Green Lantern's Protégée

Od TheSpiffyWriter

Hal Jordan, one of the Green Lanterns and member of the Justice League, was chosen long ago by a cosmic ring... Viac

Foreword
1: "Thank god he left that stupid hat."
2: "We're the luckiest idiots in the whole galaxy!"
3: "Because you're not a Green Lantern."
4: "There is no such thing as too many s'mores."
5: "Cult? Like, Shark Bait oh-ah-ha?"
6: "That's male genitals in a sweatshirt."
7: "Pretend I was violently assaulted by a rabid squirrel."
8: "Unless by hot-headed you mean I'm hot, then yeah I am!"
9: "Oh, I didn't tell you? I'm a Green Lantern."
10: "Toto, I don't think we're in Nevada anymore!"
11: "I swear, I will kick you out of space one day!"
12: "What happened to your ear?"
13: "I'll make sure to invite you to my birthday party!"
15: "You got me. It is I-Batman."
16: "How 'bout Count Verti-no!"
17: "If Cyra was there, then you would probably be doing something destructive."
18: "Bow to your new queen!"
19: "I knew I shouldn't have shown up today."
20: "Trust me, I'm as mentally stable as you can get."
21: "NINETY-EIGHT BOTTLES OF MILK ON THE WALL!"
22: "What's wrong with saying 'dude'?"
23: "Mood."
24: "Did anyone bring the catnip?"
25: "Good thing I wasn't probed."
26: "Looks like capitalist greed is universal."
27: "Did I just make Wally West speechless?"
28: "There's a less chance of the house being destroyed when Cyra's not in it."
29: "Cyra is like a raccoon."
30: "Walt Disney is haunting me."
31: "I'm not hungry. My stomach is full of deceit."
32: "Are you here about the five dollar large pizzas?"
33: "Aww, teenagers' quarrel."
34: "Superboy would treat me better than this."
35: "What? No 'welcome home, dad'?"
36: "What type of knight would I be if I puked on my princess?"
37: "Why didn't you hit me first? I feel insulted."
38: "Where's my goodnight kiss?"
39: "My mom always said that I'd end up at the circus."
40: "Clowns always deserve to get punched."
41: "The Big Bang I"
42: "The Big Bang Part II"
43: "I am the mole."
44: "Well, Team, we got some heroes to beat up."
"In the brightest day, in the blackest night."
Final Note
Q and A
Release Date and Title Reveal
SPECIAL: Charlie's Story
RELEASED!

14: "So Shere Khan and Dumbo walked into a bar."

6K 259 216
Od TheSpiffyWriter

Mount Justice

September 23, 06:34 EDT

"Pfft," Cyra let out. "I could do that." 

The Team was sitting around a table as League members milled around them, including Green Lanterns Hal Jordan and John Stewart. John had made a big crane construct, making Cyra push him off as a show-off. 

"Synchronizing Cave security protocols with Watchtower mainframe," The Super-Siri called out from Martian Manhunter tippity-typing on the holographic computer. 

Green Arrow and Black Canary stood next to their table, making sure the heroes didn't decide to do something stupid to blow up the world or something. In a way to make them more comfortable, Green Arrow placed a bowl of pretzels in front of Wally.

"Thanks, but no thanks," Wally muttered. 

"Yeah! What we want are answers," Robin spoke up. "About Red Tornado and his siblings." 

"And why they tried to kill us," Cyra added as she spun her ring in front of her face. 

"Exactly! Wait—" Wally exclaimed as Green Arrow started to take the bowl of pretzels away. "Leave the bowl." 

Wally ate the pretzels loudly and for once Cyra ignored the growing hunger in her stomach to shoot him a glare before drawing her gaze back to her ring. 

"You knew!" Superboy's shout made Cyra jump in her seat as she looked over and saw the Boy of Steel had Aqualad by the collar of his shirt. "Red Tornado and his maniac family nearly killed M'gann!"

