The Art of Seduction - Zayn M...

By ZaynKilam

Cora Fallon starts her first year of high school, optimistic about the new experience - new friends, new clas... More

Authors Note
Chapter 1: First Day of High School
Chapter 3: Invited
Chapter 4: Tattoos
Chapter 5: Sneaking Out
Chapter 6: The Party
Chapter 7: Closed Closets and Open Windows
Chapter 8: Unplanned
Chapter 9: Freshman
Chapter 10: Bad News
Chapter 11: It's Fine
Chapter 12: Two Kinds of Comfort
Chapter 13: Seductive Smoulders
Chapter 14: Cologne, Paint, and Smoke
Chapter 15: Just Do It
Chapter 16: Labels
Chapter 17: Whats a Queen Bed Without a King?
Chapter 18: Wake-Up Call
Chapter 19: Tease
Chapter 20: Games
Chapter 21: Green With Envy
Chapter 22: Jello Shots
Chapter 23: The Morning After
Chapter 24: Unraveled
Chapter 25: Like an Art
Chapter 26: Friends?
Chapter 27: Success
Chapter 28: Problem (Pt. 1)
Chapter 29: Problem (Pt. 2)
Chapter 30: Stay For Dinner!
Chapter 31: Shhh!
Chapter 32: Leather
Chapter 33: Tell Me About It, Stud
Chapter 34: Mystery Guy
Chapter 35: Guilt
Chapter 36: Give Me Time
Chapter 37: Curious
Chapter 38: Trust Me
Chapter 39: Mr. Fallon?

Chapter 2: New School, New People

7.7K 289 74
By ZaynKilam

Hey hey! Dont forget to vote! thanks - C

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I woke up in a hot sweat on top of my comforters. Apparently the summer heat is continuing. I look at my clock and notice I woke up a half hour before my alarm. Great, now what? I consider going back to bed but I am already awake and feel pretty gross drenched in my sweat. A shower sounds pretty nice. 

I head into the bathroom and stare at myself in the mirror. My brown wavy hair looks like a rats nest. There are bags under my eyes, confirming my not-so-gentle sleep last night. I turn the water to just the right temperature and step in. I can't help but play out different scenarios of events that could happen at school. I hope I at least make it to art class today. 

When I get out of the shower, I still have a bunch of time to spare. I decide to try and make myself look more presentable then yesterday. I plug in my hair dryer and my straightener right next to it. I grab the bag of makeup sitting on the vanity in my room and bring it into the bathroom for better lighting. I apply a basic foundation, some mascara, and a bit of blush. Not too overwhelming, but just enough for my liking. And hopefully someone else's. After I dry my hair, I use my straightener to curl big bouncy waves into my hair. My hair parts in the middle and I have natural waves but they are quite small. I like the way big waves look on me. 

"Cora! Hurry up, I have to pee!" I hear Cole yell from the opposite side of the door. He lets out a muffled groan, letting me know he wasn't kidding and bangs on the door a couple times. "I'll be out in a minute! Just be patient!" I yell back, taking more time with my hair then I really need. 

When I finally open the door, Cole is standing close enough for me to smell his morning breath. "Ew, brush your teeth," I tease him. 

I return back to my room to scavenge through my closet for an outfit. I remember the sweat I woke up in earlier that morning and choose something I won't get too hot in. I pull out a pair of jean shorts that are styled to look like they have been ripped a bunch, a black tank top, a plaid button down shirt which I tie around my waist, and my favorite pair of white converse. I've got to admit, I don't look too bad. 

After I spray a bit of perfume to complete my look, I head to the kitchen as the smell of my mom's pancakes fill my nostrils. "Morning mom!" I greet, sitting down at the table just as she pushes a plate in front of me. "Morning Cor," she smiles back and fills my glass of orange juice to the brim. Cor is the nickname she gave me, even though Cora is a short enough name itself. Only a few people call me Cor though - My mom, dad, Cole, and Kenna. I don't mind it but I don't see much of a need to shorten my name by just one letter. 

"Where's your brother?" my mom asks, holding another plate of breakfast intended for Cole. "He should be down soon," I tell her.

Like clockwork, the familiar sound of my brother's feet running down the stairs rings through my ears. Carrying his backpack on one shoulder, he quickly grabs an apple from the table and heads towards the door. "Whoah, wait a second. Where do you think you're going?" my mom stops him. "Mom, I told you! I'm picking Serena up to take her to school," Cole groans with the door halfway open. "You never told me that! You promised to drive Cora and Kenna to school today!" my mom whines, trying to play the guilt card on him. It never works. "It's like a 10 minute walk!" he argues back. I quickly intervene before things get ugly. "It's fine mom, we can walk," I tell her. I don't mind walking anyway. 

-

I wait for 5 minutes before Kenna finally comes strolling out of her house. She's wearing short jeans shorts with a white sheer blouse on top. Her hair is perfectly straightened, bringing out her dark highlights in her rather blond hair. "Don't you look hot this morning," I joke. "Trying to impress a certain junior boy?" 

"Maybe," Kenna flashes her white tooth smile followed by a giggle. "Looks like you've dressed to impress too," she says, staring me up and down as I take a quick spin to show her the full outfit. "Why, thank you," I play along.

When we get to the parking lot of the school, I spy my brother pulling in to "his" parking spot. It's not like he bought it or won it in an auction, but it's known throughout the school as his. Cole isn't one to mess with, so no one tries to. He walks around the side of his car and opens the passenger side as a tall, slender, red head gets out. That must be Serena. She's gorgeous. With her tanned skin and defined cheekbones she could easily be mistaken as a model. It figures she was my brothers new girl.

