The Academy - Book III

By emmyles

This is the final installment in the Series! *This book features very mature content! If you don't like your... More

Author's Note
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Don't Kill Me
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty One
Chapter Thirty Two
Chapter Thirty Three
Q & A
Chapter Thirty Four
Chapter Thirty Five
Chapter Thirty Six
Chapter Thirty Seven
Chapter Thirty Eight
Chapter Thirty Nine - Side Chapter
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty One
Chapter Forty Two
Chapter Forty Three
Chapter Forty Four
Chapter Forty Five
Chapter Forty Six
Chapter Forty Seven
Chapter Forty Seven
Chapter Forty Nine
Chapter Fifty
Chapter Fifty One
Chapter Fifty Two
Chapter Fifty Three
Chapter Fifty Four Part 1
Chapter Fifty Four Part 2
Chapter Fifty Four - Part 3
Chapter Fifty Five
Chapter Fifty Six part One
Chapter Fifty Six Part Two
Chapter Fifty Seven
Chapter Fifty Eight
Chapter Fifty Nine
Chapter Sixty
Chapter Sixty One
Author Note
Word Index and Information
Chapter Sixty Two
Chapter Sixty Three
Help Pick a Cover
Chapter Sixty Four
Chapter Sixty Five
Epilogue

Chapter Seven

6.3K 204 85
By emmyles

Chapter Seven

Ah'Tarian - Lucas, Jacob, Kaelen, Kevin and (now) Anthony's Office

Kaelen rolled his eyes in contempt as he read the most recent story in the rags on Kevin's handheld, "Ruby and I are not in an exclusive relationship."  With a sigh he handed the device back, "As a matter of fact we aren't really in a relationship."

Kevin eyes twinkled as he took the device.  "Kae are you really okay sleeping with a woman been rode more times than a taegsi?  I mean I've just returned and I've heard the epic tales of her sex life.  She's bedded more men than been born on Ollyum in the last 100 years! "

Jacob laughed as he picked up a small sandwich, "That would make her total four times higher than mine."  With a dejected sigh he flipped the sandwich up, "Where did you buy these?"

"Zara made them," replied Anthony as he reached for one.  "She packs us a lunch every day.  You should see the one she gave Sebastian!"  Anthony's drew a large box with his fingers and nodded when everyone looked at what she'd sent with Kaelen, Kevin and Anthony.

"Oh," Jacob's lips curled upward as he raised an eyebrow.  "And why would Xara be making you lunch when you are here at the palace?"

"I don't know," answered Anthony truthfully.

Kaelen rolled his eyes, as he picked up a golden roll filled with red bean paste, "Another one of Sebastian's bright ideas."

"What do you mean," asked Lucas as he grabbed the last ham and cheese sandwich.

"He's been giving her all types of advice and I have no idea when or where he's getting it from," snapped Kaelen.  "The first of his many suggestions was that she gives me oral so I'd be nice to her."

"Sounds like a good idea to me," choked Jacob as he tried not to laugh at Kaelen's indignant expression.

Kaelen turned to catch Lucas as he gave Kevin an indecipherable glance.  "What," asked Kaelen frustrated.  "What exactly am I not getting?"

Lucas paused as he took in Kaelen's flushed cheeks.  "What exactly is it you don't like about Xara?  She seems like a sweet woman and is nice enough even though you tried to kill her twice?"

"She's too nice, too meek and too demure," growled Kaelen as threw the bun on the table.  "All she does is follow Sebastian around like an obedient puppy dog.  She doesn't have a personality!  She's afraid of her own shadow!  Why would I want to be with someone like that?"

"Those are the problem," asked Lucas confused.  "I think Xara is the perfect woman for you.  You tend to like airheads that are submissive in bed.  I was actually shocked when you started fucking Ruby with her demanding and whiny personality."

Kaelen gave Lucas a blank stare, "I want a woman that knows what she wants without being told that she wants it.  I want to be able to hold some type of conversation with her outside the bedroom and I'd prefer not to worry that she thinks I'm going to snap and kill her."

"So you would sleep with Xara if she was able to have a conversation with you," asked Anthony confused.

"I believe you all are missing the point," sighed Kaelen as he shook his head.  "Lucas what attracts you to Kayla?"  

Lucas looked up from his handheld and gave a thoughtful look, "I'm not sure.  When I first met her the first think I noticed were her eyes."  With a soft smile Lucas shook his head, "They were open and curious without a trace of fear."