And me. And Wally, and Robin, and Artemis, and Aqualad, Cyra added in her head as she rolled her eyes. 

"Connor! What are you doing?" M'gann flew to intercept the scuffle. 

"Kaldur knew we had a traitor among us and said nothing!" Superboy yelled, this causing the whole team to stand up. 

Cyra slipped back on her ring and leaned against the table. 

"You knew?" Robin questioned angrily. 

"And didn't tell us?" Wally finished. 

Aqualad tried to defend himself. "I sought to protect the team—"

"Protect us from what?" Artemis butted in. "Knowledge that could have saved our lives?"

Aqualad threw Cyra a look that screamed for help. Cyra pursed her lips and shrugged her shoulders. "Not cool, dude."

"You almost died," Superboy looked to M'gann.

"Enough," A dark voice ordered as Batman. "With Red Tornado . . . missing, the Team will now be overseen by rotating supervisors. Captain Marvel has volunteered to take the first shift." 

A guy in a red suit and yellow lightning bolt insignia stepped forward. 

Flash copy-cat, Cyra thought as she turned up her nose. At least this guy has a cape. 

"I'm really looking forward to hanging with you guys," Captain Marvel grinned at them. 

"Speak for yourself," Cyra said what was on everyone else's mind, but Robin hit her in the back of the head for it. "Ow!"

"After I dismantle Red Tornado," Superboy turned to Aqualad. "You and I are gonna—"

Batman interrupted, "Red Tornado is a member of the Justice League. That makes him a League responsibility. You will leave him to us." 

"But he didn't try to off the League," Cyra said as she mimed getting her throat slit. 

Batman turned his Bat-Glare to the young Green Lantern. "You will leave Red Tornado to the League, understood?"

"Ahhh, yo no habla englais," Cyra said as she mocked a Spanish accent. "So sorry, yo no comprendo." 

Green Arrow let out a muffled snort and Batman turned to glare at him before looking back at Cyra. "If any of you make a move to find and fight Red Tornado, you will be off the team." 

"Oh no," Cyra said with fake fear. "Off the Team run by the League, who keeps us in the dark ninety-five percent of the time and the other five percent doesn't let us do anything to help!"

"I have another assignment for this team," Batman changed the subject as a newspaper article opened on a holographic projection. 

"Figures," Cyra scoffed.

 "Gotham mayor by Guerilla Gorilla?" Kid Flash read with doubt evident in his voice. 

"Batman please!" Robin spoke up to his mentor. "Tell us you're not sending us on this joke of an ape chase!"

"I never joke about the mission," Batman emphasized, making Robin shy away. "I've checked the sources, I've studied the patterns—Mayor Hill's encounter was only one in a series of incidents. Aqualad, you and your team will depart of India and check this out."

Aqualad nods in confirmation. 

"Huh, your team," Kid Flash scoffs as he walks by the Atlantean as Cyra hurries out of the room, ready to go beat some butt of the bad guys to let off some steam. 

Cyra plops herself down in her seat in the Bio-ship and sets her chin on her hand silently, which was odd for the Green Lantern. Hal tried to talk to her on the way to the Bio-ship but was ultimately ignored. 

"Aww, is the wittle Lantern pouting because she didn't get to hit some robot?" Wally mocked from behind her, not in much of a better mood then she. 

Cyra ignored him, making Wally narrow his eyes in suspicion before he decided it was best to drop the subject. Captain Marvel got in the ship and took a seat in front of Cyra, giving her a target to glare at.

M'gann steered the Bio-ship out of the Cave and into the sky on the way to India—all while giving Cyra a worried look. 

"You seem distressed," M'gann spoke telepathically to the moody Green Lantern. 

"I guess you didn't need mind reading to know that," Green Lantern turned her head to the window, talking to M'gann without even looking at her. 

