Brick Girl [Completed]

By niccieff

Tara leads a painful and solitary life. Abused by her mum and bullied by others. All she has is her best frie... More

Brick Girl
The girl with no name
Slice of heaven
Tripped on air
Waddle like a duck
Pretty boy
If something is too good to be true...
Bar
I live for danger
Lighter than Air
Bruised Banana
I'm no good for you
I needed him
I promise I'll wait
Day at the beach
Not going anywhere
Time to tell the truth
Where you go, I go
Dizzy New Heights
Time to say goodbye
You
Winter term
Fate
Surprise
Ready
Much better
Alone
Memories
Exhibition
Date Night
Christmas Eve
Christmas
How to say goodbye
Time flies
Girl at the Art Show
Bones to Liquid
Feels like home
Dont push me away
The Hero dies in this one
Four months

What were they feeding you?

43 2 1
By niccieff

Zeke

I opened the door to the apartment and closed it behind me. I could hear noise in the kitchen so I made my way down the hall and opened the door.

Sarah was eating breakfast, looking out the window. The radio was playing in the background. She turned and saw me.

"Hey," she smiled warmly. "Where have you been?"

"Out," I said ,walking to the coffee machine and pouring a large cupful. I sat opposite her at the table.

"Ok. So what are we going today? I've got so many things I want to see before we head up to Scotland."

"I think we need to have a talk Sarah. I think we've managed to get our wires crossed here. You know we aren't in a relationship don't you?"

Sarah leaned back in her chair and looked at me with an unusual expression.

"I just don't think it is a good idea for you to come back to Scotland with me. I'm happy to stay down in London with you a few days but I'll be going back home alone." I continued.

"It's because of her isn't it?" She murmured.

"What?"

"Tar. I know you guys were together. I saw the book of drawings you have in your rucksack when we were at camp." She spoke in a hard, flat tone.

"You went through my things?" I stood up and poured my coffee down the sink. "Wait, you knew and you told her I was your boyfriend?"

She shrugged, "Sure. We are. You just don't realise it yet."

"Sarah, we aren't! We had fun but it was nothing more than that. You knew that!"

Sarah walked over to me and placed her hands on my chest.

"Zeke. Come on. She clearly doesn't want you. I do."

I took her hands and moved them away.

"I'm sorry but no. I don't want to and, what's worse, you did something really sneaky."

I left the room and grabbed my rucksack out the room I'd been sleeping in. Sarah followed me.

"You're leaving?" She shouted.

"Yes."

I felt something whizz past my ear and then I saw Sarah's coffee cup smash against the wall.

"Shit!" I gasped.

"Don't you fucking dare leave me!" She yelled.

I shook my head, turned and walked out.

I just wanted to go home and be with Tar.

-----------------------------------------------------

Tara

I shoved my clothes into my bag quickly. After I had seen Zeke, I walked out the back door and headed straight back to the apartment. I needed to get out of here. I needed to go back to Scotland.

My phone rang and I looked at the screen. Poppy.

I sighed and sat on my bed, I took a deep breath then answered.

"Hi."

"Tar, where are you? Simon and I came to the gallery and you were gone. Where are you?"

"I'm at the apartment. I need to go back to Scotland. Now."

"What? We were going to take you out tonight. Oh and guess who I bumped into..? Wait, is this why you're going?"

"I need to go home, Poppy. I've seen Zeke and his new girlfriend. I just need to get out of here. You and Simon can stay in my room. Just keep it clean when you leave."

I heard Poppy exhale loudly, "There's nothing I can say that's going to change your mind is there?"

"No. I just can't do this. I need to go home and think. I've managed to get a flight tonight."

"Hmm ok."

I ended the call and zipped up my bags. I had seen the message from Zeke and I hadn't replied. What could I say?

I walked out the building and hailed a taxi.

"Heathrow."

-----------------------------------------------------

Zeke

It wasn't until I got to the gallery and saw it closed that I realised I'd left my phone back at the apartment. I didn't know where Tar was, I didn't know where Poppy was. I ran my hand through my hair.

I needed to go home. I headed towards the tube station and caught the next tube to Heathrow. Maybe I could catch the next flight home.

---------------------------------------------------

Tara

I paid the taxi driver and made my way into Heathrow. I spotted the gate number and made my way to the check in. I could feel the tears prick my eyes as I checked my bag in and took my passport back.

I shoved my passport back in my bag turned and bumped into something hard.

"Ooft!"

I fell back on the floor and rubbed my head.

"Godamn!" I looked up and stared.

Zeke.

-----------------------------------------------------

Zeke

Tar sat on the floor in front of me rubbing her head, I offered her my hand but she kept staring at me.

I quickly picked up her bag and knelt beside her.

"Are you ok?"

"Why do I literally keep bumping into you?" She asked, rubbing her head.

I grinned at her and helped her to stand, "Well, you are a calamity."

She rolled her eyes and smiled. Her curls had fallen out of her hair tie and she had a mark on her head from banging into me.

I loved her.

"Well most people aren't made of concrete!" She retorted. "What were they feeding you in America? Gravel?"

I snorted with laughter.

"We better move, we are holding up the queue," I said, eyeing the grumpy people behind us. I led Tar away and we walked to a coffee shop.

I bought us a coffee each and we sat opposite each other.

"What are you doing here?" I asked her.

She blushed and stared at her cup.

"You were going home weren't you?"

"What about you? What are you doing here?" She asked, not answering my question.

"I'm going home." I answered truthfully.

"Alone?" She said, raising her eyebrow.

"Alone. Sarah was never my girlfriend, Tar. Wires were crossed and we thought different things. She wasn't happy and I..I wanted to go home and I wanted to see you." I took a swig of coffee.

She looked at me sceptically, "Those are some pretty big wires to cross."

I didn't know what else to say so I kept silent.

The tannoy rang out with details of the flight to Scotland. Tar looked at me and stood up.

"I guess I better get going," she said and shouldered her bag.

"Tar.." I stood up and reached out my hand. She hesitated then held it.

"Can I see you when I get back home?"

She nodded, her lips pressed tight together. I smiled in relief and gave her hand a gentle squeeze.

"Have a safe flight."

"Thanks," she walked forward and kissed me gently on the lips. I brought my hands up to hold onto her but she was already gone and moving to the escalator.

I sat back down and finished my coffee. I was going to go the flight desk and see when the next available flight was. I rummaged in my bag and pulled out the book Tar had given me with her drawings. I flicked through them until I found the one of the cottage. It was my favourite. It made me think of the weekend and now it made me think of meeting Tar again.

A pair of keys dropped onto the page. I looked up puzzled.

Tar was smiling down at me, "Fancy being my road trip buddy?"

-------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for reading! Please let me know what you think in the comments and don't forget to vote if you like it!

Thanks

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

405 68 23
Starting University is nerve racking. When Tara leaves home for the first time to move into the dorms at university, she's excited to start this new...
1.2K 83 30
Remi sensed a set of eyes on her. It was the first time she met Jahari, in her Sophomore year of high school. She falls for him, commits herself to h...
2.8K 367 52
Falling for a red flag is normal isn't it, but Tara's life totally changes when she falls for Aditya, a definition of bad boy with a golden heart. Bu...
2.6K 68 26
So the story is revolved around 2 alone and broken individuals, both were all alone since their birth but one's loneliness was visible while other's...