Don't Mess With Scott Hoying'...

By Jake_Sully_

"There isn't anything he wouldn't do to protect her." ** Trigger Warnings- •self harm •drinking •talk of smok... More

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38XXX
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
60
61
62
63
64
65 XXX
66
67
68
69
70
71
72
73
74
75
76
77
78
79
80
81
82
83XXX
84
85
86
87
88
89
90
91
92
93
94
95
96
97
98
99
100
100 part two (101)
102
103
104
105
106
107
108
109
110XXX
111
112
113
114
115
116
117
118
119
120
121
122
123
124
125
126
127
128XXX
129
130
131
132
133
134
135
136
137
138
139
140
141
142
143
144
146
147
148
149
150
151
152
153
154
155
156
157
158
159
160
161
162
Les Talk
long awaited update
EPILOGUE

145

1.5K 125 13
By Jake_Sully_

Starting regular updates today!

Longest chapter in this book ever. Decided to do such a long chapter to get over with the thanksgiving chapters and this Tuesday will put a time skip in the next chapter to December.

Love y'all and hope you enjoy this chappy!!!

****

Scott started the drive to Mitch's grandparents house at around one o'clock because their house was an hour away. Mitch stayed silent throughout the whole car ride, legs crossed on the seat and looking at his lap as he played with his fingers. Scott stole little glances at Mitch for about thirty minutes, Mitch looking confused and upset and deep in thought.

"Whats up, babygirl? Talk to me." Scott said, reaching an arm over and resting it on Mitch's thigh.

Mitch shook his head, licking his lips, "Nothings wrong," he whispered.

"You can't fool me Mitchie, tell me whats going on in that beautiful head of yours?"

Mitch looked up from his lap and smiled slightly, Scott glancing over and offering a warm smile back towards him before directing his attention back towards the road.

"I'm just trying to figure out what I'll say to her and what she'll say to me. Like, what do I do if she hugs me, do I hug back? Am I suppose to talk first because I don't think I could do that and I have so much anxiety and if you dare leave my side I'll freak out and-"

Scott squeezed Mitch's thigh, "I won't leave your side, you don't have to say anything right away babygirl. Relax that cute ass head of yours, mein schatz."

Mitch blushed a little at the compliment, shaking his head, "I'm sorry, I'm trying. It's been while since I've seen her. Just a little scared."

"Don't be scared, like I said, I won't leave your side."

"I know you won't. I just hope this goes well."

"Me too, baby. And I promise that if anything AT ALL happens that hurts you we'll leave right away and I'll never pressure you to see her again but if it does go well, at least then you know you're in a good place with your mom."

Mitch nodded, "Thank you, Scottie but I'm gonna try and stay the whole time and if I really need to leave, I'll tell you."

Scott smiled slightly, "Are you hungry or anything? We only have around thirty minutes left and we won't be eating until four o'clock."

Mitch shook his head, "No, but I could go for some coffee."

"Starbucks?"

Mitch looked at Scott and, although Scott couldn't see him, smiled softly, "Yes, please. You're too good to me."

Scott intertwined their hands, "You deserve the best," he said bringing their hands up to his lips and placing a small kiss on the back of Mitchs hand.

Mitch giggled, "Well I'm glad I found the best then."

Scott chuckled, shaking his head, "I love you so much."

Mitch smiled, "I love you too."

***

They sat outside Mitchs grandparents house for a good fifteen minutes because Mitch wouldn't move to go inside. Mitch just sat there with no emotion on his face, staring at the house.

Scott rubbed circles in Mitchs thigh, "I'm really trying to give you some time honey, but we have to go in eventually."

Mitch nodded, "I know, I'm sorry just... a little longer please. One more minute and I'll go in. I just-... I'm so scared."

Scott leaned across the counsel and placed a kiss on the side of Mitchs forehead, "I'm right here for you, you don't have to be scared. I've never failed to protect you, have I?" Mitch shook his head, "And I'll protect you now. Don't be afraid, alright. I'm gonna be right by your side."

Mitch sighed, looking at Scott with his brows draw together, a look he gets when hes anxious. Mitch licked his lips, looking back at the house and then looking back at Scott with a more relaxed look on his face, "Okay, lets go in." Mitch said.

Scott smiled at him, "I'm so proud of you, Mitchie." Scott said, leaning forward, placing a soft kiss on Mitchs lips.

Scott got out of the car first, walking over to Mitchs side of the car and opening the door for him, Mitch got out of the car, his heals clanking on the concrete. Mitch walked on the right side f Scott, Scotts hand on the small of Mitchs back as he led Mitch towards the front door. Mitchs heart was beating hard inside his chest as they stopped in front of the door.

Scott looked at him, "Tell me when you're ready." He said, rubbing his hand on the small of Mitchs back.

Mitch licked his lips and nodded, "Just go ahead and knock, the more I stand here the more scared and anxious I get."

