I Wanna Be Your Man

ShootingStarr77 द्वारा

Growing up my life was as normal and as typical as anyone else. That was the case until the early 1960's when... अधिक

I Wanna Be Your Man
A Hard Day's Night
This Boy
Dr. Robert
Finally at the Toppermost
Hello Little Girl
Another Girl
Do You Want to Know a Secret
Like Dreamers Do
P.S. I Love You
Love Me Tender
Two of Us
Come Together
If I Fell
I'll Get You
Birthday
Cry For a Shadow
Help!
Things We Said Today
Crying, Waiting, Hoping
We Can Work It Out
Cry Baby Cry
And I Love Her
Little Child
I Need You
Act Naturally
Christmas Time Is Here Again
Author's Note
New Story!

Love Me Do

579 18 3
ShootingStarr77 द्वारा

Chapter 25: Love Me Do

Flashback... 2 Aug 1963

For the past three months Bri and so have been planning for her and John's wedding. Let me tell you planning a wedding takes so much work. Having to make every little detail to be exactly perfect takes so much. The theme colors for everything is yellow and white. Yellow and white roses, yellow bridesmaids dresses, yellow and white center pieces for the reception, yellow and white everything! I swear if I see the color yellow anything after this wedding I'll go completely crazy. Being Bri's best friend I'm in charge of everything. I booked the church back in Liverpool for the wedding, ordered all the flowers, made and sent out all the invitations, booked the place for the reception, got Aunt Mimi and Elsie to help make cookies for the reception, got the catering for the reception, and I did everything else that needed to be done. Since Bri's my best friend and John's became like my brother I want their wedding to be 100% perfect.

I love the fact that my best friend is getting married, but I've never been so stressed before. I mean everything needs to be perfect for those two and getting everything ready in time is such a challenge. I've been running between Liverpool and London almost every other day to make sure everything's ready. I hardly see Ritchie or the lads anymore, typically I'm running around all day then come home and work on more for it. For example, Bri wants white and yellow roses. Do you know how picky she is with picking out these flowers? The flower place in London didn't have enough, the one in Liverpool only had white and we have to get all of them from the same place. We went to Blackpool, we went to Manchester, we went everywhere in England I swear until we found this one flower shop in Northampton that she liked. I have decided that when my wedding comes I just want a plain and simple small wedding, I never want to plan a big wedding like this again.

Anyway, today's the day before the wedding, which means last minute running around. Ritchie's helping me set up the hall for the reception while my brother's out with John. I put George in charge of picking up the flowers from the flower shop in Northampton since he's coming back to Liverpool today from London. I appreciate the lads all helping me get everything set up, but I know Ritchie's been going insane with me doing all of this.

"Ritchie, did you go through the checklist of all the guests that are attending and make sure we have enough tables set up?"

"Yes love, I checked and you had me double check after that. I think we have all the tables covered."

"Are you 100% sure? I mean I don't want to miss anybody."

"Yes, I am 100% sure. Now calm down Pam, everything's going to be perfect for them. You need to take a break, we've been at this for hours."

He had a point, it was around 6 in the evening and we've been here setting up since 3.

"Alright, I guess we can take a break." I put down the decorations I had in my hand and plopped down in the nearest chair. Ritchie pulled up a chair next me.

"Now there ya go, it's good to see you finally taking a break."

"It's good to finally take a break, this wedding is completely killing me." I let out a slight groan and slipped back into my chair more.

"I don't get why you're so obsessed with making everything perfect, John and Bri are just happy that you're helping."

I shrugged. "I don't know, Bri's just my best friend I want her to have a perfect wedding. I mean tomorrow's the most important day of their lives and it needs to be special."

Ritchie just shook his head and smiled at me. "You're doing so much for them love, I know they'll love it."

I smiled back at him and within a few seconds we saw George walk in. "Hey Georgie, so did you get the flowers?"

He looked at me and had this guilty look on his face. "Umm yeah, about that.."

I looked at him. "About what? George, where are the flowers?"

He rubbed the back of his head and looked down.

"George Harrison, where are the flowers?"

"So about that, I was on my way here and I was in Northampton. I saw the flower shop and then I saw this little diner and got hungry, and.."

