The Assistant ➵ h.s

By WeTukAChonce_

Jade Collins is a 19 years old teenager. She has just completed her degree for Media Makeup at the College of... More

The Assistant ➵ h.s
1: The First Day On The Job
2: Getting To Know Each Other
3: Sleepover!
4: No! They're My Oreos!
5: Scary Movie
6: Annoyance!
7: Run!
8: Pool?!
10: Grocery Stores
11: Ashley
12: Sugar Rush Kicks In!
13: Don't Mess With The Payne Train!
14: Physical Pain
15: Hospitals
16: Back Home!
17: Rumours.
18: Happiness
19: Airports
20: Late!
21: Laser Tagging!
22: Kick Ass
23: Winner!
24: Dublin!
25: Death Threats
26: Leaving
27: Surrender
28: You?
29: Held Hostage
30: Abused
31: Breakdowns
32: The Phone Call
33: Searching
34: Confronting
35: Help
36: Revenge
37: Feelings
38: Leaving
39: Going To An Interview
40: The Interview
41: Scared
42: Asked Out
43: Getting Ready
44: The Date (Part 1)
45: The Date (Part 2)
46: Telling Him
47: Guilty
48: Confused
49: Upset
50: Not Prepared
51: Heartbroken
52: Overwhelmed
53: The Truth Unveils
54: Awkward
55: The Talk
56: I'm Sorry
57: Relieved
58: Last Concert
59: L.A
60: Dirty Jokes
61: Gym
62: Working-Out
63: Lots Of Running
64: Dinner
65: Just Dance
66: Studio
67: Plane Ride
68: Parents
69: Unpacking
70: Cheeky
71: Panic Attack
72: New Year
73: Cupcake Wars and Jealousy
74: Spin The Bottle
75: Hide-And-Seek
76: Deal
Note

9: Shopping!

14.2K 283 114
By WeTukAChonce_

Status: Edited

"Wake up, Jade!" Eleanor yelled into my poor ears.

"No! Let me sleep!" My voice as muffled because of my fluffy pillow.

"No! Lazy bum! The boys have a photo-shoot today at 10 am!" El informed me.

"And what time is it now?" I spoke, peeking one eye open.

"9am!"

"What?" I shrieked as I jumped out of my bed."I only have an hour?!" I yelled as I slid into my bathroom.

"Yep! Now hurry up!" With that, Eleanor left.

I brushed my teeth and washed my face in record time, I am gonna take my shower when we get back. I scurried into my walk-in closet.

What to wear? What to wear? I searched my closet frantically until I settled with a yellow floral sundress with a denim jacket, along with my white gladiator sandals.

I ran to my bathroom, changes and started my makeup. I put on a minimal amount of waterproof eyeliner and mascara. I topped off my look with some sparkly lip gloss. I left my hair down in its natural state, soft waves and curled at the ends. I quickly grabbed my hoop earrings and left my bathroom.

I checked the time. It's only nine fifteen.

I grabbed my small side-bag and my iPhone and headed downstairs, after grabbing the makeup/hair supplies bags. You would think that as boys, they wouldn't need much of this hair stuff, but I swear, they're more high-maintenance than girls.

I walked into the empty lounge and dropped the bags on the hardwood floor. Everyone's voices were coming from the kitchen area so I headed over there. I opened the kitchen door. All of the boys were wearing sweats with random shirts. Sophia and Ashley were wearing shorts and tank tops while Eleanor and I were wearing sundresses. It was quite warm today so I found my outfit suitable.

The boys were scattered all over the place in the kitchen and dining room. Zayn was sitting at the table, occupied with his iPhone. Niall was also sitting at the table with Ashley in his lap. He was playing with her hair... Awe! Eleanor and Louis were talking to each other. Liam and Sophia were making breakfast together... How adorable?

Amongst all of this, Harry was leaning against the doorway while on his iPhone. Wow, so many people everywhere!

"Good morning everyone!" I greeted as I walked through the doorway. Harry had moved out of the way to let me through. A smile appeared on his lips.

"How was your sleep?" he asked.

"It was good! What about yours, Styles?" I asked.

"Fine!" He replied with a smile.

I walked around greeting everyone personally. Finally I reached Niall and Ashley.

