Finding Rory

By anonymousgg16

32-year old Rory Gilmore's life is a mess. Will someone from her past help her take control and find happine... More

Chapter 1: Reconnecting
Chapter 2: The Plan
Chapter 3: Once More With Feeling
Chapter 4: Finding Plan B
Chapter 5: Moving On Times Two
Chapter 6: It's a Small World
Chapter 7: A Thousand Years
Chapter 8: Waking From a Nightmare
Chapter 9: Don't Want to Lose You
Chapter 10: Collision With Reality
Chapter 11: Sunday Drive
Chapter 12: I'm Ready Now
Chapter 13: Rude Interruption
Chapter 14: Life De-Loagan'ed
Chapter 15: Feels So Domestic
Chapter 16: The Afterglow
Chapter 17: Such a Good Wife
Chapter 18: Tell Me About the Ex
Chapter 19: Nervous Energy
Chapter 20: Good Things Are Happening
Chapter 21: Found Their Way Back
Chapter 22: Nice Form
Chapter 23: Ya-Ya Motherhood
Chapter 24: I've Got You
Chapter 25: Happy Wife, Happy Life
Chapter 26: The Calm?
Chapter 28: Uniquely Odd
Chapter 28: Better Memories
Chapter 29: Movie Night, Round Two
Chapter 30: My Baby
Chapter 31: One Giant Leap Forward
Chapter 32: The Boxes
Chapter 33: New Memories
Chapter 34: Peaceful, Easy Feeling
Chapter 35: A Quiet Night In
Chapter 36: Confiding in Friends
Chapter 37: Admitting You Need Help
Chapter 38: I'll Protect You
Chapter 39: Wonderful News
Chapter 40: The Purge
Chapter 41: Family Time
Chapter 42: It's a Small World
Chapter 43: Your Hot Girlfriend
Chapter 44: Deep Confessions
Chapter 45: Flirting with Engagement
Chapter 46: The Meddling Cousin Strikes
Chapter 47: Bonding Over Beers
Chapter 48: Monthly Celebration?
Chapter 49: Green-Eyed Monster
Chapter 50: Seizing the Opportunity
Chapter 51: Unraveling
Chapter 52: Nervous Anticipation
Chapter 53: Meet the Family
Chapter 54: Deliriously Happy
Chapter 55: Celebrations Galore
Chapter 56: Who's Your Daddy?
Chapter 57: Big Decisions
Chapter 58: Double Celebration
Chapter 59: Princesses to Queens
Chapter 60: The Big Moment
Chapter 61: Let the Hijacking Begin
Chapter 62: First Day
Chapter 63: Merger Details
Chapter 64: Suspicions
Chapter 65: The Escape
Chapter 66: Digging for Info
Chapter 67: Family Bonding
Chapter 68: So Tired
Chapter 69: I've Moved On
Chapter 70: The Collision
Chapter 71: The Calm Before the Storm
Chapter 72: The Truth Comes Out
Chapter 73: It's Really Happening
Chapter 74: Mom, I'm Pregnant
Chapter 75: Just Meant to Be
Chapter 76: The Party
Chapter 77: Catharsis
Chapter 78: The Tangled Web
Chapter 79: Almost a Family
Chapter 81: Closure
Chapter 82: Mr. and Mrs. Dugrey
Epilogue

Chapter 80: The First Look

2.5K 97 22
By anonymousgg16

"Does that take care of everything?" Lorelai asked as she looked over her notes.  She had met Michelle at the club in Hartford to put the finishing touches on Tristan and Rory's wedding plans.  They'd made lists, recruited help, and ensured that everything was planned to perfection for the big day.  The couple's closest friends and family would join them at the house in Ocean Beach to see Tristan and Rory take their vows and become husband and wife.

"Yes, I think that's it.  We have the minister, the caterer, music, cake, lodging for the guests, and security for the event.  Everything is covered.  Have you talked with Rory this week?

Lorelai nodded her head.  "Yeah, she's so excited that she can barely stand it.  She can't quit talking about how perfect it's going to be and telling me that she can't wait.  How's Tristan?"

"He's so happy.  I've never seen him like this - so completely in love and committed and grounded.  She's so good for him," Michelle replied with a smile.

"I was really hard on them at first.  I was afraid that Tristan would end up being another Logan, but I was wrong about him.  He's so good for her, and to her.  It took me some time to see it, but they're perfect for each other," Lorelai admitted.

"He used to be just like Logan, but he's changed over the years.  He and Rory are just meant to be," Michelle agreed. 

"I can't wait to see those babies; they'll be absolutely gorgeous," Lorelai said with a laugh.  "God, I just sounded like my mother."

"Well, you're right.  Those two little ones are going to be so cute, and so incredibly loved.  Did you talk to them about the nurseries?"

"She said that they would love help decorating.  You know, there's a store with the cutest baby things down the street.  It wouldn't hurt to look, would it?" Lorelai asked hopefully.

"Not at all!  Let's go," Michelle agreed.

*                    *                    *

Honor's eyes widened as she listened to the conversation going on at the table behind her.  The booths at the club had enough privacy that she couldn't be seen, but she could still hear every word they were saying.  She waited until they had left and then dropped cash on the table and slipped out of the booth.  She picked up her cell phone and dialed her mom's phone number.  After a few rings, Shira answered.

"Mom?  Did you know that Tristan is marrying Rory Gilmore this weekend at their place on Ocean Beach?  Why weren't we invited?" Honor demanded.

*                    *                    *

Tristan laid in bed next to Rory and ran his fingers up her arm gently, trying to coax her eyes open.  "Do you know what today is?" he whispered.

Rory stirred and smiled as she saw him looking down at her lovingly.  "Today's the day that I become Mrs. Rory Dugrey," she said with a smile as she snuggled further into his arms.

