Arranged Marriage (Completed...

By ishika_ratish

Now available as an Audio book on Audible India. Dear readers, BEFORE YOU ALL, MAKE AN ASSUMPTION ABOUT THIS... More

Exciting News!
PUBLISHED (Important)
|Author's Note|
Me
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4
Part 5
Part 6
Part 7
Part 8
Part 9
Part 10
Part 11
Part 12
Part 13
Part 14
Author's Note
Part 15
Part 16
Part 17
Part 18
Part 19
Part 20
Part 21
Part 22
Part 23
Part 24
Part 25
Part 26
Part 27
Part 28
Part 29
Part 30
Part 31
Part 33
Part 34
Part 35
Part 36
Part 37
Part 38
Part 39
Part 40
Part 41
Part 42
Part 43
Part 44
Part 45
Part 46
Part 47
Part 48
Part 49
Part 50
Part 51
Part 52
Part 53
Part 54
Part 55
Part 56
Part 57
Part 58
Part 59
Part 60
Author's Note
Part 61
Epilogue!
Last Author's Note
Extra 1
Extra 2
Extra 3
Extra 4
Extra 5
Extra 6
Extra 7
Covers

Part 32

23.9K 1.1K 46
By ishika_ratish

The following day Neha was discharged from the hospital.
At night,

"Arun" a usual normal tone.

"Arun" a pleading tone.

"Arun" a sad tone.

Neha sighed, disappointed at the attempts of gaining the attention of her husband who was engrossed in his laptop while sitting beside her.

Finally, she nudged him twice on his arm.

"What is it Neha? Go to sleep, it's late. You need rest," Arun said in a soft tone.

"That's what I am saying, it's quite late, and 'we' have to sleep. Moreover, you never work when home," she replied emphasizing the 'we'.

"You haven't seen me that doesn't mean that I have never done it before. There is an important matter that needs to be solved. You go to sleep," he said and without waiting for an answer, went and switched off the lights. Neha went to sleep with sadness in her heart.

The next day Neha was to be in bed for the whole day according to the instructions of her family. Not going to work and not being allowed to do any other work at home was making Neha bored. So she asked Swara to bring some card paper for her from the shop. Then using the card paper, crayons from Arun's shelf, and her pencil, she made sorry cards for each member of her family.

For her mother-in-law,

Neha was standing with her head bent down. Her mother-in-law smiled looking at the card and patted her cheek saying,

"Yes, what you did was a mistake. You shouldn't have hidden your pain, especially from your family. But you have to promise that whenever you are in a problem, you have to share it. If you wouldn't share your problems then how will we be able to help you with it."

"I'll never do something like that again, promise," Neha said.

"That's like my good daughter. Now listen to me and go and take rest."

"Okay, mom," saying this Neha went to her room.

For Swara,

A black card for Swara because she loves the black color a lot. Swara grinned seeing the card and said,

"Di, I'm not angry with you to accept your sorry. I understand your point that you didn't want to worry anyone, but the situation just got out of hand."

Neha smiled at her sadly and said, "But I made you tensed. My smiling Swara was missing yesterday and that was because of me."

"Di, don't say that, it was not your fault...at least not entirely. And yes I did panic seeing you, but if you made my smile go away, as you are saying.... with this," she waved the card, "you also made me smile again."

"Thank you," Neha said softly and then they shared a hug.

For her father-in-law,

He, too, smiled looking at the card.

"Neha it's okay. You are forgiven. What has happened has happened, forget it now. But remember your family is there for you always no matter what and if something happens to you what answer will I give to your parents?" he said.

"I'll remember what you said and will not hide anything again."

"Good...God bless you," saying this he put his hand on her head as a blessing and went away.

And lastly, for Arun, Neha had a different plan. Somehow she felt that she'll have to put in more effort for gaining the forgiveness of her husband.
So she made three cards for him.

This card👇 greeted Arun when he opened his wardrobe. 'What is this? I? Who has kept it here?'

