The Academy - Book III

By emmyles

This is the final installment in the Series! *This book features very mature content! If you don't like your... More

Author's Note
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Don't Kill Me
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty One
Chapter Thirty Two
Chapter Thirty Three
Q & A
Chapter Thirty Four
Chapter Thirty Five
Chapter Thirty Six
Chapter Thirty Seven
Chapter Thirty Eight
Chapter Thirty Nine - Side Chapter
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty One
Chapter Forty Two
Chapter Forty Three
Chapter Forty Four
Chapter Forty Five
Chapter Forty Six
Chapter Forty Seven
Chapter Forty Seven
Chapter Forty Nine
Chapter Fifty
Chapter Fifty One
Chapter Fifty Two
Chapter Fifty Three
Chapter Fifty Four Part 1
Chapter Fifty Four Part 2
Chapter Fifty Four - Part 3
Chapter Fifty Five
Chapter Fifty Six part One
Chapter Fifty Six Part Two
Chapter Fifty Seven
Chapter Fifty Eight
Chapter Fifty Nine
Chapter Sixty
Chapter Sixty One
Author Note
Word Index and Information
Chapter Sixty Two
Chapter Sixty Three
Help Pick a Cover
Chapter Sixty Four
Chapter Sixty Five
Epilogue

Chapter Five

6.5K 218 64
By emmyles

Chapter Five

Vast Darkness of Space

Dion smirked as he reread the report sent from his contacts on Ah'Taria.  "So he still hasn't made his appearance," laughed Dion as he threw his handheld on the desk.  "And here I thought he'd have went to retrieve Xara immediately and gotten himself killed."

"Are we talking about Sebastian," asked Oscar as he walked into the office.

Dion pointed toward the handheld and laughed without humor, "We are.  I was sure from his little display of temper that he would have went halfcocked and got himself killed trying to get Xara."

Oscar rolled his eyes as he sat down at the desk, "You do remember we need him if we are to succeed or are you so daft that you forgot?"

"Daft," spat Dion as he banged his hand on the desk.  "I am not the one that came up with a plan that rest on another person's cooperation!  The only bargaining chip we had was Xara and Julius let her escape and got himself killed!"

"Sebastian cannot die if we wish to go against the Sinclair or the Lawson family!  He is our only hope in bringing them to heel."

Dion reached into his pocket and withdrew a single bullet withheld a shimmering free-flowing silver liquid, "We have the means to destroy both of those families and Ah'Tarian that would try to oppose us."

Oscar stared at the projectile wearily, "The test subject on Dayum only suffered a minor headache after being shot with that serum.  It doesn't work."

"I've modified it and I have successfully retested it," drawled Dion smugly.

Oscar jumped to his feet as he stared excitedly at his son, "Did it work?"

"It worked better than I could ever had expected."  Dion picked up his handheld and pressed a few buttons to bring the necessary data up.  "I tested it on Ollyum on Emilio Vasquez an Ah'Tarian that decided he was too good to stay with our cause."

"Ah," smiled Oscar as he sat back down.  He took the device and reviewed the results with a small smile.  "It solidified his internal organs?  It sounds extremely painful."

Dion smiled as he watched his father become excited over the results, "Yes it did.  He didn't know what hit him and within seconds his body fossilized.  Within 5 minutes he was nothing more than dust able to be blown away by a breeze."

"And what was Emilio's power level," asked Dion as he deftly pressed buttons.

"His power level was an 85%.  I hypothesize that the higher the power level the faster the serum will work."  Dion watched with a steady eye as his father went through every page of his notes.  "Do you not believe me," he snapped when he saw him go back to the first page and start to review the data again.

Oscar looked up from the screen, "Our downfall will be because we are too cocky in the belief that we can destroy them with this serum you've created."  With a disgruntled look he tossed the device on the desk, "I find it amusing that you can come up with numerous ways to kill them yet haven't come up with one way to stably duplicate their abilities."

"I've replicated them in Sebastian and was able to increase Orchid's," mumbled Dion as he grabbed his handheld and rose.

"Should I throw you a parade," snapped Oscar as he stared with contempt.  "Do you want me to run the banners at the fact that you are able to half-ass do something?"

Dion stared coldly at his father before he walked around the desk.  "Maybe I should experiment on you," he mumbled to himself as he left the room.  "With any luck I'd kill you."

Oscar, unaware of his son's musing, shook his head as he watched Oscar walk out of the office.  "You are such a disappointment," he whispered to himself as he shook his head and rested his head against his hands.

*********

 Ah'Taria - Silver Lights District, Ward House

"What are you doing," asked Kaelen rhetorically as he walked into the kitchen to Xara spoon cookie dough onto a flat cookie sheet.