"You seem angry. I don't have to read you, it just rolls off you in waves. I get that Red Tornado's betrayal hurt and Batman snapped at you, but I don't think that's what you are angry about." 

"Why don't you just read my mind and find out?"  Cyra snapped as her jaw clenched. 

"You know I don't do that."  Cyra could see M'gann's frown in the reflection in the window. "I am just asking you what is wrong."

Cyra was silent for a moment—both physically and mentally.

"It's my ring." 

M'gann sounded confused, "I thought it still worked."

"It does," Cyra assured her. "But I lost it."

"And got it back," M'gann pointed out. 

"Yeah, but I almost didn't. I need that ring and . . . I don't know what I would have done without it," Cyra confessed. 

"You are a great hero with or without your ring, Cyra.

"That's the thing," Cyra said—sounding lighter, but with a malicious twang to her voice. "I'm not. I'm not a ninja like Black Canary or a super genius like Batman. Without that ring, I'd still be 'ol Cyra Brion who went to school, came home and ate food. 'Ol Cyra Brion with a minimum wage job who died when she was seventy and was forgotten a year after." 

"I'd never forget you! " M'gann said, horrified at her friend's thoughts. 

"Without the ring," Cyra thought darkly. "You would have never met me at all." 

Northern India

September 23, 21:36 IST

Cyra flew down from the Bio-ship with the others as Robin called the all clear. 

"Switch to stealth," Aqualad ordered as he switched his suit to black. "And we review mission parameters."

"Parameters? We don't need no stinkin' parameters," Kid Flash scoffed. 

Cyra focused and managed to lessen her green glow, which turned out to be her type of stealth. M'gann was still giving the Green Lantern worried looks, but they were ignored. 

"It's recon, we know what to do," Robin snapped as he and Kid Flash started to move away from there so-called leader.  

"Kid, Robin!" Aqualad called to them. 

"The four of us started this team because the Justice League was keeping secrets from us!" Robin glared at Aqualad. 

"Or did you forget about that like you forgot to tell us about the mole," Kid Flash slid on his goggles as he and Robin disappeared into the forest. 

"C'mon," Superboy grabbed Miss Martian. "I'll keep you safe."

M'gann yanked her arm away from the oaf and glared at him as she seemed to be having a telepathic conversation with him as she was with Cyra on the ship. The green girl crossed her arms angrily as Superboy looked hurt. 

"I just want to protect you," He defended himself weakly. 

"Like Aqualad protected us?" Artemis butted in as she nudged Superboy in the chest with her bow. "I don't think your protection or patronizing is good for out health."

They follow Robin and Kid Flash's example by stalking into the woods. 

"You coming with?"  Miss Martian asked Green Lantern, but the girl just shook her head and looked to the ground. 

"Why didn't you stop them? You're supposed to be in charge!" Superboy exploded at Aqualad. 

"I am—" Superboy jumped away before Aqualad could finish, leaving GL and Captain Marvel with him. 

"Umm, did I miss the part where you actually said what the plan was?" Captain Marvel asked. 

Cyra rolled her eyes as she floated a few feet from the ground. "He didn't, because they were all too busy running away with the ants in their pants." 

Aqualad looked confused at the Green Lantern. "Aren't you mad at me too?" 

GL shrugged her shoulders. "Meh, but I understand why they want to punch you. Some people don't like not knowing that one of their teammates just might go crazy and kill them."

"I was just trying—"

"Yeah yeah yeah," Cyra interrupted the Atlantean. "Protect the team, I heard it before. You didn't do such a good job protecting them did you?"

Aqualad let out a sigh of defeat. "I guess I didn't. Do you not plan to fly off into the forest too?"

The Green Lantern let out a grunt. "I just want to get this mission done and over with so I can go home."

Cyra was flying ahead of the two other heroes, but could still hear their conversation. 

