SUPPRESSION •Complete•

By savrose10

"This would be a better story if I were dead." -Freya Sinclair ••• Suppression was never the key, that doesn'... More

Note
SUPPRESSION
WELCOME TO THE CITY OF STAFFORD
WELCOME TO MUELLER HIGH
FANTASTICAL TEACHERS
ARTDOM
RE-REDECORATING
ROMANTICIZED
TRASH BIN HUGGER
FACEBOOKING, TWEETING, AND MESSAGING
ANOTHER YEAR OLDER
GAVIN . . .
THE WINDOW TO THE SOUL
IT'S PINK WITH SNAKE BITES
THAT MORNING FEELING
A LITTLE LOLA GOES A LONG WAY
HOMEMADE PRESENTS
AN INVITATION
BOTTOMS UP
FATEFUL NIGHT
FIRST TIMES
THE AKAWARDNESS AFTERWARDS
CONFESSIONS
WHAT FEAR WAS
ENGLISH COACH
TROUBLEMAKER
BREAKDOWN
THANKSGIVING
THAT'S THAT
CONFRONTATION
THERAPY
CRAWLING BACK
WINTER FORMAL
CONFRONTATION 2.0
FIRST SESSION
THAT TIME OF YEAR
CHRISTMAS EVE
CHRISTMAS SURPRISE
FRIENDSHIP
DITCHING
RECONNECTING
MORE THEN FRIENDS
SPEAK UP
GIVE SOME AND TAKE SOME
VALENTINES LEAP
HOME GAME
SLIPPING TO THE PAST
LOLA'S BURDEN
SUN SHINING THROUGH
LOST
APRIL
A CALL
A DATE TO REMEMBER
HOLLOW
MY STORY
AFTERMATH
ALONE
Final Author Note

CRAZY ART FANTASIES

84 6 0
By savrose10

CRAZY ART FANTASIES

I was looking forward to art. I couldn't wait for art all day. Mostly because I didn't have to do a thing. I had an A for the rest of the marking period. I could take a nap for all he cares. But that would be rude.

Mr. Jekyll and Hyde: "Today you will pick a little slip of paper out of the soccer ball."

Mr. Jekyll and Hyde came around the classroom, each kid grabbing a slip of paper from the deflated soccer ball.

Mr. Jekyll and Hyde: "Freya, read your paper out loud first."

Me: "Bird."

Mr. Jekyll and Hyde: "Heather next."

Heather: "Book."

Mr. Jekyll and Hyde: "Skyler, go."

Skyler: "Rose."

Mr. Jekyll and Hyde: "Gavin?"

Gavin: "Football."

And so on until everyone read out there paper.

Mr. Jekyll and Hyde: "This is your assignment for the first marking period. You will take your word and transform it into a deeper meaning. For example, I pick tree. I can draw any type of tree I'd like, but now I must give it emotion. I could draw a willow tree with it's leaves bleeding. Or maybe use different objects to create my tree. I must take it and give it a new life. Any questions?"

Hands shot up, but I didn't pay them any notice. This assignment was too easy. All I have to do is give my bird a deeper meaning.

Mr. Jekyll and Hyde: "I don't care how it's done, drawn, sculpture, 3D art. Don't care as long as it's art. You can make it graffiti for all I care."

He just made it easier.

I pulled out my phone and began researching birds. Which bird would I use?

I spent nearly the whole period looking at bird species. I wasn't a great artist, so I had to pick an easy looking bird. I picked a Humming Bird. Probably a bad idea, but I like Humming Birds.

I pulled up a picture on my phone and began to sketch it in my notebook. By the time the bell rang I had a bunch of half erased lines. I sighed and ripped out the sheet. Crumbling it and throwing it in the basket.

All through science I fantasized about what I could turn my Hummingbird into. The more I thought about it the harder it seemed to get. How do I make a bird have a deeper meaning? I wish I got tree.

Random Guy: "Pst, Freya?"

Me: "..."

Random Guy: "Pst, Freya?"

I felt something hit me in the back of my head. Slowly turning around I saw Gavin getting ready to shoot another paper ball at me.

I arched an eyebrow at him, entirely confused at what was happening.

He got up and sat next to me at my lab table.

Gavin: "So, you're smart, right?"

Me: "..." I shrugged my shoulders.

Gavin: "I have no idea what to do about my art project. I got a football. How do I add a deeper meaning to a football?"

Me: "..." I shrugged again.

Gavin: "Come on, please help me?" He whined.

I had an idea, it probably wasn't good, but what the hell.

I took out my notebook and began sketching. I probably should have been paying attention to my science teacher, but she was boring.

I sketched an out line of the football, then tried having the leather of the football peeling back to reveal the inside.

I showed Gavin the sketch.

Me: "You could draw different things inside the football or maybe write words that mean something to you."

Gavin: "Wow, thanks Freya."

He ripped out my sketch and went back to his seat.

Now if only I could figure out something for my bird.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

79 0 21
If I stayed, maybe I won't have to be feeling this regret that strangles me every day. If I stayed, maybe I would have been someone I had always drea...
15.4K 320 41
Lucinda is a girl with a heart of gold but more baggage than she can carry. Nathan is reclusive guy who has seen too much for his years. Alex is a h...
6.6K 326 6
"Well, I didn't have much of a choice." ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ "We all have choices." "Yeah, well some choices are taken from you while others leave you w...
297K 8.4K 49
Everyone has something that kills them inside. The only difference is some people have the illusion of family while others don't even have that anymo...