"I can't believe we're finally here, fifteen years after I first met you at Chilton.  I get to put a ring on your finger and make you my wife today," he replied softly.

Rory reached up and wrapped her arms around his neck, pulling his lips down to meet hers.  She kissed him tenderly, relishing the moment.  Their families and friends had pulled together and had insisted that everything was under control for the wedding, telling Rory and Tristan to relax and enjoy the peace while they oversaw preparations that morning.  Much to Emily and Francine's chagrin, Tristan and Rory had chosen to spend the night before their wedding together at a small inn on the beach.  Neither of them wanted to spend even a night apart.

"I love you so much," Rory whispered as she kissed down his neck.

"Mmm...I love you, baby," he growled as he pulled her on top of him.  "Now, what do you say to celebrating early?"

"Celebrating early?  But then you might decide you don't want to marry me," she teased.

"No way in hell," he whispered with a smile as his lips met hers again.  "Nothing could stop me from making you my wife today."

"Let's start the celebration," Rory whispered seductively as she began kissing down Tristan's chest.

"You don't have to tell me twice," Tristan smirked.

*                        *                    *

"You look so calm, kid," Lorelai said as she watched Rory sit for her hair and makeup.  Rory had asked her mom and Michelle to join them as she and her bridesmaids got ready for the wedding.  The girls' hair and makeup had been finished earlier, and now they were putting the finishing touches on Rory's.  Kayla was spinning around the room in her dress as Abigail, Steph, Rebecca and Paris put on their dresses. 

"You told me that when it was right I wouldn't hesitate, and it's right.  I know that he's the one for me, and I can't wait to stand up in front of our families and friends and make it official," Rory replied with a smile.

"Alright, you're all finished," the makeup artist said as she put the last touch on Rory's makeup.  "What do you think?"

Rory surveyed her reflection in the mirror and smiled.  "It looks perfect.  It's just enough while still looking like me."

"Alright, you ready for your dress, sweets?" Lorelai asked.

Rory nodded and walked across the room to where her dress was hanging.  It was a beautiful chiffon dress with a beaded empire waist and sweetheart bodice.  She stepped into the dress and turned so that her mom could zip her up.  She stepped into the ballet flats she'd chosen to wear for the day and then closed her eyes as her mom fastened on her simple, single-tier veil.  When it was securely attached, she opened her eyes and turned toward the mirror, all of her friends looking on.

"Wow," she whispered as she saw herself.  "I look like a bride."

"That's because you are the bride," Lorelai chuckled.  "You look beautiful, babe," she finished as she wiped a tear from her eyes.

"Hey, no tears.  I can't mess up my makeup!" Rory said with a laugh.

"Alright, I'll behave," Lorelai relented.  "Are you ready to do this?"

"Yeah, I'm ready," Rory said with a smile.  "Where's my bouquet?  It's time for me to go meet Tristan for our first look."

Lorelai handed Rory her bouquet and kissed her on the cheek.  "Go soak up a few minutes with him before he becomes your husband."

Rory nodded and walked out of the bedroom to their meeting spot.  The guests were gathering on the beach in the back, so Tristan and Rory had made plans to meet by one of the lighthouses near the front of the house.  She walked out the front door and smiled as she saw Tristan standing there waiting with his back to her, just as they'd discussed.  She walked toward him quickly and took a moment to adjust her dress and veil, wanting to look perfect for him.  Satisfied with the way she looked, she reached forward and tapped him on the shoulder.  The photographer was snapping photos furiously, but neither of them noticed him.

Tristan took a deep breath and turned around when he felt Rory tap his shoulder.  Seeing her standing there in her wedding dress, ready to become his wife, took his breath away.  He was suddenly choked up and and the only thing he could do was reach out for her and pull her close to him.  He wrapped his arms around her and kissed her on the forehead, completely overwhelmed by the emotions he was feeling.  They stood there holding each other for a few minutes until he finally spoke.

"You look amazing, Mare," he whispered.  "I've imagined this day so many times since we reconnected, but you look even better than I'd dreamed."

"Thank you, Tris," Rory said tearily.  "You look pretty amazing yourself."  He looked quite handsome in his light grey suit and aqua tie and pocket square.

He kissed her tenderly and then took a step back and took her hand.  He held it up above her head.  "Turn around for me; I want to see the whole thing."

Rory twirled for him and his smile grew.  "You're the most beautiful woman I've ever seen, and I get to marry you in a few minutes," he said, his smile growing even bigger. 

"Last chance to run," Rory teased.

"The only way I'm running is if you're thrown over my shoulder," he chuckled.  He reached down and laid his hand over her stomach.  He could see the changes that were happening in her body and he loved him, but her dress covered them well.  At ten weeks pregnant with twins, her petite frame was just beginning to develop a subtle bump.  "You, me, the babies - let's do this," he said softly.

"Let's go," she affirmed.  She took his hand and they turned back toward the house, but both of them instantly stopped in their tracks.

"What the hell are you doing here?" Tristan asked as he wrapped his arm around Rory protectively.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

124K 4.4K 52
At the end of Gilmore Girls: A Year In the Life, Rory finds herself carrying a permanent reminder of Logan. She unexpectedly finds comfort in the ar...
39.6K 891 20
What if Lorelai gave Rory to Chris. What if after 17 years Rory moves back to Lorelai. What if Rory grew up in New York. What if Rory and Jess dated...
115K 3.5K 74
Following Gilmore Girls A Year In The Life, this fanfic focuses on the many precious relationships that flourish as a result of Rory's pregnancy. Her...
58.1K 1.5K 41
Rory's pregnant. Will she tell Logan? Heartache strikes, relationships bent, and more. This is book 1 and there will be a book 2. (Completed) I'm not...