"Hey people!" I chirped

"Hey Jay! What's happening?" asked Niall. I smiled at the cheesy nickname.

"Nothing much, Ni." I nudged him playfully. Ashley glared at me and scooted even more onto Niall's lap., if that was possible. Wow....What's up with her?!

"Remember when you fainted in the pool yesterday? That was really weird. I didn't even know you didn't know how to swim! I mean, who doesn't know how to swim these days?" She blabbered on and on.

Ouch.

Niall had a extremely confused look on his face while I probably looked like a shocked tomato.

"Um...excuse me?" I said.

"OMG you were like so out of it yesterday that it was almost funny!" She laughed.

"I was seriously drowning, Ashley. I wasn't joking." I felt tears well up as I bit my lip, a nervous habit of mine.

"Yeah, yeah, says the 'Worlds Biggest Drama Queen!" She rolled her eyes.

What's wrong with her?! I stared at her in shock.

Niall had a completely shocked look on his face while he looked at Ashley strangely.

"Um...Ash, I think... erm... oh look pancakes are ready!" Niall tried changing the topic. But really, the pancakes weren't even near being ready.

"Um...excuse me please." I left the table completely embarrassed. I silently walked towards the doorway, that Harry was still leaning on.

Tears threatened to fall out at any second. What is up with Ashley? I don't even know her anymore! Did I do something!? I tried to think of all of the things I might have done to make her upset but I came across nothing.

I was almost out of the doorway until someone gripped my upper arm.

"Jade?" Harry's concerned voice said. I tried to pry my arm out of his iron-grip but it didn't work.

"Harry, let me go." I whispered. I didn't want to be a 'Drama Queen', as Ashley had said. Everyone else was too busy in their own stuff to notice what had happened, obviously except for Ashley and Niall.

"No, come with me. " He dragged me out of the room. We went up the stairs, I didn't notice anything else as it was too blurry, thanks to fucking tears.

We walked into a room, that I suppose is Harry's. It was laid out the same way as Niall's except it had a more homey feeling to it and there was a custom fireplace along with a t.v. The room smelt of Cologne and Mint.

Harry walked over to his couch and signalled me to sit down beside him.

"Okay, now tell me. Jade, what happened?" His voice was calm, softly urging me to speak. I shook my head and stared at the fuzzy chestnut brown carpet.

"You've told me about your past, you can tell me this also." He stated, placing his hand on my knee.

"No," I whimpered, "You'll think I'm stupid." He cupped my face in his large hands and tilted my face up so I made eye contact with him.

"I won't judge you. You're one of those people that mean a lot to me, more than you can understand." I don't know why his words brought butterflies in my stomach. I nodded.

"Ashley..." I started. Harry nodded for me to go on. "She's been acting different and she purposely does things to hurt me. I don't even know her anymore. She was taunting me about yesterday's pool incident. I just don't know what to do, Harry! I thought we were closer than ever." I sobbed into his chest as he held me close.

"If it wasn't for me, you wouldn't have drowned yesterday. I am so sorry Jade."

"Stop Harry. It's not your fault. In fact you were the one who saved me." I protested.

He rested his chin on the top of my head. My body was sprawled all over the couch with my upper body hugging Harry.

We sat in a comfortable silence for about 10 minutes.

"I know what'll make you feel better." He stated.

"What?"

"Well, there are pancakes downstairs..." He started. I broke away from him and quickly ran my fingers through my hair. I wiped the wetness on my cheeks and smiled a bit. I got up and straightened out my sundress.

Harry chuckled at my sudden mood change. I was about to walk out if the doorway until I remembered something. I turned around and ran towards Harry. I engulfed him in a huge hug.

"Thank you for being my best friend Harry." I admitted. I quickly made contact with his cheek using my lips. He turned a bright red before I giggled and scampered down the hall.

Do I like him? I asked myself.

No, he's just a friend, nothing more, nothing less, added my conscience.

**************

*An hour later*

We are all at the studio currently. Ashley and I have been ignoring each other while Niall just kept sending me apologetic looks.

Lou and I had finally met up again after ages! She brought her baby along, Lux. She is the most adorable baby ever!

"Jade?" Called Lou.

"Yes?" I replied.

"Can you style Louis's hair? I will style Harry's in the mean while."