Xara stared down at the dough she was set to place in the oven and frowned.  "Kevin said that all the guys seemed to like cookies and that it would improve your mood," whispered Xara meekly as she peaked from beneath her eyelashes at Kaelen'.

"I don't like those," he snapped as he stared in disgust at the dark brown globs that smelled like chocolate and peanut butter.  "What are they anyway?"

"I'm making double chocolate and peanut butter chip cookies," she answered dejectedly as she wiped her hands a yellow and white apron.  "Kevin told me you like chocolate chips."

Kaelen walked over to peer down at the batter coldly, "Throw them away."

"B-b-but," whispered Xara as Kaelen's hand rested on the small of her back in what could only be seen as a warning.

"But what," asked Kaelen as he turned her to stare at him.  "But you want to disobey me?"

"No," gasped Xara as she stared into the fire of his hazel-green eyes.  "I've already made two batches, should I throw them away as well?"

Kaelen could smell the fear roll of her in waves and took a deep breath.  Stunned at himself he took a step back and looked toward the cookies.  "You can eat them," he gritted out as he tried to keep his inner demon at bay.

"I can't," began Xara with a shake of her head.  "I can't eat nuts."

Kaelen turned to stare coldly at Xara and arched an eyebrow, "So you made cookies you can't eat?"

"Kevin said he liked peanuts and chocolate so I thought all of you would like them," she mumbled as she tried to ease around the counter away from Kaelen.

"As if I'd believe that," sneered Kaelen as he jerked her toward him and the platter of cookies.  "Eat them!"

Xara took a deep breath as her hand started to shake as she picked up one of the cookies.  "I really can't eat nuts," she whispered.

"Right," scoffed Kaelen as he sat down and stared at her.  "Eat!"

Xara bit into the cookie fearful and started to chew.  As she swallowed she could feel her throat start to swell and leaned against the counter.

"What are you doing," asked Anthony as he strolled into the kitchen his signature gray mist swirled behind him like a cloak.

"I'm watching Xara eat the cookies she made," sneered Kaelen as he watched her take another bite into the cookie.

Anthony frowned as he looked at the platter, "Oh I had a few of those earlier.  They were really good but Xara told me she couldn't eat them because she's allergic to peanuts."

Kaelen's froze as he watched Xara obediently take another bite. "Allergic," he whispered as he stared at her.  "Stop!"  Kaelen reached across the counter to grab the cookie from her hand.  "Why didn't you just say you were allergic," he yelled as he watched in horror as she began to cough.

"I -," gasped Xara as she tried to take a deep breath.

"Oh my gods do we have something," yelled Anthony as he glared at Kaelen.  "What is wrong with you," he reprimanded as he hurried around the counter.  "You were always the one that seemed so level-headed."

Kaelen stared uncertainly as Anthony knelt next to Xara, "I didn't know she was allergic."

"I'm sure she said something," Anthony threw over his shoulder as he stared into her eyes.  "It appears to be a minor reaction but she still needs medicine."

"Minor?  She's laying on the floor barely able to breath," responded Kaelen as he stared at her in a mixture of disgust and awe.

"Damn I never thought you could act like this," sighed Anthony as he rose.

Kaelen picked up a cookie and took a bite, "How exactly am I acting?"

"Heartless," responded Anthony as he scooped Xara into his arms.  "She could have died trying to appease you and your sick belief that she was trying to poison you."

Kaelen rolled his eyes as he waved the cookie, "This is good and tell her I'm sorry and won't visit her tonight."

"What the fuck," snapped Anthony as he watched Kaelen walk away.  "Is he fucking serious," he asked the empty room.

"She'll be fine," responded Sebastian as he walked into the kitchen from the basement.  "I have her medicine," he added as he waved a small blue crystal."

Anthony stared at the other demon with an exasperated look. "Were you going to let her eat the whole plate before you showed yourself?"

"No," responded Sebastian as he took Xara from him.  "Wake up," he whispered as he brushed his lips across her forehead.  "Don't scare me like this and stop gasping."

Anthony's expression remained unreadable as he watched Sebastian.  "Both of you act too much alike," mocked Anthony as he turned toward the door.  "You both only care about one person and to Hades with anyone that isn't that person."

"Uh huh," replied Sebastian as he tuned out Anthony.  "Xara," he whispered as he watch her take a shallow breath.

"Wow," sighed Anthony as he walked out of the kitchen and bumped into Kaelen.  "And let me guess you were listening?"

Kaelen shrugged as he made a noncommittal sound.  "Why do you care so much," asked Kaelen.

