Reality check (Complete)

By Lips1ikesugar

Alicia has been in a Coma for the last 12 months following a deathly car accident , when she wakes up she rea... More

Prologue
Chapter Two
Chapter three
Chapter four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seveteen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Ninteen
Chapter Twenty [Finale]
Sequel ?

Chapter One

181 6 4
By Lips1ikesugar

-------> I totally love that song, and i just thought it would somehow fit into this chapter, i dont know, but either way, this song is niceee

First chapter, Yaaaay or Nayyy

______________________________________

Chapter One:

My eyes fluttered open to the sight and sound of loud machines. The room I was in was brightly lit, with the constant beeping of equipment.

I leaned forward and squinted my eyes. Where was I? The room was extremely plain, painted a dull eggshell color. Other than the few chairs and a desk, the room was completely empty.

This is weird...

Thankfully, my eyes finally adjusted so I could see clearly. I looked beside my bed to see a woman with dark brown eyes and short, brown hair staring back at me with a surprised expression on her face. She seemed very familiar. Suddenly, it hit me.

"...Mom?" I finally said, sounding very hoarse as if I hadn't talked in a while.

At this, my mother's eyes brightened. She quickly came closer and wrapped her arms around me.

"Honey!" She started crying, "You're okay!"

I blinked at her in confusion. At that time, my stomach growled loudly.

"I'm hungry."

My mother blew into a tissue and stared at me quizzically.

"What was that, dear?"

I sniffed the air and caught a slight trace of food.

"Mom, I smell food. I want food. I like chicken." I said in small sentences. "Make me chicken. But make sure you use salt instead of sugar this time."

My mother smiled wanly.

"Oh, sweetie!" She wiped another tear away. "I don't think we can take the IV out just yet."

I gave her a look of confusion.

"IV? What IV?" I instantly looked down at my arm to see a needle attached to it. My jaw dropped, panicking immediately. "OH MY GOD! I'M DEAD!"

This caused my mom to widen her eyes. "Nurse!" She called, "Someone?"

"Oh my god! You killed me! It was that dinner you served last night! WASN'T IT?"

"Sweetie! Calm down!" My mother cried. "You're in the hospital. Please, calm down."

I bit my lip in fear.

"Hospital? Oh my god! Do I have food poisoning?"

My mother shook her head.

"Honey...don't you remember?"

"Huh?"

"Don't you remember the accident?"

I thought for a minute and slowly shook my head, no. My mother sighed and closed her eyes, as if pained by the memory.

"You...don't remember." She said the question more like a statement.

I stared at her in mystification.

"What happened?"

...

It's funny how you think that something is real, but then later you find out it's not? It's just like how your life could be just perfect one minute, and the next minute, it totally changes.

That's me all right.

You see, right now, I see my future going down the toilet. The past year, what I thought was real...wasn't. My mother had explained everything to me and every word she added to her sentences, the more and more I felt like falling into an endless sleep...like I was doing before.

About a year ago, when I was just sixteen, there was this party. I'm not sure whose it was, or even where it was, all I knew was that I wanted to go. My mother said that she would not allow it. Having heard that I would be in the presence of alcohol, scared her. Being a single mother wasn't very easy for her, and I knew I should've been a better daughter. I should've been more supportive and listened to her. Instead...I did the complete opposite.

We argued. I screamed. I shouted. I would just not listen to her. In a rage, I had slammed the door and stayed up in my room. Even if I was able to sneak out, I wouldn't have a ride. I didn't have a license. Still, I had an idea.

In my need to be popular and fit in, I overlooked all the consequences and dangers I was going to be putting myself into. I snuck into my mother's room, took her car keys, and slipped out of the house.

I knew it was illegal. I even surprised myself by what I was doing. I only had my G1 and the time my father was alive, he had taught me how to drive a little.

The party wasn't too far away. I could make it.

I ignited the engine and reversed out of the driveway. Happy with myself I sped down the road un-noticed by my mother.

After a few minutes of driving, I was very close to the party. Unfortunately, I was totally oblivious as to how fast I was driving as I entered an intersection.

In those three seconds...

...I almost lost my life.

I went into a head on collision with another car.

According to my mother, the impact was so great; I had suffered from brain damage and was put into a state of comatose.

To this day, I had thought that what I had been experiencing in my state of comatose was real. To wake up one day and find out that my life was a figment of my imagination...sucks.

I had dreamt up my perfect life. My perfect friends. Harvey...

So here I was back at home with my mother. I was released from the hospital a few days later and was pretty much sitting in the living room, crying into a pillow.

I still wasn't used to this house. The house in my dream was completely different. Where were the blue walls? The decorated carpets? The red tapestries?

This wasn't the home I expected. Still, I didn't dare tell my mother. She had gone through enough already.

I sniffed loudly. This caused my mom to walk in and stare at me with concern. I looked up at her slowly.

"Honey, you need to get out of this house. Why don't you go out for a walk? Maybe it'll refresh your memory." She suggested.

"Mom, leave me alone."

"Listen." Mom came and sat down next to me. She put an arm on my back and rubbed it soothingly. "I know this is hard for you, but you have to understand that you have to accept this..."

I sighed loudly.

"Mom, you don't understand! My life was perfect! To find out it was all just a lie..."

"Alicia. Really. You can't be cooped up in here forever! You have to learn to adjust to this new life."

"I don't want to!" I screeched.

My mother's face looked pained.

"Alicia...please."

I stood up abruptly. I didn't want to see her like this.

"Ok. Fine. I'll go!" I walked out of the house, slamming the door behind me. I hated how my life was going so far.

I kicked a pebble down the sidewalk.

"Damn reality!" I shouted and kicked another.

I then sighed to myself and looked down at my shoes.

What was the point of getting pissed off? I was just wasting energy. There was no way things would go back to normal anyways. Well, considering I knew what normal meant. I had no clue of who I was anymore.

Suddenly, I bumped into something hard. I quickly looked up to see a girl, who was very short. My guess was around five feet two. She had stick straight, red hair accompanied by her hazel eyes. She stared back at me with a sneer written on her face.

"Watch where you're going, freak!" She rolled her eyes and continued on her way.

"Bitch." I mumbled as I pushed past her.

The girl suddenly stopped in her tracks and whipped around. She put her hands on her hips and gave me a death glare.

"What did you just call me?"

She stepped closer to me and tried giving me an intimidating look. I took my own step forward and snickered, towering over her. She was nothing compared to my five feet six inch tall frame.

I smiled sweetly at her.

"I called you a bitch because you can't keep that fat ass of yours from flapping around."

The girl's eyes narrowed.

"Listen, slut. I don't know who you think you are, but you look pretty new to this town so let me set a few things straight. You never ever dare talk to me like that again, got it?"

"Whatever." Brilliant come back, Alicia. Wonderful.

The girl rolled her eyes and stomped away. Whatever. That girl didn't scare me. Still, she did remind me of school tomorrow.

Shit.

Luckily, I had started school early. Even though I had missed a year of school, I would be in the grade I should've been; with people my own age.

I suddenly decided on a plan for the next day. I didn't care what this new life was going to throw my way. I was going to listen to my mom for once and try and adjust to this life.

I'm just going to ride it out.

__________________________

Edited 03/02/2013

If there are still some errors let me know :)

Continue Reading