Chapter 80: The First Look

"Does that take care of everything?" Lorelai asked as she looked over her notes.  She had met Michelle at the club in Hartford to put the finishing touches on Tristan and Rory's wedding plans.  They'd made lists, recruited help, and ensured that everything was planned to perfection for the big day.  The couple's closest friends and family would join them at the house in Ocean Beach to see Tristan and Rory take their vows and become husband and wife.

"Yes, I think that's it.  We have the minister, the caterer, music, cake, lodging for the guests, and security for the event.  Everything is covered.  Have you talked with Rory this week?

Lorelai nodded her head.  "Yeah, she's so excited that she can barely stand it.  She can't quit talking about how perfect it's going to be and telling me that she can't wait.  How's Tristan?"

"He's so happy.  I've never seen him like this - so completely in love and committed and grounded.  She's so good for him," Michelle replied with a smile.

"I was really hard on them at first.  I was afraid that Tristan would end up being another Logan, but I was wrong about him.  He's so good for her, and to her.  It took me some time to see it, but they're perfect for each other," Lorelai admitted.

"He used to be just like Logan, but he's changed over the years.  He and Rory are just meant to be," Michelle agreed. 

"I can't wait to see those babies; they'll be absolutely gorgeous," Lorelai said with a laugh.  "God, I just sounded like my mother."

"Well, you're right.  Those two little ones are going to be so cute, and so incredibly loved.  Did you talk to them about the nurseries?"

"She said that they would love help decorating.  You know, there's a store with the cutest baby things down the street.  It wouldn't hurt to look, would it?" Lorelai asked hopefully.

"Not at all!  Let's go," Michelle agreed.

*                    *                    *

Honor's eyes widened as she listened to the conversation going on at the table behind her.  The booths at the club had enough privacy that she couldn't be seen, but she could still hear every word they were saying.  She waited until they had left and then dropped cash on the table and slipped out of the booth.  She picked up her cell phone and dialed her mom's phone number.  After a few rings, Shira answered.

"Mom?  Did you know that Tristan is marrying Rory Gilmore this weekend at their place on Ocean Beach?  Why weren't we invited?" Honor demanded.

*                    *                    *

Tristan laid in bed next to Rory and ran his fingers up her arm gently, trying to coax her eyes open.  "Do you know what today is?" he whispered.

Rory stirred and smiled as she saw him looking down at her lovingly.  "Today's the day that I become Mrs. Rory Dugrey," she said with a smile as she snuggled further into his arms.

"I can't believe we're finally here, fifteen years after I first met you at Chilton.  I get to put a ring on your finger and make you my wife today," he replied softly.

Rory reached up and wrapped her arms around his neck, pulling his lips down to meet hers.  She kissed him tenderly, relishing the moment.  Their families and friends had pulled together and had insisted that everything was under control for the wedding, telling Rory and Tristan to relax and enjoy the peace while they oversaw preparations that morning.  Much to Emily and Francine's chagrin, Tristan and Rory had chosen to spend the night before their wedding together at a small inn on the beach.  Neither of them wanted to spend even a night apart.