Anthony gave Kaelen a hard look before he made the swirling mist disappear.  "It's not that I care it's just that in some morbid way it amuses me.  In a way it's like watching Lucas court Kayla again."

Kaelen's back stiffened, "There are absolutely no similarities."

"You think so," laughed Anthony as he patted Kaelen on the back.  "You really don't see it, do you?"

"I don't," snapped Kaelen as his faux calm started to slip.

"Watching you is so very amusing." Anthony gave a rusty laugh as he shook his head, "All you do is meditate, train and go to meetings.  It's kind of funny to watch you pretend to be calm when you are struggling so hard."  

Kaelen gave Anthony a blank look, "And you find my hardships amusing?"

"I do when the object that could ease the flame burning inside you is less than 10 feet away."  Anthony shook his head as he walked up the stairs, he paused to stare at Kaelen one more time before he gave another rusty laugh.  "You young bucks are so entertaining."

Kaelen scowled as he turned to walk back into the kitchen and trace Sebastian's steps up the servant's stairs to the second floor.  He took a deep breath before he opened the door to Xara's room.  Kaelen watched silently as Xara's chest rose and fell before he walked over to sit on the bed next to her.  "I thought they were going to call the medics," he sighed.  With a smirked he realized that she was trying to remain still. "I know you're awake," he whispered.

Xara's eyes flew open and stared into his.  "I'm sorry," she gasped right as he lips slammed down on hers.  Surprised she laid still with her hands balled in fist at her side.

"You are such a cold fish," complained Kaelen as he leaned away from her.

Xara shuddered as bad memories surfaced and tears pricked her eyes.   "I'm sorry I'll try harder," answered Xara softly as she moved her hands to the buttons of her bodice.

"What are you doing," asked Kaelen as he jumped from the bed and watched her rapidly unbutton her top. 

Xara stared up at him uncertainly as her hands hovered over the last buttons, "I'm removing my clothes so that you can continue."

Kaelen shook his head as he stared at her, "Why?"

"So that you can have sex with me," she answered simply as she pulled the shirt open.

Kaelen's lips pressed into a line as he stared at her ripe breast.  "Why would you think I want to have sex with you," he snapped as her hands started to work on the buttons of her pants.

"You said I was a cold fish.  Doesn't that mean you want to have sex?"

Kaelen couldn't help but laugh at her outrageous remark.  "No that means exactly the opposite."

"Oh," responded Xara as her fingers made quick work to re-button the plain brown shirt and sat up.  "I'm sorry that's what Dion used to say before he'd push me to the floor."

Kaelen stared blankly at her as he slowly comprehended what she was saying.  With a disgusted shake of his head he took another step away from her, "I wouldn't do that."  Even as he said the words he knew deep down he could and would do that if he didn't remain in control. "I need to go do my evening mediation."

"So you don't want to have sex with me," asked Xara as she slowly stood up.  "You only want to bite me?"

Kaelen scratched his head, "What did you and Sebastian talk about in those few minutes that you two were alone."

"He said that you'd be nicer to me if we had sex," she supplied softly as she blinked up at him innocently.

"I swear to the gods something is wrong with that boy," whispered Kaelen as he watched her hips sway seductively toward him.  His eyes narrowed as she stopped in front of him, "Are you planning to try to seduce me?"

Xara stared at him with big, bright eyes, "Sebastian said I should please you with my mouth.  He overhead Jacob, Lucas and you discussing it and said that you seemed to like it a lot."

Kaelen nodded as her words didn't quite sink in.  "I think I should leave," he mumbled as she was about to grab his pants.  "I also think we should get your head examined."  Without another word he turned and walked through the wall that connected their rooms.  "What the fuck is wrong with her," he groaned as he dropped down in the chair by his bed.

He glanced down to see his arousal tenting his pants.  "Sebastian suggested that she please me with her mouth," scoffed Kaelen as he rose and walked into the bathroom.  "Fuck I almost took her up on that offer."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

72.5K 4.1K 96
Autumn Wraith took a step a 20-year-old shouldn't take. She was naïve for her own ruin. One wrong move, or should we say one wrong article? She write...
645K 35.7K 76
Dakota Black was a man cloaked with charisma and power. But I made him a monster. Three years ago, I sent him to jail. Accidentally. And now he is ba...
157K 3.2K 34
Meet Raven Night. She's 17. At school, she gets bullied because she's a "nerd". No one knows her past and she tends to keep it that way. During the d...
3.2K 107 6
TRIGGER WARNING ⚠️ ⛔️!! MATURE AUDIENCE ONLY 18+!!! After three, long months in Puerto Rico, Katarina is ready to go back to the city that never sle...