"Sure thing!" I chirped.

Louis walked over to my station and sat down in the comfy black chair. We chatted about a couple of things, keeping the conversation light and happy. I had already styled Zayn's hair! He was so picky! And I also got Liam too. Thankfully, Lou decided to style Niall, saving me some awkwardness.

The boys were all ready so Lou and I went into the small lounge. The girls were there too along with baby Lux.

"Come here Lux!" I cooed as she waddled towards me and stumbled into my arms.

"Oh, I like your dress Lux!" I said.

Lou laughed at how focused Lux was on my face.

Finally, after an hour of pictures, the boys were back. Lou and I had already cleaned up our stations.

"So, what do we do now?" questioned Louis.

"Well, you guys have a couple of choices. You people can go out for lunch as it is noon right now. You guys can go shopping in the town or go back to your places." Replied Paul.

After a couple of minutes of debating, we all settled on having lunch at Denny's then going shopping in the town, in pairs, because some people needed some stuff. After that, we would meet at Denny's again at 3:00pm. We would all go to dinner at some place called "Savanna's Kitchen!", Lou was coming too! After dinner, Niall, Harry and I are going to drop by the grocery store to buy milk and bread, since we're running out. Ashley was ignoring me so she decided not to come.

The drive to Denny's was loud and filled with laughter. We were all laughing about the time Liam had his boxers stolen. Sophia was trying to comfort a red-faced Liam while trying not to laugh herself.

Ashley had been sulking in a corner the whole time. I don't know what's wrong. I decided that I would confront her about it later.

We all finished our food and started deciding on the pairs. Lou said she was fine going by herself for now.

"Okay so Sophia and I, Niall and Ashley, Louis and Eleanor, and Harry and Jade." Said Liam.

"Sounds good?" He asked. We all replied with yes.

Harry and I hooked arms and split away from the group.

"So, where do ya wanna go?" He asked.

"I don't know really. I don't spend much time at the town so I'm a bit inexperienced."

"Oh okay. Well let me lead the way." He smiled his cheeky grin and I found myself grinning back at him.

We walked down the crowded sidewalks, talking about life. I got to know a bunch of stuff about him yet I still wanted to know more...not in a creepy way.

My purse was swishing at my side as my other hand, the one closest to Harry was hanging loose. Our fingers grazed each others for about the fourth time. Harry looked at me and interlocked his hand with mine. It felt just right but of course it was all a friendly gesture... Or at least that's what I think. Harry and I are not a 'thing' and nor are we dating. I don't know if he likes me in that sense but I have a feeling I like him in that way... just the slightest.

We kept talking. Occasionally we would hear the clicks of paparazzi's cameras but we didn't care. Harry was dressed in his ripped black jeans, a black shirt, his brown boots, and his olive coloured bandana that he claims he has a closet full of. He had changed his clothes after the photo shoot and still had his hair up in a quiff.

"Oh! Jade! This is the best Ice Cream shop in town! You've got to try some!" Harry gushed.

"Oh goody! I love ice cream!" I squealed as Harry laughed at my childishness.

I ended up getting a Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream in a waffle cone, the flavour Harry claimed as 'nasty'.

He had gotten a Caramel Chocolate Soufflé flavoured ice cream in a waffle cone. He had paid for the ice cream, being the 'gentleman' he claimed he was.

We walked even more and he ended up buying me a beautiful black dress, even though I had insisted that he shouldn't. He had bought it when I wasn't looking! He told me to consider it as a gift of our friendship. He makes my heart melt.

"What time is it?" I asked Harry.

"Oh shoot! It's five minutes to 3:00! I completely lost track of time!" He replied.

We scurried through the busy sidewalks and finally reached Denny's, panting for air.

"Wow! Looks like you two were running!" Laughed Eleanor. I nodded at her with wide eyes as I pointed towards Harry.

"Hey! It wasn't my fault!" protested Harry. We all laughed as Harry pouted and I squeezed his chubby cheeks.

Ashley and Niall came stumbling in 20 minutes late. Poor Niall had at least 20 bags on him while Ashley just pranced around. The other lads had to help him with the bags.

This Ashley was definitely not the one I had come to London with.

"Okay! Ready to go?" Asked Paul. We all nodded and got into the Van.

