Casual Affair (Niall Fanfic)

By niall1D2013

Niall Horan, famous song writer/party boy, finds his image being portrayed terribly by media and is determine... More

*Authors Note*
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
I'm OLD!
Playlist!
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Ask me questions
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Update: Nov 6, 2018
Long time, no see

Chapter 12

3K 56 9
By niall1D2013

It's been 2 weeks since the trip to New York. Niall and Ella have been really busy with work. Niall has been traveling a lot, but without Ella. So the trips have been really lonely. Niall also has been setting up Ella's trip to France for the theater thing with Dean. He hasn't told her a thing though. He did make sure that they both got separate rooms...very far away from each other.

"Niall," Louis says, slamming the book down on the desk. Niall jumps at the sound and shakes his head.

"Hm? Yeah?"

"Mate, I was telling you about the later events you have scheduled. You're blanking off on me. What's on your mind?" Louis looks at him with a confused look.

"Nothing Louis. I've just been busy with writing and stuff." He shrugs and leans against the soft, comfy chair.

"Lies. Are you thinking about her?"

"Ella? No."

"Don't lie to me Niall. I understand though. You haven't seen her since you two landed from NYC. But I reassure you. She's doing fine." Louis grabs a pen and starts writing on the paper pad. "I heard she's going to some theater thing with Dean."

"Yeah, I'm paying for it. I had to convience her to let me pay for it all. It's the least I can do for her." Niall scratches at his scruff on his face. He hasn't shaved in days...

"Yeah? You know I was thinking one day, you two, Harry, me, Zayn, and Liam could all go on a vacation. Like to have fun and relax. You two don't have to worry much about paps." Louis keeps writing. "I think the both of you could use some time to relax with no worries. Although you haven't seen each other in two weeks, ya' still have to be careful. But with the vacation, naahh!"

Niall nods and thinks about it. A nice get-a-away with his buddies and Ella. Seems nice. They could all have fun and relax together. Niall can swim in the ocean, if they go to the beach. While Ella could be sun bathing...ohh.

"Yeah, I think that'd be really nice. Ella would love it. Just tell me when so I can tell her before hand." Niall feels his phone vibrate and he grabs it from his pocket.

"Hiiiiiii :) I heard you're back in town! I miss your weirdness Horan. :( Can we see other tonight?" reads Ella's text.

"Is it Ella?" Louis asks, grinning.

"Yeah, she wants to meet up tonight." Niall replies without looking at Louis. He feels Louis' grin radiating off his face. Bastard.

"Yeah I just landed this morning. How did you know, creeper? I'm with Louis going over some more events. I'm not weird :( but yes, I'd like to meet up tonight. Want me to pick you up at work?"

"Mhmmm, careful Horan. Don't want you to hurt my friend."

Niall raises his brow at him. "What do you mean? How can I hurt her?"

Louis sighs and sets his pen down. "Ella is a likeable girl. Very likeable. So, what I'm trying to say is that...don't get caught up in this fake relationship. It's only temporary. Don't make HER fall in love with you, so that way when it does end, it won't hurt as much."

Niall furrows his brows together and bites his lip. It's more like the other way around...

"Don't worry mate. I know."

Louis nods. "I know that'll be tough. But try okay? I don't wany anyone getting hurt."

Niall knows. He knows. But...he can't help himself being interested in Ella. She's just...different.

*BUZZ*

"Yeah, that'd be fine. :) I get off at 6 tonight. x"

"Okay, so I guess since you're not hearing me anymore. I'll just send you the dates in an email." Louis says. "Harry and I will take care of the vacation thing and get back at you."

Niall nods and quickly texts back, "Okay. I'll see you then. :)"

"All right, you do that. I'll be leaving to go home and take a quick nap before picking up Ella." Niall says and stands up. "Nothing too weird Louis. Maybe a beach or something."

"Why a beach?" Louis asks as he starts typing on his laptop.

Niall doesn't answer, instead he leaves the office with a huge smirk on his face.

---------------------------------------

Niall walks towards the flower shop that he has missed the couple of weeks. He missed the smell of the mixture of flowers. He walks in and immediately sees the owner of the shop. She looks up from her notepad and smiles.

"Niall! It's been so long!" she says and walks out from behind the counter. He can't quite remember her name...oops.

"Hi!" he says and is surprised when the older woman embraces him.

"Are you here for Ella?"

"Yep! Haven't seen her in two weeks!"

"Oh my! But she's about to leave in 2 days for the theater thing."

Shit. Yeah...Ella will be leaving for the theater thing with Dean in 2 days. But she has the next two days off, so maybe they can hang out. I don't know.

"Yeah I know. But she's so excited to go." Niall says.

The older woman nods and steps back. "I'll go get Ella. I think she's in the greenhouse. I'll be right back!"

Niall sits on the stool as he waits. He taps his foot impatiently. Ugh. He really needs to calm down.

"Niall!" Ella squeals and runs towards him. She throws her apron on the counter and hugs his waist.