-

Kenna's locker is half way across the school from mine. Of course. I remember the picture of my classes I took on my phone and quickly pulled it out. I have art first. I look at the time and see I have 20 minutes to get to class. Perfect, I have enough time to get lost. I grab the necessary supplies from my locker and shut it. 

I jump in shock as I realized the short blond boy standing right behind me. How long was he standing there? "Um, hi" I say to break the awkwardness. "Hi! I'm Niall, I'm a freshman too," he instantly responds and sticks his hand out to shake mine. His thick Irish accent gave me the hint he wasn't from here. I had never seen him around before.

"Are you new?" I ask out of curiosity. "I am. My family and I just moved her from Ireland...". I knew it. "...we just got settled in last week! I've got to say, I really like it here. It's a lot different from Ireland, but a good different," he tells me. This kid smiles a lot. I can't help but feel a bit overwhelmed but also grateful to meet someone new. 

"Hey, I've got to get to class, but it was nice meeting you," I cut him off, realizing i'm losing time to get lost. "Oh, yeah! Sure! Sorry, uh..." I realize I hadn't told him my name. "Cora,". 

"Alright, well, I'll see you around Cora," he smiled before heading off in the opposite direction. 

-

I headed off in the direction which I thought my art class was. Today was already a bit more lucky then yesterday as I arrived to my art class with a few minutes to spare. The room was quite bizarre. I guess you could call it abstract? There were paint supplies everywhere and the desks were scattered around in no particular order. I'm not the only one who arrived early apparently. The teacher is sitting at her desk, burying her nose in papers. The only other student in the room was a tall, tan, boy with striking dark hair. His hair was styled into a perfect quiff with a small curl which hung out on his forehead. His jaw line was as sharp as nails covered in dark stubble that matched the color of his hair. He had small diamond piercings in both ears and his dark eyebrows caused his dark brown eyes to stand out even more. His tongue would occasionally swipe across his bottom lip as he concentrated. He was fucking hot. 

His eyes were focus on the easel in front of him. He had a paint pallet in his left hand while the right tightly gripped around a paint brush. I walked around to see what he was painting but he didn't seem to notice. His thoughts were obviously focused on his work. I let out a muffled cough to try and get his attention. I didn't.

A bit annoyed, I speak up. "That's amazing," I tell him, pointing to his piece. He takes a double take when he notices me standing behind him. A feel a bit guilty for breaking his concentration. "You like it?" He turns around and smiles a wide grin. His teeth are even more perfect than Kenna's. "Like it? Love it". Obviously amused by my compliments, he goes into full detail about how he was originally deciding to use a darker blue for the outline but choose the lighter one instead. "I really liked how it turned out," he steps back to observe his work. His accent is thick, sounds British or something. Strange how out of the few people I talked to that morning, two of them had thick accents. 

The bell rings, cutting out conversation short and a swarm of students rush into the art room. The teacher, still buried in her papers, doesn't notice how many of them are late. She has curly grey and white hair and giant circle glasses that take up too much room on her face. She dressed in a white large t-shirt covered in paint and a large baggy pair of grey sweatpants. Quite the interesting look if you ask me. 

As everyone settles in, I take a seat and can't help but notice the mysterious boy who I had just been talking to sits right next to me. His body sinks into the chair and he crosses his ankles as his hands fold behind his head. I can't help but watch him. Oh come on, he is unbearably good looking. His arms move into a stretch and I notice the tattoos peeking out of his white long sleeve shirt on his wrist. I have a weak spot for tattoos, a very weak spot. 

"I didn't catch your name," I bravely lean over and say. I don't know if it was the extra juice my mom gave me this morning or just the fact that he was too irresistible not to talk to. "It's Zayn. Zayn Malik" 

"I'm Cora" I reply, even though he didn't ask. "Nice to meet you Cora," he lets out a forced grin, apparently not as talkative as before. Wow, bipolar much? 

The teacher with the big frizzy hair finally notices that class had started. She jumps up instantly and introduces herself. "Good morning, class. I'm Mrs. Garvin" she writes her name on the board in giant swirly letters. "But you can call me Mrs. G" she tries to sound cool. A couple kids roll their eyes. I look around to see not one person I recognize. The class isn't big, 10 kids in all and they all look older. Was I the only freshman?

Mrs. "G" starts to read off the attendance list in alphabetical order. I don't recognize a single name, except the one I just learned.

"Zayn Malik?" she pushed her glasses up on her face. "Here" Zayn gives her a slight wave. "Uh..that's it. Did I miss anyone?" I feel Zayn's eyes fall on me. 

"Uh, yeah. I'm Cora... Cora Fallon" I awkwardly raise my hand so she can see me. 

"Cora! Oh sorry dear, I must have missed your name" she hold the paper even closer to her face. "Ah, yes. You are our only freshman" she smiles back at me. Great. Zayn must have not thought I was a freshman because he shifts his position a bit and raises his eyebrows. I shyly make eye contact with him and he instantly turns away. I'm pretty good at reading people's emotions, but Zayn isn't so easy to read. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HEH she met Zayn :) 

please comment what you think!! - C

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

449 24 20
The new student who loves photography arrives. y/n type of story.
197K 4.7K 39
Cassie Brooks. A normal teenage girl. She gets bullied. By the most popular boy in school, Louis Tomlinson. He has a crew. Their names are, Harry St...
5.2M 194K 59
"Hey, Sierra" he said, wetting his cherry lips with his tongue while staring at me, a somewhat amused look in his green irises. And in that moment, I...
78.1K 621 71
Read these you dirty directioners!