"Guess this is where Mayor Hills' monkey business went down," Captain Marvel said as they found a large set of ape prints. "So, at least we confirmed his story—right? Aqualad?" Captain Marvel questioned after the fish-boy's lapse of silence. 

"My apologies, Captain," Aqualad sounded tired. "I am . . . plagued by doubts." 

"And mosquitoes," Cyra added as she slapped one of the bugs that landed on her cheek. 

"Perhaps I was wrong to withhold—" The bro-to-bro session was interrupted by a loud rustling in the woods and a shake of the ground, followed by a pink, angry elephant changing out of the woods at them. 

"What did they do to Dumbo?" Green Lantern yelled right before she was hit by the trunk of the elephant, flying into the nearby tree. 

Captain Marvel jumped at the elephant and hit it, but was flung into another tree as Cyra was. Cyra stood shakily to her feet as she flew up and readied a large hammer construct, prepared to launch this elephant into the nearest ocean when she was hit from behind by another large mutant elephant. 

Aqualad avoided the attacks of the elephants, before falling next to Captain Marvel, who was eyeing up a tiger. Cyra got up again, swearing as she flew into the air and next to her fellow comrades.

"So Shere Khan and Dumbo walked into a bar," Cyra said before the tiger lunged at her, but Cyra was prepared with a large spray bottle, that hit the tiger and sent it sprawling into the dirt. "And they all peed their pants when they found out that Green Lantern was the bartender!"

Captain Marvel flew at one of the elephants, knocking them away with a burst of strength as Cyra turned to the blue one, who roared in her face before grabbing and flinging Cyra into yet another tree. 

Cyra managed to shield herself before impact, saving a few bones as she got back up to see Aqualad doing his waterbending thing and ripping some collar off of the elephant, leaving it docile and a little bit tired as it lumbered off into the forest. 

"Remove the collars!" Aqualad ordered Captain Marvel, who ripped the collar off the other elephant, causing it to pause and stumble away like a drunken sailor. 

Cyra found herself next to the League member and her team leader as Captain Marvel complimented, "That was pretty sweet how you figured out it was the collars." 

Aqualad narrowed his eyes. "But the collars indicate an intelligence behind this attack. The rest of the team may also be at risk." 

"Maybe Simba would come join the party too," Cyra shrugged. "Are there lions in India?"

"Team, report status," Aqualad spoke into his comm, which made a horrible static sound. "Ugh, comms are jammed and Miss Martian failed to install a telepathic link before we split up."  

"Actually, you let everyone split up before communications were set," Captain Marvel said. 

"They wouldn't listen!" Aqualad attempted to defend himself. 

Captain shrugged. "I guess, but back at the Cave—Batman stopped everyone from arguing with one word." 

"But Batman is . . . Batman!"

"Valid description," Cyra nodded her head approvingly.

"Hey, you don't have to tell me. When I first joined the League, all he did was boss me around and it's hard not to take it personally, but I never disobeyed an order and that's probably what kept me alive," Captain Marvel explained.

"Batman takes command. He has to—for the good of the League," Aqualad spoke his thoughts.

"Or maybe he's a control freak who can't trust anyone," Cyra said, causing two pairs of eyes to turn and glare at her. "Or we can go with what Nemo said."

 Aqualad turned back to Captain Marvel. "Thank you, I understand."

"Hey, wisdom of Solomon," Captain Marvel pointed to his head. 

Aqualad suddenly froze as he spoke to himself, "Yes, Miss Martian? Report." 

Cyra was suddenly thrown into the telepathic comms link as well. 

"Artemis and I were attacked by animals with inhibitor collars, like those used on convicts at Bell Reve prison."

Something caught Captain Marvel's eye. "Cool, look—the tiger! I'll be right back!"

Captain Marvel ran away despite Aqualad's calls to come back. 

"I'll go get him," Cyra grumbled as she flew after the older hero. 

The pair followed the tiger to a clearing, where it turned around and growled at Captain. 

