Chapter 14: Life De-Loagan'ed

"Where to, Mare?" he asked when they were both sitting in the car.

"I guess the nearest AT&T store," Rory replied, not offering any additional information.

"Whatever makes you happy," Tristan chuckled, backing out of the driveway and steering toward Rory's desired location.

They arrived at the store and walked inside.

"Welcome to AT&T. May I help you?" the sales associate, Chad, asked when they entered.

"Yes, Chad. I need to get my phone number changed," Rory replied.

"Not a problem at all, ma'am. If you'll step to the counter I'll be happy to help you with that."

Tristan stopped Rory before she moved.

"Are you sure about this, Mary? You could just block his number, or keep ignoring him like you have been."

"I'm positive, Tris. I don't want him to be able to cause any trouble, and you and I both know that he will. I'll change my number now and let everyone know who needs to know when we leave."

"If you're sure..."

"I'm completely sure. I've moved on, and he isn't part of my life anymore," she replied firmly.

"Alright, let's do this then," Tristan agreed, walking up to the counter with her.

Fifteen minutes and a new phone number later, Tristan and Rory walked out of the AT&T store. They got into the car and she took a minute to copy and paste a text to everyone who needed to know her new number.

"Alright, I'm good for now. I'll finish de-Loganing my life when we get back to your place," Rory replied happily.

"Okay," Tristan agreed with a laugh. "Ready to work out?"

"We usually run near your house," Rory said confusedly.

"We're going to the gym today," Tristan clarified.

"To the gym? I've never been to the gym, Tristan!"

"Well, you've never been my girlfriend before either, but there's a first time for everything," Tristan chuckled.

"I don't even have a gym membership."

"That can be easily taken care of; consider it a gift."

"I don't want your money, Tristan," she warned.

"I'm not giving you my money, Mary. I'm just adding you to my gym membership so we can work out together. It will be good for you."

Rory sighed audibly.

"I'm not going to win this one, am I?"

"Nope, you're not," Tristan smirked.

"Alright, fine. But you'd better make sure I don't hurt myself!"

"I'll always watch out for you, Rory," Tristan said seriously.

Tristan did some quick paperwork at the gym and they both headed into the locker rooms to change. Rory walked back out to find Tristan already waiting on her.

"I think you're crazy to take me to the gym," Rory groaned when she saw him.

"And I think you'll be coming without me before you know it. You're going to love it once you get into it. Let's go," Tristan said, taking her hand and leading her to the workout room. He walked her through a short upper body workout, using lighter weights for Rory, and some squats. He laughed as he watched her tongue stick out while she concentrated on her form; she looked so adorable. They finished with 30 minutes on the treadmill and grabbed their bags to head back home.