Jacob laughed, "Yeah until she heard your name."

Lucas rolled his eyes and turned to give Jacob a sarcastic smile, "Really?  Have you scared Ebony today?"

"No," sighed Jacob sadly as he lowered his head.  "It's really hard to get a rise out of her and I don't want to do anything that jeopardize the pregnancy."

"That's sick," laughed Anthony as he waved a hand to clear the table.  "But I'm fairly sure she's used to your childish behavior by now."

Jacob pouted as he leaned back in his chair, "I'm sure I'm going to be asked next by Kaelen and to answer your question it was her fear.  She was afraid of me yet never actually ran away she met me head on."  Jacob paused and rubbed his chin, "It was kinda sexy."

Kaelen put his hands up as a silent plea for Jacob not to go on. "This office is becoming too crowded," sighed Kaelen in frustration as he walked to the exit.  "Let's end this conversation with Xara not being the right woman for me."

"Her blood is," responded Kevin seriously.

"Yeah," laughed Kaelen mockingly, "and that's it!"  Kaelen strolled out of the office without a backwards glance as he stretched his tired muscles.  "I do not want a woman that cowers when I'm in proximity of her.  I have no idea why it excites me but I don't want it," mumbled Kaelen as he turned toward the bathrooms.

Several minutes later Kaelen exited the toilet and gave a heartfelt sigh.  He looked in the mirror after he'd washed his hands and pulled his lip up and frowned, "I need to pay Xara a visit before they drop any further.  Goddess on high why couldn't she just not exist?"

"And you need to pay a female friend a visit before you explode down there," laughed Kevin as he appeared next to Kaelen.  "I'm sorry if our jesting upset you.  We just wanted to know the reason why you seem Hades bent on being mean to Xara."

"Whatever," frowned Kaelen.  "I don't understand how Lucas and Jacob were blessed by the gods with Mia and Ebony.  They are wonderful women that are strong and independent."

Kevin smirked, "Ebony fears Jacob."

"She may fear him but at least she doesn't walk around as if on eggshells when he's around.  I do not want nor do I need a subservient woman in my life" exclaimed Kaelen angrily.  "I want a woman that knows her value -."

"Like Ruby Hand," asked Kevin as he stared intently into eyes so much like his own.

Kaelen waved a hand as he laughed, "Ruby is fun but she definitely doesn't know her worth.  She wants to be treated like she's a diamond when she's more like common coal."

"Then who," asked Kevin in exasperated tones.

"I don't know!"  Agitated Kaelen ran his fingers through his hair.  "Xara is too fragile!  I'd break her before I could even fuck her.  I want her to remain demure but know when to be assertive!  I want a woman that looks at me the way Kayla looks at Lucas!  Shit I'd take the way Ebony looks at Jacob!"

Kevin nodded as he gave Kaelen a sympathetic look, "So you want a woman that loves and respects you."

Kaelen smiled sheepishly as they both walked out the bathroom, "I wouldn't mind her being a little submissive in the bed though."

Kevin gave Kaelen a long stare. "You sure have a long list of wants," he laughed as he patted him on the shoulder.  "So what if Xara turned into the woman you wanted her to be?"

"I -," Kaelen paused and gave Kevin a long and quiet stare.  "Good luck with that," he started to laugh, "I know for a fact you can't push her or you would have done it by now."

Kevin nodded slowly as he turned to look away, "No I can't."

*******

Ah'Taria - Ward Residence in Silverlights District

"I wonder if Kaelen removed C-Bass's authorization to enter the house again," whispered Xara as heard the doorbell chime for the second time. Xara turned the burner down on the stove to let chicken broth simmer.

When the doorbell started to ring again with enthusiasm she frowned slightly as she hurried to the foyer and threw open the door.  "C-Bass did you leave - ?"

"C-Bass," laughed Ruby as her eyes narrowed on Xara.  "I've come to see my Kae," announced Ruby as she pushed her way past Xara and into the house.

"He's not here," responded Xara as she tried to catch up with Ruby as she strolled toward the kitchens.

Ruby could smell something delicious as she walked toward the kitchen and frowned in disgust.  As Ruby walked into the kitchen she sniffed the air and sneered, “What's that awful smell?"

Xara frowned as she walked passed Ruby toward the pot and lifted the lid.  "I'm preparing dinner," sighed Xara as she added dumplings to the broth.