He searched for the first person that he thought might know the answer to his question, Neha. But he couldn't find her anywhere.
"Where did she go away? She is supposed to take a rest and I haven't seen her since I came. Must be sitting with Swara...' he thought.
So he kept the card on his table and went to freshen up.

Then he was greeted by these two cards 👇 when he went inside the bathroom.

'Two more cards? A, M? The previous one was an I....wait is it 'I am'? I am what? Who must be doing this? But the drawing is beautifully done...' Arun thought.

When he came out, he found this card on the bed. This made his confusion clear as only one word came out of his mouth, "Neha".

Arun turned around with the card in his hand to see Neha standing there with her head bowed low and fidgeting with her fingers.

"Neha," he called her wanting her to raise her eyes and look at him. But she didn't do that.

"Neha look at me," he said again. But she didn't and instead still looking down said, "I just wanted to say....wanted to apologize, that's it. If you want to say something say it or else it's...it's okay." She didn't find the courage to look up at him with the fear that he'll still be upset with her, maybe even angry.

When Arun didn't say anything, Neha thought that he has still not forgiven her. So she just turned around to go back, when Arun kept the card away and stopped Neha by holding her hand. Then he made her face him again and lifted her chin with his finger.

"I wanted you to look at me when I am saying that you don't have to say sorry...I have already forgiven you for that. It's just that I was really shaken to see you like that and I wasn't able to overcome the fact that I was unable to prevent it or lessen your pain..."

Neha cut him off saying that, "Please don't say that. I know that it was my mistake thinking that I could handle the pain by myself and I couldn't. I should have told you at least when you asked."

"Just promise me that you won't do something like this again. You'll share your problems with me whatever it be," Arun said.

"Promise," Neha said and just hugged him feeling good to be back to normal again.

He hugged her back tight, feeling good to have her in his arms. They stayed like that for a few moments. Then, still caging her in his arms, Arun asked her,

"But...I wanted to ask, why were you on the balcony yesterday? You were sleeping on the bed, then how did you...?"

Neha gave him a sheepish smile at that and said, "The pain was getting unbearable and at such times, no particular position gives me relief from the pain. So I just thought that if I'll step out and have some fresh air, maybe it'll make me feel good..." she ended by biting her lips to stop laughing at herself. She was being really stupid. It was as if the extreme pain had blocked her logical thinking, Neha thought.

"God Neha! The next time you want to have fresh air, please invite me too. I would like to join you too," Arun grinned shaking his head at her, not being able to believe his wife's antics.

"By the way, the cards are beautiful...did you make them?" he asked.

"Yes I did," she replied with a bright smile feeling proud of her artwork.

"It's beautiful. But you didn't tell me that you draw so well," Arun said.

"It's the natural talent you see. Born with it...just wanted to have a secret with me," she winked at him.

He raised his eyebrow at her and repeated, "Secrets and all? And what else is that I don't know yet?"

"Mannyyy things," she said, "If I would have told you before, then how would I have been able to surprise you? And the other secrets will be revealed all at the right time."

"Okay, as you say Ms.Mysterious," he said.

Neha giggled at that and said, "Now leave me, mom had told me to come to the kitchen and I'm late because of you."

Arun left her at that and smilingly looked at her retreating back as she walked away.

A/N

Short but early update! This part was my on-the-spot imagination, an unplanned part of the story.
Please do tell me if you all like it... :-D

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

24.9K 2.6K 28
Unedited! Sometimes the best things in life are unexpected.... For months, both Neil and Kiara have denied various marriage proposals. However, desti...
672K 33.9K 60
" If I know what love is, It's because of you! " ❤ ----------------- " Will You be my bride? " I was astounded. What!? Bride!! " I'm sorry. Are you...
278K 13.7K 29
❝ I will never be able to love you.. Even you know it.. Then what is the reason you stay with me?", he said teary eyed. " Because some things are me...
18.3K 503 51
Rina a foreigner comes to America to study, what happens when she meets new friends, and enemies and most of all a new lover. Join her in her adventu...