Of course, he always gets hungry.. "George! You had to get hungry then? We need those flowers by morning. Northampton's 2 and a half hours away and it's almost 7!"

"I know, I'm sorry.."

I quickly stood up. "Well I better head up there. Ritchie can you drop my off at the apartment so I can get my car and everything?"

He stood up and walked over to me. "Pam, just take my car that was you can just leave from here."

"No, I need to get some things from the apartment anyway." I started walking out of the hall when I turned and looked at George. "Oh and George, I'm not mad, but you owe me big time." And with that I walked outside and got into Ritchie's car. Right after that he followed me and drove me to the apartment. Within a matter of minutes we arrived at the apartment.

As I was starting to get out of the car Ritchie stopped me. "Do you want me to come with you to Northampton? I'd be more than happy to."

I shook my head and smiled at him. "I'd love for you to, but I'm okay on my own. Anyway, I don't want to keep you up late all night with this. I'll be okay by myself, don't worry."

He gave me quick kiss and I hurried inside, going to my room to get everything I needed and into the kitchen to get my keys. I soon heard the door open and turned to see Paul there.

"What are you doing here? I thought you were setting up for the reception?"

"I was, George forgot the flowers, it's a long story. Anyway, I need to hurry to Northampton."

He shook his head and grabbed my keys from my hand. "You're not going without your big brother, come on I'll go with you."

I was going to argue with him, but I knew there was no use. The two of us left the apartment, went down to my car and we were on our way.

"So sis, how's planning the wedding going? I hardly see you anymore."

I let out a light laugh. He was right, I've been way too busy lately. "Wedding planning's going well. After we get these flowers everything will be perfect."

"What is up with you and perfecting everything? You're practically obsessed with making this perfect."

I rolled my eyes at him. "I am not obsessed, I just want my best friend's wedding to be perfect. All of you think I'm obsessed with this."

He looked over at me. "Well, I think you're obsessed with making their wedding perfect because you want to get married soon."

"That is ridiculous! I'm not ready to get married yet. I don't even think Ritchie is either."

He looked back at me and gave me that famous smirk of his. "Pam, you're my sister, I can tell when you're lying. All of Bri's wedding planning makes you secretly want your wedding to come faster."

I turned to him and hit his arm. "That's insane, I'm not ready to get married, Paul."

"Pam, you can tell me the truth. I'm your brother after all."

I looked at him. "Paul, I'm not ready. I'm 100% telling the truth, I'm not ready."

"Whatever you say little sis."

With that we continued to drive to Northampton. My brother occasionally brought up me wanting to have my own wedding, is he nuts? I'm still not ready and neither is Ritchie. We're not ready yet, are M

we? Nah. Not yet. Anyway, we made it to the flower shop around 9:30, I was surprised they were still open. After that we made it back to Liverpool around 12:30 in the morning. Once we got to the apartment we got the flowers inside and went to bed. It was going to be a long day ahead of us.

----

3 Aug

Well, today's the big day. Bri an John are finally getting married. Finally after months of planning it's going to happen. Anyway, the ceremony starts in 15 minutes. Everyone's here at the church, everything's ready and it all looks perfect, now all that needs to be done is to finish getting Bri ready. The two of us are in one of the rooms of the church getting her all ready. She's already in her dress, we have something old, something new, something borrowed and something blue done, and her hair's all finished. Now all we're doing is finishing her makeup.

"So, you ready to become Mrs. John Lennon?"

"More than ready, I can't believe today's the day. I thought it'd never come."

I smiled and started putting blush on her. "Well it's finally here. I still can't believe you're getting married."

"It would have never happened if it wasn't for you. You planned all of this and prepared everything. Without you none of this would have happened."

I continued to finish her makeup. "Well you're my best friend, you deserve it."

"I promise when your wedding comes I'll do the same thing."

"Oh Bri, you don't have to do that. Anyway, the day isn't even that close." I put on her lipstick and finished her makeup. Now we're finally ready. "So, now that we're all done are you ready to get married?"

She nodded, stood up and looked at herself in the mirror. "Let's do this."