"Hey there mister, I bet you would like Cap to take that nasty collar off, don't you?" Captain Marvel asked slowly as he neared the tiger. 

Green Lantern caught up from behind him. "Are you sure you want to be doing that? We all know what happened to Mowgli. He died."

"No, he didn't," Captain gasped as if the very idea was horrifying. 

Cyra nodded with false sadness. "In the book he did." 

"No way," Captain's mouth fell open and Cyra felt as if she was talking to a ten-year-old.

"Yes way," Cyra said with a smile of fake pain. 

The collar suddenly shocked the tiger, making it wince in pain and growl deeper. Captain moved to help it, but three metal beams suddenly shot out of the ground and before Cyra could fly away, she went limp and fell to the ground along with Captain Marvel—neither of which is able to move. 

"What's happening?" Cyra forced out as she tried to force her ring to make a construct, but the ring pulsed painfully on her finger. "Too much force . . . ring not working!"

A gorilla in a beret jumped down from the trees and stared at his caught prey. Cyra blinked a few times to make sure she was seeing straight. The ape roared as it pounded his chest, which was decorated with bullet sleeves. 

"Terk, is that you?" Cyra asked before the force made her lose consciousness. 

"Miss Martian, I need a telepathic link-up with the entire team. Now! " Aqualad ordered. 

"Link established. "

"Should you really still be giving us orders? " Artemis questioned before thinking to M'gann, "And should you really be following them?"

"Listen, please!"  Aqualad pleaded. 

"Oh look, Aqualad's voice in my head. I so missed that," Kid Flash thought sarcastically. 

"Hey Kaldur, KF and I were attacked by giant vultures, 'course since were moles you probably think we attacked ourselves," Robin thought mockingly.  

"If he did, we wouldn't tell you," Artemis snapped. 

"Superboy, are you online or just pouting?" Miss Martian asked. 

"Busy. Call back later," Superboy thought curtly before remaining silent as he found with his wolf friend.

"What gets me is how nonchalant he is about telling us," Kid Flash spoke as Aqualad moved through the brush and found the three metal poles where Terk made his abduction. 

"He should be chalant, way chalant! Extremely chalant!"  Robin agreed. 

"How can we be a team if he doesn't trust us with his secrets? " Artemis added. 

M'gann thought sourly, still thinking about before. "Or Connor doesn't trust us to take care of ourselves."

"Did he really think you or I could be the mole? " Kid Flash questioned. 

"You and I have known each other for years," Robin added. 

Aqualad found some ape footprints and glared at the ground. 

"Trust is a two-way street!"

"And you know they would hate it if we kept secrets from them!"

"Not that we would do that. Never."

"Enough!" Aqualad ordered angrily, tired of their restless complaining. Aqualad ripped once of the metal beams out of the ground with a cry of rage. "Captain Marvel and Green Lantern have been captured and we must act as a team to save them."

"Under your leadership," Kid Flash scoffed. "I don't think so."

"This is not up for debate. You all chose me to lead and when the mission is over you can select a new leader and I will happily step down, but until that time I am in command here."

Aqualad threw down the metal beam and stalked away, with his team at the ready to follow his commands. 

Cyra woke up to the obnoxious growl of a tiger and the bright lights of multiple screens in her eyes. Not to mention being strapped down to the table with her Green Lantern ring missing. 

Cyra let out a groan. "Not this again."

"Why can't I move?" Captain Marvel asked and Cyra was sure she had a concussion as she heard a French accent answer. 

"It is obvious, le no? Your collars are set to prohibit movement from the neck down. I have allowed you to retain the power of speech since it might get loud during la procedure," The voice spoke as Cyra suddenly heard the scary sound of a sharp object spinning. 

"La procedure? What procedure?" Captain Marvel questioned. 

"I have always wondered the effect of your powers on the cerebral cortex—"

"I think we got a mistake her, doc. I have my dentist appointment last month," Cyra said as she struggled against her bonds. "Now if you would just give me my ring, I would be on my way out of here."

