly to him. That's why I whispered them when he was asleep but apparently he wasn't sleeping at all. Ugh...

"Wait I didn't say the last part!" I exclaimed when I realized it. "Geez you're probably dreaming." I shook my head slightly.

"Yeah dreaming about you obviously." He chuckled as he looked at me.

We then celebrate his birthday by singing and drinking but not until we drunk since none of us could stand alcohol. We ended up cuddling on the sofa while watching some movies.

I suddenly remembered about Namjoon's phone call and I haven't told Taehyung about it yet. So I sat straight on the sofa as I escaped from his arms. Taehyung who noticed my movement turned his head to my direction.

"What's wrong? You wanna go to the bathroom?"

I shook my head as a no. "I wanna ask you something."

"Go ahead."

"Did you tell Namjoon that you're visiting me?"

"Uhm no."

"Why?"

"Cause we have our own life? I'm not a little kid who needs to ask for his brother's permission if I wanted to go somewhere."

"That's why he seemed surprise." I mumbled softly while Taehyung looked confuse.

"What do you mean?" He raised an eyebrow as he fix his sitting position.

"He called you earlier, when you're taking a shower. He sounded so angry." I informed.

"Why would he be angry?"

"I don't know. He said that your father is looking for you and he started yelling at Namjoon cause you didn't answer his phone call." I explained briefly.

Taehyung went silent for a moment. He brought his eyes back on the tv but his gaze went straight through it.

"Tae... is everything okay?" I frowned as I looked at him.

He didn't answer and just remained silent. He let out a sigh before he laid down and rested his head above my laps. I looked down at him with eyes filled with confusion and worry while he staring back at me as if he was looking for something.

"My dad is coming back." He finally make a sound.

"He got transferred back to Korea?"

He shook his head lightly as his hand started to caress my cheek. "He's just visiting. He's been there for a few days now."

"Ah that's why he's looking for you. You haven't meet him, right?"

"I don't want to." He said nonchalantly, his eyes wandered around my face as his fingertips tracing my skin.

"Why? Did you two fight again?"

"I'm just hoping that he'll leave as soon as possible." He said, not really answering my question but I didn't want to force him so I just let it slipped.

"Anyway, how's your college going?" I said as I tried to change the topic but my instinct sucks that it couldn't even tell that it was also a topic he didn't really want to talk about.

"Babe, it's my birthday. Can we not talk about something really boring?" He muttered before he sighed under his breath.

"You're right, I'm sorry." I said as I played with his bangs. "What should we talk about then?"

"Hmm... what should we name our children?" He said casually.

The sudden change of the topic got me chuckled. "Are you serious?"

"Do I look like I'm kidding?" He raised an eyebrow as he looked at me.

"Stop it." I flicked his forehead and gained a groan from him.

"Don't you want a child?"

"Of course I do."

"No it's not a child. It's children cause you're doing it with me." He smirked a little.

"Yeah, whatever you say. I just wanted to get married first before having children." I rambled as I ruffled his fluffy hair.

"Oh, don't worry. We will." He nodded as he let out a thin smile.

My lips were parted, ready to say something but my brain suddenly couldn't find any words to produce at the moment. So I cleared my throat to reduce my nervousness as I averted my gaze to the side.

He did not just propose to me. I said to myself, trying to make my heart calm cause believe me, it's sprinting right now.

"Ha Neul-ah."

"Y-yeah?"

"I need my healer now."

I brought my eyes back to him and now his eyes are showing something that he never showed me before; tiredness with a mixed of sadness. It's really painful to look at cause I'm used to look at them when they're full with stars.

I remembered what he said a long time ago. That if somehow he get tired or sick of his life, he want me to heal him. And I've promised to fulfill that.

Eventually the day came exactly on his birthday. Why is God so cruel? Can't he at least be happy on his special day? How can I smile when I found out that the love of my life is suffering?

"Baby you promised." He stroked my cheek gently, slightly begging as he mumbled softly.

I tried to restrain some tears that were threatening to get out as I thought about something nice so I could smile sincerely. Finally, I decided to just say what I have on my mind to let him know how exactly my feelings toward him.

"Dear Kim Taehyung. The day you were born was a lucky day for so many people, especially me. I never really thought that I'd meet someone like you. All of your days should be as special as your birthday and I want to do whatever I can to make that happen.

"I love the sparkle in your eyes and the beautiful smile you have when we are together. I want to be by your side to watch you celebrate many more birthdays. It's always a treat to wish happy birthday to someone as sweet as you, but most of all I want you to know how happy I am to be your girl. I hope this day brings everything you want and more. I love you Kim Taehyung, and I always cherish our time together."

I smiled widely as I looked at him, and so did he. What makes me even happier is that perfect unique smile of him is back. The smile that shaped like a rectangle adorns his handsome face.

"For the most handsome boyfriend in the universe, happy birthday." I took his hand and intertwined our fingers. He just watched me do it as he chuckled sheepishly.

"Now I need my birthday kisses. Come here." He grabbed my neck as he brought his face to mine, locking his lips onto mine with so much love.

I could taste something warm and salty in between the kisses so I pulled back.

"Are you cry─"

"No."

He cut me off as he took my lips to meet his in such a force and soon I'm drowning inside him once again.

―――――――

HAPPY 23rd BIRTHDAY MY ONE AND ONLY KIM TAEHYUNG💜💜💜💜

All of Ha Neul's wishes are my wishes for the real Kim Taehyung out there and I cried a little as I wrote this chapter. I always get emotional when it comes to his birthday idk why😭😭😭

Lastly, here's a pic of me and the birthday boy. Please excuse my face cause I didn't wear any makeup😳

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

129K 3.2K 15
In 2012, you fell pregnant with Min Yoongi's baby after a one night stand when you were both drunk. You had the baby and kept it from Yoongi 4 year...
48.7K 1.4K 22
•COMPLETED STORY• (Part one) If you fall in love with two people at the same time choose the second...because if your really loved the first...
91.2K 2.8K 25
You hear a knock "Yoongi?" He pulls you closer "I need you" Yoongi x Reader Fanfiction Highest Ranking #1 readerxyoongi #1 readerxbts #1 btsfandom ...
67.3K 4.7K 27
(Completed) Meeting him was his fate, becoming his friend was his choice, but falling in love with him was beyond his control. Can two strangers fall...