I walked out of the room, went over to the musicians I hired and told them to get ready to start. After that I went over and got lined up with the lads and Bri's sisters who were the bridesmaids. Paul was with Bri's older sister Mariah, George was with her younger sister Katie, and I was with Ritchie. Bri gave me the honor of being her maid of honor for the wedding. It meant so much that she did that.

The musicians then started playing, Paul and Mariah walked down the slide if the church first, next George and Katie, then Ritchie and I, followed finally by Bri and Mr. Varga. I looked over at John as he watched Bri walk down the aisle. He had that mesmerized look on his face the whole time.

Once she made it to the front of the church everything really started. The priest looked at both of them.

"We are gathered here today to join Brianna Lee Varga and John Winston Lennon in holy matrimony. If anyone has any reason that these two should not be wed speak now or forever hold your peace."

The whole church remained quiet.

"Now I shall continue with the ceremony. John and Brianna have chosen to write their own vows and recite them."

He turned and looked over at John. John turned and looked at Bri. "Brianna, you are my everything. I've dated so many girls in my life, but none of them were as perfect as you. You understand me and accept me for who I am. You're funny, mischievous, and just perfect. Without you in my life I don't know where I'd be."

Next the priest turned to Bri. "John. What is there to say? You're the man of my dreams. I never imagined that I'd meet a man who loves me and understands me like you do. I remember when we first started dating Pam warned me to be careful around you, but I guess I was able to handle it." Right after that both she and John let out a laugh and John smiled over at me. "Anyway, I couldn't imagine myself with another man. I love you with all my heart John Lennon."

The both smiled and the priest looked over at John. "Now, I want you to repeat after me. I, John, take you Brianna, to be my wife, to have and to hold from this day forward, for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish, till death do us part."

John turned to Bri. "I, John, take you Brianna, to be my wife, to have and to hold from this day forward, for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish, till death do us part."

The priest turned to Bri. "Now, release after me. I, Brianna, take you John, to be my husband, to have and to hold from this day forward, for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish, till death do us part."

Bri looked at John. "I, Brianna, take you John, to be my husband, to have and to hold from this day forward, for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish, till death do us part."

The priest then grabbed the rings and gave one to John. "When you slip this ring on Brianna's finger I want you to say 'With this ring, I thee wed."

John held the ring and slipped it on her finger. "With this ring, I thee wed."

The priest gave Bri the other ring. "Now when you put the ring on John's finger I want you to say 'With this ring, I thee wed."

Bri slid the ring on his finger and smiled. "With this ring, I thee wed."

The priest smiled. "Now, by the powers vested in me I pronounce you man and wife. You may kiss the bride."

Then can the magical moment, their first kiss as husband and wife. Everyone in the church cheered, but I couldn't help but I cry a bit. My best friend's finally married, I'm so happy for her. Both John and Bri walked down the aisle together and out of the church into the car. We all gathered and watched them leave. Everything went perfect for them.

A few hours later we had the reception. It went pretty well if I say so myself. Everyone ate, drank, danced and just had fun. After the few hours of celebrating John and Bri left for their honeymoon which left the rest of us to go home and relax. After such a long day I'd say it all came out perfect.

-----------------------------------

Hey everyone! I'm so so sorry for not updating this sooner! Within the past few weeks I've had prom, college in high school exams, marching band functions, and etc. I feel so horrible that I haven't been on, put I promise I'll get the next chapter up sooner. Anyway, let me know what you think! Vote! Comment! Thanks for reading.

पढ़ना जारी रखें

आपको ये भी पसंदे आएँगी

14K 579 61
It all starts with a girl named Michelle, her sister Jude, and a close friend named Lucy. It starts in 1957, when Paul meets Michelle. John offered...
Ringo's sister rhi द्वारा

फैनफिक्शन

12.4K 360 59
18+ The story of Ringo's little sister, and her relationships with the band members, and her life as the "5th beatle"
2.7K 181 84
All in the title. Every single Beatles dream I've had that I can remember. Read before opening! -I started writing/tracking these when I was in 8th...
72.9K 2.6K 35
~ (modern au Mclennon and Starrison) Socialite Paul McCartney and his socially awkward mate George Harrison have been living a comfortable life until...