Emotionally Incapable (Third...

By kryzme

Christine is engaged, but not to her true love. Her true love left 2 years ago to pursue his dream of traveli... More

Emotionally Incapable (Third Book to Politically Incorrect)
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14

Chapter 4

1.3K 66 8
By kryzme

Hey guys, it's officially my summer vacation! Kind of...I start my internship in NYC in June, so I'll be a lot busier once it starts. I'll try and write as much as possible before then. 

Hope you all enjoy!!!!!

__________________________________________________________

Christine

As Ian did want some alone time with Lana following the interviews, I found myself aimlessly wandering the halls, bored. Micah had had to cancel dinner for tonight as he had something for school he had to attend, so therefore, I was left to fend for myself. I could always have dinner with mum and dad in the dining hall like we used to, but things like that were never the same after Ian and Lana left. After all that had happened, after everyone seemed to move on with their lives, the palace seemed empty.

I felt empty.

That realization hurt my stomach and I sat down in the study, sadly thinking about how much I really missed all those years ago. When Lana had first gotten here, and things had seemed so much simpler. So much easier. I felt a part of a real family then, we were all so close. But as of late, we all seemed so far apart. The fact that we were all back in the house again was an insane and wonderful occurrence, but we hadn’t cashed in on the opportunity yet. I placed my fist in my palm determinedly, and smiled. That’s what I’d do. I needed to plan something for all of us to come together again. But what exactly…

Fiore. Yes. One of our classic Fiore parties. It was a great idea. And I was sure Fiore wouldn’t have a problem with it. I knew I was having an engagement party in two weeks, but in all honesty, that would be a public and very formal event. I wanted something wild, something crazy where we could all be ourselves together again. I wanted it back. I wanted my past back.

But a voice nagged at the back of my mind, “We can’t regain our past. It’s gone.”

I ignored it though, and took out my phone to call Fiore. “Hello?” I heard her bright voice at the other end and I felt a sigh of relief pass through me. When was the last time we had spent any time together since I started dating Micah? Micah didn’t tend to like being around Fiore, and therefore my time with her had dwindled into nothing. I felt awful at that insight.

“Fiore? Long time no talk…” I started awkwardly and I heard her harrumph at the other end.

“You’re telling me? How’s your boy toy?”

“Micah’s fine…just fine.”

“I meant Greg. I hear he’s back.”

“Fiore!” I snapped.

“What? Don’t lie to me honey. You still have a soft spot for him, right? So how is it having him back there?” She continued, not letting me answer the first question.

“Oh, well…awkward to put it simply. I don’t really know how to handle the situation.”

“We’ll discuss that in person, because you owe me some serious one-on-one girl time.”

“Yes ma’am.” I replied, a smile blooming on my lips.

“So, to what to I owe the honor of this call?” She asked, getting to the point. Fiore was never one to beat around the bush.

“Right, well…I figured since everyone’s back in close-quarters, we should plan something big for us all to attend. Something that brings back the old times a bit, you know what I mean?”

“Yes. I get you dear. Saturday night. Tell everyone to be there or else.”

“The only catch is Lana can’t really do too much because she’s on bed rest.”

“Then I’ll wheel her around on a gurney. She’s coming. End of story. Tell everyone to be here on Saturday. Nine PM.”

“Of course, Fiore. Anything for you.”

“No, this is for you. And tell your boyfriend to get that stick out of his arse when he’s at my party or I’ll give him a reason to act like a stuffed up asshole.”

“Fiore, come on. He’s really not like that.”

“To you. Which is a good thing because if he was I would’ve already killed him. See you Saturday. Bye love!” With that, the phone clicked off and I was left exhausted with the idea of telling everyone they had to attend a Fiore party in two days. Especially Lana on her bed rest. Fiore was serious though. She really would wheel her around if she had to.

I was still determined though. I wanted us all together. At least once before we all went off on our own again…probably for good this time.

Katie

Eliza clucked her tongue impatiently at me, but I refused to say a word at first. My roommate was never known for her patience. “You’re being annoying. Tell me what happened to give you that enormous grin before I shake it out of you.”

I tried to remove the smile from my lips but I couldn’t. Chad, of all people, had asked me on a date. He was basically a celebrity. Not to mention adorable and sweet…

“Hey! Alice in Wonderland! I’m talking to you! Wake up!”

I shook my head of the fantasies of what the date would bring, returning to reality. Even though I had technically talked him out of it being an official date. As much as I liked the idea of going on a date, especially with him, I couldn’t risk my newfound position, and such a prestigious position, just because I was interested. It was too dangerous a risk, especially after what had happened last time I was involved... “I’m going to throttle you. Tell me what’s up!” I giggled at her prodding and threw myself onto the couch dramatically.

“Oh Eliza, I’ve had the most wonderful day.” I said with a long happy sigh.

“Finally, she speaks. I take it you got the job then?” I nodded and she squealed with delight. “Hooray! I told you they couldn’t resist hiring you, hun!”