"Ah, la Lantern Vert. Now you are just a regular homosapien. I have no use for you, just your ring," The voice spoke and Cyra looked offended. 

"Sorry not sorry, but that ring can't do crap without me."

"This is true, but if I can see the ring's central power, I could find a way to clone it," The voice said and Cyra caught sight of her ring, which was sitting in a little clear box. "I have no use for you, except for spare parts."

"By spare parts, you don't by any chance mean a car, yeah?" Cyra asked hopefully.

"Non. Spare human parts. Monsieur Mallah, please prep for surgery," Mr. Frenchman said as Terk walked out of the dark corner of the room in a doctor's outfit. 

"Does he have his own wardrobe or something?" Cyra said as she sorely regretted coming on this mission. "I wish RT killed me when he had the chance." 

On his 1980s box TV had the Team on, fighting some stupid monkeys. 

"Go Mallah," The Frenchman ordered, leaving the ape with a doctorate to stumble away into battle. 

"Uh, Cap? You wouldn't happen to have any Justice League tech on you to help us out here?" Cyra asked and by the scared look on the Leaguer's face, she took it as a no. 

Alright, Cyra. You need to think your way out of this because relying on those idiots you call your friends ain't gonna get you anywhere, Cyra thought to herself as she looked around her room. She tried to call her Green Lantern ring, but it didn't even move in the little case. 

"You are not taking my brain!" Captain Marvel shouted, not helping Cyra's focus. 

Cyra couldn't understand most of what the robot was saying, but it turns out to be a robot with a brain plopped down in the middle also did not help her thought process. 

Cyra closed her eyes as she ignored the stupid French around her and decided to use her head for once. She couldn't speed out of these bonds like Wally could (with a bloody nose), couldn't phase through like M'gann, couldn't Superboy it through, and couldn't do some Batman whatever to get out. At least Cyra took the comfort that Artemis would die in this situation too. 

Cyra's skills varied from the smallest amount of hand-to-hand combat, eating, and annoying people. 

Wait a minute. 

"Uh hey, Frog-Guy?" Cyra asked, attracting the attention of the robot. "You do know that Ultron already tried the whole 'end-the-world thing' and failed?"

"Le Ultron was only defeated due to unleveled play and humans unwilling to see the bigger picture," The Frenchy snapped. 

"Oh I'm sorry," Cyra said sarcastically. "I wasn't aware you were in love with Ultron."

The robot rolled up next to the Green Lantern. "You are nothing but spare parts, that I am feeling will be needed more soon than later." 

"You're just jealous that you're not as smart as Ultron!" Cyra mocked him. "I bet you I'm smarter than you."

The machine scoffed. "Doubtfully. I am all brain power, while you are nothing but a child."

"A child smarter than you!" Cyra taunted. "I challenge you to a game of chess!"

Cyra played chess a few times with her little brother, but that was it. 

"I accept."

The bounds around Cyra suddenly fell away as a board flew out before her from some robotic arms and the robot rolled its way to her. 

"Any movement to not play will result in your death," the brain spoke as a sharp object pricked her back. "White goes first."

Cyra looks down at her pieces and slowly moves the far right pawn one forward. 

"I'm already winning," She grinned and the robot moved one of his pawns. 

Cyra moved her little tower that was supposedly called a rook forward one space. 

The robot moved his knight. 

Cyra moved her little tower one space back. 

Cyra could see the brain thought before he moved forward another pawn. 

The Green Lantern moved her tower forward one space. 

It went on like that for a while. 

"You are just moving the same space repeatedly. You are not doing anything to benefit yourself!" The brain exclaimed. 

"Naw," Cyra grinned as her amber eyes glittered in mischief. "I don't really know how to play. I was always taller than my younger siblings, so when we would race to grab the remote, I would just jump onto my back and reach with my feet. Learned to change the channel with it too." 