"He's made you a servant," laughed Ruby as she clapped her hands gleefully.  "This is perfect," she whispered to herself.

"Hmm," hummed Xara as she added cabbage and button mushrooms.  "I'm not a servant we're supposed to take turns cooking but I found I liked cooking and offered to do it every day."

Ruby lips tightened as she raised her hand to call forth a picnic basket, "I had my servants prepare a nice dinner for Kaelen and myself to enjoy.  So," Ruby waved her hand in disgust toward Xara and the pot, "he will not be eating the disgusting slop you're making."

"Okay," hummed Xara as she pretended to tune Ruby out.

Ruby lips pulled back into a sneer as she walked toward the front of the house, "Soon bitch you'll be dead."

"Uh huh," hummed Xara as she started to set the table.

"Gods!  You are so annoying!"  Ruby stomped toward Xara as she set the table and picked up one of the forks.  "Die bitch!"  In on swift move she thrusted the fork towards Xara's neck."

"Stop" screamed Xara as barely side stepped the prongs and felt them plunge into her shoulder. "What is wrong with you," she whispered in disbelief.

Ruby stared in satisfaction at the fork that protruded from Xara's shoulder. "I was aiming for the artery in your neck," came Ruby's nasty retort as she calmly picked up another fork.  "I won't miss this time.  He's mine and I refuse to let you have him."

Xara fingers wrapped around the fork and pulled.  "Kaelen has no interest in me outside of drinking my blood."

"You aren't even worth that," yelled Ruby as she started to raise the fork to attack Xara again.

"If you do this," Xara began slowly as she twisted her lips wearily, "And no one is around...will someone hear you scream when Sebastian is killing you."

"What," sputtered Ruby not sure she heard her correctly.

"She asked," began Sebastian coolly as he leaned against the door frame.  "When I kill you if anyone will hear you scream."

Ruby didn't have time to turn around to confront Sebastian before every piece of silverware on the table rose and was directed toward her.  As she stared in mock horror they all flew at her.  With a wave of her hand they all dropped to the floor, "Little boy I don't know who you think you are but you are no match for me," laughed Ruby as she picked up one of the forks from the floor.

"Really," taunted Sebastian as he stared behind her.  "I think you should look again."

Ruby glanced over her shoulder to see several knives poised at her back.  She turned back to Sebastian and laughed as she waved.  When she didn't hear the sound of metal as it landed on the marble floor she glanced back to see that the number had doubled.  "How is that possible," she scoffed as she waved a hand again and watched as the number doubled again.

"You need to leave," drawled Sebastian as the knives started to lowly drift toward her.  "I'll tell Kaelen that you stopped by though," drawled Sebastian as he stared at her with a bored expression.

Ruby turned and glared at Sebastian, "I'll make sure he learns of this and so will my father!  An insult against me is an insult against my family."

"Yeah," sighed Sebastian lazily as he pushed off the wall.  "Tell your father if he wishes to speak to me that I am at the Ward Home and my name is Sebastian Pierre Mace."

Ruby stomped her foot as she stared at Sebastian aware he was not intimidated by her Ah'Tarian lineage.  When Xara walked to his side she rolled her eyes and gave an unlady like growl. "You people think because the first and second chair's heirs have lowered their standards and are mating with those bitches that you can do whatever you want!"

"You can leave now," drawled Sebastian.  With a wave of his hand Ruby vanished.

"Where'd you send her," exclaimed Xara as she looked around the kitchen in panic.  "Kaelen said no powers in the house."

"Are you going to tell on me," asked Sebastian as he stared into Xara's unguarded eyes. "Will you tell him that I used my powers in the house and have him do what he did to me when I came to rescue you."

"No," gasped Xara shocked.  "I'd never tell on you."

"Good," smiled Sebastian as he walked her toward the table and chairs.  Sebastian pushed her into a seat and sat down next to her with a smile. “I’ve been thinking," he began as he took in the dowdy pink and blue dress and the baby blue apron.  "I've been going about this all wrong," with a nod of his head he looked Xara deep in the eyes.  "Listen to me carefully," began Sebastian clearly as his eyes started to swirl gold.

*******

Ward Residence - Sebastian's Room

Kevin sat on the foot of Sebastian's bed with a smirk, "Did you do it?"

"Yeah," sighed Sebastian with a weary glance at Kevin, "I did it but I don't know how well it's going to work."