"So, Liam, did you have any pairs of boxers left?" I asked out loud once we got into the van. Everyone burst into laughter again.

"No... not this again!" whined Liam while hiding his face in his hands. He just made us laugh harder.

"Maybe we should talk about the time that Louis decided to put the lid of a trash can on his head! Man, he stunk for the rest of the day!" Stated Zayn. We all quietened for a second.

"Really?" asked Eleanor.

"Yeah he wa-"

"Oh- um- not actually, Zayn is just being stupid!" Louis defended.

"No! Zayn's speaking the truth!" Butted Niall.

We laughed at the fact that Louis was blushing, he never blushes!

"Oh my God, somebody get a camera! Louis Tomlinson is blushing!" screeched Harry.

"Shut up Hazza!" Louis yelled.

We arrived at "Savvana's Kitchen" shortly. The place looked very posh and elegant. The waitress's eyes bulged when she saw that One Direction was in their resteraunt and also at the large amount of people.

We sat down at the table, Harry to my left and Eleanor to my right. Everyone broke into chatter as I talked with Eleanor.

"Oh yeah, the Chicken platter is a good one! I always take it! You should try it." she said. I really love Eleanor's bubbly personality, she's just too sweet.

"Yeah? I've never been here so I don't know what's good. But I'll definitely take the Chicken Platter." I spoke. She smiled in agreement.

The waitress, that had now calmed herself, came and took our orders. Our order was huge!

"So, Ellie, how'd you and Louis meet?" I asked. She smiled at the thought.

"Well, it was during the days of the boys' X factor. Harry was friends with me. We knew each other well, since I would always come to his bakery."

"Oh, Harry worked at a bakery?" I asked. I never knew that.

"You betcha! He would look absolutely adorable in his apron!" she laughed. Wow, that would be one sight!

"He set me up with Louis. We went on a couple of dates and I felt that he was different. We started dating just as the boys finished their X Factor. And here we are."

"Aww... that is so cute! You two are made for each other! Oh my God!" I squealed. She laughed.

"Thanks Hun. Do you have anyone on your mind?" She wiggled her eyebrows.

I immediately thought of Harry. I think I like him a little bit. But I bet he doesn't like me back. I'm afraid of asking him out and getting friend zoned. He has a million girls after him and he can date any model he wants, why would he like me?

"Nah, I am a happy Single Pringle!" I smiled at her.

"Oh don't even lie! I know you're into Harry!" She whisper-yelled. I shook my head and looked away. She nudged me.

"Come on! We're best friends! You can tell me!" She's right. She is one of my best friends. Meh, telling her won't hurt.

"Well, I guess I kinda like him. But I know he doesn't like me! You can't tell anyone!" I hissed. Her eyes went huge all of a sudden.

"Are you crazy?! Of course he likes you!" She whisper-yelled. My heart fluttered. Does he actually like me?

"Even if he does, I am not admitting it! I don't want to get rejected!"I stated.

The waitress came right then, this made Eleanor shut up, thank God!

"We will get back to this!" she whispered in my ear. I shook my head really slowly.

HARRY'S P.O.V.

I looked around the table. Everyone had gotten their food and were currently eating. I looked beside me and watched Jade eat her Chicken, a satisfied grin on her face. As she leaned down for another bite, her gorgeous brown locks slid forward. An annoyed look replaced her grin as she moved her hair back again. She looked ba-

Someone kicked me under the table, distracting me from my thoughts. I looked over to see Niall smirking at me and shaking his head slowly. I felt my cheeks grow hot as I focused on my burger once again.

Am I falling for Jade Collins?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

450K 17.8K 52
[NOT EDITED.] !!!DISCLAIMER: I wrote this when I was young and didn't fully grasp the concept of writing. The books get progressively better as time...
73.9K 520 30
Lacey's life is a disaster. Her dad is abusive, and her mom left when Lacey was two. Now, she is taking care of Elena, her little sister. While takin...
9.9K 341 32
Most would say life has always been easy for rich Irish teenager Lauren Daley, but she disagrees. Despite the fact her Mum and Dad are extremely famo...
190K 3.2K 58
"Bu-but you are my boss."I stutter out. "I know and you are my assistant. But I don't give a fuck anymore. You drive me insane because all I can thi...