Cyra revealed a remote. "Wonder what this button does."

The shackles around Captain Marvel retreated back into the metal, leaving the Leaguer to get up. Cyra then revealed around prize, a little doctor-y knife. Then she stabbed the brain right in the glass dome around its head and ran for her ring. 

The brain screamed in rage as Cyra grabbed the box and threw it to the ground, but it didn't shatter as she expected it too. 

"Ugh!" Cyra yelled as she stopped on the plastic a few times and when it finally snapped open, she slid her ring back onto her finger and was covered in her green suit. 

Cyra, mask over her eyes, grinned as she snapped her fingers and a green knight from the chessboard appeared in front of them. 

"The horse was always my favorite," Cyra said as the knight moved forward in an L shape before launching the brain across the room. 

The brain tried to get up, but the tiger leaped at it and took it down. 

"Traitor! You will pay for that!" The brain cried as the tiger went through an electric shock. 

"Stop that!" Captain yelled as he ran towards the robot and punched it, sending it flying into the wall again. 

Mallah burst through the wall, following its master. 

"Woah!" Kid Flash exclaimed as he popped his head through the newly made hole in the wall. "It's the brain!"

"I can see it's a brain," Artemis said as she followed the speedster through the hole.

"Not a brain, thee Brain!" Wally said, and Cyra rolled her eyes.

"I think he would prefer Le Brain."

"In the flesh, so to speak," The robot rolled up as his ape sidekick stood up. "Mallah."

The whole Team stood together, minus Cyra who was helping Shere Khan up from his place on the ground. Mallah pressed a button and three metal bars rose from the ground, shocking the team into submission. 

Miss Martian telepathically floated over the remote from earlier and turned off the thing before Superboy burst through the wall with a wolf at his side. This threw the whole team into attack mode. 

The Team seemed to be handing Terk pretty well as Cyra turned her sights onto the Brain. 

"We never finished our game," Cyra greeted before she made a construct and punched down on the Brain, sending it smashing into the ground. 

The Team surrounded the Brain and Mallah, who roared defiantly.

Superboy pounded his fists together. "Try it," He warned Mallah. "I hate monkeys." 

"No Mallah, this will not by our waterloo," The Brain said as he started to grow extensions. "Au revoir mes amies."

"Get down!" Kid Flash yelled and Cyra threw a shield around them as the lights went out before flickering back out. 

Cyra's arms went back to her side as the green shield disappeared. 

"Wait, that big weapon thing was a light switch?" Kid Flash asked in disbelief. 

"What are you grinning about?" Artemis asked Kid Flash as the three walked to the Bio-ship. 

"One word: souvenir," Wally said as he planted the ape's beret onto his head. 

"Two words," Artemis mocked. "Gorilla lice."

"Oh man!" Wally said as he threw the hat down in disgust, causing the Green Lantern to laugh. 

"Here you go, monkey-boy," Cyra tossed him a knight from the chess set that saved her life. "There's a souvenir for ya." 

Aqualad was taking a collar off a monkey when Cyra got to him. 

"That was the last of the collars?" Captain Marvel asked Shere Khan, who let out an affirmative growl. "And I can count on your to keep the other animals out of trouble?"

Another growl. 

"Good. I'll be back for a visit. Promise." Shere Khan bounded away, past Cyra who gave the large cat a wave before walking up to Superboy, Miss Martian, and Kid Flash—who was still holding her chess piece.

"The rest of the pack is gone," Superboy said to the white wolf who helped them fight. "What are you still doing here?"

"I think he wants to stay with you," Miss Martian smiled. 

"Can I keep him?" Superboy asked hopefully and Cyra rolled her eyes. 

"First Sphere, then this beast? Dude, you surely make a habit of collecting strays," Wally joked. 

"Maybe because he's such a stray himself," Miss Martian looked at Superboy kindly. 

