Walking Among Us

بواسطة Cnife15

A group of people hold on for dear life in this post-apocalyptic world. They have been lucky enough to surviv... المزيد

Chapter 1: School of the Dead
Chapter 2: Pit Party
Chapter 3: Convenient Fist Fights
Chapter 4: The Counting Game
Chapter 5: Tunnel Vision
Chapter 6: Broken Promises
Chapter 7: Winter Storm
Chapter 8: Labour Problems
Chapter 9: Nature's Bounty
Chapter 10: Back From The Dead
Chapter 11: The Good Life
Chapter 12: Don't Look Back
Chapter 13: City of Champions
Chapter 14: Rock Bottom
Chapter 15: Fatal Reunions
Chapter 16: Friend or Foe
Chapter 17: The Road Ahead
Chapter 18: Crime and Punishment
Chapter 20: Adapting
Chapter 21: Staying Strong
Chapter 22: Explosive Bargaining
Chapter 23: Family Ties
Chapter 24: Trust Issues
Chapter 25: Council Meeting
Chapter 26: Destroying Bridges
Chapter 27: Daddy's Little Girl
Chapter 28: Grave Digger
Chapter 29: Starting the Engine
Chapter 30: Short Cuts
Chapter 31: Nobody Get's Left Behind
Chapter 32: Dreams VS Reality
Chapter 33: No Rest For The Heroes
Epilogue: Lost Child

Chapter 19: Gone to Hell

99 3 0
بواسطة Cnife15

"Let go of me!" Jessica screamed when she heard the gunshot. Her baby was in trouble, and she needed to protect it. Jessica's motherly instincts kicked and she started thrashing and hitting the men. When she finally broke loose of her captors grip. She ran down the hallway.

She burst through the door, and saw Samuel standing over top of her baby, and Josh tied to a chair on the ground. In one fluent motion she grabbed Samuel's jaw and the back of his head, and snapped his neck. Jessica threw him out of the way and looked down at the table. When she saw the sight of her son's head shattered on the table she started bawling, and kneeled down on the ground.

"Jessica", Josh called out, "I'm sorry..."

Jessica didn't reply. She just layed on the ground crying, totally forgetting about the rest of the world.

"It's all my fault..." Josh said, "This wouldn't have happened if I just would have..."

Jessica stopped crying as soon as she heard what Josh said. She looked at him, and got up. Jessica walked towards him, lifted up his chair and asked,

"How is this... your fault?"

"I burned down the theatre. It was the only way I thought that I would be able to escape", Josh stated, "I didn't think that Samuel would come after me. I didn't mean for any of this to happen."

"So you are saying", Jessica started, "That you are the reason that my baby boy died."

"No, don't take it like that Jessica! I didn't want Noah to die! It was fucking Samuel's fault!"

"But Samuel wouldn't have come after us if you didn't burn down the theatre", Jessica said as she pulled the knife out of Josh's leg, "So this is all your fault."

"What are you doing, Jessica? Why are you acting so weird?"

"My son was only a few weeks old, and he got shot in the head", Jessica said as she tightened her grip on the knife, "So don't say that I'm acting weird."

"Come on, Jessica. You aren't going to seriously kill me are you? We are best friends."

"That is behind us now. You aren't my friend anymore. You should have died weeks ago. I want you to be dead."

"Please don't do this Jessica", Josh pleaded, "Trust me. I tried to save your son. I couldn't do anything! I was strapped down in a chair!"

"That is why it would be the perfect time to kill you, right now", Jessica said as she lifted the knife above her head.

"Please think about this Jessica! You are acting out of anger! You can't do this!"

"You don't know what I am capable of doing!" Jessica said as she stabbed the knife into Josh's skull. She stood in front of him holding on to the blade. When she realized what she had done she let go of the knife. She stared at her dead friend in disbelief, then dropped to the ground. Instantly tears started pouring down her face. To much was going on. She didn't have any time to cope with the deaths of her family and friends. She was even considering killing herself until two men burst into the room.

"Holy shit! The bitch killed Samuel!" one of the men said when he got into the room.

"We better kill her before she kills us", the other man said as he walked towards Jessica.

"Just go away!" Jessica cried.

"I don't think I can do that sweet heart", the man said as he pointed the gun at her head.

"I said fuck off!" Jessica yelled as she grabbed the gun and pointed it away from her head. The man tried to pull the gun away from her but she wouldn't let go. She looked the man dead in the eyes and pulled the knife out of Josh's skull. She plunged it into the man's neck repeatedly. He fell to the ground bloody and with huge gashes in his neck.

"Holy shit! The bitch is fucking crazy!" the man yelled before Jessica threw the knife into the man's skull. He wobbled back in forth, almost like he was in shock, then dropped to the ground. Jessica leaned down and grabbed the knife out of the dead man's head. The she walked over to the table and grabbed the gun, then walked out of the room. She walked down the hall to the rest of the group and muttered,

"They... are... dead."