“I know, and there’s more.” I let out another sigh and she sat beside me, taking me by the shoulders to face her.

“Tell me.” She repeated for the third time and I looked away, my smile widening.

“Chad, the amazingly delicious Chad, asked me out on a date while I was at the palace.”

“What?!” She screamed and started jumping up and down getting a yell of displeasure from the tenant below us. “Sorry Mrs. Caterwaul!” She yelled back. “So? Tell me all of the details.” She sat back beside me.

“Well, I told him that I couldn’t really go on a date with him-…”

“WHAT?” Eliza began beating me with the pillow. “What is wrong with you?”

“I can’t risk my job by dating in the family!” I huffed back, using my hands to avoid being hit with the couch cushion. “But we’re still going out somewhere! Just as friends!” She ceased the hitting and let out a grunt.

“You’re ridiculous. You know it’s actually a date. Saying it’s just as friends is just protection. We both know that’s not what it really is.”

“But it’s better if I say it is. If it ends badly, I don’t want it to affect my job.”

“I get it dearie, I get it.” She smiled, knowing it was about more than that. “Make sure you tell me all about the amazing sex.”

I rolled my eyes at her imprudence, but nodded nonetheless. “Of course Liza. Whatever you say.” That comment earned me another smack from the cushion, but I didn’t care. I had a date with an amazing guy tomorrow night, and nothing could bring me down from that.

Greg

“A party on Saturday? Isn’t that a bit soon?” I asked Ian as he relayed what Christine had told him early Friday morning.

“So? It might be the perfect opportunity for you to spend some time with Christine!”

“She’ll be with her douchebag boyfriend. I don’t want to witness that.” I grumbled, sitting at the kitchen table and biting into a biscuit.

“No, he doesn’t like Fiore. He’ll bail. You need to go. Lana’s the only one excused because of doctor’s orders. I already called Fiore and told her she can’t have Lana until she’s better.”

“Are you coming?”

“Of course, if only to appease Fiore because Lana can’t come.”

“What is the reasoning behind this whole party anyway? I can’t even remember the last time Fiore threw a party.”

“Exactly. Christine is in a weird place right now. She feels like we’ve all drifted apart and she’s terrified of change. She misses the way things used to be. So she asked Fiore to basically throw it so we could have a reunion type thing.”

“So eloquent, your majesty.” I teased.

“Shut up, asshole.” Ian jabbed back. “Anyway, if she really is in this delicate state of not being sure what she wants and feeling like she misses the past, you need to swoop in. This is your time.”

“Did I hear correctly?” Chad’s voice came from the doorway. “Is that what you two have been plotting?” I felt my stomach drop at Chad’s tone.

“It’s obvious she’d be happier with Greg, Chad. We all know it.” Ian said with a shrug, joining me at the table.

“But to target her when she’s vulnerable and confused. That’s low, guys.” Chad argued.

“No. That’s called strategic planning.” Ian retorted and I held up a hand for them both to stop.

“Chad, I love Christine and I’m going to do whatever possible to get her back. End of story. Are you helping or not?”

Chad rolled his eyes and grunted. “Fine. Helping. What do you need?”

“Just don’t tell Lana, Christine, or Fiore.” Ian told him.

“Done. I’m not being the messenger of bad news.” Chad agreed instantly.

“Also, if you have any ideas on how to sway her or for me to get her alone, I’m all ears.”

“Well, first of all there’s the party tomorrow. Take someone with you. Make her jealous.” Chad offered.

“Isn’t that mean to whoever I bring with me?” I asked.

“Not if they’re in on it. I’m going out with Katie later. I could ask her if she has any friends who would be willing or up to it.”

“Why not just let me bring Katie?” I asked, but the glare Chad supplied was answer enough. “Right, well, just let me know how that goes.” I finished, sharing a glance with Ian. Chad really was infatuated again, and we knew better than to get in his way.

“I’ll talk to Katie later about it. I’m sure she’ll know someone.” Chad finished, grabbing an apple and taking a bite out of it.

I let out a sigh. Our plan was finally moving in some kind of direction, but I couldn’t help but feel wary. What if it didn’t work? What if Christine really did just want nothing to do with me anymore? I wasn’t sure if I could handle finding that out…I needed her.

________________________________________________________

What do you all think? Please vote and comment!!!! Love you all!! <3 

My facebook fanpage is in the external link on the side! 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

769 41 39
A young girl lives in the forest all alone. No family, no friends and worst of all no memories. She just woke up one day lying on the forest floor. ...
940K 44.5K 50
Christine thought everything in her life was already in place. She's happy with everything that she achieved. Everything was perfect. She thought, it...
36 1 25
Tired of continuously getting her heart broken, Sofia promised herself she would never let anyone break her heart. But how do you know that the next...
165 4 6
She just wants the best for him, as his friend. She would give up anything for him, as he would do the same. They would give up their souls for each...