Cyra grabbed Wally's arm and dragged the speedster away. "Let's leave the lovers to themselves." 

"Are you talking about us or is that just wishful thinking?" Wally asked jokingly as Cyra gave him an amused look. 

"I'm out of your league, Monkey-Boy."

They walked up to the steps of the Bio-ship, where Robin asked Aqualad, "Look, I need to know. Why did you keep the mole intel a secret?"

Everyone stopped to listen to the Atlantean's answer. 

Aqualad was silent for a minute before he said, "The tip came from Sportsmaster."

"What? You can't trust him!" Artemis exclaimed. 

"I did not. I thought he could be trying to divide the team with false information." 

"And giving how this mission went, he nearly succeeded," Robin said solemnly. "But you had to consider it might be true."

"Yes. As leader I did—in which case I did not want to alert the traitor."

"Hate to say it, but it makes sense," Robin admitted with an off smile. 

"I am still prepared to step down," Aqualad offered bravely. 

Cyra let out a snort. "Yeah right. Who else would lead if we didn't have you? Bird boy? Or the speedster who can eat hot dogs faster than he can run?"

"Hey!" Wally said, offended. 

"Or maybe the Boy of Steel who can't keep his anger in check or the Martian who wouldn't hurt a fly. Or maybe the girl who can just about shoot straight, but not give orders worth a dime?" 

"Ouch," Superboy said as Artemis and Miss Martian nodded there heads in confirmation of the Green Lantern's words.

"And what about you, oh Miss-High-and-Mighty," Wally rolled his eyes.

Cyra turned to him and poked his chest once. "I'm the one who would lead us into a hurricane if there was a buffet on the other side. I'm no leader and you aren't either so let's cut the crap," Cyra turned back to Aqualad. "Because you're leader if you want to or not."

Everyone was silent for a moment before Wally spoke up, "All in favor of Aqualad as leader?"

Everyone's hands went up, including Cyra—who put up both of them with a 'What-did-you-think-would-happen' look on her face.

Aqualad looked glad as Captain Marvel walked up to him and placed a hand on his shoulder. "I guess it's unanimous," The pair shook hands. "See you tomorrow!"

"You're not coming back with us?" Aqualad asked as the Leaguer started to walk down the steps of the Bio-ship.

"Nope, gotta fly," He said as he burst off the ground and into the air.

 "So what are you gonna name him?" M'gann asked Superboy about his new friend. 

"What's wrong with Wolf?"

"Too generic!" Wally yelled back and yelped when Cyra hit him in the back of the head. "But acceptable!"

Cyra rolled her eyes as she plopped herself down in her seat with a grin as Wally put his seat up on the back of her chair, causing her to slap them off. Wally growled slightly and Cyra stuck her tongue out. It seemed everything was back to normal for the Green Lantern. 

"You seem better," M'gann's voice entered her thoughts. 

"Seems like I'm more heroic than I thought." 

M'gann scoffed out loud. "I could have told you that." 

Cyra turned in her chair to give M'gann a wolfish smile. "Yeah, I know. I just forgot about what I could do without my ring."

"Have I ever told you the story on how I meet Green Lantern and became his sidekick?"

Pokračovať v čítaní

You'll Also Like

569K 15.4K 46
" You'll never know if you can fly , unless you take the risk of falling" ~Nightwing~ After the death of her parents and the disappearance of...
3.3K 124 20
"And I fell from the pedestal, right down the rabbit hole. Long story short, it was a bad time. Pushed from the precipice, clung to the nearest lips...
88.6K 2.5K 27
Life for Ember Phillips is fairly simple...wake up, go to school, spend time with her best friend, Wally West, and go beat up some bad guys with her...
55.6K 2.2K 29
i hear my heart breaking tonight, do you hear it too? ━━━━━━ dc's young justice wally west x fem!oc © keupid cover made by @bayports