"What do you mean they are dead?" Martin asked.

"The asshole killed both of them. Josh and Noah. They are both dead", Jessica said as she walked over to Ray. She cut the ropes that bound him, then handed him the knife. Then she dropped to the ground and started to cry again. Raymond ran down behind her and tried to comfort her.

"It will be okay, Jessica. We will survive. We just got to keep fighting. Let's get going."

"I can't, Ray. It's too much for me to handle", Jessica said as she lifted the gun up to her head.

"Hey, hey, hey! Don't do that, Jessica", Ray said as he grabbed the gun, "You are still alive. You will make it through this."

"But Noah was my child", Jessica cried as she fell into Ray's arms, "I want him back."

"I know you do", Ray comforted as he hugged Jessica back, "I want Jayme back to, but she is gone. She doesn't have to deal with this anymore. And Noah, Jordan and Josh don't have to deal with this anymore either. You still have Randi and I. As long as we stick together we will be fine."

"Okay..." Jessica mumbled as she snuggled up closer to Ray.

"Hey! Emotional dumbasses! The rest of us would like to be untied as well!" Jane stated.

"Jane! That's enough!" Ben shouted, "She is going through a rough time. Give her a break."

"Not my fault she is so emotional. I've delt with shit like this all my life. Both of my parents died when I was two! I learned how to deal with it. So why can't she?"

"You fucking bitch!" Jessica yelled when she heard what Jane said, "I'm going to fucking kill you!"

Jessica leaped away from Raymond, with the knife in her hand. She jumped on top of Jane and held the knife above Jane's head.

"Do it, bitch! You don't got the balls to kill me! You haven't killed a single person in your life!" Jane taunted. Jessica looked at Jane, then at her knife, then back at Jane. Jessica pulled the knife away from Jane's head and started to get off of her.

"Ha! Told you that you couldn't kill me! Your a fucking pussy!"

"Shut the fuck up!" Jessica yelled as she got back on to Jane. She jabbed the knife into Jane's neck and pushed as hard as she could. Blood started gushing out of Jane's neck and she slowly started losing conciousness.

"Oh my god..." Jessica muttered as she let go of the knife. She backed away from Jane to see the terrified expressions on her friends face.

"You... just killed her", Randi mumbled in disbelief, "How could you do that?"

"I didn't mean to. I swear. It wasn't my fault", Jessica said defensively.

"It was completely your fault. You just stabbed her", Ben stated.

"I'm sorry. It's just too much for me to handle right now", Jessica said.

"This group has officially gone to hell", Martin stated,  "This world has corrupted us. We aren't like we used to be. We are monsters who will kill other people to stay alive. We have changed, and I don't think it was for the better."

"Well let's not be negative about this. We are still alive. And that's all that matters", Raymond added as he cut the ropes off of Randi's hands.

"Thanks Ray", Randi said as she stretched her arms. She watched as Ray cut the ropes off of the other people's arms.

"That's everybody. So let's get out of here", Ray said after he cut the rope that held Pablo. Jessica stayed on the floor, ignoring everybody.

"You coming, Jessica?" Randi asked.

"Ya, I'm coming", Jessica replied as she got up, "Does anybody know where to go?"

"No, idea. We all had bags on our heads, so we don't know where we were taken", Ben explained.

"I'm sure that we will find our way out of here", Ray said as he walked down a hallway, "Look. There is a door right there."

"Then let's get out of here!" Ben said as he and Ray walked up to the door. Ray opened up the door and looked outside. Literally seconds later he slammed the door close and held it shut.

"What's wrong?" Randi asked.

"They are everywhere. Walkers are lining the streets. They must have been attracted by the gunshots", Ray answered as he locked the padlock on the door.

"Then what are we going to do? We can't just walk out there", Randi said.

"We are going to have to either stay here tonight", Martin stated, "Or find some other way out."

"Well I definetly do not want to stay. Not with all of the walkers camped out around us", Randi said, "And Jessica is in no condition to stay here."

"Then it would probably be best if we found another way out. The ground is swamped with walkers, so I think that the best way to make it out would be to go to the roof", Ray explained, "Then we can climb across the roof tops to the outskirts of the city."

"Has anybody seen any stairs?" Martin asked, "Because I haven't seen any."

"There were some down the hall near the room Noah died in", Jessica replied, "I saw some when I ran to Noah."

"Then we backtrack. The faster we get to the roof the faster we get out of the city", Martin stated as he turned back. The group walked towards the stairs, hoping that it would be there exit out.