"Hey there stranger," he says and hugs her tightly. "It's been too long."

"I know," she kisses his cheek and smiles.

"You two are too cute. Gosh, makes my old heart hurt. Now, you get going." says the older woman. "And have fun Ella at your theater thing. And Niall, I expect to see you more often!"

"I sure will," he says and grabs Ella's hand. "Are you ready to go?"

She nods. "Yeah. Let's go."

-------------------------------------------

Niall looks at Ella as she walks around his kitchen, barefooted.

"You know you need to go grocery shopping," she says looking through the fridge. "You have literally nothing in here!"

"Why do you think I ordered take out for us?" Niall says and takes a sip of his beer. It's been a long day really so the beer really hits the spot.

"Thank God! I think the cheese went bad. It's moldy." Ella grabs a bottle of water and shuts the fridge. "You should like, tell Zayn or Liam to come clean out your fridge when you're away."

"They'll make a mess!" He says and rubs his eye. "I would never trust them alone in my house."

Ella shakes her head and walks over to him. She plops herself down beside him and leans against him. "Oh, c'mon, they can't be that bad."

"No, really. One time, I had a Beta fish. And I was away for a week and told them to feed it once a day." He sips his beer. "And they fed it..once. And they fed him...a lot that one time. So it died of an overdose."

Ella laughs, almost choking on her water. "No way?! That poor fish. Awww. He was probably overwhelmed by the food and just committed suicide."

He chuckles and squeezes his bottle. "It was funny because they were like freaking out and shit. I was like 'Nah bro, it's cool. I hated that fish.'"

She shakes her head and pokes his side. "That fish was probably the nicest fish ever."

"Eh, it was whatever. I could care less."

Ella pulls her knees up to her chest. "Hmph. Remind me to never get you a pet."

"Ha! I sure will," he replies and sets his bottle down on the ground.

"Niall," says Ella. "May I ask you a question?"

"Sure, go ahead."

She straightens up and looks at him. "I'll just be blunt about it. It's been bothering me honestly. But...it's been almost 4 months since we've been doing this. And...I was just wondering....why haven't we kissed?"

Oh shit.

"I...I don't know. Why is it bothering you?" He asks, leaning back to look directly at her.

"Because," she starts to say. "Don't you think it's weird we haven't kissed in public? Like..a peck on the lips at least? I don't know. I'm just saying. Plus...ah, well nevermind."

"What? Tell me Ella."

"I...I have needs too Niall." She sighs deeply and runs a hand through her hair. "It's been too long. And...it's frustrating me a bit."

"Really? It's frustrating you?" He's actually amazed. He thought Ella was quite content with their 'soft PDA.'

"Yes," she says and looks down at her hand on her lap. "I...just want to spice things up. I don't want to get bored-"

"But...don't you think that'll be weird? That we're in a fake relationship and actually...doing stuff."

"No," Ella hugs her knees and rests her chin on them. "I know you want to. I know when you tense up when I kiss your jaw or too close to your lips. Or when I accidently skim my hand against you. I know Niall."

Fuck.

"Well," he clears his throat. "I don't want to hurt you."

"How in the hell will you hurt me?"

"I don't know," he says softly and bites inside of his cheek. "I..don't want you to get the wrong idea."

"I won't Niall!" she says, throwing her hands up in the air. "I won't! I just...think it'd be more believable if we did kiss in public and you know?"

"No, I don't know."

She sighs desperately. "And...behind the scenes. No one has to know. It'll be our little secret."

He raises his eyebrow at her. Really? Is she really suggesting a...benefits part now?

"That'll make us...friends with benefits?"

"I don't know. I thought we'd call it...a casual affair."

"A casual affair? How is that?" Niall can't believe this is actually happening.

"Well, we're in a relationship, sort of. And...you and I can do our own thing."

"Right, but what if you get caught?"

"I won't. Trust me, I'm not a theater major for nothing." She smiles softly and grabs his hand. "What do you say?"

Niall bites his lip in thought. Is this right? Does he really want to do this? Of course his mind wants to, but his heart is saying no. He knows the consquences of a relationship like this. But...Ella is different than those other girls. So, maybe this will be different? But..his feelings will be put to the test. Oh God...

"I...guess we can." He agrees and offers a small smile.

Ella squeals and hugs his neck tightly. "Thank you."

He nods and hugs her back. If she only knew how scared he really is...

------------------

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

385 34 11
It's a fanfic with each of the boys, starting with Harry and ending with Louis. Vote, comment, tell people about it, make the world a better place. :)
5.9K 100 31
Hazel Collins doesn't know what she has gotten herself into. Her friends have dragged her to a One Direction concert where she meets the love of her...
16.3K 333 16
Harry Styles, Louis Tomlinson, Liam Payne, Zayn Malik, and Niall Horan all knew they were different from the start. They met each other at school and...
2.3K 84 22
•Zayn Malik Fanfict• It has been about 10 years since One Direction has started. The boys' career has grown gradually slow. Sadly Zayn and Perrie ha...