"Why," asked Kevin as he folded his legs and laid his elbows on his knees.  "You told me you could do pushes.  Xara doesn't keep her guard up with you like she does me and she trust you."

Sebastian shook his head, "Xara is like a wounded animal I can't make all her pain and fear just go away."

Kevin frowned as he thought this information over, "He wants someone like his sister."

"That's nasty," interrupted Sebastian with an appalled expression.  "Lucas should really have them checked to make sure they are siblings.  His obsession with Kayla is not healthy."

Kevin covered his the laugh that nearly escaped with a cough behind his hand, "They're siblings.  Kae things he wants someone like his Mia or Ebony but what he really wants is a woman that sees only him."

"And he thinks he'll find it in that psycho Ruby," laughed Sebastian as he thought of her nasty personality.

"Something really needs to be done with that woman," sighed Kevin as he stared thoughtfully at Sebastian.  "She's a social climbing whore that doesn't realize her place."

Sebastian lip curled as he thought of Ruby.  "She barged in today and assaulted Xara."

"Is Ruby okay," asked Kevin unconcerned.

Sebastian shrugged, "She's fine but I believe she'll will think twice before attacking Xara again."

Kevin laughed as he eagerly leaned forward, "Enough of that.  Tell me exactly what you pushed onto Xara?"

Sebastian shifted uncomfortably, "I suggested that -."

"You suggested or pushed," asked Kevin as he sat up and stared coldly at Sebastian.

"I pushed," frowned Sebastian before he looked away from the eyes that burned into his own.  "You don't have to threaten me old man," snapped Sebastian as he rose from the bed.  "I did what you said to do."

"What exactly did you do," asked Kevin as his feet touched the floor.

"Instead of just telling her to forget," began Sebastian as he sat down as far away from Kevin as possible, "I gave her new memories of growing up in a caring home."

"Ah," smiled Kevin as he stared at Sebastian.  "That was thorough of you."

Sebastian shrugged, "Instead of just placing several blocks and pressing a new personality on her I placed one block. That block now clouds all her memories from the day her parents died until she was found by Malcolm."

Kevin nodded in approval, "So her old memories -."

"Are nothing more than a nightmare.  In her mind after her parents and brother died she was taken to live with her kind auntie Mary, and her abusive brother Oscar O'Mallory.  Oscar had two sons myself and Dion."

"So you intertwined the truth into her new memories?"

Sebastian rocked back in the chair as he turned to look out the window.  "It will help if she has dreams of the truth," Sebastian said quietly.  "Arthur Brentwood is now remembered as a crazy medic that thought he could heal everything.  Julius Rockefeller was a medic that had a crush on her but died of natural causes on Ollyum."

"So you didn't push a new personality on her," asked Kevin seriously.

"No, it wouldn't have worked.  When I tried I saw her memories are too painful to just be covered and it would leave unexplainable gaps in her memory."

"You changed my plan," frowned Kevin as he stared out the window sadly.  "But it seems that you changed it for the better."

"I know," responded Sebastian with no emotion. "And you are sure that doing this will make her safe.

"How long do you think that charm will keep his darkness at bay," laughed Kevin without humor.  "There isn't enough meditation on Ah'Taria to keep it from wanting to get its hands on her."

Sebastian raked his hands through his red hair and sighed, "While you're here.  I want black or brown hair."

Kevin smirked as he looked at the bright red hair, "That's fine.  I thought you'd look cute with curly hair."

Sebastian grunted as he stood up and walked toward the bathroom.  "Are you going to come and make sure I turn it black or brown and not silver?"

"Nope," responded Kevin as he walked toward the exit.  "I assume you don't want any part of me, to be upset, so you'll do as I say."

Sebastian watched quietly as Kevin walked out his bedroom before he walked into the bathroom. "And they dare to call me a monster.  That man is scary crazy," he groaned as he closed the door behind him.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

382K 12K 49
"You are mine now. Just remember one thing nobody gets the privilege of bringing that smile on your face and touching you" he clenched his fsts and m...
5.8M 260K 82
(Complete) **A MATURE FANTASY** Book #1 in the Elemental Heir Series. Now published and available in PAPERBACK and KINDLE on AMAZON!! 🤍 "Your ready...
54.3K 1.5K 28
Kayla Miles strayed where she wasn't supposed to and in the process, caught the attention of the leader of a group everyone feared. * * * " You shou...