"There they are right there", Jessica said, pointing at the stairs. She started to climb up them, and the rest of the group followed behind. Jessica was a bit ahead of the group and she ended up finding a chunk of stairs missing from in front of her.

"Damn it! Guys! The stairs are broken. We can't go up anymore!" Jessica called as she looked at the stairs.

"What do you mean they are broken?" Ray asked as he raced up beside Jessica, "Oh. I see what you mean."

"We can still make it", Ray said trying to determine the distance between the two parts of the stairs.

"How? Some of us won't be able to make that gap", Jessica argued.

"We can make it. We will find a way across. How about you try to make it across, Jessica? I'm sure you could make it."

"Are you sure", Jessica asked, unsure if she could make the jump.

"It will be fine. It isn't too far."

"Okay. I will try", Jessica agreed. She backed up so she would have more running space. She ran towards the edge and leaped off. She flew across the gap and landed on the other side.

"See! I told you that you would make it!" Ray called out when Jessica made it across, "Now get ready! I'm going to throw Pablo across!"

"Okay!" Jessica said as she got close to the edge, "Throw him over!"

"Okay!" Ray said as he lifted Pablo, "Are you ready buddy?"

"Yup. Throw me over", Pablo answered. So Ray threw Pablo over the empty space, and Pablo landed on the other side. Jessica grabbed Pablo when he landed and pulled him away from the edge. Ray continued to help people over and then he jumped over himself.

"Okay. We are all good", Ben stated, "Let's keep going."

They continued to climb up the stairs until they found some furniture blocking them.

"We can't go up any higher", Ray stated, "The furniture is in the way."

"Then we will have to go through the building", Ben stated, "We might be able to find another way out."

"Sounds good to me", Martin said as he opened up a door, "We can go through here."

The group walked on to the floor and started to hear noises.

"Do you think that's a walker?" Pablo asked.

"It probably is", Ray said answered as he pointed his gun around, "Keep your guards up!"

They walked down the hall, each one of them had there guns up. They were looking for the noise that they heard. Just then two walkers came out of the hallway.

"There is our noise!" Ray said as he shot at the walkers. The two of them dropped to the ground and Ray walked up to them.

"That wasn't too difficult", he said as he kicked one of them in the head. He looked ahead and saw something moving in the distance. The thing then multiplied and they started getting closer and closer. When they were close enough, Ray finally could make it what they were.

"Shit! It's a huge group of walkers!" Ray yelled as he ran away from them, "Go out the window!"

"We won't all be able to make it out on time!" Randi stated as she ran to the window.

"Just do it if you want to stay alive!" Ray ordered when he got to the window, "I will try and slow them down! Just go out the window and climb across the ledge!"

He started to shoot at the walkers, as the rest of the group climbed out of the window. They walked across the ledge while Ray stayed inside. When everybody was out, Ben called out, "Okay, Ray! Get out of there!"

So Ray bolted to the window with the walkers close behind. He climbed out and slid across the edge. When the walkers got to the window they reached out to Ray, but he was already out of there reach.

"Slide across to the fire escape over there!" Ray said as he pointed at the fire escape. They started to slide across towards the fire escape. Ben was the first one to arrive, and he helped everybody else make it across.

"There is a window up there", Ray said when he got on the fire escape, "We will go back in to the building through there."

He started to lead the group up to the window. He looked down a few times, to see the swarms of walkers crowding the streets below.

"That's a lot of walkers", Ray said as he looked down, "It's kinda sad actually, considering that they all use to be people."

"We have been lucky to make it this far", Martin said, "Since there aren't many humans still left in the world, we should be trying to preserve our humanity. So it dissapoints me to see people from our group killing other people."

"We have to do what we need to do, Martin", Ray stated when he got to the window, "We won't survive if we care for everybody. We need to look out for the people that we trust."

"I know", Martin agreed, "But sometimes I just wish that this world hadn't gone to hell."

"Well it's not going to change", Ray said as he opened up the window, "We just need to keep moving forward."

Ray climbed in to the window and looked around. The door on the other side of the room was swinging back and forth. When he went focused on the door he got hit in the side of the head with the back of a gun.

"Raymond!" Martin yelled as Raymond fell to the ground.

واصل القراءة

ستعجبك أيضاً

Afraid بواسطة Lizzie&Dizzie

الخيال العلمي

104 6 6
A group lost in a Zombie Apocalypse is trying to survive for as long as possible. With surprises at every turn.
118 19 21
Hordes of undead and Bandits threaten a group of survivors trying to find a place to call home. It seems as though there are many mysteries of the ne...
279 11 32
After a multitude of events that leaves the world in an apocalyptic state occurs different survivors must adapt to the new post apocalyptic world an...
114 0 23
A zombie virus is released on the world, adults and children are torn apart indiscriminately as entire countries fall in chaos. A group of teenage st...