Scott nodded, kissing Mitch once more on the temple before knocking on the door, Mitch heard footsteps coming towards the front door, although he couldn't tell if it was footsteps or his heart beating inside his chest but either way, the door opened to reveal his mother standing there. Mitchs breath caught in his throat as he looked at her, she looked just fine with her hair and makeup done and a nice dress on. Scott just stood there, looking at Mitch and not moving until Mitch does because Scott can see the panic attack about to happen through Mitchs facial expressions. Scott continued to rub Mitchs lower back, trying to comfort him until he was ready to move or even just talk but when Scott saw Mitchs eyes start to water, he brought Mitch in for a hug, wrapping his arms around Mitchs lower back and shoulder blades.

"Shh Mitchie. Don't cry baby, okay. Okay? You're doing so good, don't cry." Scott whispered in Mitchs ear.

Mitch nodded his head against Scotts shoulder, sniffling and staying in Scotts embrace until his eyes dried up, thankful that no tears actually feel from his eyes.

Mitch pulled away and looked up at Scott, "Lets go inside." Mitch whispered.

Scott nodded and led Mitch inside, past his mother and into the foyer, taking Mitchs coat for him and hanging it on a hook by the door. Mitch saw his mom close the door out of the corner of his eyes and look at him. Mitch turned his head away from her and towards Scott. Scott smiled warmly at him, taking Mitchs hand and walking towards and into the living room.

Mitch sat down on the couch across from his grandparents, Scott sitting right next to him and setting a hand on Mitchs thigh. Mitchs mother sat across from them, right next to her mother and father (Mitchs grandparents) and listened in on the conversation Scott started up. Mitch looked down at his lap and listened to Scotts voice as he talked, Scotts voice soothing Mitch.

Nels eyes gravitated towards Mitch, he looks like hes changed so much in her eyes. Her eyes then shifted towards Mitchs ring finger then to Scotts ring finger, noticing the rings. Shes never seen the rings and finds herself disappointed that she didn't know Mitch may be married.

"Are you engaged?" She said, her first words to Mitch since he'd gotten here.

Mitch looked up, brows raised at her before looking down at his ring, smiling slightly, "No no, its a promise ring. Scotts promise to marry me."

Scott smiled at Mitch, "Yeah, I got them for us nine months ago, maybe even ten months ago."

"Thats when Mike died..." She said.

Scott quickly realized his mistake and was ready to make up some excuse when Mitch spoke up.

"Yeah, it happened the day after you and dad said I couldn't see him and apparently told him the same thing and obviously, I wasn't going to break up with him because we've been dating for two years then and... well we met up because I was upset and crying and having anxiety attacks and he was the only one who could really calm me down for those. And I loved him, love him. He said he wanted to continue to have a relationship with me and pulled out the promise rings and of course I said yes. And when we came home, we found out that dad had died."

Everyone was silent and Mitch realized that he shouldn't have spilled everything out like that but Mich was still angry at her and suddenly felt the need to open his mouth and say something but when he did, his mouth didn't close.

"Oh, well alright. Sorry I said something about it." Nel said, "I think I'm gonna go to the kitchen and cook." She said, getting off the couch.

Mitch sighed, "Mom." He said, getting up off the couch and walking after his mom, into the kitchen. Scott watched them go, staying in his seat to let Mitch and his mom talk it out.

Mitch walked in behind her, "Mom, I'm sorry. I shouldn't have spilled all of that, I couldn't close my mouth once it opened I-.... I shouldn't have. I'm sorry,"

Nel waved her hand dismissively, "I kicked you out when I shouldn't have, I wasn't being a mom to you when I should've. I know you live with Scott now but I've missed you at home. I've missed my babyboy."

"Mom..."

"No, I know but I really want you back home."

"Mom, I live with Scott now and, I know this sounds like we're just young and in love but we're gonna get married and I truly believe that. I won't move out with him to come back home. He takes care of me, mom, I love him so much. He-he.. I can't even explain it! Hes so nice to me, hes so good to me, he treats me like I deserve the best man in the world and he is, hes the best man in the world for me. He spoils me, he loves me even when he hates me, and he protects me and hes always there by my side no matter what. I love him and I'm not leaving him."

"I love you too." He heard someone say behind him, turning around and seeing Scott standing behind him, Scott smiled at him, walking up to Mitch and setting his hands on Mitchs hips, leaning down and kissing him.

Scott pulled away, "Sorry, I wasn't going to come in here but I heard my name on the way to the bathroom and decided to be sneaky and listen in."

Mitch shook his head, giggling, "Thats okay, baby."

"Mitch?" Nel said, making Mitch whip around and face her, "You don't have to move back in with me, I fully support you and Scott but I do miss you and I am sorry."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

196K 5.3K 24
This story belongs to @Amberwolf2377 go follow her by May 3rd because my account is about to be deleted.
8.2K 624 19
Happiness. Something everyone wants and very few achieve. Mitch Grassi has finally found his happiness: Scott Hoying, his best friend and the love of...
2.9K 121 8
"What? What's wrong?" "I don't know, just send the police over to my house. Something happened." "What are you talking about? You're scaring me." "Ju...
606 54 27
Thinking you're safe with someone is stupid. Trusting someone is stupid. I'm stupid. Maybe I'm not. I'm in love. That's what stupid Trigger Warnin...